Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 12,396. Estimated population in July 2005: 12,809 (+3.3% change)
Males: 6,201 (50.0%), Females: 6,195 (50.0%)
Median resident age: 37.4 years
Median household income: $81,636 (year 2000)
Median house value: $193,400 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Ringwood:
- White Non-Hispanic (90.8%)
- Hispanic (4.3%)
- American Indian (1.9%)
- Black (1.6%)
- Two or more races (1.2%)
- Other race (0.7%)
- Asian Indian (0.5%)
Ancestries: Italian (26.7%), Irish (25.1%), German (23.5%), English (8.3%), Polish (8.1%), Dutch (4.3%).
New! New Jersey forum
Elevation: 470 feet
Land area: 25.2 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Ringwood
- High school or higher: 91.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 39.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 11.7%
- Unemployed: 3.8%
- Mean travel time to work: 34.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Ringwood borough
- Never married: 22.2%
- Now married: 65.8%
- Separated: 1.1%
- Widowed: 4.5%
- Divorced: 6.3%
8.7% Foreign born (6.5% Europe, 1.0% Latin America).
Population change in the 1990s: -152 (-1.2%).
NJ Home MLS Search - the MLS for Homes for Sale in Northern New Jersey. />
Properties - International Realty Bergen County New Jersey MLS />
Divorce Attorney - visitation, support. Aggressive & practical attorneys />
Hotels - Tours, Reviews, Hotel Maps Compare & Save on Hotels Today! />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: NY (7.0 miles Ramapo, pop. 108,905).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: NJ Newark, (25.5 miles pop. 273,546).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (35.9 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: NJ (4.4 miles Wanaque, NJ (4.9 miles Oakland, NY (6.7 miles Sloatsburg, NY (6.8 miles Hillburn, Lakes, NJ (6.9 miles Pompton Lakes, NJ (6.9 miles Franklin NY (7.0 miles Ramapo, NJ (7.4 miles Bloomingdale,
Latitude: 41.10 N, Longitude: 74.26 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 201
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (17.5%), Retail trade (13.2%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (13.0%), Manufacturing (12.8%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -3,720 (-30.0%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 995 (15.2%)
Crime in Ringwood by Year
|Type ||1999 ||2001 ||2002 ||2003 ||2004 |
|Murders ||0 ||1 ||0 ||1 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||8.1 ||0.0 ||8.1 ||0.0 |
|Rapes ||1 ||0 ||1 ||0 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||8.1 ||0.0 ||8.1 ||0.0 ||0.0 |
|Robberies ||2 ||1 ||0 ||1 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||16.1 ||8.1 ||0.0 ||8.1 ||0.0 |
|Assaults ||5 ||3 ||4 ||3 ||9 |
| per 100,000 ||40.3 ||24.2 ||32.3 ||24.2 ||72.6 |
|Burglaries ||14 ||24 ||16 ||27 ||22 |
| per 100,000 ||112.9 ||193.6 ||129.1 ||217.8 ||177.5 |
|Thefts ||88 ||58 ||67 ||57 ||55 |
| per 100,000 ||709.9 ||467.9 ||540.5 ||459.8 ||443.7 |
|Auto thefts ||2 ||3 ||5 ||3 ||1 |
| per 100,000 ||16.1 ||24.2 ||40.3 ||24.2 ||8.1 |
| ||53.7 ||49.5 ||43.6 ||50.9 ||45.3 |
Average climate in Ringwood, New Jersey
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Ringwood-area historical tornado activity is near New Jersey state average. It is 31% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/14/1988, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 21.7 miles away from the Ringwood city center injured one person and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 5/28/1973, a category 3 tornado 26.3 miles away from the city center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Ringwood:
- RAMAPO RIDGE PSYCH HOSP (about 10 miles; WYCKOFF, NJ)
- CHILTON MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 10 miles; POMPTON PLAINS, NJ)
