Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 40,687. Estimated population in July 2005: 42,336 (+4.1% change)
Males: 20,149 (49.5%), Females: 20,538 (50.5%)
Zip codes: .
Median resident age: 37.0 years
Median household income: $42,447 (year 2000)
Median house value: $112,300 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Concord:
- White Non-Hispanic (94.6%)
- Hispanic (1.5%)
- Two or more races (1.3%)
- Black (1.0%)
- American Indian (0.8%)
Ancestries: English (19.6%), Irish (18.4%), French (14.2%), French Canadian (10.2%), German (8.1%), Italian (7.5%).
New! New Hampshire forum
Elevation: 288 feet
Land area: 64.3 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Concord
- High school or higher: 88.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 30.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 12.5%
- Unemployed: 3.7%
- Mean travel time to work: 20.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Concord city
- Never married: 27.9%
- Now married: 50.1%
- Separated: 1.6%
- Widowed: 7.8%
- Divorced: 12.7%
4.3% Foreign born (1.4% Europe, 1.3% Asia, 1.0% North America).
Population change in the 1990s: +3,693 (+10.0%).
Real Estate - featured real estate listings, condos, land, and homes for sale />
Ma Real Estate - View Hundreds of MA Homes Search the Concord MA mls />
21 Energy Shield - all NH and VT listings Buy, Sell in VT and NH with C21 />
Lakes Region Realtor - any NH Real Estate Listings Free Help & Info to find your home />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: NH Manchester, (17.5 miles pop. 107,006).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: MA Boston, (69.7 miles pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (238.3 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: NH (7.2 miles Loudon, NH (8.1 miles Pembroke, NH (8.2 miles Canterbury, NH (8.2 miles Boscawen, NH (8.9 miles Hopkinton, NH (9.0 miles Suncook, NH (10.4 miles Chichester, NH (10.8 miles Hooksett,
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 41 buildings, average cost: $104,100
- 1997: 42 buildings, average cost: $104,000
- 1998: 67 buildings, average cost: $108,000
- 1999: 85 buildings, average cost: $111,900
- 2000: 103 buildings, average cost: $123,100
- 2001: 126 buildings, average cost: $145,800
- 2002: 188 buildings, average cost: $128,900
- 2003: 125 buildings, average cost: $171,800
- 2004: 184 buildings, average cost: $209,300
- 2005: 126 buildings, average cost: $165,800
Latitude: 43.22 N, Longitude: 71.55 W
Area code: 603
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (24.2%), Retail trade (13.5%), Manufacturing (10.1%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +15,842 (+38.9%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 12,722 (63.5%)
Crime in Concord (2004):
- 1 murder (2.4 per 100,000)
- 19 rapes (45.0 per 100,000)
- 11 robberies (26.1 per 100,000)
- 43 assaults (101.9 per 100,000)
- 196 burglaries (464.4 per 100,000)
- 696 thefts (1649.0 per 100,000)
- 44 auto thefts (104.2 per 100,000) crime index = 161.2 (higher means more crime, US average = 315.1)
Average climate in Concord, New Hampshire
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Concord-area historical tornado activity is slightly above New Hampshire state average. It is 35% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/2/1961, a category 2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 13.3 miles away from the Concord city center caused between $500 and $5000 in damages.
On 6/9/1963, a category 2 tornado 15.6 miles away from the city center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Birthplace of: Matt Bonner - NBA player (Toronto Raptors, born: Apr 5, 1980), Luke Bonner - College basketball player (Massachusetts Minutemen), Philip Babcock Gove - (1902-1972), lexicographer, editor of Webster's Third New International Dictionary.
Main business address for: AAVID THERMAL TECHNOLOGIES INC (ELECTRONIC COMPONENTS, NEC), HAMPSHIRE FUNDING INC (PATENT OWNERS & LESSORS), ROCK OF AGES CORP (CUT STONE & STONE PRODUCTS).
