Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 97,687
Males: 47,926 (49.1%), Females: 49,761 (50.9%)
Zip codes: .
Median resident age: 36.3 years
Median household income: $69,746 (year 2000)
Median house value: $186,900 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Edison:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (55.8%)
- Asian Indian (17.3%)
- Black (6.9%)
- Hispanic (6.4%)
- Chinese (6.1%)
- Filipino (2.4%)
- Two or more races (2.2%)
- Other race (2.0%)
- Korean (1.6%)
- Other Asian (1.3%)
Ancestries: Italian (14.8%), Irish (11.1%), German (8.7%), Polish (7.4%), English (3.5%), Hungarian (3.2%).
New! New Jersey forum
Land area: 30.1 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Edison
- High school or higher: 87.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 42.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 17.2%
- Unemployed: 4.1%
- Mean travel time to work: 32.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Edison CDP
- Never married: 25.5%
- Now married: 61.3%
- Separated: 1.4%
- Widowed: 5.8%
- Divorced: 6.0%
33.1% Foreign born (22.8% Asia, 4.9% Europe, 3.7% Latin America).
Properties - International Realty Bergen County New Jersey MLS />
Ridge NJ Hotel - in Park Ridge New Jersey. Book online for room rate guarantee />
Divorce Attorney - visitation, support. Aggressive & practical attorneys />
Real Estate For Sale - Property For Sale Nation Wide Realty Access MLS (Official Site) />
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: NJ Newark, (19.0 miles pop. 273,546).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (33.7 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: NJ Metuchen, (1.2 miles Plainfield, NJ (3.8 miles South Park, NJ Highland (4.2 miles NJ (4.4 miles Fords, NJ (4.9 miles Iselin, Hill, NJ (5.4 miles Society NJ Colonia, (5.7 miles Brunswick, NJ New (5.9 miles
Latitude: 40.54 N, Longitude: 74.38 W
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (17.8%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (15.2%), Manufacturing (13.8%), Retail trade (11.5%), Finance,insurance,real estate,and rental and leasing (10.7%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +18,555 (+19.0%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 11,695 (23.7%)
Average climate in Edison, New Jersey
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Edison-area historical tornado activity is near New Jersey state average. It is 25% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/28/1973, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 19.9 miles away from the Edison city center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 10/18/1990, a category 3 tornado 27.2 miles away from the city center injured 8 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Birthplace of: Chris Snee - 2005 NFL player (New York Giants, born: Jan 8, 1982).
Main business address for: JOULE INC (SERVICES-FACILITIES SUPPORT MANAGEMENT SERVICES), U.S. Shipping Partners L.P. (WATER TRANSPORTATION), PHARMACEUTICAL FORMULATIONS INC (PHARMACEUTICAL PREPARATIONS), NEW BRUNSWICK SCIENTIFIC CO INC (LABORATORY APPARATUS & FURNITURE), CHASE MORTGAGE FINANCE CORP (ASSET-BACKED SECURITIES), HANOVER CAPITAL MORTGAGE HOLDINGS INC (REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT TRUSTS), INTELLIGROUP INC (SERVICES-COMPUTER INTEGRATED SYSTEMS DESIGN), MAJESCO HOLDINGS INC (SERVICES-PREPACKAGED SOFTWARE).
Hospital/medical center in Edison:
- JOHN F KENNEDY MEDICAL CENTER (65 JAMES STREET)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Edison:
- ST PETERS MEDICAL CENTER (about 5 miles; NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ)
- UNIVERSITY BEHAVIORAL HEALTHCARE (about 6 miles; PISCATAWAY, NJ)
- ROBERT WOOD JOHNSON UNIV HOSP (about 6 miles; NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Edison:
- NEWARK LIBERTY INTL (about 18 miles; NEWARK, NJ; ID: EWR)
- PORT AUTH-DWNTN-MANHATTAN/WALL ST (about 29 miles; NEW YORK, NY; ID: JRB)
- TETERBORO (about 32 miles; TETERBORO, NJ; ID: TEB)
Other public-use airports nearest to Edison:
- LINDEN (about 12 miles; LINDEN, NJ; ID: LDJ)
- CENTRAL JERSEY REGIONAL (about 15 miles; MANVILLE, NJ; ID: 47N)
- OLD BRIDGE (about 16 miles; OLD BRIDGE, NJ; ID: 3N6)
Amtrak stations near Edison:
- 5 miles: METROPARK (ISELIN, 100 MIDDLESEX-ESSEX TPK.). Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, paid short-term parking, call for car rental service, taxi stand, public transit connection.
