Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 10,640. Estimated population in July 2005: 11,313 (+6.3% change)
Males: 5,119 (48.1%), Females: 5,521 (51.9%)
Median resident age: 37.2 years
Median household income: $65,648 (year 2000)
Median house value: $180,100 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Pompton Lakes:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (89.1%)
- Hispanic (5.7%)
- Other race (1.6%)
- Filipino (1.3%)
- Black (1.2%)
- Two or more races (1.0%)
- Asian Indian (0.6%)
Ancestries: Italian (26.5%), Irish (23.3%), German (20.6%), English (8.5%), Polish (8.0%), Dutch (7.4%).
New! Lakes, New Jersey forum
Elevation: 220 feet
Land area: 3.0 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Pompton Lakes
- High school or higher: 88.8%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 28.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 7.9%
- Unemployed: 4.0%
- Mean travel time to work: 25.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Pompton Lakes borough
- Never married: 24.7%
- Now married: 56.8%
- Separated: 1.2%
- Widowed: 8.3%
- Divorced: 9.0%
10.3% Foreign born (3.6% Latin America, 3.3% Europe, 3.0% Asia).
Population change in the 1990s: +124 (+1.2%).
NJ Home MLS Search - the MLS for Homes for Sale in Northern New Jersey. />
Properties - International Realty Bergen County New Jersey MLS />
Divorce Attorney - visitation, support. Aggressive & practical attorneys />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: NJ Wayne, (4.7 miles pop. 54,069).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: NJ Newark, (19.6 miles pop. 273,546).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (32.6 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: NJ (1.8 miles Riverdale, NJ (2.7 miles Wanaque, NJ (3.2 miles Bloomingdale, NJ (3.9 miles Oakland, NJ (4.1 miles Butler, NJ Wayne, (4.7 miles Park, NJ (5.4 miles Lincoln Lakes, NJ (5.4 miles Franklin
Latitude: 41.00 N, Longitude: 74.29 W
Area codes: 973, 862
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (18.6%), Manufacturing (15.0%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (11.6%), Retail trade (11.4%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -3,121 (-29.3%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 667 (11.9%)
Crime in Pompton Lakes by Year
|Type ||1999 ||2000 ||2001 ||2002 ||2003 ||2004 |
|Murders ||1 ||0 ||0 ||0 ||0 ||1 |
| per 100,000 ||9.4 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||9.4 |
|Rapes ||0 ||1 ||0 ||0 ||2 ||2 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||9.4 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||18.8 ||18.8 |
|Robberies ||4 ||1 ||0 ||2 ||0 ||4 |
| per 100,000 ||37.6 ||9.4 ||0.0 ||18.8 ||0.0 ||37.6 |
|Assaults ||2 ||7 ||5 ||6 ||10 ||5 |
| per 100,000 ||18.8 ||65.8 ||47.0 ||56.4 ||94.0 ||47.0 |
|Burglaries ||17 ||9 ||23 ||34 ||26 ||20 |
| per 100,000 ||159.8 ||84.6 ||216.2 ||319.5 ||244.4 ||188.0 |
|Thefts ||108 ||87 ||147 ||120 ||113 ||108 |
| per 100,000 ||1015.0 ||817.7 ||1381.6 ||1127.8 ||1062.0 ||1015.0 |
|Auto thefts ||4 ||5 ||12 ||11 ||11 ||10 |
| per 100,000 ||37.6 ||47.0 ||112.8 ||103.4 ||103.4 ||94.0 |
| ||79.2 ||62.1 ||88.8 ||92.7 ||94.2 ||98.9 |
Average climate in Pompton Lakes, New Jersey
