Zip Code, Radio Stations, Crime Rate, Population, Weather Forecast, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 10,155. Estimated population in July 2005: 10,168 (+0.1% change)
Males: 5,251 (51.7%), Females: 4,904 (48.3%)
Median resident age: 34.2 years
Median household income: $46,858 (year 2000)
Median house value: $157,600 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Bound Brook:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (58.7%)
- Hispanic (34.9%)
- Other race (8.7%)
- Two or more races (3.0%)
- Black (2.5%)
- Asian Indian (1.3%)
- Chinese (0.6%)
- American Indian (0.6%)
Ancestries: Italian (18.7%), Irish (11.9%), German (10.0%), Polish (8.3%), English (3.9%), United States (2.6%).Brook, New Jersey
Elevation: 48 feet
Land area: 1.7 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Bound Brook
- High school or higher: 75.9%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 23.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 7.5%
- Unemployed: 4.7%
- Mean travel time to work: 24.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Bound Brook borough
- Never married: 30.6%
- Now married: 51.3%
- Separated: 2.4%
- Widowed: 7.6%
- Divorced: 8.1%
36.0% Foreign born (28.2% Latin America, 4.1% Europe).
Population change in the 1990s: +634 (+6.7%).
Ridge NJ Hotel - in Park Ridge New Jersey. Book online for room rate guarantee />
Manor Sr. Apts. - 2 & 3 Bedroom Sr. Apartments Silver Spring, Maryland />
Jersey Real Estate - sell or rent New Jersey real estate. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: NJ Edison, (11.2 miles pop. 97,687).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: NJ Newark, (27.1 miles pop. 273,546).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (43.8 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: Bound Brook, NJ South (1.0 miles NJ (2.7 miles Middlesex, NJ Manville, (4.1 miles NJ Somerville, (4.5 miles NJ Dunellen, (5.3 miles NJ (5.8 miles Millstone, NJ (6.0 miles Somerset, Hill, NJ (6.1 miles Society
Latitude: 40.57 N, Longitude: 74.54 W
Area codes: 732, 848
Industries providing employment: Manufacturing (18.3%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (14.7%), Educational,health and social services (13.3%), Retail trade (10.6%), Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (10.1%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -2,011 (-19.8%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 677 (12.7%)
Crime in Bound Brook by Year
|Type ||2001 ||2002 ||2003 ||2004 |
|Murders ||0 ||0 ||0 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 |
|Rapes ||3 ||3 ||2 ||2 |
| per 100,000 ||29.5 ||29.5 ||19.7 ||19.7 |
|Robberies ||7 ||13 ||5 ||7 |
| per 100,000 ||68.9 ||128.0 ||49.2 ||68.9 |
|Assaults ||8 ||8 ||2 ||4 |
| per 100,000 ||78.8 ||78.8 ||19.7 ||39.4 |
|Burglaries ||70 ||88 ||64 ||56 |
| per 100,000 ||689.3 ||866.6 ||630.2 ||551.5 |
|Thefts ||173 ||180 ||209 ||151 |
| per 100,000 ||1703.6 ||1772.5 ||2058.1 ||1487.0 |
|Auto thefts ||12 ||9 ||11 ||9 |
| per 100,000 ||118.2 ||88.6 ||108.3 ||88.6 |
| ||174.1 ||204.6 ||161.7 ||141.6 |
Average climate in Bound Brook, New Jersey
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Bound Brook-area historical tornado activity is slightly above New Jersey state average. It is 16% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/28/1973, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 16.5 miles away from the Bound Brook city center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 10/18/1990, a category 3 tornado 16.9 miles away from the city center injured 8 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Bound Brook:
- UNIVERSITY BEHAVIORAL HEALTHCARE (about 6 miles; PISCATAWAY, NJ)
- SOMERSET MEDICAL CENTER (about 7 miles; SOMERVILLE, NJ)
- ST PETERS MEDICAL CENTER (about 8 miles; NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Bound Brook:
- NEWARK LIBERTY INTL (about 28 miles; NEWARK, NJ; ID: EWR)
- TRENTON MERCER (about 28 miles; TRENTON, NJ; ID: TTN)
- PORT AUTH-DWNTN-MANHATTAN/WALL ST (about 39 miles; NEW YORK, NY; ID: JRB)
Other public-use airports nearest to Bound Brook:
- CENTRAL JERSEY REGIONAL (about 5 miles; MANVILLE, NJ; ID: 47N)
- SOMERSET (about 10 miles; SOMERVILLE, NJ; ID: SMQ)
- SOLBERG-HUNTERDON (about 14 miles; READINGTON, NJ; ID: N51)
Amtrak stations near Bound Brook:
- 8 miles: NEW BRUNSWICK (FRENCH & ALBANY STS.). Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, snack bar, ATM, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for car rental service, taxi stand, public transit connection.
