Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 14,937. Estimated population in July 2005: 15,450 (+3.4% change)
Males: 7,256 (48.6%), Females: 7,681 (51.4%)
Zip codes: .
Median resident age: 41.1 years
Median household income: $54,419 (year 2000)
Median house value: $190,400 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Hampton:
- White Non-Hispanic (97.0%)
- Hispanic (0.9%)
- Two or more races (0.7%)
Ancestries: Irish (27.8%), English (20.5%), Italian (11.5%), French (11.4%), German (8.9%), French Canadian (8.4%).
New! New Hampshire forum
Elevation: 56 feet
Land area: 5.4 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Hampton
- High school or higher: 90.9%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 36.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 11.9%
- Unemployed: 3.7%
- Mean travel time to work: 28.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Hampton town
- Never married: 22.1%
- Now married: 56.0%
- Separated: 1.2%
- Widowed: 6.1%
- Divorced: 14.7%
4.6% Foreign born (1.9% Europe, 0.7% Asia, 0.7% North America, 0.6% Latin America, 0.6% Africa).
Great Hotels at Yahoo - low rates, unbiased reviews, nearby restaurants, maps and more! />
Conway Hotels - to find great deals? Compare low hotel rates before you book. />
Hampshire Resorts - definitive directory for resorts and lodges in New Hampshire />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: MA Haverhill, (21.2 miles pop. 58,969).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: MA Boston, (46.6 miles pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (262.9 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: NH Hampton, (0.0 miles Hampton, NH (2.1 miles North Falls, NH (3.2 miles Hampton NH Seabrook, (4.6 miles NH (6.1 miles Rye, NH (6.5 miles Greenland, MA Salisbury, (7.1 miles .
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 77 buildings, average cost: $105,000
- 1997: 108 buildings, average cost: $111,300
- 1998: 86 buildings, average cost: $100,300
- 1999: 92 buildings, average cost: $142,400
- 2000: 62 buildings, average cost: $128,800
- 2001: 64 buildings, average cost: $128,800
- 2002: 53 buildings, average cost: $149,300
- 2003: 50 buildings, average cost: $159,200
- 2004: 40 buildings, average cost: $151,800
- 2005: 42 buildings, average cost: $186,300
Latitude: 42.94 N, Longitude: 70.83 W
Area code: 603
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (17.5%), Retail trade (13.3%), Manufacturing (13.0%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (11.8%), Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (10.7%).
Crime in Hampton by Year
|Type ||2000 ||2001 ||2002 ||2003 ||2004 |
|Murders ||1 ||0 ||0 ||0 ||1 |
| per 100,000 ||6.7 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||6.7 |
|Rapes ||18 ||25 ||13 ||13 ||5 |
| per 100,000 ||120.5 ||167.4 ||87.0 ||87.0 ||33.5 |
|Robberies ||3 ||9 ||7 ||8 ||14 |
| per 100,000 ||20.1 ||60.3 ||46.9 ||53.6 ||93.7 |
|Assaults ||17 ||26 ||21 ||13 ||28 |
| per 100,000 ||113.8 ||174.1 ||140.6 ||87.0 ||187.5 |
|Burglaries ||69 ||64 ||78 ||53 ||66 |
| per 100,000 ||461.9 ||428.5 ||522.2 ||354.8 ||441.9 |
|Thefts ||354 ||415 ||363 ||390 ||381 |
| per 100,000 ||2370.0 ||2778.3 ||2430.2 ||2611.0 ||2550.7 |
|Auto thefts ||30 ||40 ||30 ||38 ||38 |
| per 100,000 ||200.8 ||267.8 ||200.8 ||254.4 ||254.4 |
| ||226.9 ||282.4 ||226.8 ||217.9 ||239.0 |
Average climate in Hampton, New Hampshire
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Hampton-area historical tornado activity is near New Hampshire state average. It is 49% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/9/1953, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 10.1 miles away from the Hampton city center injured 5 people and caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
On 9/29/1974, a category 3 tornado 34.1 miles away from the city center injured one person and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Main business address for: GENTEK INC (MOTOR VEHICLE PARTS & ACCESSORIES), FISHER SCIENTIFIC INTERNATIONAL INC (WHOLESALE-PROFESSIONAL & COMMERCIAL EQUIPMENT & SUPPLIES), UNITIL CORP (ELECTRIC & OTHER SERVICES COMBINED).
Hospitals/medical centers near Hampton:
- PORTSMOUTH REGIONAL HOSPITAL (about 10 miles; PORTSMOUTH, NH)
- ANNA JAQUES HOSPITAL (about 10 miles; NEWBURYPORT, MA)
- EXETER HOSPITAL INC (about 11 miles; EXETER, NH)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Hampton:
- PEASE INTERNATIONAL TRADEPORT (about 9 miles; PORTSMOUTH, NH; ID: PSM)
- MANCHESTER (about 43 miles; MANCHESTER, NH; ID: MHT)
- GENERAL EDWARD LAWRENCE LOGAN INTL (about 43 miles; BOSTON, MA; ID: BOS)
Other public-use airports nearest to Hampton:
- HAMPTON AIRFIELD (about 1 miles; HAMPTON, NH; ID: 7B3)
- PLUM ISLAND (about 11 miles; NEWBURYPORT, MA; ID: 2B2)
- LITTLEBROOK AIR PARK (about 14 miles; ELIOT, ME; ID: 3B4)
Amtrak stations near Hampton:
- 10 miles: EXETER (60 LINCOLN ST.). Services: ticket office.
- 16 miles: DURHAM (3 DEPOT RD.). Services: ticket office.
