Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 7,608. Estimated population in July 2005: 7,900 (+3.8% change)
Males: 3,794 (49.9%), Females: 3,814 (50.1%)
Median resident age: 33.5 years
Median household income: $34,700 (year 2000)
Median house value: $75,100 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in D'Iberville:
- White Non-Hispanic (76.6%)
- Black (11.4%)
- Vietnamese (5.7%)
- Hispanic (2.6%)
- Two or more races (2.1%)
- American Indian (1.3%)
- Other race (0.9%)
Ancestries: French (11.4%), United States (10.7%), Irish (8.6%), English (6.3%), German (6.1%), Italian (4.1%).
New! Mississippi forum
Elevation: 15 feet
Land area: 4.7 square miles
For population 25 years and over in D'Iberville
- High school or higher: 78.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 8.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.5%
- Unemployed: 6.8%
- Mean travel time to work: 21.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in D'Iberville city
- Never married: 23.5%
- Now married: 53.6%
- Separated: 1.5%
- Widowed: 5.2%
- Divorced: 16.3%
5.2% Foreign born (4.3% Asia).
Population change in the 1990s: +1,090 (+16.7%).
Coast Recovery - Abuse Treatment in a beautiful beachfront atmosphere. />
MS City Guide - Weather, Maps, News Restaurants, Travel, Jobs, History />
Biloxi $100/Person - 228-327-1500 for Details Charter the Boat From $850 />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: MS Biloxi, (2.7 miles pop. 50,644).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Orleans, LA New (86.0 miles pop. 484,674).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: TX Houston, (448.0 miles pop. 1,953,631).
Nearest cities: Martin, MS (1.9 miles St. MS Biloxi, (2.7 miles MS (4.2 miles Latimer, Hills, MS (4.9 miles Gulf Springs, MS Ocean (7.1 miles Park Estates, MS (10.3 miles Gulf MS Gulfport, (12.5 miles MS (16.3 miles Lyman,
Latitude: 30.44 N, Longitude: 88.90 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 228
Industries providing employment: Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (26.1%), Retail trade (14.0%), Educational,health and social services (13.1%), Manufacturing (10.8%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -1,270 (-16.7%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 472 (12.8%)
Average climate in D'Iberville, Mississippi
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
D'Iberville-area historical tornado activity is below Mississippi state average. It is 59% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/13/1980, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 4.5 miles away from the D'Iberville city center injured 25 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 5/16/1980, a category 3 tornado 5.7 miles away from the city center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near D'Iberville:
- SELECT SPECIALTY HOSPITAL-BILOXI (about 3 miles; BILOXI, MS)
- GULF COAST MEDICAL CENTER (about 5 miles; BILOXI, MS)
- BILOXI REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (about 12 miles; BILOXI, MS)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to D'Iberville:
- KEESLER AFB (about 3 miles; BILOXI, MS; ID: BIX)
- GULFPORT-BILOXI INTL (about 12 miles; GULFPORT, MS; ID: GPT)
- TRENT LOTT INTERNATIONAL (about 27 miles; PASCAGOULA, MS; ID: PQL)
Other public-use airports nearest to D'Iberville:
- OCEAN SPRINGS (about 11 miles; OCEAN SPRINGS, MS; ID: 5R2)
- VORTEX (about 18 miles; LONG BEACH, MS; ID: 35M)
- DEAN GRIFFIN MEMORIAL (about 33 miles; WIGGINS, MS; ID: M24)
Amtrak stations near D'Iberville:
- 3 miles: BILOXI (860 ESTERS BLVD.). Services: partially wheelchair accessible, public payphones, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for taxi service, public transit connection.
- 15 miles: GULFPORT (1419 27TH AVE.). Services: partially wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public payphones, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for taxi service.
Local government website:
Local government employment and payroll (March 2002)
|Function ||Full-time employees ||Monthly full-time payroll ||Average yearly full-time wage ||Part-time employees ||Monthly part-time payroll |
|Other Government Administration ||13 ||$32,639 ||$30,128 ||0 ||$0 |
|Judicial and Legal ||3 ||$7,089 ||$28,356 ||0 ||$0 |
|Police - Other ||0 ||$0 || ||1 ||$1,014 |
|Streets and Highways ||11 ||$23,953 ||$26,130 ||0 ||$0 |
|Parks and Recreation ||3 ||$5,916 ||$23,664 ||5 ||$1,809 |
|Water Supply ||3 ||$6,733 ||$26,932 ||0 ||$0 |
|Firefighters ||20 ||$45,121 ||$27,072 ||0 ||$0 |
|Financial Administration ||1 ||$2,311 ||$27,732 ||0 ||$0 |
|Totals for Government ||54 ||$123,763 ||$27,502 ||6 ||$2,823 |Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to D'Iberville:
- MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 24 miles; PERKINSTON, MS; Full-time enrollment: 6,329)
- PEARL RIVER COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 53 miles; POPLARVILLE, MS; FT enrollment: 2,433)
- UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH ALABAMA (about 54 miles; MOBILE, AL; FT enrollment: 9,082)
- UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN MISSISSIPPI (about 58 miles; HATTIESBURG, MS; FT enrollment: 12,541)
- BISHOP STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 61 miles; MOBILE, AL; FT enrollment: 2,758)
- UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH ALABAMA-BALDWIN (about 71 miles; FAIRHOPE, AL; FT enrollment: 5,582)
- JONES COUNTY JUNIOR COLLEGE (about 83 miles; ELLISVILLE, MS; FT enrollment: 4,072)
Shopping Center: Northgate Shopping Center (1).
