Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 86,327
Males: 41,539 (48.1%), Females: 44,788 (51.9%)
Zip codes: .
Median resident age: 39.7 years
Median household income: $55,659 (year 2000)
Median house value: $148,900 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Toms River:
- White Non-Hispanic (90.1%)
- Hispanic (4.6%)
- Black (1.8%)
- Two or more races (1.1%)
- Filipino (1.1%)
- Other race (1.0%)
- Asian Indian (0.6%)
Ancestries: Italian (31.6%), Irish (24.1%), German (18.8%), Polish (8.9%), English (8.5%), United States (2.9%).River, New Jersey
Elevation: 40 feet
Land area: 39.4 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Toms River
- High school or higher: 86.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 23.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 8.0%
- Unemployed: 4.7%
- Mean travel time to work: 31.0 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Toms River CDP
- Never married: 24.2%
- Now married: 58.1%
- Separated: 1.4%
- Widowed: 8.2%
- Divorced: 8.0%
7.1% Foreign born (3.0% Europe, 2.4% Asia, 1.5% Latin America).
Great Hotels at Yahoo - low rates, unbiased reviews, nearby restaurants, maps and more! />
Hall NJ - Renaissance from $44.95 Affordable Wedding Dreams Come True />
Falls Hotels - Tinton Falls? Find Deals & Read Hotel Reviews! />
Falls New Jersey - Low Rates & Save On Your Next Hotel Reservation />
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: City, NJ Jersey (51.9 miles pop. 240,055).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (53.0 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: Heights, NJ (2.9 miles Island Beach, NJ (3.0 miles Pine NJ (3.9 miles Beachwood, Toms River, NJ South (3.9 miles Village East, NJ (4.0 miles Leisure Gate, NJ Ocean (4.3 miles Village, NJ (4.5 miles Leisure City South, NJ (4.7 miles Holiday
Latitude: 39.98 N, Longitude: 74.17 W
Area codes: 732, 908, 848
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (23.5%), Retail trade (15.6%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -3,101 (-3.6%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 14,582 (37.1%)
Average climate in Toms River, New Jersey
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Toms River-area historical tornado activity is below New Jersey state average. It is 50% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/21/1983, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 22.7 miles away from the Toms River city center caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 6/29/1982, a category 2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 8.9 miles away from the city center caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Birthplace of: Al Leiter - 2005 Major League Baseball player (New York Yankees, born: Oct 23, 1965), Darian Barnes - 2005 NFL player (Dallas Cowboys, born: Feb 28, 1980).
Main business address for: OCEANFIRST FINANCIAL CORP (SAVINGS INSTITUTION, FEDERALLY CHARTERED).
Hospitals/medical centers in Toms River:
- COMMUNITY MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (99 RT 37 WEST)
- HEALTHSOUTH GARDEN STATE REHAB HOSP (14 HOSPITAL DRIVE)
- SHORELINE BEHAVIORAL CENTER (1691 HIGHWAY 9)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Toms River:
- LAKEHURST NAES /MAXFIELD FIELD (about 14 miles; LAKEHURST, NJ; ID: NEL)
- MC GUIRE AFB (about 29 miles; WRIGHTSTOWN, NJ; ID: WRI)
- ATLANTIC CITY INTERNATIONAL (about 46 miles; ATLANTIC CITY, NJ; ID: ACY)
Other public-use airports nearest to Toms River:
- LAKEWOOD (about 7 miles; LAKEWOOD, NJ; ID: N12)
- ROBERT J. MILLER AIR PARK (about 10 miles; TOMS RIVER, NJ; ID: MJX)
- MONMOUTH EXECUTIVE (about 15 miles; BELMAR/FARMINGDALE, NJ; ID: BLM)
Colleges/Universities in Toms River:
