Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 186,070
Males: 97,081 (52.2%), Females: 88,989 (47.8%)
Median resident age: 35.3 years
Median household income: $39,376 (year 2000)
Median house value: $140,600 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Paradise:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (59.7%)
- Hispanic (23.5%)
- Other race (8.4%)
- Black (6.6%)
- Two or more races (4.7%)
- Filipino (2.9%)
- American Indian (1.4%)
- Chinese (0.9%)
- Japanese (0.7%)
- Korean (0.6%)
- Other Asian (0.6%)
- Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander (0.6%)
Ancestries: German (12.0%), Irish (9.7%), English (8.1%), Italian (7.2%), United States (4.2%), French (3.0%).
New! Nevada forum
Elevation: 2055 feet
Land area: 47.1 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Paradise
- High school or higher: 79.9%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 17.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.9%
- Unemployed: 7.0%
- Mean travel time to work: 21.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Paradise CDP
- Never married: 30.2%
- Now married: 46.2%
- Separated: 2.9%
- Widowed: 5.5%
- Divorced: 15.2%
22.6% Foreign born (12.8% Latin America, 5.8% Asia, 2.5% Europe).
Las Vegas - on Lake Las Vegas Real Estate, Homes, Condos & Custom Lots /> Nevada. />
District-Green Valley - living, dining and shopping in Green Valley. />
Nevada Homes - Virtual Tours Of Homes, Community & More in Pahrump NV />
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Vegas, NV Las (10.2 miles pop. 478,434).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Angeles, CA Los (262.6 miles pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: NV (3.7 miles Winchester, NV (5.6 miles Whitney, NV (6.1 miles Enterprise, NV Henderson, (7.7 miles Manor, NV (7.8 miles Sunrise Valley, NV (8.9 miles Spring Las Vegas, NV (10.2 miles North Vegas, NV Las (10.2 miles
Latitude: 36.08 N, Longitude: 115.12 W
Industries providing employment: Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (35.8%), Retail trade (10.6%), Educational,health and social services (10.1%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +115,806 (+62.2%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 44,589 (48.0%)
Average climate in Paradise, Nevada
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Hospitals/medical centers near Paradise:
- DESERT SPRINGS HOSPITAL (about 2 miles; LAS VEGAS, NV)
- INTEGRATED HEALTH SERVICES OF LAS VEGA (about 2 miles; LAS VEGAS, NV)
- SUNRISE HOSPITAL & MEDICAL CENTER (about 4 miles; LAS VEGAS, NV)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Paradise:
- MC CARRAN INTL (about 3 miles; LAS VEGAS, NV; ID: LAS)
- NELLIS AFB (about 13 miles; LAS VEGAS, NV; ID: LSV)
- LAUGHLIN/BULLHEAD INTERNATIONAL (about 76 miles; BULLHEAD CITY, AZ; ID: IFP)
Other public-use airports nearest to Paradise:
- HENDERSON EXECUTIVE (about 8 miles; LAS VEGAS, NV; ID: HND)
- NORTH LAS VEGAS (about 10 miles; LAS VEGAS, NV; ID: VGT)
- BOULDER CITY MUNI (about 22 miles; BOULDER CITY, NV; ID: 61B)
Amtrak station near Paradise:
- 7 miles: LAS VEGAS (1 MAIN ST.) - Bus Station. Services: enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, snack bar, paid short-term parking, paid long-term parking, call for car rental service, call for taxi service, intercity bus service, public transit connection.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Paradise:
- COMMUNITY COLLEGE OF SOUTHERN NEVADA (about 9 miles; LAS VEGAS, NV; Full-time enrollment: 13,686)
- UNIVERSITY OF NEVADA-LAS VEGAS (about 15 miles; LAS VEGAS, NV; FT enrollment: 15,686)
- MOHAVE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 99 miles; KINGMAN, AZ; FT enrollment: 2,405)
- LOMA LINDA UNIVERSITY (about 104 miles; LOMA LINDA, CA; FT enrollment: 2,761)
- DIXIE STATE COLLEGE OF UTAH (about 128 miles; ST GEORGE, UT; FT enrollment: 4,347)
- UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA-RIVERSIDE (about 173 miles; RIVERSIDE, CA; FT enrollment: 12,213)
- SOUTHERN UTAH UNIVERSITY (about 178 miles; CEDAR CITY, UT; FT enrollment: 5,091)
Notable locations in Paradise: Winchester Plaza (A), Mission Center (B), Emerald Green Golf Course (C), Maryland Square (D), Runnin Rebel Plaza (E), Renaissance Center East (F), Fashion Square (G), Vista Plaza (H), Vallejo Center (I), University Plaza (J), Tropicana Spencer Square (K), Tropicana Plaza (L), Tropicana East Centre (M), Tropicana Country Club (N), Townhouse Center (O), Pecos Plaza (P), Tiffany Square (Q), Bolero Plaza (R), Ocotillo Plaza (S), Sundance Plaza (T).
