Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 6,823. Estimated population in July 2005: 6,994 (+2.5% change)
Males: 3,428 (50.2%), Females: 3,395 (49.8%)
Median resident age: 35.8 years
Median household income: $59,205 (year 2000)
Median house value: $155,800 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Dunellen:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (76.6%)
- Hispanic (14.8%)
- Other race (6.4%)
- Black (3.7%)
- Two or more races (2.1%)
- Filipino (1.1%)
- Vietnamese (0.9%)
- Chinese (0.8%)
- American Indian (0.6%)
Ancestries: Irish (26.2%), Italian (19.2%), German (18.6%), Polish (9.8%), English (8.6%), Dutch (2.4%).
New! New Jersey forum
Elevation: 60 feet
Land area: 1.0 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Dunellen
- High school or higher: 86.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 22.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 6.2%
- Unemployed: 7.8%
- Mean travel time to work: 28.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Dunellen borough
- Never married: 26.2%
- Now married: 57.3%
- Separated: 1.7%
- Widowed: 6.0%
- Divorced: 8.8%
16.2% Foreign born (10.5% Latin America, 3.1% Asia, 2.4% Europe).
Population change in the 1990s: +328 (+5.1%).
realty - service real estate company montville twp morris county n.j. />
Springs Condo - Cascades Lodge, NJ Prices Start at $264,900 />
Jersey Homestead - site! High-speed internet. Our lowest rates, guaranteed. />
Hotels - to find great deals? Compare low hotel rates before you book. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: NJ Edison, (7.0 miles pop. 97,687).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: NJ Newark, (21.8 miles pop. 273,546).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (38.5 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: NJ (2.7 miles Middlesex, Plainfield, NJ (3.1 miles North Plainfield, NJ (3.6 miles South NJ Watchung, (3.8 miles NJ (3.9 miles Plainfield, Hill, NJ (4.0 miles Society Bound Brook, NJ South (5.0 miles Brook, NJ (5.3 miles Bound
Latitude: 40.59 N, Longitude: 74.47 W
Area codes: 732, 908
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (17.5%), Retail trade (14.2%), Manufacturing (13.8%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (11.5%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -1,795 (-26.3%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 315 (9.2%)
Crime in Dunellen by Year
|Type ||2001 ||2002 ||2003 ||2004 |
|Murders ||0 ||0 ||0 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 |
|Rapes ||0 ||0 ||0 ||1 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||14.7 |
|Robberies ||5 ||1 ||9 ||7 |
| per 100,000 ||73.3 ||14.7 ||131.9 ||102.6 |
|Assaults ||10 ||8 ||12 ||19 |
| per 100,000 ||146.6 ||117.3 ||175.9 ||278.5 |
|Burglaries ||24 ||14 ||15 ||10 |
| per 100,000 ||351.8 ||205.2 ||219.8 ||146.6 |
|Thefts ||141 ||128 ||123 ||127 |
| per 100,000 ||2066.5 ||1876.0 ||1802.7 ||1861.4 |
|Auto thefts ||10 ||7 ||6 ||8 |
| per 100,000 ||146.6 ||102.6 ||87.9 ||117.3 |
| ||170.3 ||125.5 ||169.3 ||186.4 |
Average climate in Dunellen, New Jersey
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Dunellen-area historical tornado activity is near New Jersey state average. It is 20% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/28/1973, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 14.7 miles away from the Dunellen city center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 10/18/1990, a category 3 tornado 22.2 miles away from the city center injured 8 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Dunellen:
- UNIVERSITY BEHAVIORAL HEALTHCARE (about 3 miles; PISCATAWAY, NJ)
- ST PETERS MEDICAL CENTER (about 6 miles; NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ)
- RUNNELLS SPECIALIZED HOSP-UNION CO (about 7 miles; BERKELEY HEIGHTS, NJ)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Dunellen:
- NEWARK LIBERTY INTL (about 22 miles; NEWARK, NJ; ID: EWR)
- TRENTON MERCER (about 33 miles; TRENTON, NJ; ID: TTN)
- PORT AUTH-DWNTN-MANHATTAN/WALL ST (about 34 miles; NEW YORK, NY; ID: JRB)
Other public-use airports nearest to Dunellen:
- CENTRAL JERSEY REGIONAL (about 10 miles; MANVILLE, NJ; ID: 47N)
- SOMERSET (about 14 miles; SOMERVILLE, NJ; ID: SMQ)
- MORRISTOWN MUNI (about 15 miles; MORRISTOWN, NJ; ID: MMU)
Amtrak stations near Dunellen:
- 7 miles: NEW BRUNSWICK (FRENCH & ALBANY STS.). Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, snack bar, ATM, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for car rental service, taxi stand, public transit connection.
