Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 46,802. Estimated population in July 2005: 47,020 (+0.5% change)
Males: 22,371 (47.8%), Females: 24,431 (52.2%)
Median resident age: 41.8 years
Median household income: $83,802 (year 2000)
Median house value: $238,300 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Chesterfield:
- White Non-Hispanic (90.1%)
- Chinese (2.3%)
- Black (1.9%)
- Hispanic (1.6%)
- Asian Indian (1.4%)
- Two or more races (0.7%)
- Korean (0.7%)
Ancestries: German (31.1%), Irish (16.1%), English (13.3%), United States (6.3%), Italian (5.8%), Russian (5.1%).Missouri
Elevation: 470 feet
Land area: 31.5 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Chesterfield
- High school or higher: 95.9%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 60.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 24.0%
- Unemployed: 2.5%
- Mean travel time to work: 23.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Chesterfield city
- Never married: 19.3%
- Now married: 66.0%
- Separated: 0.5%
- Widowed: 7.2%
- Divorced: 7.0%
8.0% Foreign born (4.4% Asia, 1.9% Europe).
Population change in the 1990s: +4,412 (+10.4%).
Missouri - photos of homes for sale & local community information />
St Louis Homes - not required! Quick access to real estate info. />
with Rent.com - Saint Louis MO apartments Report your lease and get $100. />
44 Apartments - in a great location near Forest Park and Barnes Hospital! />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Peters, MO St. (9.3 miles pop. 51,381).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Louis, MO St. (21.5 miles pop. 348,189).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: IL Chicago, (296.0 miles pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Valley, MO (3.4 miles Clarkson MO Ballwin, (4.1 miles MO (4.7 miles Ellisville, MO (4.8 miles Winchester, MO (5.8 miles Manchester, and Country, MO (5.9 miles Town Country Life Acres, MO (7.0 miles) , Oaks, MO Twin (7.0 miles
Latitude: 38.65 N, Longitude: 90.55 W
Area code: 636
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (22.8%), Manufacturing (14.2%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (13.9%), Finance,insurance,real estate,and rental and leasing (12.3%), Retail trade (10.9%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +12,399 (+26.5%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 5,493 (23.5%)
Crime in Chesterfield by Year
|Type ||1999 ||2000 ||2002 ||2003 |
|Murders ||0 ||0 ||0 ||1 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||2.1 |
|Rapes ||1 ||1 ||4 ||3 |
| per 100,000 ||2.1 ||2.1 ||8.5 ||6.4 |
|Robberies ||6 ||7 ||13 ||5 |
| per 100,000 ||12.8 ||15.0 ||27.8 ||10.7 |
|Assaults ||38 ||26 ||23 ||36 |
| per 100,000 ||81.2 ||55.6 ||49.1 ||76.9 |
|Burglaries ||91 ||87 ||169 ||149 |
| per 100,000 ||194.4 ||185.9 ||361.1 ||318.4 |
|Thefts ||953 ||862 ||786 ||749 |
| per 100,000 ||2036.2 ||1841.8 ||1679.4 ||1600.4 |
|Auto thefts ||32 ||19 ||23 ||19 |
| per 100,000 ||68.4 ||40.6 ||49.1 ||40.6 |
| ||121.5 ||106.4 ||118.0 ||112.8 |
Average climate in Chesterfield, Missouri
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Chesterfield-area historical tornado activity is near Missouri state average. It is 84% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 1/24/1967, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 1.9 miles away from the Chesterfield city center killed 3 people and injured 216 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 2/10/1959, a category 4 tornado 9.1 miles away from the city center killed 21 people and injured 345 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
Birthplace of: James Twellman - Major League Soccer player (San Jose, born: Dec 24, 1982).
Main business address for: RELIV INTERNATIONAL INC (PHARMACEUTICAL PREPARATIONS), BRAND INTERMEDIATE HOLDINGS INC (CONSTRUCTION SPECIAL TRADE CONTRACTORS), REINSURANCE GROUP OF AMERICA INC (ACCIDENT & HEALTH INSURANCE), KELLWOOD CO (WOMEN'S, MISSES', AND JUNIORS OUTERWEAR), REINSURANCE GROUP OF AMERICA INC (ACCIDENT & HEALTH INSURANCE), MAVERICK TUBE CORPORATION (STEEL PIPE & TUBES), ANGELICA CORP /NEW/ (SERVICES-PERSONAL SERVICES), INSITUFORM TECHNOLOGIES INC (WATER, SEWER, PIPELINE, COMM AND POWER LINE CONSTRUCTION) and 1 other public companies.
