Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 7,610. Estimated population in July 2005: 7,654 (+0.6% change)
Males: 3,763 (49.4%), Females: 3,847 (50.6%)
Median resident age: 37.9 years
Median household income: $67,885 (year 2000)
Median house value: $177,000 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Bloomingdale:
- White Non-Hispanic (92.1%)
- Hispanic (4.4%)
- Two or more races (1.1%)
- Filipino (0.8%)
- Other race (0.7%)
- Asian Indian (0.6%)
Ancestries: Italian (27.3%), Irish (26.7%), German (19.8%), Polish (11.5%), English (8.0%), Dutch (5.5%).
New! New Jersey forum
Land area: 8.8 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Bloomingdale
- High school or higher: 87.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 25.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 7.7%
- Unemployed: 3.1%
- Mean travel time to work: 28.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Bloomingdale borough
- Never married: 22.7%
- Now married: 61.8%
- Separated: 1.4%
- Widowed: 7.4%
- Divorced: 6.7%
10.1% Foreign born (6.5% Europe, 2.7% Latin America).
Population change in the 1990s: +81 (+1.1%).
Ridge NJ Hotel - in Park Ridge New Jersey. Book online for room rate guarantee />
Divorce Attorney - visitation, support. Aggressive & practical attorneys />
Jersey Real Estate - sell or rent New Jersey real estate. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: NJ Wayne, (7.4 miles pop. 54,069).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: NJ Newark, (21.7 miles pop. 273,546).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (35.5 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: NJ (1.5 miles Butler, NJ (2.2 miles Riverdale, Lakes, NJ (3.2 miles Pompton NJ (3.3 miles Kinnelon, NJ (3.3 miles Wanaque, NJ (6.5 miles Oakland, Park, NJ (6.8 miles Lincoln NJ Ringwood, (7.4 miles
Latitude: 41.01 N, Longitude: 74.33 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 973
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (19.2%), Manufacturing (15.6%), Retail trade (13.7%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -2,758 (-36.2%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 393 (9.0%)
Crime in Bloomingdale by Year
|Type ||2001 ||2002 ||2003 ||2004 |
|Murders ||0 ||0 ||0 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 |
|Rapes ||1 ||0 ||0 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||13.1 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 |
|Robberies ||0 ||0 ||0 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 |
|Assaults ||5 ||5 ||7 ||3 |
| per 100,000 ||65.7 ||65.7 ||92.0 ||39.4 |
|Burglaries ||17 ||11 ||12 ||16 |
| per 100,000 ||223.4 ||144.5 ||157.7 ||210.2 |
|Thefts ||67 ||62 ||43 ||70 |
| per 100,000 ||880.4 ||814.7 ||565.0 ||919.8 |
|Auto thefts ||12 ||6 ||2 ||5 |
| per 100,000 ||157.7 ||78.8 ||26.3 ||65.7 |
| ||81.9 ||62.2 ||54.1 ||64.7 |
Average climate in Bloomingdale, New Jersey
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Bloomingdale-area historical tornado activity is near New Jersey state average. It is 30% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/28/1973, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 18.9 miles away from the Bloomingdale city center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 7/14/1988, a category 3 tornado 23.8 miles away from the city center injured one person and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Bloomingdale:
- CHILTON MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 5 miles; POMPTON PLAINS, NJ)
- WAYNE GENERAL HOSPITAL (about 8 miles; WAYNE, NJ)
- RAMAPO RIDGE PSYCH HOSP (about 12 miles; WYCKOFF, NJ)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Bloomingdale:
- TETERBORO (about 23 miles; TETERBORO, NJ; ID: TEB)
- NEWARK LIBERTY INTL (about 26 miles; NEWARK, NJ; ID: EWR)
- PORT AUTH-DWNTN-MANHATTAN/WALL ST (about 32 miles; NEW YORK, NY; ID: JRB)
Other public-use airports nearest to Bloomingdale:
- LINCOLN PARK (about 6 miles; LINCOLN PARK, NJ; ID: N07)
- GREENWOOD LAKE (about 8 miles; WEST MILFORD, NJ; ID: 4N1)
- ESSEX COUNTY (about 12 miles; CALDWELL, NJ; ID: CDW)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Bloomingdale:
- WILLIAM PATERSON UNIVERSITY OF NEW JERSEY (about 8 miles; WAYNE, NJ; Full-time enrollment: 8,017)
- RAMAPO COLLEGE OF NEW JERSEY (about 13 miles; MAHWAH, NJ; FT enrollment: 4,076)
- PASSAIC COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 13 miles; PATERSON, NJ; FT enrollment: 2,452)
- MONTCLAIR STATE UNIVERSITY (about 15 miles; UPPER MONTCLAIR, NJ; FT enrollment: 10,226)
- ROCKLAND COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 17 miles; SUFFERN, NY; FT enrollment: 4,409)
- DREW UNIVERSITY (about 19 miles; MADISON, NJ; FT enrollment: 2,133)
- BERGEN COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 19 miles; PARAMUS, NJ; FT enrollment: 7,733)
Public primary/middle schools in Bloomingdale:
- WALTER T BERGEN (Students: 322; Location: GLENWILD AVENUE; Grades: 05 - 08)
- MARTHA B. DAY (Students: 189; Location: RAFKIND ROAD; Grades: KG - 04)
- SAMUEL R. DONALD (Students: 186; Location: CAPTOLENE AVENUE; Grades: KG - 04)
Library in Bloomingdale:
- BLOOMINGDALE FREE PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $279,876; Location: 101 HAMBURG TURNPIKE; 25,130 books; 1,065 audio materials; 636 video materials; 57 serial subscriptions)
Notable location: Camp Schutte (A).