- 6 miles: NEW BRUNSWICK (FRENCH & ALBANY STS.). Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, snack bar, ATM, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for car rental service, taxi stand, public transit connection.
- 17 miles: NEWARK INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (NEWARK, ). Services: ticket office, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones.
Colleges/Universities in Edison:
- MIDDLESEX COUNTY COLLEGE (Full-time enrollment: 6,739; Location: 155 MILL RD; Public; Website: www.middlesex.cc.nj.us)
- LINCOLN TECHNICAL INSTITUTE DBA THE CITTONE INST (FT enrollment: 928; Location: 1697 OAK TREE RD; Private, for-profit)
- RABBI JACOB JOSEPH SCHOOL (FT enrollment: 64; Location: ONE PLAINFIELD AVE; Private, not-for-profit)
- NORTH JERSEY SCHOOL OF REAL ESTATE (Location: 1734 OAK TREE RD; Private, for-profit)
- STAT-A-MATRIX INSTITUTE (Location: 2124 OAKTREE RD; Private, not-for-profit)
Other colleges/universities with over 2000 students near Edison:
- RUTGERS UNIVERSITY-NEW BRUNSWICK (about 6 miles; NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ; Full-time enrollment: 30,649)
- DEVRY INSTITUTE (about 10 miles; NORTH BRUNSWICK, NJ; FT enrollment: 2,897)
- UNION COUNTY COLLEGE (about 10 miles; CRANFORD, NJ; FT enrollment: 5,856)
- KEAN UNIVERSITY (about 14 miles; UNION, NJ; FT enrollment: 8,627)
- DREW UNIVERSITY (about 16 miles; MADISON, NJ; FT enrollment: 2,133)
- SETON HALL UNIVERSITY (about 17 miles; SOUTH ORANGE, NJ; FT enrollment: 7,509)
- CUNY COLLEGE OF STATEN ISLAND (about 17 miles; STATEN ISLAND, NY; FT enrollment: 8,135)
Public high schools in Edison:
- J P STEVENS HIGH (Students: 2,160; Location: GROVE AVENUE; Grades: 09 - 12)
- EDISON HIGH (Students: 1,939; Location: BOULEVARD OF EAGLES; Grades: 09 - 12)
- MDSEX CTY V0C ACD SCI/ENG (Students: 138; Location: 100 TECHNOLOGY DRIVE; Grades: 09 - 12)
- MIDDLESEX CO ACADEMY H.S. (Students: 27; Location: 500 PLAINFIELD AVENUE; Grades: 07 - 12)
Private high schools in Edison:
- BISHOP GEORGE AHR ST THOMAS HS (Students: 964; Location: 1 TINGLEY LANE; Grades: 9 - 12)
- WARDLAW HARTRIDGE SCHOOL (Students: 460; Location: 1295 INMAN AVE; Grades: PK - 12)
- RABBI JACOB JOSEPH YESHIVA (Students: 86; Location: ONE PLAINFIELD AVENUE; Grades: 9 - 12; Boys only)
Biggest public primary/middle schools in Edison:
- HERBERT HOOVER MIDDLE (Students: 808; Location: JACKSON AVE.; Grades: 06 - 08)
- WOODROW WILSON MIDDLE (Students: 792; Location: WOODROW WILSON DR; Grades: 06 - 08)
- MENLO PARK (Students: 788; Location: MONROE AVE; Grades: KG - 05)
- JOHN ADAMS MIDDLE (Students: 747; Location: NEW DOVER RD.; Grades: 06 - 08)
- LINCOLN (Students: 745; Location: BROOKVILLE RD; Grades: KG - 05)
- THOMAS JEFFERSON MIDDLE (Students: 667; Location: DIVISION ST; Grades: 06 - 08)
- WOODBROOK (Students: 624; Location: ROBIN RD; Grades: KG - 05)
- BENJAMIN FRANKLIN (Students: 584; Location: WOODBRIDGE AVE; Grades: KG - 05)
- WASHINGTON (Students: 537; Location: WINTHROP & CAMBRIDGE RD; Grades: KG - 05)
- JAMES MADISON INTER (Students: 527; Location: NEW DOVER RD; Grades: 03 - 05)
Private primary/middle schools in Edison:
- SAINT MATTHEW SCHOOL (Students: 407; Location: 100 SEYMOUR AVE; Grades: PK - 8)