- 15 miles: METROPARK (ISELIN, 100 MIDDLESEX-ESSEX TPK.). Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, paid short-term parking, call for car rental service, taxi stand, public transit connection.
- 18 miles: PRINCETON JUNCTION (WALLACE RD.). Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, snack bar, paid short-term parking, paid long-term parking, call for car rental service, taxi stand, public transit connection.
Local government employment and payroll (March 2002)
|Function ||Full-time employees ||Monthly full-time payroll ||Average yearly full-time wage ||Part-time employees ||Monthly part-time payroll |
|Parks and Recreation ||0 ||$0 || ||1 ||$1,058 |
|Other and Unallocable ||0 ||$0 || ||2 ||$1,603 |
|Solid Waste Management ||8 ||$28,220 ||$42,330 ||0 ||$0 |
|Streets and Highways ||7 ||$19,189 ||$32,895 ||2 ||$1,003 |
|Fire - Other ||0 ||$0 || ||1 ||$1,063 |
|Police - Other ||3 ||$11,026 ||$44,104 ||18 ||$18,000 |
|Police Protection - Officers ||21 ||$164,821 ||$94,183 ||0 ||$0 |
|Judicial and Legal ||6 ||$15,383 ||$30,766 ||0 ||$0 |
|Other Government Administration ||8 ||$22,337 ||$33,505 ||2 ||$2,070 |
|Financial Administration ||3 ||$7,955 ||$31,820 ||1 ||$1,047 |
|Totals for Government ||56 ||$268,930 ||$57,627 ||27 ||$25,844 |Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Bound Brook:
- RARITAN VALLEY COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 7 miles; SOMERVILLE, NJ; Full-time enrollment: 3,283)
- RUTGERS UNIVERSITY-NEW BRUNSWICK (about 9 miles; NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ; FT enrollment: 30,649)
- DEVRY INSTITUTE (about 9 miles; NORTH BRUNSWICK, NJ; FT enrollment: 2,897)
- MIDDLESEX COUNTY COLLEGE (about 13 miles; EDISON, NJ; FT enrollment: 6,739)
- DREW UNIVERSITY (about 16 miles; MADISON, NJ; FT enrollment: 2,133)
- PRINCETON UNIVERSITY (about 17 miles; PRINCETON, NJ; FT enrollment: 6,481)
- UNION COUNTY COLLEGE (about 18 miles; CRANFORD, NJ; FT enrollment: 5,856)
Public high school in Bound Brook:
- BOUND BROOK HIGH (Students: 750; Location: WEST UNION AVE.; Grades: 07 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Bound Brook:
- SMALLEY (Students: 464; Location: CHERRY AVE; Grades: 03 - 06)
- LAFAYETTE (Students: 413; Location: 50 WEST HIGH STREET; Grades: PK - 02)
Private primary/middle schools in Bound Brook:
- HOLY FAMILY ACADEMY (Students: 392; Location: 330 WEST SECOND STREET; Grades: PK - 8)
- HOLY FAMILY ACAD-ST JOSEPH CAM (Students: 192; Location: 120 EAST SECOND ST.; Grades: PK - 8)
- WEE PEOPLE PRE-SCHOOL & KGN (Students: 118; Location: 150 WEST UNION AVE; Grades: PK - KG)
Library in Bound Brook:
- BOUND BROOK MEMORIAL LIBRARY (Operating income: $496,077; Location: 402 E. HIGH STREET; 82,165 books; 1,643 audio materials; 2,040 video materials; 166 serial subscriptions)
Notable locations in Bound Brook: Middlebrook Country Club (A), Bound Brook Borough Hall (B), Bound Brook Hose Company Number 1 (C), Bound Brook Memorial Library (D).
Churches in Bound Brook include: Saint Marys Roman Catholic Church (A), Hope Church (B), Saint Paul's Episcopal Church (C), Congregation Knesseth Israel (D), Congregational Church of Bound Brook (E), Bound Brook Presbyterian Church (F), Bound Brook United Methodist Church (G), Saint Johns Lutheran Church (H).
Cemetery: Bound Brook Mountain Avenue Cemetery (1).
Park in Bound Brook: Codrington Park (1).
Bound Brook compared to New Jersey state average:
- Median house value above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Population density above state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Bound Brook:
- WMCA (570 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF NEW YORK, LLC)
- WOR (710 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BUCKLEY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WINS (1010 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WABC (770 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WABC-AM RADIO, INC.)