Hospitals/medical centers in Concord:
- CONCORD HOSPITAL (250 PLEASANT ST)
- HEALTHSOUTH REHABILITATION HOSPITAL (254 PLEASANT ST)
- NEW HAMPSHIRE HOSP-PSYCH UNIT (36 CLINTON STREET)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Concord:
- MANCHESTER (about 22 miles; MANCHESTER, NH; ID: MHT)
- PEASE INTERNATIONAL TRADEPORT (about 52 miles; PORTSMOUTH, NH; ID: PSM)
- LAURENCE G HANSCOM FLD (about 55 miles; BEDFORD, MA; ID: BED)
Other public-use airports nearest to Concord:
- CONCORD MUNI (about 4 miles; CONCORD, NH; ID: CON)
- HAWTHORNE-FEATHER AIRPARK (about 26 miles; HILLSBORO, NH; ID: 8B1)
- LACONIA MUNI (about 26 miles; LACONIA, NH; ID: LCI)
Local government website:
Colleges/Universities in Concord:
- NEW HAMPSHIRE TECHNICAL INSTITUTE (Full-time enrollment: 1,675; Location: 11 INSTITUTE DR; Public; Website: www.nhti.net)
- COLLEGE FOR LIFELONG LEARNING (FT enrollment: 887; Location: 125 N STATE ST; Public; Website: www.cll.edu)
- FRANKLIN PIERCE LAW CENTER (FT enrollment: 455; Location: 2 WHITE ST; Private, not-for-profit; Website: www.fplc.edu; Offers Master's degree)
- SECOND START (FT enrollment: 15; Location: 17 KNIGHT ST; Private, not-for-profit)
- CONCORD ACADEMY OF HAIR DESIGN (FT enrollment: 12; Location: 20 S MAIN ST; Private, for-profit)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Concord:
- NEW HAMPSHIRE COLLEGE (about 14 miles; MANCHESTER, NH; Full-time enrollment: 3,251)
- PLYMOUTH STATE COLLEGE (about 38 miles; PLYMOUTH, NH; FT enrollment: 3,542)
- UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE-MAIN CAMPUS (about 42 miles; DURHAM, NH; FT enrollment: 12,586)
- UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS-LOWELL (about 42 miles; LOWELL, MA; FT enrollment: 8,373)
- NORTHERN ESSEX COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 45 miles; HAVERHILL, MA; FT enrollment: 3,388)
- FITCHBURG STATE COLLEGE (about 48 miles; FITCHBURG, MA; FT enrollment: 3,660)
- MERRIMACK COLLEGE (about 48 miles; NORTH ANDOVER, MA; FT enrollment: 2,384)
Public high school in Concord:
- CONCORD SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 1,839; Location: 170 WARREN ST; Grades: 09 - 12)
Private high schools in Concord:
- ST PAULS SCHOOL (Students: 513; Location: 325 PLEASANT STREET; Grades: 9 - 12)
- BISHOP BRADY HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 460; Location: 25 COLUMBUS AVE; Grades: 9 - 12)
- CONCORD CHRISTIAN SCH (Students: 329; Location: 20 NORTH STATE STREET; Grades: KG - 12)
- TRINITY CHRISTIAN SCHOOL (Students: 213; Location: 80 CLINTON ST; Grades: KG - 12)
- SECOND START (Students: 175; Location: 17 KNIGHT ST; Grades: PK - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Concord:
- RUNDLETT MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 1,288; Location: 144 SOUTH ST; Grades: 06 - 08)
- BEAVER MEADOW (Students: 468; Location: 40 SEWALLS FALL RD; Grades: KG - 05)
- BROKEN GROUND SCHOOL (Students: 391; Location: 123 PORTSMOUTH ST; Grades: 03 - 05)
- CONANT ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 373; Location: 152 SOUTH ST; Grades: PK - 05)
- DAME SCHOOL (Students: 310; Location: 14 CANTERBURY RD; Grades: PK - 02)
- KIMBALL SCHOOL (Students: 211; Location: 17 N SPRING ST; Grades: 01 - 05)