Churches in D'Iberville include: Big Ridge Church (A), Sacred Heart Catholic Church (B), First Baptist Church of D'Iberville (C).
Creek: Cypress Creek (A).
D'Iberville compared to Mississippi state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in above state average.
- House age above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in D'Iberville:
- WTNI (1640 AM; 10 kW; BILOXI, MS; Owner: MONTEREY LICENSES, LLC)
- WROA (1390 AM; 5 kW; GULFPORT, MS; Owner: DOWDY/DOWDY PARTNERSHIP)
- WXBD (1490 AM; 1 kW; BILOXI, MS; Owner: MONTEREY LICENSES, LLC)
- WGCM (1240 AM; 1 kW; GULFPORT, MS; Owner: JMD, INC)
- WLNO (1060 AM; 50 kW; NEW ORLEANS, LA; Owner: COMMUNICOM CO. OF LOUISIANA, L.P.)
- WWL (870 AM; 50 kW; NEW ORLEANS, LA; Owner: ENTERCOM NEW ORLEANS LICENSE, LLC)
- WZZJ (1580 AM; 5 kW; PASCAGOULA-MOSS POIN, MS; Owner: JUDAH BROADASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- WSJC (810 AM; 50 kW; MAGEE, MS; Owner: FAMILY TALK RADIO)
- WBSL (1190 AM; daytime; 5 kW; BAY ST. LOUIS, MS; Owner: HANCOCK BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WQFX (1130 AM; daytime; 1 kW; GULFPORT, MS; Owner: WALKING BY FAITH MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WASG (550 AM; 25 kW; ATMORE, AL; Owner: 550 AM, INC)
- WNTM (710 AM; 10 kW; MOBILE, AL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WBHY (840 AM; daytime; 10 kW; MOBILE, AL; Owner: GOFORTH MEDIA, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in D'Iberville:
- WQYZ (92.5 FM; OCEAN SPRINGS, MS; Owner: GOLDEN GULF COAST BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WKNN-FM (99.1 FM; PASCAGOULA, MS; Owner: CHASE RADIO PROPERTIES, L.L.C.)
- WMJY (93.7 FM; BILOXI, MS; Owner: CHASE RADIO PROPERTIES, L.L.C.)
- W201BK (88.1 FM; BILOXI, MS; Owner: BIBLE BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC)
- WBUV (104.9 FM; MOSS POINT, MS; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- W215BE (90.9 FM; D'IBERVILLE/BILOXI, MS; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- WUJM (96.7 FM; GULFPORT, MS; Owner: MONTEREY LICENSES, LLC)
- WMAH-FM (90.3 FM; BILOXI, MS; Owner: MISSISSIPPI AUTHORITY FOR EDUCATIONAL TV)
- WXRG (105.9 FM; PASCAGOULA, MS; Owner: MONTEREY LICENSES, LLC)
- WZKX (107.9 FM; BAY ST. LOUIS, MS; Owner: DOWDY & DOWDY PARTNERSHIP)
- WZNF (95.3 FM; LUMBERTON, MS; Owner: JMD, INC.)
- WOSM (103.1 FM; OCEAN SPRINGS, MS; Owner: CHARLES H. COOPER)
- WAOY (91.7 FM; GULFPORT, MS; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION, INC.)
- WXYK (107.1 FM; GULFPORT, MS; Owner: MONTEREY LICENSES, LLC)
- WGCM-FM (102.3 FM; GULFPORT, MS; Owner: JMD, INC.)
- WJZD (94.5 FM; LONG BEACH, MS; Owner: WJZD, INC.)
- WCPR-FM (97.9 FM; WIGGINS, MS; Owner: MONTEREY LICENSES, LLC)
- W221AM (92.1 FM; BILOXI, MS; Owner: JOHN S. LA TOUR/J & J B/C)
TV broadcast stations around D'Iberville:
- WXXV-TV (Channel 25; GULFPORT, MS; Owner: MORRIS NETWORK OF MISSISSIPPI, INC.)
- WMAH-TV (Channel 19; BILOXI, MS; Owner: MISSISSIPPI AUTHORITY FOR EDUCATIONAL TELEVISION)
- WLOX (Channel 13; BILOXI, MS; Owner: LIBCO, INC.)
- W26BR (Channel 26; MERIDIAN, MS; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- W35BM (Channel 35; BILOXI, MS; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.