Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 16,930. Estimated population in July 2005: 16,624 (-1.8% change)
Males: 7,943 (46.9%), Females: 8,987 (53.1%)
Median resident age: 30.6 years
Median household income: $23,081 (year 2000)
Median house value: $92,800 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Asbury Park:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- Black (62.1%)
- White Non-Hispanic (18.6%)
- Hispanic (15.6%)
- Other race (6.5%)
- Two or more races (5.5%)
- American Indian (1.2%)
Ancestries: West Indian (9.6%), Irish (4.9%), Italian (4.4%), German (2.7%), United States (1.8%), Subsaharan African (1.6%).
New! Park, New Jersey forum
Elevation: 21 feet
Land area: 1.4 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Asbury Park
- High school or higher: 67.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 11.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.5%
- Unemployed: 11.6%
- Mean travel time to work: 26.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Asbury Park city
- Never married: 47.1%
- Now married: 29.2%
- Separated: 4.4%
- Widowed: 9.0%
- Divorced: 10.4%
18.7% Foreign born (16.3% Latin America).
Population change in the 1990s: +92 (+0.5%).
realty - service real estate company montville twp morris county n.j. />
Hotel Deals - Deals with Low Rates, Area Attractions, Reviews & Hotel Photos />
Beach Front Lot - Opportunity for Custom Home on Beach Ave. in Historic Cape May />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: River, NJ Toms (19.9 miles pop. 86,327).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: York, NY New (33.9 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: Grove, NJ Ocean (0.7 miles NJ (0.9 miles Interlaken, Arbour, NJ (1.0 miles Loch NJ (1.2 miles Allenhurst, Beach, NJ Bradley (1.4 miles NJ (1.5 miles Wanamassa, City, NJ Neptune (2.0 miles NJ (2.0 miles Deal,
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 0 buildings
- 1997: 0 buildings
- 1998: 0 buildings
- 1999: 0 buildings
- 2000: 0 buildings
- 2001: 0 buildings
- 2002: 0 buildings
- 2003: 2 buildings, average cost: $122,500
- 2004: 6 buildings, average cost: $81,700
- 2005: 30 buildings, average cost: $126,000
Latitude: 40.22 N, Longitude: 74.01 W
Area code: 732
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (25.4%), Retail trade (15.1%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -2,620 (-15.5%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,055 (17.5%)
Crime in Asbury Park by Year
|Type ||1999 ||2000 ||2001 ||2002 ||2003 ||2004 |
|Murders ||3 ||1 ||5 ||3 ||2 ||3 |
| per 100,000 ||17.7 ||5.9 ||29.5 ||17.7 ||11.8 ||17.7 |
|Rapes ||16 ||13 ||14 ||9 ||7 ||5 |
| per 100,000 ||94.5 ||76.8 ||82.7 ||53.2 ||41.3 ||29.5 |
|Robberies ||139 ||161 ||184 ||171 ||182 ||196 |
| per 100,000 ||821.0 ||951.0 ||1086.8 ||1010.0 ||1075.0 ||1157.7 |
|Assaults ||144 ||162 ||195 ||163 ||186 ||155 |
| per 100,000 ||850.6 ||956.9 ||1151.8 ||962.8 ||1098.6 ||915.5 |
|Burglaries ||259 ||266 ||299 ||246 ||261 ||342 |
| per 100,000 ||1529.8 ||1571.2 ||1766.1 ||1453.0 ||1541.6 ||2020.1 |
|Thefts ||509 ||495 ||568 ||525 ||562 ||647 |
| per 100,000 ||3006.5 ||2923.8 ||3355.0 ||3101.0 ||3319.6 ||3821.6 |
|Auto thefts ||113 ||126 ||166 ||142 ||90 ||79 |
| per 100,000 ||667.5 ||744.2 ||980.5 ||838.7 ||531.6 ||466.6 |
| ||752.7 ||799.8 ||955.3 ||827.4 ||853.8 ||891.6 |
Average climate in Asbury Park, New Jersey
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Asbury Park-area historical tornado activity is below New Jersey state average. It is 51% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 10/16/1955, a category 2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 6.8 miles away from the Asbury Park city center .