Hospital/medical center in Chesterfield:
- ST LUKES HOSPITAL (232 S WOODS MILL RD)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Chesterfield:
- RANKEN JORDAN A PEDIATRIC REHAB (about 7 miles; CREVE COEUR, MO)
- BARNES-JEWISH WEST COUNTY HOSPITAL (about 7 miles; SAINT LOUIS, MO)
- ST JOHNS MERCY MEDICAL CENTER (about 7 miles; SAINT LOUIS, MO)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Chesterfield:
- SPIRIT OF ST LOUIS (about 7 miles; ST LOUIS, MO; ID: SUS)
- LAMBERT-ST LOUIS INTL (about 16 miles; ST LOUIS, MO; ID: STL)
- ST LOUIS REGIONAL (about 40 miles; ALTON/ST LOUIS, IL; ID: ALN)
Other public-use airports nearest to Chesterfield:
- CREVE COEUR (about 6 miles; ST LOUIS, MO; ID: 1H0)
- ST CHARLES (about 13 miles; ST CHARLES, MO; ID: 3SQ)
- ST CHARLES COUNTY SMARTT (about 21 miles; ST CHARLES, MO; ID: SET)
Amtrak station near Chesterfield:
- 12 miles: KIRKWOOD (110 W. ARGONNE RD.). Services: ticket office, partially wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, taxi stand, intercity bus service, public transit connection.
Local government website:
Local government employment and payroll (March 2002)
|Function ||Full-time employees ||Monthly full-time payroll ||Average yearly full-time wage ||Part-time employees ||Monthly part-time payroll |
|Judicial and Legal ||3 ||$9,186 ||$36,744 ||0 ||$0 |
|Police Protection - Officers ||85 ||$360,738 ||$50,927 ||0 ||$0 |
|Other and Unallocable ||6 ||$15,620 ||$31,240 ||0 ||$0 |
|Parks and Recreation ||12 ||$32,964 ||$32,964 ||0 ||$0 |
|Financial Administration ||9 ||$41,389 ||$55,185 ||0 ||$0 |
|Other Government Administration ||17 ||$61,939 ||$43,721 ||1 ||$868 |
|Streets and Highways ||48 ||$162,855 ||$40,713 ||3 ||$2,258 |
|Police - Other ||9 ||$22,762 ||$30,349 ||0 ||$0 |
|Totals for Government ||189 ||$707,453 ||$44,917 ||4 ||$3,126 | Colleges/Universities in Chesterfield:
- LOGAN COLLEGE OF CHIROPRACTIC (Full-time enrollment: 837; Location: 1851 SCHOETTLER RD; Private, not-for-profit; Website: www.logan.edu)
- NORTH COUNTY TECHNICAL SPECIAL SCHOOL DIST-WEST (Location: 13480 S OUTER FORTY RD; Public)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Chesterfield:
- MARYVILLE UNIVERSITY OF SAINT LOUIS (about 7 miles; ST LOUIS, MO; Full-time enrollment: 2,094)
- ST CHARLES COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 10 miles; ST PETERS, MO; FT enrollment: 3,301)
- SAINT LOUIS COMMUNITY COLLEGE-MERAMEC (about 12 miles; KIRKWOOD, MO; FT enrollment: 7,507)
- LINDENWOOD UNIVERSITY (about 12 miles; ST CHARLES, MO; FT enrollment: 5,116)
- WEBSTER UNIVERSITY (about 15 miles; ST LOUIS, MO; FT enrollment: 8,252)
- WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY (about 16 miles; ST LOUIS, MO; FT enrollment: 10,939)
- UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI-ST LOUIS (about 19 miles; ST LOUIS, MO; FT enrollment: 9,715)
Public high schools in Chesterfield:
- MARQUETTE SR. HIGH (Students: 2,110; Location: 2351 CLARKSON RD; Grades: 09 - 12)
- CENTRAL HIGH (Students: 1,403; Location: 369 N WOODS MILL RD; Grades: 09 - 12)
Biggest public primary/middle schools in Chesterfield:
- WEST MIDDLE (Students: 1,079; Location: 2312 BAXTER RD; Grades: 06 - 08)
- CENTRAL MIDDLE (Students: 1,023; Location: 471 N WOODS MILL RD; Grades: 06 - 08)
- ROCKWOOD CTR. EARLY CHILD. ED. (Students: 624; Location: 2730 VALLEY RD; Grades: PK - PK)
- CHESTERFIELD ELEM. (Students: 619; Location: 17700 WILD HORSE CREEK RD; Grades: KG - 05)
- KEHRS MILL ELEM. (Students: 574; Location: 2650 KEHRS MILL RD; Grades: KG - 05)
- WILD HORSE ELEM. (Students: 573; Location: 16695 WILD HORSE CREEK RD; Grades: KG - 05)
- SHENANDOAH VALLEY ELEM. (Students: 489; Location: 15399 APPALACHIAN TRAIL; Grades: KG - 05)
- GREEN TRAILS ELEM. (Students: 472; Location: 170 PORTICO DR; Grades: KG - 05)
- HIGHCROFT RIDGE ELEM. (Students: 438; Location: 15380 HIGHCROFT DR; Grades: KG - 05)
- RIVER BEND ELEM. (Students: 297; Location: 224 RIVER VALLEY DR; Grades: KG - 05)
Private primary/middle schools in Chesterfield:
- ASCENSION ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 579; Location: 238 SANTA MARIA DRIVE; Grades: KG - 8)
- INCARNATE WORD ELEM SCHOOL (Students: 439; Location: 13416 OLIVE BOULEVARD; Grades: KG - 8)
- CHESTERFIELD DAY SCHOOL (Students: 310; Location: 1100 WHITE ROAD; Grades: PK - 6)
- LINDA VISTA CATHOLIC SCHOOL (Students: 295; Location: 1633 KEHRS MILL ROAD; Grades: PK - 8)
- MONTESSORI CHILDRENS HOUSE (Students: 103; Location: 14000 LADUE ROAD; Grades: PK - 6)
- WEST COUNTY CHRISTIAN SCHOOL (Students: 78; Location: POB 6852; Grades: KG - 6)
- ST JOSEPH INSTITUTE FOR DEAF (Students: 71; Location: 1809 CLARKSON RD; Grades: PK - 8)
- WESTWOOD S.D.A. JUNIOR ACADEMY (Students: 14; Location: 14760 CONWAY RD; Grades: 1 - 10)
Notable locations in Chesterfield: Monarch Station (A), Saint Louis City Waterworks (B), Meadowbrook Country Club (C), Forum Center (D).
Shopping Centers: Chesterfield Mall (1), Claymont Shopping Center (2), Four Seasons Shopping Center (3).
Churches in Chesterfield include: Antioch Church (A), Saint Thomas Church (B), Gumbo Church (C), Bonhomme Church (D), Saint Johns Church (E).
Cemeteries: Everwine Cemetery (1), Conway Cemetery (2).
Reservoirs: Fienup Lake (A), Number 126 Reservoir (B), Arrowhead Estates Lower Lake (C).
Creeks: Bonhomme Creek (A), Caulks Creek (B).
Chesterfield compared to Missouri state average:
- Median household income above state average.
- Median house value above state average.
- Black race population percentage above state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage above state average.
- Number of rooms per house above state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Chesterfield:
- KXEN (1010 AM; 50 kW; FESTUS-ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: BDJ RADIO ENTERPRISES, LLC)
- KMOX (1120 AM; 50 kW; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- KFUO (850 AM; 5 kW; CLAYTON, MO; Owner: LUTHERAN CHURCH-MISSOURI SYNOD)
- KIRL (1460 AM; 5 kW; ST. CHARLES, MO; Owner: BRONCO BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- KSIV (1320 AM; 5 kW; CLAYTON, MO; Owner: BOTT COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KTRS (550 AM; 5 kW; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: KTRS-AM LICENSE, L.L.C.)
