Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 6,737. Estimated population in July 2005: 9,862 (+46.4% change)
Males: 3,136 (46.5%), Females: 3,601 (53.5%)
Median resident age: 32.1 years
Median household income: $40,332 (year 2000)
Median house value: $92,900 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Troy:
- White Non-Hispanic (93.0%)
- Black (2.9%)
- Two or more races (1.9%)
- Hispanic (1.7%)
- American Indian (1.4%)
- Other race (0.8%)
Ancestries: German (26.7%), Irish (12.8%), United States (10.4%), English (8.2%), French (3.4%), Polish (2.7%).Missouri
Elevation: 545 feet
Land area: 5.9 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Troy
- High school or higher: 78.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 14.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 6.2%
- Unemployed: 5.8%
- Mean travel time to work: 20.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Troy city
- Never married: 22.8%
- Now married: 55.1%
- Separated: 1.1%
- Widowed: 8.8%
- Divorced: 12.2%
0.3% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: +2,411 (+55.7%).
Free Maps Now - access to maps & directions on your desktop! Free and easy. />
& Sell Missouri Map - 181 million buyers globally. Start selling on eBay today! />
44 Apartments - in a great location near Forest Park and Barnes Hospital! />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Peters, MO St. (29.1 miles pop. 51,381).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Louis, MO St. (55.9 miles pop. 348,189).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: IL Chicago, (301.0 miles pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Mills, MO (4.4 miles Moscow Cave, MO (6.5 miles) , Fountain N' Lakes, MO (8.8 miles) , City, MO (10.7 miles Wright Point, MO (10.8 miles Hawk MO (11.0 miles Foristell, Hill, MO (11.1 miles Flint MO (11.6 miles Silex,
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 98 buildings, average cost: $76,500
- 1997: 136 buildings, average cost: $72,800
- 1998: 76 buildings, average cost: $81,600
- 1999: 95 buildings, average cost: $86,300
- 2000: 112 buildings, average cost: $97,500
- 2001: 114 buildings, average cost: $100,300
- 2002: 115 buildings, average cost: $100,900
- 2003: 152 buildings, average cost: $106,900
- 2004: 255 buildings, average cost: $110,300
- 2005: 283 buildings, average cost: $124,900
Latitude: 38.97 N, Longitude: 90.98 W
Area code: 636
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (24.5%), Manufacturing (19.8%), Retail trade (10.3%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +2,663 (+39.5%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,328 (45.7%)
Crime in Troy (2002):
- 0 murders (0.0 per 100,000)
- 1 rape (14.6 per 100,000)
- 1 robbery (14.6 per 100,000)
- 17 assaults (248.9 per 100,000)
- 54 burglaries (790.6 per 100,000)
- 237 thefts (3470.0 per 100,000)
- 16 auto thefts (234.3 per 100,000) crime index = 276.7 (higher means more crime, US average = 328.4)
Average climate in Troy, Missouri
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Troy-area historical tornado activity is slightly below Missouri state average. It is 44% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/29/1984, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 4.3 miles away from the Troy city center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 1/24/1967, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 35.7 miles away from the city center killed 3 people and injured 216 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
Hospital/medical center in Troy:
- LINCOLN COUNTY MEDICAL CENTER (1000 E CHERRY)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Troy:
- CROSSROADS REGIONAL HOSPITAL (about 15 miles; WENTZVILLE, MO)
- ST JOSEPH HOSPITAL WEST (about 19 miles; LAKE SAINT LOUIS, MO)