- ST HELENA ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 398; Location: 930 GROVE AVENUE; Grades: KG - 8)
- PLAZA CHILD CARE (Students: 186; Location: TCM PLZ-4 PROGRESS ST S STE A3; Grades: PK - KG)
- LAKEVIEW SCHOOL (Students: 167; Location: OAK DR-ROOSEVELT PARK; Grades: PK - UG)
- PEPPERMINT TREE CHILD CARE CTR (Students: 113; Location: 165 FIELDCREST AVE; Grades: PK - 2)
- JOHN F KENNEY CHILD CARE CENTE (Students: 98; Location: 225 MILL ROAD; Grades: PK - KG)
- HELPING HAND LEARNING CTR (Students: 31; Location: 715 KING GEORGE POST RD; Grades: PK - KG)
- T J'S SMALL WORLD (Students: 27; Location: P O BOX 143; Grades: PK - KG)
Library in Edison:
- EDISON TOWNSHIP FREE PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $3,327,612; Location: 340 PLAINFIELD AVENUE; 263,053 books; 4,225 audio materials; 2,737 video materials; 262 serial subscriptions)
User submitted facts and corrections:
- I could not find the Radio channel AM 1680 which broadcasts Indain (asian) music and cultural activities. Can you please add it to the list added by Ramachandra Prabhu
Notable locations in Edison: Edison Memorial Tower (A), Sutton - Kilmer Industrial Campus (B), Metuchen Country Club (C), Potter Station (D), Ash Brook Swimming Club (E), Plainfield Country Club (F), Metuchen Yard (G), Metuchen Station (H), New Jersey State Home for Disabled Veterans (I), Main Hall (J), Chambers Hall (K), O'Neill Hall (L), North Hall (M), Metuchen Public Library (N), Metuchen Borough Hall (O), Woodburn Hall (P), West Hall (Q), Jewish Community Center of Metuchen (R), East Hall (S), Edison Hall (T).
Shopping Center: Menlo Park Mall Shopping Center (1).
Churches in Edison include: First Presbyterian Church (A), Church of Jesus Christ (B), Second Baptist Church (C), Temple Neve Sholom (D), Bethel African Methodist Episcopal Church (E), Mount Pleasant Baptist Church (F), New Dover United Methodist Church (G), New Hope Baptist Church (H).
Cemeteries: Hillside Cemetery (1), New Dover Cemetery (2), Metuchen Colonial Cemetery (3).
Reservoirs: Silver Lake (A), Mirror Lake (B).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Rum Creek (A), Mill Brook (B).
Parks in Edison include: Central Avenue Park (1), Center Street Park (2), Woodland Park (3), Thomas Park (4), Thomas A Edison County Park (5), Myrtle - Charles Park (6), Roosevelt County Park (7), Roosevelt Park (8), Edgar Park (9).
Post offices: Metuchen Post Office (A), Nixon Post Office (B).
Edison compared to New Jersey state average:
- Median household income above state average.
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Edison:
- WMCA (570 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF NEW YORK, LLC)
- WOR (710 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BUCKLEY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WINS (1010 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WABC (770 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WABC-AM RADIO, INC.)
- WEPN (1050 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK AM RADIO, LLC)
- WBBR (1130 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BLOOMBERG COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WADO (1280 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WADO-AM LICENSE CORP.)