- WALKER SCHOOL (Students: 201; Location: 4 CHURCH ST; Grades: KG - 05)
- RUMFORD SCHOOL (Students: 165; Location: 40 THORNDIKE ST; Grades: PK - 05)
- EASTMAN SCHOOL (Students: 152; Location: 15 SHAWMUT ST; Grades: PK - 02)
- DEWEY SCHOOL (Students: 75; Location: 38 LIBERTY ST; Grades: KG - 01)
Private primary/middle schools in Concord:
- SHAKER ROAD SCHOOL (Students: 245; Location: 131 SHAKER ROAD; Grades: PK - 6)
- STEP AHEAD INCORPORATED (Students: 117; Location: 79 CLINTON STREET; Grades: PK - KG)
- WOODSIDE SCHOOL THE (Students: 56; Location: 114 SOUTH FRUIT STREET; Grades: PK - KG)
- EASY TO BE ME (Students: 39; Location: 4 GULLY HILL ROAD; Grades: PK - KG)
- THE EARLY ENRICHMENT CENTER (Students: 29; Location: 16 CHENELL DRIVE; Grades: PK - KG)
- CHERISHED MOMENT (Students: 27; Location: 218 BOG ROAD; Grades: PK - KG)
- MONTESSORI CHILDRENS CENTER (Students: 19; Location: 131 HOIT RD; Grades: PK - KG)
Library in Concord:
- CONCORD PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $1,416,650; Location: 45 GREEN STREET; 128,680 books; 6,068 audio materials; 3,684 video materials; 360 serial subscriptions)
Notable locations in Concord: Mast Yard (A), New Hampshire State Office Park (B), Elgin Kirby Ski Area (C), Beaver Meadow Golf Course (D), YMCA Camp (E), New Hampshire Office of Vocation and Travel (F), New Hampshire Public Utilities Commission (G), New Hampshire Public Utilities Commission Library (H), New Hampshire Records and Archives Library (I), New Hampshire State House and Visitor Center (J), New Hampshire State Library (K), New Hampshire State Library Services to the Handicapped (L), New Hampshire State Office Park East (M), New Hampshire State Prison (N), New Hampshire State Prison Library (O), New Hampshire State Supreme Court (P), Dorothy M Breene Memorial Library (Q), Saint Johns CCD Center (R), New Hampshire Law Library (S), New Hampshire Historical Society Library (T).
Shopping Centers: Steeplegate Mall Shopping Center (1), Arena Shopping Center (2), Eddy Plaza Shopping Center (3).
Churches in Concord include: White Memorial Universalist Church (A), West Congregational Church (B), Wesley Church (C), Saint Marys Episcopal Church (D), United Methodist Church (E), United Church of Penacook (F), United Baptist Church (G), Trinity Baptist Church (H).
Cemeteries: Maple Grove Cemetery (1), Saint Pauls School Cemetery (2), New Hampshire State Hospital Cemetery (3), Old North Cemetery (4), Pine Grove Cemetery (5), Old Fort Cemetery (6), Blossom Hill Cemetery (7).
Lakes, reservoirs, and swamps: Turkey Pond (A), Snow Pond (B), Horseshoe Pond (C), Little Pond (D), Fort Eddy (E), Little Turkey Pond (F), Turtle Pond (G), Hoit Road Marsh (H).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Mill Brook (A), Hoyl Brook (B), Hayward Brook (C), Hackett Brook (D), Dolf Brook (E), Contoocook River (F), Soucook River (G), Cemetery Brook (H), Burnham Brook (I).
Parks in Concord include: Sanel Park (1), Heights Playground (2), New Hampshire Hospital Grounds (3), Garrison Park (4), West Street Playground (5), White Park (6), Rollins Park (7), Holt Road Marsh State Wildlife Manangement Area (8), Rolfe Park (9).
