Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 10,548
Males: 5,403 (51.2%), Females: 5,145 (48.8%)
Median resident age: 31.9 years
Median household income: $60,109 (year 2000)
Median house value: $129,800 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Spring Creek:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (89.8%)
- Hispanic (6.5%)
- American Indian (2.6%)
- Two or more races (2.4%)
- Other race (2.3%)
Ancestries: German (21.4%), English (16.2%), Irish (14.1%), United States (7.1%), Italian (5.5%), Swedish (3.9%).
New! Creek, Nevada forum
Elevation: 5700 feet
Land area: 58.7 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Spring Creek
- High school or higher: 90.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 18.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 8.0%
- Unemployed: 5.2%
- Mean travel time to work: 38.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Spring Creek CDP
- Never married: 18.5%
- Now married: 71.0%
- Separated: 1.0%
- Widowed: 2.1%
- Divorced: 7.5%
2.1% Foreign born (1.1% Latin America, 0.6% North America, 0.3% Europe).
Nevada - Tours, Reviews, Hotel Maps Compare & Save on Hotels Today! /> Nevada. />
Hotels - to find great deals? Compare low hotel rates before you book. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: ID Boise, (203.2 miles pop. 185,787).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Vegas, NV Las (315.9 miles pop. 478,434).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Angeles, CA Los (498.8 miles pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: NV Elko, (13.4 miles NV (35.8 miles Carlin, NV (49.7 miles Wells, NV (91.1 miles Owyhee, Mountain, NV (92.7 miles Battle Wendover, NV West (104.6 miles UT Wendover, (107.2 miles NV (108.6 miles McGill,
Latitude: 40.75 N, Longitude: 115.59 W
Industries providing employment: Agriculture,forestry,fishing and hunting, and mining (28.1%), Educational,health and social services (18.9%), Retail trade (10.3%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -4,409 (-41.8%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 755 (14.1%)
Average climate in Spring Creek, Nevada
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Hospitals/medical centers near Spring Creek:
- NORTHEASTERN NV REGIONAL HOSPITAL (about 15 miles; ELKO, NV)
- OWYHEE COMMUNITY HEALTH FACILITY (about 93 miles; OWYHEE, NV)
- BATTLE MOUNTAIN GENERAL HOSPITAL (about 105 miles; BATTE MTN, NV)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Spring Creek:
- ELKO REGIONAL (about 15 miles; ELKO, NV; ID: EKO)
- WENDOVER (about 110 miles; WENDOVER, UT; ID: ENV)
- ELY ARPT /YELLAND FLD/ (about 114 miles; ELY, NV; ID: ELY)
Other public-use airports nearest to Spring Creek:
- WELLS MUNICIPAL/HARRIET FIELD (about 54 miles; WELLS, NV; ID: LWL)
- STEVENS-CROSBY (about 55 miles; NORTH FORK, NV; ID: 08U)
- CRESCENT VALLEY (about 71 miles; CRESCENT VALLEY, NV; ID: U74)
Amtrak station near Spring Creek:
- 13 miles: ELKO (12TH & SHARP STS.). Services: fully wheelchair accessible, public payphones, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for taxi service.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Spring Creek:
- COLLEGE OF SOUTHERN IDAHO (about 145 miles; TWIN FALLS, ID; Full-time enrollment: 3,433)
- BOISE STATE UNIVERSITY (about 192 miles; BOISE, ID; FT enrollment: 12,033)
- WEBER STATE UNIVERSITY (about 254 miles; OGDEN, UT; FT enrollment: 12,112)
- UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX-UTAH CAMPUS (about 254 miles; SALT LAKE CITY, UT; FT enrollment: 2,021)
- SALT LAKE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 255 miles; SALT LAKE CITY, UT; FT enrollment: 11,896)
- UNIVERSITY OF UTAH (about 260 miles; SALT LAKE CITY, UT; FT enrollment: 19,866)
- IDAHO STATE UNIVERSITY (about 262 miles; POCATELLO, ID; FT enrollment: 10,057)
Notable locations in Spring Creek: 6 Bar Ranch (A), Bottari Ranch (B).
Reservoirs: Lamoille Highway Reservoir (A), Spring Creek Reservoir (B).
Creeks: Peterson Creek (A), Owl Creek (B), Little Rabbit Creek (C), Brennen Creek (D), Butterfield Creek (E), Chimney Creek (F), Ogilvie Creek (G), Dry Creek (H), Spring Creek (I).
Spring Creek compared to Nevada state average:
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
- Population density significantly below state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Spring Creek:
- KTSN (1340 AM; 1 kW; ELKO, NV; Owner: HUMBOLDT BROADCASTING, LLC)
- KELK (1240 AM; 1 kW; ELKO, NV; Owner: ELKO BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KBOI (670 AM; 50 kW; BOISE, ID; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KALL (700 AM; 50 kW; NORTH SALT LAKE CITY, UT; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KIQN (1010 AM; 50 kW; TOOELE, UT)
- KSL (1160 AM; 50 kW; SALT LAKE CITY, UT; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
- KKOH (780 AM; 50 kW; RENO, NV; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KXNT (840 AM; 50 kW; NORTH LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- KDWN (720 AM; 50 kW; LAS VEGAS, NV; Owner: RADIO NEVADA CORP.)
- KWEI (1260 AM; 50 kW; WEISER, ID; Owner: TREASURE VALLEY BROADCASTING CO.)
- KMJ (580 AM; 50 kW; FRESNO, CA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- KBSU (730 AM; 15 kW; BOISE, ID; Owner: IDAHO STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION)
- KCBC (770 AM; 50 kW; RIVERBANK, CA; Owner: KIERTRON, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Spring Creek:
- KNCC (91.5 FM; ELKO, NV; Owner: NORTHERN NEVADA COMMUNITY COLLEGE)
- KLKO (93.7 FM; ELKO, NV; Owner: ELKO BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- K201DE (88.1 FM; ELKO, NV; Owner: WESTERN INSPIRATIONAL BROADCASTERS)
- KHIX (96.7 FM; CARLIN, NV; Owner: RUBY RADIO CORPORATION)
- KRJC (95.3 FM; ELKO, NV; Owner: HOLIDAY BROADCASTING OF ELKO)
TV broadcast stations around Spring Creek:
- K05JU (Channel 5; ELKO, NV; Owner: ELKO TELEVISION DISTRICT)
- K06MK (Channel 6; ELKO, NV; Owner: ELKO TELEVISION DISTRICT)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.