- WEPN (1050 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK AM RADIO, LLC)
- WSNR (620 AM; 20 kW; JERSEY CITY, NJ)
- WWJZ (640 AM; 50 kW; MOUNT HOLLY, NJ; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WBBR (1130 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BLOOMBERG COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WADO (1280 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WADO-AM LICENSE CORP.)
- WWTR (1170 AM; daytime; 1 kW; BRIDGEWATER, NJ; Owner: THE SENTINEL PUBLISHING CO.)
- WFAN (660 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WLIB (1190 AM; 30 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ICBC BROADCAST HOLDINGS-NY, INC.)
- WHWH (1350 AM; 10 kW; PRINCETON, NJ; Owner: MULTICULTURAL RADIO BROADCASTING, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Bound Brook:
- WAWZ (99.1 FM; ZAREPHATH, NJ; Owner: PILLAR OF FIRE)
- WMGQ (98.3 FM; NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ; Owner: THE SENTINEL PUBLISHING CO.)
- WRKS (98.7 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: EMMIS RADIO LICENSE CORP OF NEW YORK)
- WKXW-FM (101.5 FM; TRENTON, NJ; Owner: MILLENNIUM CENTRAL NEW JERSEY LICENSE HOLDCO, LLC)
- WNJT-FM (88.1 FM; TRENTON, NJ; Owner: NEW JERSEY PUBLIC BRD/CST AUTHORITY)
- WNEW (102.7 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WPRB (103.3 FM; PRINCETON, NJ; Owner: PRINCETON BROADCASTING SERVICE, INC.)
- WNYC-FM (93.9 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WNYC RADIO)
- WPAT-FM (93.1 FM; PATERSON, NJ; Owner: WPAT LICENSING, INC.)
- WDHA-FM (105.5 FM; DOVER, NJ; Owner: THE SENTINEL PUBLISHING CO.)
- WQCD (101.9 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: EMMIS RADIO LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WKTU (103.5 FM; LAKE SUCCESS, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, LLC)
- WCAA (105.9 FM; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: WADO-AM LICENSE CORP. ("WADO"))
- WBAI (99.5 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: PACIFICA FOUNDATION, INC.)
- WBLS (107.5 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ICBC BROADCAST HOLDINGS-NY, INC.)
- WLTW (106.7 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: AMFM NEW YORK LICENSES, LLC)
- WQXR-FM (96.3 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: THE NEW YORK TIMES ELECTRONIC MEDIA COMPANY)
- WSKQ-FM (97.9 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WSKQ LICENSING, INC.)
- WXRK (92.3 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WAXQ (104.3 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: AMFM NEW YORK LICENSES, LLC)
TV broadcast stations around Bound Brook:
- WNJB (Channel 58; NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ; Owner: NEW JERSEY PUBLIC BROADCASTING AUTHORITY)
- W36AS (Channel 36; NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ; Owner: DEEPAK VISWANATH)
- WLBX-LP (Channel 22; CRANFORD, NJ; Owner: RENARD COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- WCBS-TV (Channel 2; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: CBS BROADCASTING INC.)
- WNYW (Channel 5; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WABC-TV (Channel 7; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: AMERICAN BROADCASTING COMPANIES, INC)
- WPIX (Channel 11; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WPIX, INC.)
- WWOR-TV (Channel 9; SECAUCUS, NJ; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WPXO-LP (Channel 34; EAST ORANGE, NJ; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LPTV, INC.)
- WNJT (Channel 52; TRENTON, NJ; Owner: NEW JERSEY PUBLIC BROADCASTING AUTHORITY)
- WPXN-TV (Channel 31; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WNBC (Channel 4; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NATIONAL BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WNET (Channel 13; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WXTV (Channel 41; PATERSON, NJ; Owner: WXTV LICENSE PARTNERSHIP, G.P.)
- WNJU (Channel 47; LINDEN, NJ; Owner: WNJU LICENSE CORPORATION)
- W54CZ (Channel 54; MORRISTOWN, NJ; Owner: WLNY-TV, INC.)
- WFUT (Channel 68; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: UNIVISION NEW YORK LLC)
- WNJN (Channel 50; MONTCLAIR, NJ; Owner: NEW JERSEY PUBLIC B/CNG AUTHORITY)
- WNYE-TV (Channel 25; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK CITY BOARD OF EDUCATION)
- WXNY-LP (Channel 32; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ISLAND BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WKOB-LP (Channel 53; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WKOB COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WEBR-CA (Channel 17; MANHATTAN, NY; Owner: K LICENSEE INC.)
- WRNN-LP (Channel 57; NYACK, NY; Owner: LP NYACK LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WMBC-TV (Channel 63; NEWTON, NJ; Owner: MOUNTAIN BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.