- WJDM (1530 AM; 10 kW; ELIZABETH, NJ; Owner: RADIO UNICA OF NEW YORK LICENSE CORP)
- WCTC (1450 AM; 1 kW; NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ; Owner: THE SENTINEL PUBLISHING CO.)
- WSNR (620 AM; 20 kW; JERSEY CITY, NJ)
- WLIB (1190 AM; 30 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ICBC BROADCAST HOLDINGS-NY, INC.)
- WFAN (660 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WQEW (1560 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: THE NEW YORK TIMES ELECTRONIC MEDIA COMPANY)
Strongest FM radio stations in Edison:
- WMGQ (98.3 FM; NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ; Owner: THE SENTINEL PUBLISHING CO.)
- WRKS (98.7 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: EMMIS RADIO LICENSE CORP OF NEW YORK)
- WAWZ (99.1 FM; ZAREPHATH, NJ; Owner: PILLAR OF FIRE)
- WNEW (102.7 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WNYC-FM (93.9 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WNYC RADIO)
- WPAT-FM (93.1 FM; PATERSON, NJ; Owner: WPAT LICENSING, INC.)
- WQCD (101.9 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: EMMIS RADIO LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WKTU (103.5 FM; LAKE SUCCESS, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, LLC)
- WCAA (105.9 FM; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: WADO-AM LICENSE CORP. ("WADO"))
- WBAI (99.5 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: PACIFICA FOUNDATION, INC.)
- WBLS (107.5 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ICBC BROADCAST HOLDINGS-NY, INC.)
- WLTW (106.7 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: AMFM NEW YORK LICENSES, LLC)
- WQXR-FM (96.3 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: THE NEW YORK TIMES ELECTRONIC MEDIA COMPANY)
- WSKQ-FM (97.9 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WSKQ LICENSING, INC.)
- WXRK (92.3 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WAXQ (104.3 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: AMFM NEW YORK LICENSES, LLC)
- WHTZ (100.3 FM; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WWPR-FM (105.1 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WQHT (97.1 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: EMMIS LICENSE CORPORATION OF NEW YORK)
- WCBS-FM (101.1 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Edison:
- WLBX-LP (Channel 22; CRANFORD, NJ; Owner: RENARD COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- WCBS-TV (Channel 2; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: CBS BROADCASTING INC.)
- WNYW (Channel 5; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WABC-TV (Channel 7; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: AMERICAN BROADCASTING COMPANIES, INC)
- WPIX (Channel 11; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WPIX, INC.)
- WWOR-TV (Channel 9; SECAUCUS, NJ; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- W36AS (Channel 36; NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ; Owner: DEEPAK VISWANATH)
- WPXO-LP (Channel 34; EAST ORANGE, NJ; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LPTV, INC.)
- WPXN-TV (Channel 31; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WNBC (Channel 4; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NATIONAL BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WNET (Channel 13; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WXTV (Channel 41; PATERSON, NJ; Owner: WXTV LICENSE PARTNERSHIP, G.P.)
- WNJB (Channel 58; NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ; Owner: NEW JERSEY PUBLIC BROADCASTING AUTHORITY)
- WNJU (Channel 47; LINDEN, NJ; Owner: WNJU LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WFUT (Channel 68; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: UNIVISION NEW YORK LLC)
- WNYE-TV (Channel 25; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK CITY BOARD OF EDUCATION)
- WXNY-LP (Channel 32; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ISLAND BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WKOB-LP (Channel 53; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WKOB COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WEBR-CA (Channel 17; MANHATTAN, NY; Owner: K LICENSEE INC.)
- WRNN-LP (Channel 57; NYACK, NY; Owner: LP NYACK LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WNJT (Channel 52; TRENTON, NJ; Owner: NEW JERSEY PUBLIC BROADCASTING AUTHORITY)
- W60AI (Channel 60; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: VENTANA TELEVISION, INC.)
- W54CZ (Channel 54; MORRISTOWN, NJ; Owner: WLNY-TV, INC.)
- WNJN (Channel 50; MONTCLAIR, NJ; Owner: NEW JERSEY PUBLIC B/CNG AUTHORITY)
- WNXY-LP (Channel 26; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ISLAND BROADCASTING COMPANY)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.