Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 13,666
Males: 8,375 (61.3%), Females: 5,291 (38.7%)
Median resident age: 21.4 years
Median household income: $33,891 (year 2000)
Median house value: $65,000 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Fort Leonard Wood:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (60.0%)
- Black (21.6%)
- Hispanic (11.4%)
- Other race (5.0%)
- Two or more races (4.7%)
- American Indian (2.0%)
- Filipino (1.0%)
- Korean (0.7%)
Ancestries: German (16.5%), Irish (10.4%), United States (7.6%), English (4.6%), Italian (4.4%), French (2.0%).Leonard Wood, Missouri forum
Land area: 97.2 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Fort Leonard Wood
- High school or higher: 97.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 26.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 6.6%
- Unemployed: 11.6%
- Mean travel time to work: 10.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Fort Leonard Wood CDP
- Never married: 42.8%
- Now married: 53.1%
- Separated: 0.9%
- Widowed: 0.2%
- Divorced: 3.1%
5.0% Foreign born (1.9% Asia, 1.7% Latin America, 1.2% Europe).
Wood Homes for Sale - Home Tours Available Homes from under 100K to 500K />
Ft Leonard Wood Info - to Ft Wood? Free area real estate information. />
Directions & Maps - hotels, restaurants and more anytime! Free and easy tool. />
Injury Lawyers - in Missouri? Car accident and malpractice. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: MO Columbia, (85.0 miles pop. 84,531).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Louis, MO St. (142.7 miles pop. 348,189).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: IL Chicago, (416.5 miles pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Robert, MO (6.1 miles St. MO (8.7 miles Waynesville, Edgar Springs, MO (17.5 miles) , MO (17.8 miles Crocker, MO (17.8 miles Dixon, MO (19.3 miles Newburg, MO (21.2 miles Doolittle, MO (21.3 miles Richland,
Latitude: 37.74 N, Longitude: 92.12 W
Area code: 573
Industries providing employment: Public administration (25.9%), Educational,health and social services (25.7%), Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (10.6%), Retail trade (10.2%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +4,582 (+33.5%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 6,928 (85.4%)
Average climate in Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Fort Leonard Wood-area historical tornado activity is below Missouri state average. It is 18% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 3/25/1954, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 20.1 miles away from the Fort Leonard Wood city center killed 2 people and caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
On 9/26/1959, a category 4 tornado 37.7 miles away from the city center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Birthplace of: C.J. Mosley - 2005 NFL player (Minnesota Vikings, born: Aug 6, 1983).
Hospitals/medical centers near Fort Leonard Wood:
- PHELPS COUNTY REGIONAL MED CENTER (about 28 miles; ROLLA, MO)
- TEXAS COUNTY MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 32 miles; HOUSTON, MO)
- BREECH REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (about 37 miles; LEBANON, MO)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Fort Leonard Wood:
- WAYNESVILLE RGNL ARPT AT FORNEY FIELD (about 2 miles; FORT LEONARD WOOD, MO; ID: TBN)
- LEE C FINE MEMORIAL (about 38 miles; KAISER LAKE OZARK, MO; ID: AIZ)
- JEFFERSON CITY MEML (about 59 miles; JEFFERSON CITY, MO; ID: JEF)
Other public-use airports nearest to Fort Leonard Wood:
- RICHLAND MUNI (about 22 miles; RICHLAND, MO; ID: MO1)
- ROLLA DOWNTOWN (about 26 miles; ROLLA, MO; ID: K07)
- HOUSTON MEMORIAL (about 31 miles; HOUSTON, MO; ID: M48)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Fort Leonard Wood:
- UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI-ROLLA (about 26 miles; ROLLA, MO; Full-time enrollment: 4,181)
- LINCOLN UNIVERSITY (about 56 miles; JEFFERSON CITY, MO; FT enrollment: 2,580)
- UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI-COLUMBIA (about 81 miles; COLUMBIA, MO; FT enrollment: 21,444)
- COLUMBIA COLLEGE (about 81 miles; COLUMBIA, MO; FT enrollment: 5,892)
- SOUTHWEST MISSOURI STATE UNIVERSITY (about 88 miles; SPRINGFIELD, MO; FT enrollment: 14,680)
- SOUTHWEST BAPTIST UNIVERSITY (about 90 miles; BOLIVAR, MO; FT enrollment: 2,612)
- DRURY UNIVERSITY (about 91 miles; Springfield, MO; FT enrollment: 3,125)
Notable locations in Fort Leonard Wood: Wildwood (A), Ramseys Place (B), Ramsey Ford (C), Dudas Ford (D), Happy Hollow Beach (E).
Cemeteries: Rockwell Cemetery (1), McCann Cemetery (2), Macedonia Cemetery (3), Cedar Hill Cemetery (4), Ramsey Cemetery (5), Clark Cemetery (6), Bloodland Cemetery (7).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Little Piney Creek (A), Smith Branch (B).
Fort Leonard Wood compared to Missouri state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Median age significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- Population density significantly below state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Fort Leonard Wood:
- KJPW (1390 AM; 5 kW; WAYNESVILLE, MO; Owner: PULASKI COUNTY BROADCASTERS, INC.)
- KOZQ (1270 AM; 1 kW; WAYNESVILLE, MO; Owner: FIDELITY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KBNN (750 AM; daytime; 5 kW; LEBANON, MO; Owner: OZARK BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KRMS (1150 AM; 10 kW; OSAGE BEACH, MO; Owner: VIPER COMMUNICATIONS, INC)
- KXEN (1010 AM; 50 kW; FESTUS-ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: BDJ RADIO ENTERPRISES, LLC)
- KMOX (1120 AM; 50 kW; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- KWOS (950 AM; 5 kW; JEFFERSON CITY, MO; Owner: ZIMMER RADIO OF MID-MISSOURI, INC.)
- WHB (810 AM; 50 kW; KANSAS CITY, MO; Owner: UNION BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KGHT (880 AM; 50 kW; SHERIDAN, AR; Owner: METROPOLITAN RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- KLIK (1240 AM; 5 kW; JEFFERSON CITY, MO; Owner: PREMIER RADIO GROUP)
- WCRV (640 AM; 50 kW; COLLIERVILLE, TN; Owner: BOTT BROADCASTING COMPANY/TENNESSEE)
- KMOZ (1590 AM; 1 kW; ROLLA, MO; Owner: KDAA-KMOZ, LLC)
- KAAY (1090 AM; 50 kW; LITTLE ROCK, AR; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
Strongest FM radio stations in Fort Leonard Wood:
- KJPW-FM (102.3 FM; WAYNESVILLE, MO; Owner: PULASKI COUNTY BROADCASTERS, INC.)
- KFLW (98.9 FM; ST. ROBERT, MO; Owner: OZARK MEDIA)
- KJEL (103.7 FM; LEBANON, MO; Owner: OZARK BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KFBD-FM (97.9 FM; WAYNESVILLE, MO; Owner: FIDELITY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KZNN (105.3 FM; ROLLA, MO; Owner: KTTR-KZNN, INC.)
- KCLQ (107.9 FM; LEBANON, MO; Owner: PEARSON BROADCASTING OF LEBANON, INC.)
- KDAA (97.5 FM; ROLLA, MO; Owner: KDAA-KMOZ, LLC)
- KUMR (88.5 FM; ROLLA, MO; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI)
- K207AY (89.3 FM; ST. ROBERT, MO; Owner: LAKE AREA EDCTNAL B/CNG FOUNDATION)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.