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Pompton Lakes-area historical tornado activity is near New Jersey state average. It is 31% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/28/1973, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 20.2 miles away from the Pompton Lakes city center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 7/14/1988, a category 3 tornado 26.1 miles away from the city center injured one person and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Pompton Lakes:
- CHILTON MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 3 miles; POMPTON PLAINS, NJ)
- WAYNE GENERAL HOSPITAL (about 5 miles; WAYNE, NJ)
- RAMAPO RIDGE PSYCH HOSP (about 9 miles; WYCKOFF, NJ)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Pompton Lakes:
- TETERBORO (about 20 miles; TETERBORO, NJ; ID: TEB)
- NEWARK LIBERTY INTL (about 24 miles; NEWARK, NJ; ID: EWR)
- PORT AUTH-DWNTN-MANHATTAN/WALL ST (about 29 miles; NEW YORK, NY; ID: JRB)
Other public-use airports nearest to Pompton Lakes:
- LINCOLN PARK (about 5 miles; LINCOLN PARK, NJ; ID: N07)
- GREENWOOD LAKE (about 9 miles; WEST MILFORD, NJ; ID: 4N1)
- ESSEX COUNTY (about 10 miles; CALDWELL, NJ; ID: CDW)
Local government employment and payroll (March 2002)
|Function ||Full-time employees ||Monthly full-time payroll ||Average yearly full-time wage ||Part-time employees ||Monthly part-time payroll |
|Other and Unallocable ||3 ||$11,515 ||$46,060 ||0 ||$0 |
|Sewerage ||7 ||$21,405 ||$36,694 ||1 ||$425 |
|Water Supply ||6 ||$16,941 ||$33,882 ||0 ||$0 |Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Pompton Lakes:
- WILLIAM PATERSON UNIVERSITY OF NEW JERSEY (about 5 miles; WAYNE, NJ; Full-time enrollment: 8,017)
- PASSAIC COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 10 miles; PATERSON, NJ; FT enrollment: 2,452)
- RAMAPO COLLEGE OF NEW JERSEY (about 11 miles; MAHWAH, NJ; FT enrollment: 4,076)
- MONTCLAIR STATE UNIVERSITY (about 13 miles; UPPER MONTCLAIR, NJ; FT enrollment: 10,226)
- ROCKLAND COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 14 miles; SUFFERN, NY; FT enrollment: 4,409)
- BERGEN COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 16 miles; PARAMUS, NJ; FT enrollment: 7,733)
- SETON HALL UNIVERSITY (about 18 miles; SOUTH ORANGE, NJ; FT enrollment: 7,509)
Public high school in Pompton Lakes:
- POMPTON LAKES HIGH (Students: 628; Location: 44 LAKESIDE AVENUE; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Pompton Lakes:
- LAKESIDE (Students: 452; Location: 316 LAKESIDE AVENUE; Grades: 06 - 08)
- LENOX (Students: 426; Location: 35 LENOX AVENUE; Grades: KG - 05)
- LINCOLN (Students: 367; Location: 40 MILL STREET; Grades: KG - 05)
Private primary/middle schools in Pompton Lakes:
- ST MARYS SCHOOL (Students: 255; Location: 25 POMPTON AVENUE; Grades: PK - 8)
- WINDSOR SCHOOL (Students: 117; Location: 234 WANAQUE AVE; Grades: 5 - 8)
Library in Pompton Lakes:
- FREE PUBLIC LIBRARY OF POMPTON LAKES (Operating income: $287,423; Location: 333 WANAQUE AVENUE; 39,670 books; 847 audio materials; 90 serial subscriptions)
Notable location: Free Public Library of the Borough of Pompton Lakes (A).
Church in Pompton Lakes: Saint Mary's Church (A).
Lakes and reservoirs: Spring Pond (A), Garden Pond (B), Lake Inez (C), Pompton Lake (D), Twin Lakes (E).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Acid Brook (A), Wanaque River (B), Posts Brook (C).
Park in Pompton Lakes: Battleship Maine Memorial (1).
Post office: (A).
Pompton Lakes compared to New Jersey state average:
- Median household income above state average.
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Pompton Lakes:
- WSNR (620 AM; 20 kW; JERSEY CITY, NJ)
- WVNJ (1160 AM; 20 kW; OAKLAND, NJ; Owner: UNIVERSAL B/CASTING OF NEW YORK,INC.)