- 10 miles: METROPARK (ISELIN, 100 MIDDLESEX-ESSEX TPK.). Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, paid short-term parking, call for car rental service, taxi stand, public transit connection.
Local government employment and payroll (March 2002)
|Function ||Full-time employees ||Monthly full-time payroll ||Average yearly full-time wage ||Part-time employees ||Monthly part-time payroll |
|Financial Administration ||1 ||$2,404 ||$28,848 ||0 ||$0 |
|Judicial and Legal ||2 ||$5,216 ||$31,296 ||4 ||$4,815 |
|Police Protection - Officers ||16 ||$90,734 ||$68,050 ||0 ||$0 |
|Other Government Administration ||2 ||$5,810 ||$34,860 ||8 ||$3,219 |
|Police - Other ||3 ||$5,639 ||$22,556 ||0 ||$0 |
|Streets and Highways ||5 ||$24,538 ||$58,891 ||0 ||$0 |
|Other and Unallocable ||0 ||$0 || ||4 ||$4,904 |
|Local Libraries ||2 ||$5,617 ||$33,702 ||5 ||$1,871 |
|Parks and Recreation ||3 ||$10,145 ||$40,580 ||0 ||$0 |
|Totals for Government ||34 ||$150,103 ||$52,977 ||21 ||$14,809 |Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Dunellen:
- RUTGERS UNIVERSITY-NEW BRUNSWICK (about 8 miles; NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ; Full-time enrollment: 30,649)
- DEVRY INSTITUTE (about 10 miles; NORTH BRUNSWICK, NJ; FT enrollment: 2,897)
- MIDDLESEX COUNTY COLLEGE (about 12 miles; EDISON, NJ; FT enrollment: 6,739)
- RARITAN VALLEY COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 13 miles; SOMERVILLE, NJ; FT enrollment: 3,283)
- DREW UNIVERSITY (about 13 miles; MADISON, NJ; FT enrollment: 2,133)
- UNION COUNTY COLLEGE (about 13 miles; CRANFORD, NJ; FT enrollment: 5,856)
- KEAN UNIVERSITY (about 16 miles; UNION, NJ; FT enrollment: 8,627)
Public high school in Dunellen:
- DUNELLEN HIGH (Students: 332; Location: FIRST ST & LINCOLN AVE; Grades: 09 - 12)
Private high school in Dunellen:
- NEW LIFE CHRISTIAN SCHOOL (Students: 359; Location: 201 WHITTIER AVENUE; Grades: PK - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Dunellen:
- JOHN P FABER (Students: 605; Location: HIGH STREET & LEHIGH STREET; Grades: KG - 06)
- LINCOLN MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 173; Location: LINCOLN AVENUE; Grades: 07 - 08)
Library in Dunellen:
- DUNELLEN FREE PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $231,225; Location: NEW MARKET ROAD; 36,421 books; 790 audio materials; 1,429 video materials; 123 serial subscriptions)
Notable location: Dunellen Station (A).
Churches in Dunellen include: Hope Korean United Methodist Church (A), Saint Nicholas Catholic Church (B), Dunellen First Presbyterian Church (C), Dunellen United Methodist Church (D), Resurrection of Christ Polish National Catholic Church (E), Saint Francis Episcopal Church (F), Saint Johns Catholic Church (G), Saint Luke's Lutheran Church (H).
Park in Dunellen: Columbia Park (1).
Dunellen compared to New Jersey state average:
- Median household income above state average.
- Median house value above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Population density above state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Dunellen:
- WMCA (570 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF NEW YORK, LLC)
- WOR (710 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BUCKLEY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WINS (1010 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WABC (770 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WABC-AM RADIO, INC.)
- WEPN (1050 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK AM RADIO, LLC)
- WSNR (620 AM; 20 kW; JERSEY CITY, NJ)
- WBBR (1130 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BLOOMBERG COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WADO (1280 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WADO-AM LICENSE CORP.)