- SPIRIT OF ST LOUIS HOSPITAL (about 29 miles; SAINT CHARLES, MO)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Troy:
- SPIRIT OF ST LOUIS (about 32 miles; ST LOUIS, MO; ID: SUS)
- LAMBERT-ST LOUIS INTL (about 47 miles; ST LOUIS, MO; ID: STL)
- ST LOUIS REGIONAL (about 66 miles; ALTON/ST LOUIS, IL; ID: ALN)
Other public-use airports nearest to Troy:
- GREENSFIELD (about 6 miles; MOSCOW MILLS, MO; ID: M71)
- WASHINGTON MEMORIAL (about 27 miles; WASHINGTON, MO; ID: MO6)
- MONTGOMERY-WEHRMAN (about 31 miles; MONTGOMERY CITY, MO; ID: 4MO)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Troy:
- ST CHARLES COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 29 miles; ST PETERS, MO; Full-time enrollment: 3,301)
- LINDENWOOD UNIVERSITY (about 35 miles; ST CHARLES, MO; FT enrollment: 5,116)
- MARYVILLE UNIVERSITY OF SAINT LOUIS (about 43 miles; ST LOUIS, MO; FT enrollment: 2,094)
- SAINT LOUIS COMMUNITY COLLEGE-MERAMEC (about 48 miles; KIRKWOOD, MO; FT enrollment: 7,507)
- SAINT LOUIS COMMUNITY COLLEGE-FLORISSANT VALLEY (about 50 miles; ST LOUIS, MO; FT enrollment: 3,749)
- WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY (about 51 miles; ST LOUIS, MO; FT enrollment: 10,939)
- UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI-ST LOUIS (about 51 miles; ST LOUIS, MO; FT enrollment: 9,715)
Public high school in Troy:
- TROY BUCHANAN HIGH (Students: 1,553; Location: 1190 OLD CAP-AU-GRIS; Grades: 09 - 12)
Private high school in Troy:
- TROY HOLINESS ELEMENTARY/HIGH (Students: 39; Location: 1220 SOUTH MAIN; Grades: KG - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Troy:
- TROY MIDDLE (Students: 1,274; Location: 713 W COLLEGE; Grades: 06 - 08)
- CLAUDE BROWN ELEM. (Students: 908; Location: 711 W COLLEGE; Grades: 03 - 05)
- TROY PRIMARY (Students: 826; Location: 51 N MAIN ST; Grades: KG - 02)
- CAMP AVERY PARK CAMP (Students: 27; Location: 198 AVERY LN; Grades: 06 - 12)
Private primary/middle school in Troy:
- SACRED HEART (Students: 246; Location: 100 THOMPSON DRIVE; Grades: KG - 8)
Reservoir: Trojan Lake (A).
Troy compared to Missouri state average:
- Black race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in below state average.
- House age below state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Troy:
- KXEN (1010 AM; 50 kW; FESTUS-ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: BDJ RADIO ENTERPRISES, LLC)
- KMOX (1120 AM; 50 kW; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- KWRE (730 AM; 1 kW; WARRENTON, MO; Owner: KASPAR BROADCASTING CO. OF MISSOURI)
- KIRL (1460 AM; 5 kW; ST. CHARLES, MO; Owner: BRONCO BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WSDZ (1260 AM; 20 kW; BELLEVILLE, IL)
- KFUO (850 AM; 5 kW; CLAYTON, MO; Owner: LUTHERAN CHURCH-MISSOURI SYNOD)
- KTRS (550 AM; 5 kW; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: KTRS-AM LICENSE, L.L.C.)
- KRFT (1190 AM; 10 kW; DE SOTO, MO; Owner: ALL SPORTS RADIO, LLC)
- KJSL (630 AM; 5 kW; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: WMUZ RADIO, INC.)
- KHMO (1070 AM; 5 kW; HANNIBAL, MO)
- KSIV (1320 AM; 5 kW; CLAYTON, MO; Owner: BOTT COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WTAD (930 AM; 5 kW; QUINCY, IL; Owner: STARADIO CORPORATION)
- KSLG (1380 AM; 5 kW; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: NEW HORIZON 7TH-DAY CHRISTIAN CHURCH, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Troy:
- KFNS-FM (100.7 FM; TROY, MO; Owner: SIMULCAST, LLC)
- KFAV (99.9 FM; WARRENTON, MO; Owner: KASPAR B/CASTING COMPANY OF MISSOURI)
- KPCR-FM (94.1 FM; BOWLING GREEN, MO; Owner: FOUR HIM ENTERPRISES, L.L.C.)
- KFTK (97.1 FM; FLORISSANT, MO; Owner: EMMIS RADIO LICENSE CORPORATION)
- KSLQ-FM (104.5 FM; WASHINGTON, MO; Owner: Y2K, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Troy:
- K63FW (Channel 63; JAMESTOWN, MO; Owner: ROGER E. HARDERS)
- K59GP (Channel 59; ST. CHARLES, MO; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.