Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 10,976. Estimated population in July 2005: 11,439 (+4.2% change)
Males: 5,656 (51.5%), Females: 5,320 (48.5%)
Median resident age: 33.0 years
Median household income: $48,654 (year 2000)
Median house value: $137,500 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Freehold:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (53.3%)
- Hispanic (28.1%)
- Black (15.8%)
- Other race (6.6%)
- Two or more races (3.5%)
- American Indian (1.2%)
- Chinese (0.8%)
- Asian Indian (0.7%)
Ancestries: Irish (17.2%), Italian (10.7%), German (8.8%), English (6.5%), Polish (5.8%), Russian (3.1%).
New! New Jersey forum
Elevation: 178 feet
Land area: 2.0 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Freehold
- High school or higher: 76.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 19.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.6%
- Unemployed: 7.0%
- Mean travel time to work: 28.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Freehold borough
- Never married: 34.1%
- Now married: 47.5%
- Separated: 2.3%
- Widowed: 6.9%
- Divorced: 9.2%
20.6% Foreign born (17.0% Latin America).
Population change in the 1990s: +267 (+2.5%).
Properties - International Realty Bergen County New Jersey MLS />
Hotels - Tours, Reviews, Hotel Maps Compare & Save on Hotels Today! />
Real Estate For Sale - Property For Sale Nation Wide Realty Access MLS (Official Site) />
Jersey Homes - sell or rent New Jersey real estate. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: NJ Edison, (20.5 miles pop. 97,687).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: NJ Newark, (33.4 miles pop. 273,546).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (39.3 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: Freehold, NJ (2.3 miles West Freehold, NJ (2.7 miles East NJ (5.3 miles Yorketown, NJ (5.4 miles Morganville, NJ Englishtown, (6.3 miles Center, NJ (7.7 miles Vista NJ (8.5 miles Farmingdale, NJ (9.8 miles Brownville,
Latitude: 40.26 N, Longitude: 74.28 W
Area codes: 732, 908, 848
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (15.8%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (15.0%), Retail trade (11.8%), Manufacturing (10.8%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +5,181 (+47.2%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,355 (25.6%)
Crime in Freehold by Year
|Type ||1999 ||2000 ||2001 ||2002 ||2003 ||2004 |
|Murders ||0 ||0 ||0 ||1 ||2 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||9.1 ||18.2 ||0.0 |
|Rapes ||4 ||1 ||1 ||1 ||3 ||4 |
| per 100,000 ||36.4 ||9.1 ||9.1 ||9.1 ||27.3 ||36.4 |
|Robberies ||33 ||33 ||27 ||36 ||15 ||25 |
| per 100,000 ||300.7 ||300.7 ||246.0 ||328.0 ||136.7 ||227.8 |
|Assaults ||19 ||23 ||23 ||52 ||35 ||26 |
| per 100,000 ||173.1 ||209.5 ||209.5 ||473.8 ||318.9 ||236.9 |
|Burglaries ||63 ||60 ||50 ||57 ||66 ||73 |
| per 100,000 ||574.0 ||546.6 ||455.5 ||519.3 ||601.3 ||665.1 |
|Thefts ||214 ||242 ||305 ||313 ||261 ||219 |
| per 100,000 ||1949.7 ||2204.8 ||2778.8 ||2851.7 ||2377.9 ||1995.3 |
|Auto thefts ||20 ||27 ||23 ||24 ||12 ||22 |
| per 100,000 ||182.2 ||246.0 ||209.5 ||218.7 ||109.3 ||200.4 |
| ||272.1 ||281.9 ||279.2 ||373.8 ||279.9 ||272.7 |
Average climate in Freehold, New Jersey
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Freehold-area historical tornado activity is slightly below New Jersey state average. It is 35% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/27/2001, a category 2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 7.3 miles away from the Freehold city center caused $1 million in damages.
On 10/18/1990, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 37.2 miles away from the city center injured 8 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Birthplace of: J.R. Smith - NBA player (New Orleans Hornets, born: Nov 9, 1985), Tim Begley - College basketball player (Pennsylvania Quakers).
Main business address for: UNITED MOBILE HOMES INC (REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT TRUSTS), NATIONAL ATLANTIC HOLDINGS CORP (FIRE, MARINE & CASUALTY INSURANCE), COMMUNITY BANCORP OF NEW JERSEY (SAVINGS INSTITUTIONS, NOT FEDERALLY CHARTERED), MONMOUTH CAPITAL CORP (REAL ESTATE), MONMOUTH REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT CORP (REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT TRUSTS), FOODARAMA SUPERMARKETS INC (RETAIL-GROCERY STORES).