On 7/21/1983, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 42.4 miles away from the city center caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Asbury Park:
- JERSEY SHORE MEDICAL CENTER (about 3 miles; NEPTUNE, NJ)
- MONMOUTH MEDICAL CENTER (about 6 miles; LONG BRANCH, NJ)
- REHAILITATION HOSPITAL OF TINTON FALLS (about 7 miles; TINTON FALLS, NJ)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Asbury Park:
- LAKEHURST NAES /MAXFIELD FIELD (about 27 miles; LAKEHURST, NJ; ID: NEL)
- PORT AUTH-DWNTN-MANHATTAN/WALL ST (about 33 miles; NEW YORK, NY; ID: JRB)
- JOHN F KENNEDY INTL (about 33 miles; NEW YORK, NY; ID: JFK)
Other public-use airports nearest to Asbury Park:
- MONMOUTH EXECUTIVE (about 8 miles; BELMAR/FARMINGDALE, NJ; ID: BLM)
- LAKEWOOD (about 16 miles; LAKEWOOD, NJ; ID: N12)
- OLD BRIDGE (about 24 miles; OLD BRIDGE, NJ; ID: 3N6)
Local government employment and payroll (March 2002)
|Function ||Full-time employees ||Monthly full-time payroll ||Average yearly full-time wage ||Part-time employees ||Monthly part-time payroll |
|Housing and Community Development(Local) ||47 ||$130,398 ||$33,293 ||19 ||$16,835 |Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Asbury Park:
- MONMOUTH UNIVERSITY (about 5 miles; WEST LONG BRANCH, NJ; Full-time enrollment: 4,613)
- BROOKDALE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 11 miles; LINCROFT, NJ; FT enrollment: 7,533)
- BETH MEDRASH GOVOHA (about 17 miles; LAKEWOOD, NJ; FT enrollment: 2,823)
- OCEAN COUNTY COLLEGE (about 23 miles; TOMS RIVER, NJ; FT enrollment: 4,651)
- CUNY KINGSBOROUGH COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 26 miles; BROOKLYN, NY; FT enrollment: 9,902)
- CUNY COLLEGE OF STATEN ISLAND (about 28 miles; STATEN ISLAND, NY; FT enrollment: 8,135)
- CUNY BROOKLYN COLLEGE (about 29 miles; BROOKLYN, NY; FT enrollment: 10,079)
Public high school in Asbury Park:
- ASBURY PARK HIGH (Students: 617; Location: 1003 SUNSET AVENUE; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Asbury Park:
- MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 710; Location: 1200 BANGS AVENUE; Grades: 06 - 08)
- THURGOOD MARSHALL PRIMARY (Students: 693; Location: 600 MONROE AVENUE; Grades: KG - 05)
- BANGS AVE (Students: 514; Location: 1400 BANGS AVENUE; Grades: KG - 05)
- BRADLEY ELEMEMTARY (Students: 418; Location: 1100 THIRD AVENUE; Grades: KG - 05)
- HOPE ACADEMY CS (Students: 134; Location: 700 GRAND AVENUE; Grades: KG - 07)
- CENTER SCHOOL (Students: 14; Location: 209-11 BANGS AVENUE; Grades: UG - UG)
Private primary/middle schools in Asbury Park:
- OUR LADY OF MT CARMEL (Students: 230; Location: FIRST AVE PINE STREET; Grades: PK - 8)
- ISLAMIC DAY SCHOOL (Students: 37; Location: 209 BOND STREET; Grades: PK - 9)
Library in Asbury Park:
- ASBURY PARK FREE PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $430,616; Location: 500 FIRST AVENUE; 114,260 books; 91 audio materials; 125 video materials; 406 serial subscriptions)
Notable locations in Asbury Park: North Asbury Park (A), Asbury Park Free Public Library (B).
Lakes and reservoirs: Deal Lake (A), Wesley Lake (B), Deal Lake (C), Sunset Lake (D).
Post office: (A).
Asbury Park compared to New Jersey state average:
- Unemployed percentage above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Renting percentage above state average.
- Number of rooms per house below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
- Population density above state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Asbury Park:
- WADB (1310 AM; 3 kW; ASBURY PARK, NJ; Owner: MILLENNIUM SHORE LICENSE HOLDCO, LLC)
- WMCA (570 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF NEW YORK, LLC)
- WOR (710 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BUCKLEY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WFAN (660 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WABC (770 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WABC-AM RADIO, INC.)