- 18 miles: DOVER (33 CHESTNUT ST.). Services: ticket office, enclosed waiting area.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Hampton:
- UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE-MAIN CAMPUS (about 16 miles; DURHAM, NH; Full-time enrollment: 12,586)
- NORTHERN ESSEX COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 21 miles; HAVERHILL, MA; FT enrollment: 3,388)
- MERRIMACK COLLEGE (about 27 miles; NORTH ANDOVER, MA; FT enrollment: 2,384)
- NORTH SHORE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 27 miles; DANVERS, MA; FT enrollment: 3,663)
- SALEM STATE COLLEGE (about 30 miles; SALEM, MA; FT enrollment: 5,917)
- UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS-LOWELL (about 41 miles; LOWELL, MA; FT enrollment: 8,373)
- TUFTS UNIVERSITY (about 41 miles; MEDFORD, MA; FT enrollment: 8,627)
Public high school in Hampton:
- WINNACUNNET HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 1,201; Location: 1 ALUMNI DR; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Hampton:
- HAMPTON ACADEMY JUNIOR HIGH (Students: 542; Location: 29 ACADEMY AVE; Grades: 06 - 08)
- ADELINE C MARSTON SCHOOL (Students: 466; Location: 3 MARSTON WAY; Grades: 03 - 05)
- HAMPTON CENTRE SCHOOL (Students: 444; Location: 53 WINNACUNNET RD; Grades: PK - 02)
Private primary/middle schools in Hampton:
- SACRED HEART ELEMENTARY SCH (Students: 418; Location: 289 LAFAYETTE ROAD; Grades: PK - 8)
- ODYSSEY HOUSE INC (Students: 57; Location: P O BOX 479 WINNACUNNET ROAD; Grades: UG - UG)
- CECILY LARSON'S MONTESSORI SCH (Students: 50; Location: 52 HIGH STREET; Grades: PK - KG)
Library in Hampton:
- LANE MEMORIAL LIBRARY (Operating income: $641,223; Location: 2 ACADEMY AVENUE; 60,739 books; 5,000 audio materials; 2,400 video materials; 207 serial subscriptions)
Notable locations in Hampton: Tuck Museum Library (A), Tuck Museum (B), Hampton Town Hall (C), Hampton Playhouse (D), Hampton Historical Society Building (E), Hampton Fire Station (F), Hampton Chamber of Commerce (G), Hampton Beach Area Chamber of Commerce (H), Lane Memorial Library (I).
Churches in Hampton include: Trinity Episcopal Church (A), Our Lady of the Miraculous Church (B), Hampton United Methodist Church (C), New Covenant Congregational Church (D), First Congregational Church (E), First Baptist Church (F), Maranatha Assembly of God Church (G), Salvation Army (H).
Cemeteries: Ring Swamp Cemetery (1), Pine Grove Cemetery (2), High Street Cemetery (3).
Lakes: Lamprey Pond (A), Coffin Pond (B), Old Millpond (C), Meadow Pond (D).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Nilus Brook (A).
Hampton compared to New Hampshire state average:
- Median house value above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage below state average.
- House age above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Hampton:
- WGIP (1540 AM; 5 kW; EXETER, NH; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WBZ (1030 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WGIN (930 AM; 10 kW; ROCHESTER, NH; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WWZN (1510 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ROSE CITY RADIO CORPORATION)
- WTSN (1270 AM; 5 kW; DOVER, NH; Owner: GARRISON CITY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WKOX (1200 AM; 50 kW; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WBIX (1060 AM; 40 kW; NATICK, MA; Owner: LANGER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WMYF (1380 AM; 1 kW; PORTSMOUTH, NH; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WNBP (1450 AM; 1 kW; NEWBURYPORT, MA; Owner: RADIO NEWBURYPORT, LLC)
- WRCA (1330 AM; 25 kW; WALTHAM, MA; Owner: WRCA LICENSE, LLC)
- WDER (1320 AM; 10 kW; DERRY, NH; Owner: BLOUNT COMMUNICATIONS, INC. OF NH)
Strongest FM radio stations in Hampton:
- WHEB (100.3 FM; PORTSMOUTH, NH; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WERZ (107.1 FM; EXETER, NH; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WSAK (102.1 FM; HAMPTON, NH; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WNEF (91.7 FM; NEWBURYPORT, MA; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS)
- WUBB (95.3 FM; YORK CENTER, ME; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WXRV (92.5 FM; HAVERHILL, MA; Owner: BEANPOT BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WSHK (105.3 FM; KITTERY, ME; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WOKQ (97.5 FM; DOVER, NH; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WXKS-FM (107.9 FM; MEDFORD, MA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WMJX (106.7 FM; BOSTON, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WQSX (93.7 FM; LAWRENCE, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WKLB-FM (99.5 FM; LOWELL, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WBOQ (104.9 FM; GLOUCESTER, MA; Owner: MARLIN BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WUNH (91.3 FM; DURHAM, NH; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE)
- WPHX-FM (92.1 FM; SANFORD, ME; Owner: FNX BROADCASTING LLC)
- WSEW (88.5 FM; SANFORD, ME; Owner: WORD RADIO EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION)
- WBYY (98.7 FM; SOMERSWORTH, NH; Owner: GARRISON CITY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- W227AM (93.3 FM; ANDOVER, MA; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WQSO (96.7 FM; ROCHESTER, NH; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
TV broadcast stations around Hampton:
- WHDN-LP (Channel 26; BOSTON, MA; Owner: GUENTER MARKSTEINER)
- WMEA-TV (Channel 26; BIDDEFORD, ME; Owner: MAINE PUBLIC BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WFXZ-CA (Channel 24; BOSTON, MA; Owner: BOSTON BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WBPX (Channel 68; BOSTON, MA; Owner: PAXSON BOSTON-68 LICENSE, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.