Hospital/medical center in Freehold:
- CENTRASTATE MEDICAL CENTER (ROUTE 537 W MAIN ST)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Freehold:
- BAYSHORE COMMUNITY HOSPITAL (about 12 miles; HOLMDEL, NJ)
- KIMBALL MEDICAL CENTER (about 14 miles; LAKEWOOD, NJ)
- REHAILITATION HOSPITAL OF TINTON FALLS (about 15 miles; TINTON FALLS, NJ)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Freehold:
- LAKEHURST NAES /MAXFIELD FIELD (about 17 miles; LAKEHURST, NJ; ID: NEL)
- MC GUIRE AFB (about 28 miles; WRIGHTSTOWN, NJ; ID: WRI)
- NEWARK LIBERTY INTL (about 31 miles; NEWARK, NJ; ID: EWR)
Other public-use airports nearest to Freehold:
- OLD BRIDGE (about 6 miles; OLD BRIDGE, NJ; ID: 3N6)
- MONMOUTH EXECUTIVE (about 13 miles; BELMAR/FARMINGDALE, NJ; ID: BLM)
- LAKEWOOD (about 16 miles; LAKEWOOD, NJ; ID: N12)
Local government employment and payroll (March 2002)
|Function ||Full-time employees ||Monthly full-time payroll ||Average yearly full-time wage ||Part-time employees ||Monthly part-time payroll |
|Housing and Community Development(Local) ||3 ||$9,620 ||$38,480 ||2 ||$447 |Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Freehold:
- BROOKDALE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 12 miles; LINCROFT, NJ; Full-time enrollment: 7,533)
- BETH MEDRASH GOVOHA (about 14 miles; LAKEWOOD, NJ; FT enrollment: 2,823)
- MIDDLESEX COUNTY COLLEGE (about 16 miles; EDISON, NJ; FT enrollment: 6,739)
- OCEAN COUNTY COLLEGE (about 18 miles; TOMS RIVER, NJ; FT enrollment: 4,651)
- MONMOUTH UNIVERSITY (about 19 miles; WEST LONG BRANCH, NJ; FT enrollment: 4,613)
- DEVRY INSTITUTE (about 20 miles; NORTH BRUNSWICK, NJ; FT enrollment: 2,897)
- RUTGERS UNIVERSITY-NEW BRUNSWICK (about 20 miles; NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ; FT enrollment: 30,649)
Public high schools in Freehold:
- FREEHOLD TWP HIGH (Students: 2,000; Location: 281 ELTON-ADELPHIA ROAD; Grades: 09 - 12)
- FREEHOLD BOROUGH HIGH (Students: 1,217; Location: 65 BROADWAY; Grades: 09 - 12)
Biggest public primary/middle schools in Freehold:
- LAURA DONOVAN (Students: 815; Location: 237 STONEHURST BLVD.; Grades: KG - 05)
- DWIGHT D EISENHOWER (Students: 808; Location: 279 BURLINGTON ROAD; Grades: 06 - 08)
- CLIFTON T. BARKALOW (Students: 757; Location: 498 STILLWELLS CORNER ROAD; Grades: 06 - 08)
- MARSHALL W. ERRICKSON (Students: 677; Location: 271 ELTON-ADELPHIA ROAD; Grades: KG - 05)
- JOSEPH J CATENA SCH (Students: 649; Location: 275 BURLINGTON ROAD; Grades: KG - 05)
- C RICHARD APPLEGATE (Students: 588; Location: 47 JEANNE BRENNAN DRIVE; Grades: KG - 05)
- FREEHOLD LEARNING CENTER (Students: 519; Location: 30 DUTCH LANE; Grades: PK - 05)
- PARK AVENUE ELEM SCHOOL (Students: 464; Location: 280 PARK AVENUE; Grades: KG - 05)
- ADELPHIA SCHOOL (Students: 443; Location: 495 ADELPHIA ROAD; Grades: KG - 05)
- INTERMEDIATE (Students: 396; Location: 280 PARK AVENUE; Grades: 06 - 08)
Library in Freehold:
- FREEHOLD PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $220,849; Location: 28 1/2 E. MAIN ST; 26,495 books; 378 audio materials; 538 video materials; 100 serial subscriptions)
Notable locations in Freehold: Freehold Raceway (A), Freehold Public Library (B), Monmouth County Courthouse (C).
Churches in Freehold include: First Presbyterian Church (A), Church of God (B), First United Methodist Church (C), Saint Peter's Episcopal Church (D), Saint Rose of Lima Roman Catholic Church (E), Freehold First Baptist Church (F), Freehold Jewish Center (G), Second Baptist Church (H).
Parks in Freehold include: Forman Park (1), Monmouth Battle Monument (2).
Post office: (A).
