Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 14,058. Estimated population in July 2005: 14,704 (+4.6% change)
Males: 6,654 (47.3%), Females: 7,404 (52.7%)
Median resident age: 40.0 years
Median household income: $49,618 (year 2000)
Median house value: $170,000 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Exeter:
- White Non-Hispanic (96.6%)
- Two or more races (1.0%)
- Hispanic (0.9%)
Ancestries: English (24.0%), Irish (19.5%), French (12.5%), German (10.0%), Italian (9.0%), French Canadian (8.3%).New Hampshire
Elevation: 45 feet
Land area: 4.4 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Exeter
- High school or higher: 88.9%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 38.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 17.9%
- Unemployed: 1.8%
- Mean travel time to work: 23.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Exeter town
- Never married: 21.9%
- Now married: 57.2%
- Separated: 1.1%
- Widowed: 8.6%
- Divorced: 11.2%
4.2% Foreign born (1.8% Europe, 1.1% North America, 1.0% Asia).
NH & ME Homes. - Service & Local Expertise for buyers & sellers of Real Estate />
NH Real Estate - Help From A Local Expert, Scout Neighborhoods, Mortgages & More />
Region Real Estate - Real Estate Site Native Real Estate Agent. />
Vernon, NH MLS - Mont Vernon Homes for Sale. See Updated Lists of Home & Condos. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: MA Haverhill, (16.5 miles pop. 58,969).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: MA Boston, (46.3 miles pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (257.3 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: NH (0.0 miles Exeter, NH (3.5 miles Kensington, NH (4.2 miles Stratham, NH (4.2 miles Newfields, Kingston, NH (5.7 miles East Hampton, NH (6.7 miles South NH Newmarket, (7.0 miles .
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 36 buildings, average cost: $103,400
- 1997: 50 buildings, average cost: $110,400
- 1998: 61 buildings, average cost: $117,900
- 1999: 86 buildings, average cost: $115,900
- 2000: 36 buildings, average cost: $166,400
- 2001: 27 buildings, average cost: $188,600
- 2002: 65 buildings, average cost: $203,700
- 2003: 42 buildings, average cost: $203,400
- 2004: 34 buildings, average cost: $162,800
- 2005: 38 buildings, average cost: $208,400
Latitude: 42.98 N, Longitude: 70.95 W
Area code: 603
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (27.9%), Manufacturing (14.4%), Retail trade (13.0%).
Crime in Exeter by Year
|Type ||2000 ||2001 ||2002 ||2003 ||2004 |
|Murders ||0 ||0 ||0 ||0 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 |
|Rapes ||1 ||0 ||2 ||5 ||1 |
| per 100,000 ||7.1 ||0.0 ||14.2 ||35.6 ||7.1 |
|Robberies ||1 ||1 ||3 ||2 ||5 |
| per 100,000 ||7.1 ||7.1 ||21.3 ||14.2 ||35.6 |
|Assaults ||5 ||5 ||5 ||7 ||4 |
| per 100,000 ||35.6 ||35.6 ||35.6 ||49.8 ||28.5 |
|Burglaries ||22 ||26 ||21 ||20 ||36 |
| per 100,000 ||156.5 ||184.9 ||149.4 ||142.3 ||256.1 |
|Thefts ||163 ||165 ||153 ||180 ||149 |
| per 100,000 ||1159.5 ||1173.7 ||1088.3 ||1280.4 ||1059.9 |
|Auto thefts ||8 ||8 ||8 ||12 ||5 |
| per 100,000 ||56.9 ||56.9 ||56.9 ||85.4 ||35.6 |
| ||74.0 ||73.7 ||77.7 ||96.5 ||82.4 |
Average climate in Exeter, New Hampshire
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Exeter-area historical tornado activity is near New Hampshire state average. It is 43% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/9/1953, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 1.3 miles away from the Exeter city center injured 5 people and caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
On 9/29/1974, a category 3 tornado 30.0 miles away from the city center injured one person and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Birthplace of: John Irving - (born 1942), A Prayer for Owen Meany and The Cider House Rules, Chad Eaton - 2005 NFL player (Dallas Cowboys, born: Apr 6, 1972), Chris Carpenter - 2005 Major League Baseball player (St. Louis Cardinals, born: Apr 27, 1975).