- GOOD SAMARITAN HOSPITAL OF SUFFERN (about 10 miles; SUFFERN, NY)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Ringwood:
- TETERBORO (about 23 miles; TETERBORO, NJ; ID: TEB)
- NEWARK LIBERTY INTL (about 30 miles; NEWARK, NJ; ID: EWR)
- STEWART INT'L (about 30 miles; NEWBURGH, NY; ID: SWF)
Other public-use airports nearest to Ringwood:
- GREENWOOD LAKE (about 6 miles; WEST MILFORD, NJ; ID: 4N1)
- LINCOLN PARK (about 12 miles; LINCOLN PARK, NJ; ID: N07)
- WARWICK MUNI (about 13 miles; WARWICK, NY; ID: N72)
Local government website:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Ringwood:
- RAMAPO COLLEGE OF NEW JERSEY (about 7 miles; MAHWAH, NJ; Full-time enrollment: 4,076)
- ROCKLAND COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 10 miles; SUFFERN, NY; FT enrollment: 4,409)
- WILLIAM PATERSON UNIVERSITY OF NEW JERSEY (about 11 miles; WAYNE, NJ; FT enrollment: 8,017)
- PASSAIC COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 14 miles; PATERSON, NJ; FT enrollment: 2,452)
- BERGEN COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 17 miles; PARAMUS, NJ; FT enrollment: 7,733)
- MONTCLAIR STATE UNIVERSITY (about 18 miles; UPPER MONTCLAIR, NJ; FT enrollment: 10,226)
- FAIRLEIGH DICKINSON UNIVERSITY-ALL CAMPUSES (about 23 miles; TEANECK, NJ; FT enrollment: 6,482)
Public primary/middle schools in Ringwood:
- MARTIN J RYERSON (Students: 478; Location: 130 VALLEY ROAD; Grades: 06 - 08)
- ELEANOR G HEWITT (Students: 335; Location: 266 SLOATSBURG ROAD; Grades: 04 - 05)
- ROBERT ERSKINE (Students: 321; Location: 88 ERSKINE ROAD; Grades: KG - 03)
- PETER COOPER (Students: 313; Location: 54 ROGER COURT; Grades: KG - 03)
- HILL TOP LEARNING CENTER (Students: 13; Location: C/O RYERSON SCHOOL; Grades: UG - UG)
- SKYLANDS SCH-EXCEPTIONAL (Students: 9; Location: C/O RYERSON SCHOOL; Grades: UG - UG)
Private primary/middle schools in Ringwood:
- SAINT CATHERINE OF BOLOGNA (Students: 301; Location: 112 ERSKINE ROAD; Grades: PK - 8)
- RINGWOOD CHRISTIAN SCHOOL (Students: 157; Location: 30 CARLETONDALE RD; Grades: PK - 8)
Library in Ringwood:
- RINGWOOD PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $484,968; Location: 30 CANNICI DRIVE; 43,806 books; 10,385 audio materials; 808 video materials; 102 serial subscriptions)
Notable locations in Ringwood: Camp Alverna (A), Ringwood Industrial Park (B).
Church in Ringwood: Saint Catherine Catholic Church (A).
Cemetery: Erskine Cemetery (1).
Lakes, reservoirs, and swamps: Adler Pool (A), Stephens Ponds (B), Hidden Valley Lake (C), Sheppard Pond (D), Scarletelli Pond (E), Swan Pond (F), Lake Rickonda (G), Gatun Pond (H).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Ringwood Creek (A), High Mountain Brook (B), West Brook (C), Cupsaw Brook (D), Burnt Meadow Brook (E).
Park in Ringwood: Ringwood Manor State Park (1).
Ringwood compared to New Jersey state average:
- Median household income significantly above state average.
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Black race population percentage above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Number of rooms per house above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher above state average.
- Population density below state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Ringwood:
- WVNJ (1160 AM; 20 kW; OAKLAND, NJ; Owner: UNIVERSAL B/CASTING OF NEW YORK,INC.)
- WSNR (620 AM; 20 kW; JERSEY CITY, NJ)
- WABC (770 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WABC-AM RADIO, INC.)
- WMCA (570 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF NEW YORK, LLC)
- WOR (710 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BUCKLEY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WINS (1010 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WEPN (1050 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK AM RADIO, LLC)
- WADO (1280 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WADO-AM LICENSE CORP.)