Shopping Centers: Spring Oaks Plaza Shopping Center (1), Camelot Shopping Center (2), Campus Village Shopping Center (3), Central Valley Shopping Center (4), Maryland Crossing Shopping Center (5), College Town Number Two Shopping Center (6), College Town Shopping Center (7).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Tropicana Wash (A).
Parks in Paradise include: Desert Inn Park (1), Maslow County Park (2), Paradise Vista Park (3), Sunset Park (4), Paradise Valley County Park (5), Ferron Park (6).
Post offices: Airport Branch Post Office (A), Paradise Valley Branch Post Office (B).
Paradise compared to Nevada state average:
- Black race population percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- Number of rooms per house below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
- Population density below state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Paradise:
- KDWN (720 AM; 50 kW; LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: RADIO NEVADA CORP.)
- KENO (1460 AM; 10 kW; LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: LOTUS BROADCASTING CORP.)
- KXNT (840 AM; 50 kW; NORTH LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- KBAD (920 AM; 5 kW; LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: LOTUS BROADCASTING CORP.)
- KNUU (970 AM; 5 kW; PARADISE, NV; Owner: NEVADA MEDIA GROUP, INC.)
- KLSQ (870 AM; 10 kW; WHITNEY, NV; Owner: KLSQ-AM LICENSE CORPORATION)
- KSFN (1140 AM; 10 kW; NORTH LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- KKVV (1060 AM; 5 kW; LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: LAS VEGAS BROADCASTERS, INC.)
- KSHP (1400 AM; 5 kW; NORTH LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: LAS VEGAS RADIO CO. INC)
- KDOX (1280 AM; 5 kW; HENDERSON, NV; Owner: S & R BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KLAV (1230 AM; 1 kW; LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: GOR-OVERGAARD BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KRLV (1340 AM; 1 kW; LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: CONTINENTAL RADIO BROADCASTING ACQUISITIONS, LLC)
- KLAC (570 AM; 50 kW; LOS ANGELES, CA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Paradise:
- KJUL (104.3 FM; NORTH LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: KJUL LICENSE, LLC)
- KNPR (89.5 FM; LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: NEVADA PUBLIC RADIO CORPORATION)
- KXPT (97.1 FM; LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: LOTUS BROADCASTING CORP.)
- K211DC (90.1 FM; PAHRUMP, NV; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- KOAS (105.7 FM; DOLAN SPRINGS, AZ; Owner: DESERT SKY MEDIA, LLC)
- KISF (103.5 FM; LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: HBC LICENSE CORPORATION)
- K295AJ (106.9 FM; NORTH LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: CSN INTERNATIONAL)
- KRRN-FM1 (92.7 FM; EAST LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KKLZ (96.3 FM; LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: KJUL LICENSE, LLC)
- KILA (90.5 FM; LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: FAITH COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- KSNE-FM (106.5 FM; LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KMXB (94.1 FM; HENDERSON, NV; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- KCEP (88.1 FM; LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: ECONOMIC OPPORTUNITY BOARD OF CLARK COUNTY)
- KWID (101.9 FM; LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KMZQ-FM (100.5 FM; HENDERSON, NV; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- KWNR (95.5 FM; HENDERSON, NV; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KVEG-FM1 (97.5 FM; HENDERSON, NV; Owner: KEMP BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KUNV (91.5 FM; LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: UNIV OF NEVADA SYSTEM BD OF REGENTS)
- KQOL-FM (93.1 FM; LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KXTE (107.5 FM; PAHRUMP, NV; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Paradise:
- K57FA (Channel 57; LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- KYRK-LP (Channel 35; LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: MAKO COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- KVBC (Channel 3; LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: VALLEY BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KBLR (Channel 39; PARADISE, NV; Owner: SUMMIT MEDIA LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KVVU-TV (Channel 5; HENDERSON, NV; Owner: KVVU BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- K67GB (Channel 67; LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: WORD OF GOD FELLOWSHIP, INC.)
- KFBT (Channel 33; LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: CHANNEL 33, INC.)
- KLAS-TV (Channel 8; LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: KLAS, INC. (A NEVADA CORPORATION))
- K43FO (Channel 43; LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: THREE ANGELS BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- KTNV (Channel 13; LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- KLSV-LP (Channel 50; LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: BILTMORE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KVWB (Channel 21; LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: KUPN LICENSEE, LLC)
- KLVX (Channel 10; LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: CLARK COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT)
- KINC (Channel 15; LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KTVY-LP (Channel 63; LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: KALEIDOSCOPE AFFILIATES OF LAS VEGAS)
- KVPX-LP (Channel 59; LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: LOCALONE TEXAS, LTD.)
- KHDF-CA (Channel 19; LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: AMANDA ORRICK MINTZ)
- KNBX-LP (Channel 31; LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: EQUITY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.