- WGHT (1500 AM; daytime; 1 kW; POMPTON LAKES, NJ)
- WABC (770 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WABC-AM RADIO, INC.)
- WMCA (570 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF NEW YORK, LLC)
- WOR (710 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BUCKLEY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WINS (1010 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WEPN (1050 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK AM RADIO, LLC)
- WADO (1280 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WADO-AM LICENSE CORP.)
- WBBR (1130 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BLOOMBERG COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WLIB (1190 AM; 30 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ICBC BROADCAST HOLDINGS-NY, INC.)
- WFAN (660 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WCBS (880 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Pompton Lakes:
- WPSC-FM (88.7 FM; WAYNE, NJ; Owner: WILLIAM PATERSON COLLEGE OF N. J.)
- WRKS (98.7 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: EMMIS RADIO LICENSE CORP OF NEW YORK)
- WNEW (102.7 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WMSC (90.3 FM; UPPER MONTCLAIR, NJ; Owner: MONTCLAIR STATE UNIVERSITY)
- WKCR-FM (89.9 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: TRUSTEES OF COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY IN NEW YORK)
- WPLJ (95.5 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WPLJ-FM RADIO, INC.)
- WKTU (103.5 FM; LAKE SUCCESS, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, LLC)
- WQCD (101.9 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: EMMIS RADIO LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WNYC-FM (93.9 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WNYC RADIO)
- WPAT-FM (93.1 FM; PATERSON, NJ; Owner: WPAT LICENSING, INC.)
- WAXQ (104.3 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: AMFM NEW YORK LICENSES, LLC)
- WHTZ (100.3 FM; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WWPR-FM (105.1 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WCAA (105.9 FM; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: WADO-AM LICENSE CORP. ("WADO"))
- WBAI (99.5 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: PACIFICA FOUNDATION, INC.)
- WBLS (107.5 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ICBC BROADCAST HOLDINGS-NY, INC.)
- WLTW (106.7 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: AMFM NEW YORK LICENSES, LLC)
- WQXR-FM (96.3 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: THE NEW YORK TIMES ELECTRONIC MEDIA COMPANY)
- WSKQ-FM (97.9 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WSKQ LICENSING, INC.)
- WXRK (92.3 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Pompton Lakes:
- WFME-TV (Channel 66; WEST MILFORD, NJ; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- WPXO-LP (Channel 34; EAST ORANGE, NJ; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LPTV, INC.)
- WNYW (Channel 5; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WCBS-TV (Channel 2; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: CBS BROADCASTING INC.)
- WABC-TV (Channel 7; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: AMERICAN BROADCASTING COMPANIES, INC)
- WPIX (Channel 11; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WPIX, INC.)
- WWOR-TV (Channel 9; SECAUCUS, NJ; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WPXN-TV (Channel 31; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WNJU (Channel 47; LINDEN, NJ; Owner: WNJU LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WNBC (Channel 4; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NATIONAL BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WNET (Channel 13; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WXTV (Channel 41; PATERSON, NJ; Owner: WXTV LICENSE PARTNERSHIP, G.P.)
- WFUT (Channel 68; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: UNIVISION NEW YORK LLC)
- WNYE-TV (Channel 25; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK CITY BOARD OF EDUCATION)
- WXNY-LP (Channel 32; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ISLAND BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WKOB-LP (Channel 53; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WKOB COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WEBR-CA (Channel 17; MANHATTAN, NY; Owner: K LICENSEE INC.)
- WRNN-LP (Channel 57; NYACK, NY; Owner: LP NYACK LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WMBC-TV (Channel 63; NEWTON, NJ; Owner: MOUNTAIN BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- W60AI (Channel 60; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: VENTANA TELEVISION, INC.)
- W68DN (Channel 68; CHERRY HILL, ETC., NJ; Owner: MARCIA COHEN)
- WNXY-LP (Channel 26; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ISLAND BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- W33BS (Channel 33; DARIEN, CT; Owner: CT&T BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WNYN-LP (Channel 39; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ISLAND BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WNYX-LP (Channel 35; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ISLAND BROADCASTING COMPANY)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.