Lakes and reservoirs: Twilliger Lake (A), Bogues Pond (B), Lake Iosco (C), Cold Spring Lake (D), Morse Lakes (E), Lower Morse Lake (F), Upper Morse Lake (G), Star Lake (H).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Beaver Brook (A), Irish Brook (B).
Park in Bloomingdale: Friendship Park (1).
Bloomingdale compared to New Jersey state average:
- Median household income above state average.
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Black race population percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Bloomingdale:
- WSNR (620 AM; 20 kW; JERSEY CITY, NJ)
- WVNJ (1160 AM; 20 kW; OAKLAND, NJ; Owner: UNIVERSAL B/CASTING OF NEW YORK,INC.)
- WABC (770 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WABC-AM RADIO, INC.)
- WMCA (570 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF NEW YORK, LLC)
- WOR (710 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BUCKLEY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WINS (1010 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WEPN (1050 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK AM RADIO, LLC)
- WADO (1280 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WADO-AM LICENSE CORP.)
- WBBR (1130 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BLOOMBERG COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WLIB (1190 AM; 30 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ICBC BROADCAST HOLDINGS-NY, INC.)
- WFAN (660 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WGHT (1500 AM; daytime; 1 kW; POMPTON LAKES, NJ)
- WCBS (880 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Bloomingdale:
- WPSC-FM (88.7 FM; WAYNE, NJ; Owner: WILLIAM PATERSON COLLEGE OF N. J.)
- WRKS (98.7 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: EMMIS RADIO LICENSE CORP OF NEW YORK)
- WNEW (102.7 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WMSC (90.3 FM; UPPER MONTCLAIR, NJ; Owner: MONTCLAIR STATE UNIVERSITY)
- WSUS (102.3 FM; FRANKLIN, NJ; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WKCR-FM (89.9 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: TRUSTEES OF COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY IN NEW YORK)
- WPLJ (95.5 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WPLJ-FM RADIO, INC.)
- WKTU (103.5 FM; LAKE SUCCESS, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, LLC)
- WNYC-FM (93.9 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WNYC RADIO)
- WQCD (101.9 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: EMMIS RADIO LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WPAT-FM (93.1 FM; PATERSON, NJ; Owner: WPAT LICENSING, INC.)
- WAXQ (104.3 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: AMFM NEW YORK LICENSES, LLC)
- WHTZ (100.3 FM; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WWPR-FM (105.1 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WNJP (88.5 FM; SUSSEX, NJ; Owner: NEW JERSEY PUBLIC BROADCASTING AUTH.)
- WCAA (105.9 FM; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: WADO-AM LICENSE CORP. ("WADO"))
- WBAI (99.5 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: PACIFICA FOUNDATION, INC.)
- WBLS (107.5 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ICBC BROADCAST HOLDINGS-NY, INC.)
- WLTW (106.7 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: AMFM NEW YORK LICENSES, LLC)
- WQXR-FM (96.3 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: THE NEW YORK TIMES ELECTRONIC MEDIA COMPANY)
TV broadcast stations around Bloomingdale:
- WFME-TV (Channel 66; WEST MILFORD, NJ; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- WPXO-LP (Channel 34; EAST ORANGE, NJ; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LPTV, INC.)
- WNYW (Channel 5; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WCBS-TV (Channel 2; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: CBS BROADCASTING INC.)
- WABC-TV (Channel 7; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: AMERICAN BROADCASTING COMPANIES, INC)
- WPIX (Channel 11; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WPIX, INC.)
- WWOR-TV (Channel 9; SECAUCUS, NJ; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WPXN-TV (Channel 31; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WNJU (Channel 47; LINDEN, NJ; Owner: WNJU LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WNBC (Channel 4; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NATIONAL BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WNET (Channel 13; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WXTV (Channel 41; PATERSON, NJ; Owner: WXTV LICENSE PARTNERSHIP, G.P.)
- WFUT (Channel 68; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: UNIVISION NEW YORK LLC)
- WNYE-TV (Channel 25; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK CITY BOARD OF EDUCATION)
- WMBC-TV (Channel 63; NEWTON, NJ; Owner: MOUNTAIN BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WXNY-LP (Channel 32; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ISLAND BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WKOB-LP (Channel 53; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WKOB COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WEBR-CA (Channel 17; MANHATTAN, NY; Owner: K LICENSEE INC.)
- WRNN-LP (Channel 57; NYACK, NY; Owner: LP NYACK LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- W60AI (Channel 60; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: VENTANA TELEVISION, INC.)
- W68DN (Channel 68; CHERRY HILL, ETC., NJ; Owner: MARCIA COHEN)
- WNXY-LP (Channel 26; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ISLAND BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- W54CZ (Channel 54; MORRISTOWN, NJ; Owner: WLNY-TV, INC.)
- W33BS (Channel 33; DARIEN, CT; Owner: CT&T BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WNYN-LP (Channel 39; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ISLAND BROADCASTING COMPANY)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.