- WINS (1010 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WOBM (1160 AM; 9 kW; LAKEWOOD TOWNSHIP, NJ; Owner: NORTH SHORE BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WEPN (1050 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK AM RADIO, LLC)
- WQEW (1560 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: THE NEW YORK TIMES ELECTRONIC MEDIA COMPANY)
- WBBR (1130 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BLOOMBERG COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WCBS (880 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WADO (1280 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WADO-AM LICENSE CORP.)
- WLIB (1190 AM; 30 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ICBC BROADCAST HOLDINGS-NY, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Asbury Park:
- WYGG (88.1 FM; ASBURY PARK, NJ; Owner: MINORITY BUSINESS & HOUSING DEVELOPMENT, INC)
- WRAT (95.9 FM; POINT PLEASANT, NJ; Owner: THE SENTINEL PUBLISHING CO.)
- WHTG-FM (106.3 FM; EATONTOWN, NJ; Owner: PRESS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- WJLK-FM (94.3 FM; ASBURY PARK, NJ; Owner: MILLENNIUM SHORE LICENSE HOLDCO, LLC)
- WMCX (88.9 FM; WEST LONG BRANCH, NJ; Owner: MONMOUTH UNIVERSITY)
- WWZY (107.1 FM; LONG BRANCH, NJ; Owner: PRESS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- WBJB-FM (90.5 FM; LINCROFT, NJ; Owner: BROOKDALE COMMUNITY COLLEGE)
- WNYC-FM (93.9 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WNYC RADIO)
- WPAT-FM (93.1 FM; PATERSON, NJ; Owner: WPAT LICENSING, INC.)
- WQCD (101.9 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: EMMIS RADIO LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WCAA (105.9 FM; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: WADO-AM LICENSE CORP. ("WADO"))
- WKTU (103.5 FM; LAKE SUCCESS, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, LLC)
- WBAI (99.5 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: PACIFICA FOUNDATION, INC.)
- WBLS (107.5 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ICBC BROADCAST HOLDINGS-NY, INC.)
- WLTW (106.7 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: AMFM NEW YORK LICENSES, LLC)
- WQXR-FM (96.3 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: THE NEW YORK TIMES ELECTRONIC MEDIA COMPANY)
- WSKQ-FM (97.9 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WSKQ LICENSING, INC.)
- WXRK (92.3 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WQHT (97.1 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: EMMIS LICENSE CORPORATION OF NEW YORK)
- WAXQ (104.3 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: AMFM NEW YORK LICENSES, LLC)
TV broadcast stations around Asbury Park:
- WNJB1 (Channel 58; LONG BRANCH, NJ; Owner: NJ PUBLIC BROADCASTING AUTHORITY)
- WCBS-TV (Channel 2; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: CBS BROADCASTING INC.)
- WNYW (Channel 5; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WABC-TV (Channel 7; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: AMERICAN BROADCASTING COMPANIES, INC)
- WPIX (Channel 11; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WPIX, INC.)
- WWOR-TV (Channel 9; SECAUCUS, NJ; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WPXN-TV (Channel 31; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WNBC (Channel 4; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NATIONAL BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WNET (Channel 13; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WXTV (Channel 41; PATERSON, NJ; Owner: WXTV LICENSE PARTNERSHIP, G.P.)
- WNJU (Channel 47; LINDEN, NJ; Owner: WNJU LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WFUT (Channel 68; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: UNIVISION NEW YORK LLC)
- WXNY-LP (Channel 32; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ISLAND BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WNYE-TV (Channel 25; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK CITY BOARD OF EDUCATION)
- WKOB-LP (Channel 53; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WKOB COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WEBR-CA (Channel 17; MANHATTAN, NY; Owner: K LICENSEE INC.)
- WRNN-LP (Channel 57; NYACK, NY; Owner: LP NYACK LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WPXO-LP (Channel 34; EAST ORANGE, NJ; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LPTV, INC.)
- W60AI (Channel 60; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: VENTANA TELEVISION, INC.)
- W33BS (Channel 33; DARIEN, CT; Owner: CT&T BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WNYN-LP (Channel 39; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ISLAND BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WNYX-LP (Channel 35; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ISLAND BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WNXY-LP (Channel 26; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ISLAND BROADCASTING COMPANY)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.