- WSDZ (1260 AM; 20 kW; BELLEVILLE, IL)
- KJSL (630 AM; 5 kW; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: WMUZ RADIO, INC.)
- KRFT (1190 AM; 10 kW; DE SOTO, MO; Owner: ALL SPORTS RADIO, LLC)
- KSLG (1380 AM; 5 kW; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: NEW HORIZON 7TH-DAY CHRISTIAN CHURCH, INC.)
- WRTH (1430 AM; 5 kW; ST. LOUIS, MO)
- KATZ (1600 AM; 5 kW; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KSTL (690 AM; 1 kW; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: WMUZ RADIO, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Chesterfield:
- KYMC (89.7 FM; BALLWIN, MO; Owner: THE YMCA OF GREATER ST. LOUIS)
- KEZK-FM (102.5 FM; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: INFINITY RADIO SUBSIDIARY OPERATIONS INC.)
- KIHT (96.3 FM; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: EMMIS RADIO LICENSE CORPORATION)
- KSD (93.7 FM; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WIL-FM (92.3 FM; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
- KWMU (90.7 FM; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: THE CURATORS OF THE UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI)
- KSLZ (107.7 FM; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KFUO-FM (99.1 FM; CLAYTON, MO; Owner: THE LUTHERAN CHURCH-MISSOURI SYNOD)
- KYKY (98.1 FM; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: INFINITY RADIO SUBSIDIARY OPERATIONS INC.)
- WSSM (106.5 FM; GRANITE CITY, IL; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
- KSHE (94.7 FM; CRESTWOOD, MO; Owner: EMMIS RADIO LICENSE CORPORATION)
- KLOU (103.3 FM; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KSIV-FM (91.5 FM; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: COMMUNITY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KFTK (97.1 FM; FLORISSANT, MO; Owner: EMMIS RADIO LICENSE CORPORATION)
- KDHX (88.1 FM; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: DOUBLE HELIX CORPORATION)
- KPNT (105.7 FM; ST. GENEVIEVE, MO; Owner: EMMIS RADIO LICENSE CORPORATION)
- KNLH (89.5 FM; CEDAR HILL, MO; Owner: NEW LIFE EVANGELISTIC CENTER, INC.)
- KCLC (89.1 FM; ST. CHARLES, MO; Owner: LINDENWOOD COLLEGE)
- WMLL (104.1 FM; JERSEYVILLE, IL; Owner: EMMIS RADIO LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WSIE (88.7 FM; EDWARDSVILLE, IL; Owner: BOARD OF TRUSTEES, S. ILLINOIS UNIV.)
TV broadcast stations around Chesterfield:
- KTVI (Channel 2; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: KTVI LICENSE, INC.)
- KSDK (Channel 5; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: MULTIMEDIA KSDK, INC.)
- KETC (Channel 9; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: ST. LOUIS REGIONAL & EDUCATIONAL PUBLIC TV COMMISSION)
- KPLR-TV (Channel 11; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: KPLR, INC.)
- KDNL-TV (Channel 30; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: KDNL LICENSEE, LLC)
- K59GP (Channel 59; ST. CHARLES, MO; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- KMOV (Channel 4; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: KMOV-TV, INC.)
- KPTN-LP (Channel 58; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: KURT J. PETERSEN)
- WRBU (Channel 46; EAST ST. LOUIS, IL; Owner: ROBERTS BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KNLC (Channel 24; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: NEW LIFE EVANGELISTIC CENTER, INC.)
- K63FW (Channel 63; JAMESTOWN, MO; Owner: ROGER E. HARDERS)
- K18BT (Channel 18; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- K65FN (Channel 65; BATESVILLE, AR; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- K40FF (Channel 40; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: EBC ST. LOUIS, INC.)
- K62EG (Channel 62; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: ETERNAL FAMILY NETWORK)
- K49FC (Channel 49; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: THREE ANGELS BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- K64DT (Channel 64; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: WORD OF GOD FELLOWSHIP, INC.)
- K38HD (Channel 38; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: VENTANA TELEVISION, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.