Post office: (A).
Concord compared to New Hampshire state average:
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage below state average.
- House age above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage significantly above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Concord:
- WKXL (1450 AM; 1 kW; CONCORD, NH; Owner: EMBRO COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- WGIR (610 AM; 5 kW; MANCHESTER, NH; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WKBR (1250 AM; 5 kW; MANCHESTER, NH; Owner: DEVON BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WKOX (1200 AM; 50 kW; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WEZS (1350 AM; 5 kW; LACONIA, NH; Owner: GARY W. HAMMOND)
- WBIX (1060 AM; 40 kW; NATICK, MA; Owner: LANGER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WWZN (1510 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ROSE CITY RADIO CORPORATION)
- WDER (1320 AM; 10 kW; DERRY, NH; Owner: BLOUNT COMMUNICATIONS, INC. OF NH)
- WBZ (1030 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WFEA (1370 AM; 5 kW; MANCHESTER, NH; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF NEW ENGLAND, LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Concord:
- WEVO (89.1 FM; CONCORD, NH; Owner: NEW HAMPSHIRE PUBLIC RADIO)
- WOTX-FM (102.3 FM; CONCORD, NH; Owner: CAPITOL B/CING. INCORPORATION, INC.)
- WJYY (105.5 FM; CONCORD, NH; Owner: CONCORD BROADCASTING, L.L.C.)
- W282AF (104.3 FM; CONCORD, NH; Owner: CONCORD BIBLE FELLOWSHIP)
- WNHI (93.3 FM; BELMONT, NH; Owner: CONCORD BROADCASTING, L.L.C.)
- WGIR-FM (101.1 FM; MANCHESTER, NH; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WQLL (96.5 FM; BEDFORD, NH; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF NEW ENGLAND, LLC)
- WLMW (90.7 FM; MANCHESTER, NH; Owner: KNOWLEDGE FOR LIFE)
- WZID (95.7 FM; MANCHESTER, NH; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF NEW ENGLAND, LLC)
- WVNH (91.1 FM; CONCORD, NH; Owner: NEW HAMPSHIRE GOSPEL RADIO, INC.)
- WSCY (106.9 FM; MOULTONBOROUGH, NH; Owner: NORTHEAST COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- WLKZ (104.9 FM; WOLFEBORO, NH; Owner: TELE-MEDIA COMPANY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE, L.L.C.)
- WNNH (99.1 FM; HENNIKER, NH; Owner: TELE-MEDIA COMPANY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE, L.L.C.)
- WFEX (92.1 FM; PETERBOROUGH, NH; Owner: FNX BROADCASTING OF NEW HAMPSHIRE LLC)
- WPKQ (103.7 FM; NORTH CONWAY, NH; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WHOM (94.9 FM; MT. WASHINGTON, NH; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WHDQ (106.1 FM; CLAREMONT, NH; Owner: GREAT NORTHERN RADIO, L.L.C.)
- WVFM (105.7 FM; CAMPTON, NH; Owner: DEVON BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WFTN-FM (94.1 FM; FRANKLIN, NH; Owner: NORTHEAST COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- WPNH-FM (100.1 FM; PLYMOUTH, NH; Owner: NORTHEAST COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
TV broadcast stations around Concord:
- W39AR (Channel 39; CONCORD, NH; Owner: CENTER B/CING. CORPORATION OF NEW HAMPSHIRE)
- WENH-TV (Channel 11; DURHAM, NH; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE)
- WMEA-TV (Channel 26; BIDDEFORD, ME; Owner: MAINE PUBLIC BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WPXG (Channel 21; CONCORD, NH; Owner: PAXSON BOSTON-68 LICENSE, INC.)
- WMUR-TV (Channel 9; MANCHESTER, NH; Owner: HEARST-ARGYLE PROPERTIES, INC.)
- WNEU (Channel 60; MERRIMACK, NH; Owner: NBC SUBSIDIARY (NH), INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.