- WLIB (1190 AM; 30 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ICBC BROADCAST HOLDINGS-NY, INC.)
- WFAN (660 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WJDM (1530 AM; 10 kW; ELIZABETH, NJ; Owner: RADIO UNICA OF NEW YORK LICENSE CORP)
- WWJZ (640 AM; 50 kW; MOUNT HOLLY, NJ; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WMTR (1250 AM; 7 kW; MORRISTOWN, NJ; Owner: THE SENTINEL PUBLISHING CO.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Dunellen:
- WAWZ (99.1 FM; ZAREPHATH, NJ; Owner: PILLAR OF FIRE)
- WMGQ (98.3 FM; NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ; Owner: THE SENTINEL PUBLISHING CO.)
- WRKS (98.7 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: EMMIS RADIO LICENSE CORP OF NEW YORK)
- WNEW (102.7 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WNYC-FM (93.9 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WNYC RADIO)
- WPAT-FM (93.1 FM; PATERSON, NJ; Owner: WPAT LICENSING, INC.)
- WQCD (101.9 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: EMMIS RADIO LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WKTU (103.5 FM; LAKE SUCCESS, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, LLC)
- WCAA (105.9 FM; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: WADO-AM LICENSE CORP. ("WADO"))
- WBAI (99.5 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: PACIFICA FOUNDATION, INC.)
- WBLS (107.5 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ICBC BROADCAST HOLDINGS-NY, INC.)
- WLTW (106.7 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: AMFM NEW YORK LICENSES, LLC)
- WQXR-FM (96.3 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: THE NEW YORK TIMES ELECTRONIC MEDIA COMPANY)
- WSKQ-FM (97.9 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WSKQ LICENSING, INC.)
- WXRK (92.3 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WAXQ (104.3 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: AMFM NEW YORK LICENSES, LLC)
- WHTZ (100.3 FM; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WWPR-FM (105.1 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WDHA-FM (105.5 FM; DOVER, NJ; Owner: THE SENTINEL PUBLISHING CO.)
- WQHT (97.1 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: EMMIS LICENSE CORPORATION OF NEW YORK)
TV broadcast stations around Dunellen:
- WNJB (Channel 58; NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ; Owner: NEW JERSEY PUBLIC BROADCASTING AUTHORITY)
- WLBX-LP (Channel 22; CRANFORD, NJ; Owner: RENARD COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- W36AS (Channel 36; NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ; Owner: DEEPAK VISWANATH)
- WPXO-LP (Channel 34; EAST ORANGE, NJ; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LPTV, INC.)
- WCBS-TV (Channel 2; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: CBS BROADCASTING INC.)
- WNYW (Channel 5; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WABC-TV (Channel 7; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: AMERICAN BROADCASTING COMPANIES, INC)
- WPIX (Channel 11; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WPIX, INC.)
- WWOR-TV (Channel 9; SECAUCUS, NJ; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WPXN-TV (Channel 31; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WNBC (Channel 4; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NATIONAL BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WNET (Channel 13; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WXTV (Channel 41; PATERSON, NJ; Owner: WXTV LICENSE PARTNERSHIP, G.P.)
- WNJU (Channel 47; LINDEN, NJ; Owner: WNJU LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WFUT (Channel 68; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: UNIVISION NEW YORK LLC)
- WNJT (Channel 52; TRENTON, NJ; Owner: NEW JERSEY PUBLIC BROADCASTING AUTHORITY)
- W54CZ (Channel 54; MORRISTOWN, NJ; Owner: WLNY-TV, INC.)
- WNYE-TV (Channel 25; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK CITY BOARD OF EDUCATION)
- WXNY-LP (Channel 32; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ISLAND BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WKOB-LP (Channel 53; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WKOB COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WEBR-CA (Channel 17; MANHATTAN, NY; Owner: K LICENSEE INC.)
- WRNN-LP (Channel 57; NYACK, NY; Owner: LP NYACK LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WNJN (Channel 50; MONTCLAIR, NJ; Owner: NEW JERSEY PUBLIC B/CNG AUTHORITY)
- W60AI (Channel 60; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: VENTANA TELEVISION, INC.)
- WMBC-TV (Channel 63; NEWTON, NJ; Owner: MOUNTAIN BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.