Main business address for: BENTLEY PHARMACEUTICALS INC (PHARMACEUTICAL PREPARATIONS).
Hospital/medical center in Exeter:
- EXETER HOSPITAL INC (10 BUZELL AVENUE)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Exeter:
- ANNA JAQUES HOSPITAL (about 14 miles; NEWBURYPORT, MA)
- PORTSMOUTH REGIONAL HOSPITAL (about 14 miles; PORTSMOUTH, NH)
- WENTWORTH-DOUGLASS HOSPITAL (about 16 miles; DOVER, NH)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Exeter:
- PEASE INTERNATIONAL TRADEPORT (about 12 miles; PORTSMOUTH, NH; ID: PSM)
- MANCHESTER (about 34 miles; MANCHESTER, NH; ID: MHT)
- LAURENCE G HANSCOM FLD (about 42 miles; BEDFORD, MA; ID: BED)
Other public-use airports nearest to Exeter:
- HAMPTON AIRFIELD (about 10 miles; HAMPTON, NH; ID: 7B3)
- PLUM ISLAND (about 16 miles; NEWBURYPORT, MA; ID: 2B2)
- LITTLEBROOK AIR PARK (about 17 miles; ELIOT, ME; ID: 3B4)
EXETER (60 LINCOLN ST.). Services: ticket office.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Exeter:
- UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE-MAIN CAMPUS (about 11 miles; DURHAM, NH; Full-time enrollment: 12,586)
- NORTHERN ESSEX COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 16 miles; HAVERHILL, MA; FT enrollment: 3,388)
- MERRIMACK COLLEGE (about 23 miles; NORTH ANDOVER, MA; FT enrollment: 2,384)
- NORTH SHORE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 28 miles; DANVERS, MA; FT enrollment: 3,663)
- SALEM STATE COLLEGE (about 32 miles; SALEM, MA; FT enrollment: 5,917)
- NEW HAMPSHIRE COLLEGE (about 35 miles; MANCHESTER, NH; FT enrollment: 3,251)
- UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS-LOWELL (about 35 miles; LOWELL, MA; FT enrollment: 8,373)
Public high school in Exeter:
- EXETER HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 1,571; Location: 30 LINDEN ST; Grades: 09 - 12)
Private high school in Exeter:
- PHILLIPS EXETER ACADEMY (Students: 1,037; Location: 20 MAIN STREET; Grades: 9 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Exeter:
- LINCOLN STREET ELEMENTARY SCH (Students: 504; Location: 25 LINCOLN ST; Grades: 03 - 05)
- MAIN STREET SCHOOL (Students: 498; Location: 40 MAIN ST; Grades: KG - 02)
- KENSINGTON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 197; Location: 122 AMESBURY RD; Grades: KG - 05)
- MAIN STREET SCH-PRE SCH PRG (Students: 20; Location: 13 SCHOOL ST; Grades: PK - PK)
Private primary/middle schools in Exeter:
- EXETER DAY SCHOOL (Students: 156; Location: 11 MARLBORO STREET; Grades: PK - KG)
- BUILDING BLOCK SCHOOL (Students: 106; Location: 125 KINGSTON ROAD; Grades: PK - KG)
- MONTESSORI SCHOOL OF EXETER (Students: 64; Location: 2 NEWFIELDS RD; Grades: PK - 3)
Library in Exeter:
- EXETER PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $559,423; Location: ONE FOUNDER'S PARK; 75,219 books; 2,121 audio materials; 752 video materials; 177 serial subscriptions)
Notable locations in Exeter: Exeter Country Club (A), American Independence Museum (B), American Independence Museum Library (C), Exeter Town Hall (D), Exeter Area Chamber of Commerce (E), Gilman Garrison House (F), Giddinges Tavern (G).