- WBBR (1130 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BLOOMBERG COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WFAN (660 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WLIB (1190 AM; 30 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ICBC BROADCAST HOLDINGS-NY, INC.)
- WCBS (880 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WQEW (1560 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: THE NEW YORK TIMES ELECTRONIC MEDIA COMPANY)
Strongest FM radio stations in Ringwood:
- WRKS (98.7 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: EMMIS RADIO LICENSE CORP OF NEW YORK)
- WNEW (102.7 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WPSC-FM (88.7 FM; WAYNE, NJ; Owner: WILLIAM PATERSON COLLEGE OF N. J.)
- WPLJ (95.5 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WPLJ-FM RADIO, INC.)
- WLJP (89.3 FM; MONROE, NY; Owner: SOUND OF LIFE, INC.)
- WKCR-FM (89.9 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: TRUSTEES OF COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY IN NEW YORK)
- WMSC (90.3 FM; UPPER MONTCLAIR, NJ; Owner: MONTCLAIR STATE UNIVERSITY)
- WKTU (103.5 FM; LAKE SUCCESS, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, LLC)
- WQCD (101.9 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: EMMIS RADIO LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WAXQ (104.3 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: AMFM NEW YORK LICENSES, LLC)
- WHTZ (100.3 FM; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WWPR-FM (105.1 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WNYC-FM (93.9 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WNYC RADIO)
- WPAT-FM (93.1 FM; PATERSON, NJ; Owner: WPAT LICENSING, INC.)
- WCAA (105.9 FM; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: WADO-AM LICENSE CORP. ("WADO"))
- WBAI (99.5 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: PACIFICA FOUNDATION, INC.)
- WBLS (107.5 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ICBC BROADCAST HOLDINGS-NY, INC.)
- WLTW (106.7 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: AMFM NEW YORK LICENSES, LLC)
- WQXR-FM (96.3 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: THE NEW YORK TIMES ELECTRONIC MEDIA COMPANY)
- WSKQ-FM (97.9 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WSKQ LICENSING, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Ringwood:
- WFME-TV (Channel 66; WEST MILFORD, NJ; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- WNYW (Channel 5; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WPXO-LP (Channel 34; EAST ORANGE, NJ; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LPTV, INC.)
- WCBS-TV (Channel 2; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: CBS BROADCASTING INC.)
- WABC-TV (Channel 7; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: AMERICAN BROADCASTING COMPANIES, INC)
- WPIX (Channel 11; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WPIX, INC.)
- WWOR-TV (Channel 9; SECAUCUS, NJ; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WNJU (Channel 47; LINDEN, NJ; Owner: WNJU LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WPXN-TV (Channel 31; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WNBC (Channel 4; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NATIONAL BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WNET (Channel 13; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WXTV (Channel 41; PATERSON, NJ; Owner: WXTV LICENSE PARTNERSHIP, G.P.)
- WFUT (Channel 68; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: UNIVISION NEW YORK LLC)
- WNYE-TV (Channel 25; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK CITY BOARD OF EDUCATION)
- WXNY-LP (Channel 32; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ISLAND BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WKOB-LP (Channel 53; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WKOB COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WEBR-CA (Channel 17; MANHATTAN, NY; Owner: K LICENSEE INC.)
- WRNN-LP (Channel 57; NYACK, NY; Owner: LP NYACK LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- W68DN (Channel 68; CHERRY HILL, ETC., NJ; Owner: MARCIA COHEN)
- WMBC-TV (Channel 63; NEWTON, NJ; Owner: MOUNTAIN BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- W60AI (Channel 60; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: VENTANA TELEVISION, INC.)
- WTBY (Channel 54; POUGHKEEPSIE, NY; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING OF NEW YORK, INC.)
- WNXY-LP (Channel 26; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ISLAND BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- W33BS (Channel 33; DARIEN, CT; Owner: CT&T BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WNYN-LP (Channel 39; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ISLAND BROADCASTING COMPANY)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.