Freehold compared to New Jersey state average:
- Median house value above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Population density above state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Freehold:
- WOBM (1160 AM; 9 kW; LAKEWOOD TOWNSHIP, NJ; Owner: NORTH SHORE BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WMCA (570 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF NEW YORK, LLC)
- WOR (710 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BUCKLEY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WINS (1010 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WABC (770 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WABC-AM RADIO, INC.)
- WEPN (1050 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK AM RADIO, LLC)
- WBBR (1130 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BLOOMBERG COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WFAN (660 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WADO (1280 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WADO-AM LICENSE CORP.)
- WQEW (1560 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: THE NEW YORK TIMES ELECTRONIC MEDIA COMPANY)
- WCBS (880 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WLIB (1190 AM; 30 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ICBC BROADCAST HOLDINGS-NY, INC.)
- WWJZ (640 AM; 50 kW; MOUNT HOLLY, NJ; Owner: ABC, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Freehold:
- WJLK-FM (94.3 FM; ASBURY PARK, NJ; Owner: MILLENNIUM SHORE LICENSE HOLDCO, LLC)
- WCNJ (89.3 FM; HAZLET, NJ; Owner: WVRM, INC.)
- WBJB-FM (90.5 FM; LINCROFT, NJ; Owner: BROOKDALE COMMUNITY COLLEGE)
- WHTG-FM (106.3 FM; EATONTOWN, NJ; Owner: PRESS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- WNYC-FM (93.9 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WNYC RADIO)
- WPAT-FM (93.1 FM; PATERSON, NJ; Owner: WPAT LICENSING, INC.)
- WRKS (98.7 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: EMMIS RADIO LICENSE CORP OF NEW YORK)
- WRDR (89.7 FM; FREEHOLD TOWNSHIP, NJ; Owner: BRIDGELIGHT CORPORATION, LLC)
- WWZY (107.1 FM; LONG BRANCH, NJ; Owner: PRESS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- WQCD (101.9 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: EMMIS RADIO LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WKXW-FM (101.5 FM; TRENTON, NJ; Owner: MILLENNIUM CENTRAL NEW JERSEY LICENSE HOLDCO, LLC)
- WKTU (103.5 FM; LAKE SUCCESS, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, LLC)
- WCAA (105.9 FM; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: WADO-AM LICENSE CORP. ("WADO"))
- WBAI (99.5 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: PACIFICA FOUNDATION, INC.)
- WBLS (107.5 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ICBC BROADCAST HOLDINGS-NY, INC.)
- WLTW (106.7 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: AMFM NEW YORK LICENSES, LLC)
- WQXR-FM (96.3 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: THE NEW YORK TIMES ELECTRONIC MEDIA COMPANY)
- WSKQ-FM (97.9 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WSKQ LICENSING, INC.)
- WXRK (92.3 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WNEW (102.7 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Freehold:
- WCBS-TV (Channel 2; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: CBS BROADCASTING INC.)
- WNYW (Channel 5; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WABC-TV (Channel 7; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: AMERICAN BROADCASTING COMPANIES, INC)
- WPIX (Channel 11; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WPIX, INC.)
- WWOR-TV (Channel 9; SECAUCUS, NJ; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WPXN-TV (Channel 31; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WNBC (Channel 4; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NATIONAL BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WNET (Channel 13; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WXTV (Channel 41; PATERSON, NJ; Owner: WXTV LICENSE PARTNERSHIP, G.P.)
- WNJU (Channel 47; LINDEN, NJ; Owner: WNJU LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WFUT (Channel 68; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: UNIVISION NEW YORK LLC)
- WNJT (Channel 52; TRENTON, NJ; Owner: NEW JERSEY PUBLIC BROADCASTING AUTHORITY)
- WXNY-LP (Channel 32; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ISLAND BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WNYE-TV (Channel 25; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK CITY BOARD OF EDUCATION)
- WPXO-LP (Channel 34; EAST ORANGE, NJ; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LPTV, INC.)
- WLBX-LP (Channel 22; CRANFORD, NJ; Owner: RENARD COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- WKOB-LP (Channel 53; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WKOB COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WEBR-CA (Channel 17; MANHATTAN, NY; Owner: K LICENSEE INC.)
- WRNN-LP (Channel 57; NYACK, NY; Owner: LP NYACK LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WNJN (Channel 50; MONTCLAIR, NJ; Owner: NEW JERSEY PUBLIC B/CNG AUTHORITY)
- W36AS (Channel 36; NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ; Owner: DEEPAK VISWANATH)
- W60AI (Channel 60; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: VENTANA TELEVISION, INC.)
- WNJB1 (Channel 58; LONG BRANCH, NJ; Owner: NJ PUBLIC BROADCASTING AUTHORITY)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.