- OCEAN COUNTY COLLEGE (Full-time enrollment: 4,651; Location: COLLEGE DRIVE; Public; Website: www.ocean.cc.nj.us/)
- OCEAN COUNTY VOCATIONAL POST SECONDARY DIVISION (FT enrollment: 177; Location: 137 BEY LEA RD; Public; Website: www.ocvts.org)
Other colleges/universities with over 2000 students near Toms River:
- BETH MEDRASH GOVOHA (about 8 miles; LAKEWOOD, NJ; Full-time enrollment: 2,823)
- MONMOUTH UNIVERSITY (about 24 miles; WEST LONG BRANCH, NJ; FT enrollment: 4,613)
- BROOKDALE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 25 miles; LINCROFT, NJ; FT enrollment: 7,533)
- BURLINGTON COUNTY COLLEGE (about 35 miles; PEMBERTON, NJ; FT enrollment: 3,751)
- MIDDLESEX COUNTY COLLEGE (about 36 miles; EDISON, NJ; FT enrollment: 6,739)
- MERCER COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 38 miles; West Windsor, NJ; FT enrollment: 4,445)
- DEVRY INSTITUTE (about 40 miles; NORTH BRUNSWICK, NJ; FT enrollment: 2,897)
Public high schools in Toms River:
- TOMS RIVER HIGH NORTH (Students: 2,359; Location: 1245 OLD FREEHOLD ROAD; Grades: 09 - 12)
- TOMS RIVER HIGH EAST (Students: 1,845; Location: 1225 RAIDER WAY; Grades: 09 - 12)
- TOMS RIVER HIGH SOUTH (Students: 1,570; Location: 55 HYERS STREET; Grades: 09 - 12)
- TOMS RIVER CENTER (Students: 61; Location: 1299 OLD FREEHOLD ROAD; Grades: 09 - 12)
Private high school in Toms River:
- SEA BREEZE SCHOOL (Students: 5; Location: 1258 BLACK BIRCH CT; Grades: 8 - 12)
Biggest public primary/middle schools in Toms River:
- TOMS RIVER INTERMEDIATE E (Students: 1,660; Location: 1519 HOOPER AVENUE; Grades: 07 - 08)
- TOMS RIVER INTERMEDIATE W (Students: 1,363; Location: 150 INTERMEDIATE WEST WAY; Grades: 07 - 08)
- CEDAR GROVE ELEM (Students: 1,113; Location: 179 CEDAR GROVE ROAD; Grades: KG - 06)
- EAST DOVER ELEM (Students: 1,059; Location: 725 VAUGN AVENUE; Grades: KG - 06)
- WALNUT STREET ELEM (Students: 1,028; Location: 60 WALNUT STREET; Grades: KG - 06)
- HOOPER AVE ELEM (Students: 995; Location: 1451 HOOPER AVENUE; Grades: KG - 06)
- SILVER BAY ELEMENTARY (Students: 919; Location: 100 SILVER BAY ROAD; Grades: KG - 06)
- NORTH DOVER ELEM (Students: 797; Location: 1759 NEW HAMPSHIRE ROAD; Grades: KG - 06)
- JOSEPH A. CITTA ELEM (Students: 792; Location: 2050 LAKEWOOD ROAD; Grades: KG - 06)
- WEST DOVER ELEM (Students: 576; Location: 50 BLUE JAY DRIVE; Grades: KG - 06)
Private primary/middle schools in Toms River:
- ST JOSEPH (Students: 913; Location: 711 HOOPER AVENUE; Grades: KG - 8)
- AMBASSADOR CHRISTIAN ACADEMY (Students: 226; Location: 700 MAIN STREET; Grades: PK - 8)
- TOMS RIVER NURSERY SCHOOL (Students: 164; Location: 420 OLD FREEHOLD ROAD; Grades: PK - KG)
- GRACE & PEACE ACAD & PRESCHOOL (Students: 120; Location: 1563 OLD FREEHOLD RD; Grades: PK - 3)
- SAND CASTLES EARLY CHILDHOOD (Students: 74; Location: 368 LAKEHURST ROAD; Grades: PK - KG)
- HILLTOP NURS & KNG SCH (Students: 14; Location: 1917 ROUTE 37 WEST; Grades: KG - KG)
Library in Toms River:
- OCEAN COUNTY LIBRARY (Operating income: $19,906,974; Location: 101 WASHINGTON STREET; 999,709 books; 81,705 audio materials; 55,003 video materials; 2,087 serial subscriptions)
Notable locations in Toms River: Toms River Industrial Park (A), Toms River Country Club (B), Ocean County Library (C), Ocean County Courthouse (D), Toms River Seaport Society and Maritime Museum (E).
Shopping Center: Ocean County Mall Shopping Center (1).
Churches in Toms River include: Christ Episcopal Church (A), First United Methodist Church (B), Toms River Church of Christ (C), Toms River Church of God (D), Presbyterian Church of Toms River (E), Saint Barbara Church (F), Saint Joseph's Roman Catholic Church (G), First Church of Christ Scientist (H).