Churches in Exeter include: Calvary Baptist Church (A), Christ Episcopal Church (B), First Congregational Church (C), First Baptist Church of Exeter (D), Faith Lutheran Church (E), Exeter Presbyterian Church (F).
Cemetery: Winter Street Cemetery (1).
Reservoirs: Exeter River Reservoir (A), Exeter Reservoir (B).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Little River (A), Norris Brook (B), Parkman Brook (C), Exeter River (D), Dearborn Brook (E).
Parks in Exeter include: Front Street Historic District (1), Gilman Park (2), Phillips Exeter Academy Stadium (3), Exeter Waterfront Commercial Historic District (4).
Exeter compared to New Hampshire state average:
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage below state average.
- House age above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Exeter:
- WGIP (1540 AM; 5 kW; EXETER, NH; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WGIN (930 AM; 10 kW; ROCHESTER, NH; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WBZ (1030 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WWZN (1510 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ROSE CITY RADIO CORPORATION)
- WTSN (1270 AM; 5 kW; DOVER, NH; Owner: GARRISON CITY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WDER (1320 AM; 10 kW; DERRY, NH; Owner: BLOUNT COMMUNICATIONS, INC. OF NH)
- WKOX (1200 AM; 50 kW; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WBIX (1060 AM; 40 kW; NATICK, MA; Owner: LANGER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WRCA (1330 AM; 25 kW; WALTHAM, MA; Owner: WRCA LICENSE, LLC)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WAMG (890 AM; 25 kW; DEDHAM, MA; Owner: MEGA COMMUNICATIONS OF DEDHAM LICENSEE, LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Exeter:
- WPEA (90.5 FM; EXETER, NH; Owner: TRUSTEES OF THE PHILLIPS EXETER ACADEMY)
- WERZ (107.1 FM; EXETER, NH; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WSAK (102.1 FM; HAMPTON, NH; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WNEF (91.7 FM; NEWBURYPORT, MA; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS)
- WXRV (92.5 FM; HAVERHILL, MA; Owner: BEANPOT BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WHEB (100.3 FM; PORTSMOUTH, NH; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WOKQ (97.5 FM; DOVER, NH; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WUBB (95.3 FM; YORK CENTER, ME; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WUNH (91.3 FM; DURHAM, NH; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE)
- WSCY (106.9 FM; MOULTONBOROUGH, NH; Owner: NORTHEAST COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- WSHK (105.3 FM; KITTERY, ME; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WXKS-FM (107.9 FM; MEDFORD, MA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WKLB-FM (99.5 FM; LOWELL, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WMJX (106.7 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WMEX (106.5 FM; FARMINGTON, NH; Owner: WIMMEX, LLC)
- WQSX (93.7 FM; LAWRENCE, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WGIR-FM (101.1 FM; MANCHESTER, NH; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WBYY (98.7 FM; SOMERSWORTH, NH; Owner: GARRISON CITY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- W227AM (93.3 FM; ANDOVER, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WQLL (96.5 FM; BEDFORD, NH; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF NEW ENGLAND, LLC)
TV broadcast stations around Exeter:
- WHDN-LP (Channel 26; BOSTON, MA; Owner: GUENTER MARKSTEINER)
- WMEA-TV (Channel 26; BIDDEFORD, ME; Owner: MAINE PUBLIC BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WFXZ-CA (Channel 24; BOSTON, MA; Owner: BOSTON BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WCVB-TV (Channel 5; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WCVB HEARST-ARGYLE TV, INC.)
- WENH-TV (Channel 11; DURHAM, NH; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE)
- WMFP (Channel 62; LAWRENCE, MA; Owner: WSAH LICENSE, INC.)
- WSBK-TV (Channel 38; BOSTON, MA; Owner: VIACOM INC.)
- WLVI-TV (Channel 56; CAMBRIDGE, MA; Owner: WLVI, INC.)
- WBZ-TV (Channel 4; BOSTON, MA; Owner: VIACOM INC.)
- WGBX-TV (Channel 44; BOSTON, MA; Owner: WGBH EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION)
- WBPX (Channel 68; BOSTON, MA; Owner: PAXSON BOSTON-68 LICENSE, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.