Cemeteries: Saint Marys Cemetery (1), Toms River Cemetery (2), Saint Joseph Cemetery (3), Riverside Cemetery (4), B'Nai Israel Memorial Park (5), Ocean County Memorial Park (6).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Applegate Creek (A), Slab Branch (B), Tide Creek (C), Long Swamp Creek (D).
Parks in Toms River include: Cattus Island County Park (1), Winding River Park (2), Skyview Park (3), Riverwood Park (4), Shelter Cove Park (5), Huddy Park (6), Bay Lea Park (7).
Post office: (A).
Toms River compared to New Jersey state average:
- Median household income above state average.
- Median house value above state average.
- Black race population percentage above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Toms River:
- WOBM (1160 AM; 9 kW; LAKEWOOD TOWNSHIP, NJ; Owner: NORTH SHORE BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WMCA (570 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF NEW YORK, LLC)
- WOR (710 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BUCKLEY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WFAN (660 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WABC (770 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WABC-AM RADIO, INC.)
- WINS (1010 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WEPN (1050 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK AM RADIO, LLC)
- WBBR (1130 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BLOOMBERG COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WPHT (1210 AM; 50 kW; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WCBS (880 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WWJZ (640 AM; 50 kW; MOUNT HOLLY, NJ; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WADO (1280 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WADO-AM LICENSE CORP.)
- WQEW (1560 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: THE NEW YORK TIMES ELECTRONIC MEDIA COMPANY)
Strongest FM radio stations in Toms River:
- W264AM (100.7 FM; TOMS RIVER, NJ; Owner: JERSEY SHORE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WOBM-FM (92.7 FM; TOMS RIVER, NJ; Owner: SEASHORE BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WJRZ-FM (100.1 FM; MANAHAWKIN, NJ; Owner: JERSEY SHORE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WWNJ (91.1 FM; DOVER TOWNSHIP, NJ; Owner: MERCER COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE)
- WBBO (98.5 FM; OCEAN ACRES, NJ; Owner: MILLENNIUM SHORE LICENSE HOLDCO, LLC)
- WJLK-FM (94.3 FM; ASBURY PARK, NJ; Owner: MILLENNIUM SHORE LICENSE HOLDCO, LLC)
- WCHR-FM (105.7 FM; MANAHAWKIN, NJ; Owner: NASSAU BROADCASTING II, L.L.C.)
- WHTG-FM (106.3 FM; EATONTOWN, NJ; Owner: PRESS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- WRAT (95.9 FM; POINT PLEASANT, NJ; Owner: THE SENTINEL PUBLISHING CO.)
- WNJM (89.9 FM; MANAHAWKIN, NJ; Owner: NEW JERSEY PUBLIC BROADCASTING AUTH.)
- WNYC-FM (93.9 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WNYC RADIO)
- WPAT-FM (93.1 FM; PATERSON, NJ; Owner: WPAT LICENSING, INC.)
- WKXW-FM (101.5 FM; TRENTON, NJ; Owner: MILLENNIUM CENTRAL NEW JERSEY LICENSE HOLDCO, LLC)
- W300AO (107.9 FM; MANAHAWKIN, NJ; Owner: JERSEY SHORE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WWZY (107.1 FM; LONG BRANCH, NJ; Owner: PRESS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- WBJB-FM (90.5 FM; LINCROFT, NJ; Owner: BROOKDALE COMMUNITY COLLEGE)
- WYRS (90.7 FM; MANAHAWKIN, NJ; Owner: PENN JERSEY EDUCATIONAL RADIO CORP.)
TV broadcast stations around Toms River:
- WNYW (Channel 5; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WCBS-TV (Channel 2; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: CBS BROADCASTING INC.)
- WWSI (Channel 62; ATLANTIC CITY, NJ; Owner: HISPANIC BROADCASTERS OF PHILADELPHIA, L.L.C.)
- WABC-TV (Channel 7; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: AMERICAN BROADCASTING COMPANIES, INC)
- WPIX (Channel 11; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WPIX, INC.)
- WWOR-TV (Channel 9; SECAUCUS, NJ; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WPXN-TV (Channel 31; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WNBC (Channel 4; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NATIONAL BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WNET (Channel 13; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WXTV (Channel 41; PATERSON, NJ; Owner: WXTV LICENSE PARTNERSHIP, G.P.)
- WNJU (Channel 47; LINDEN, NJ; Owner: WNJU LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WUVP (Channel 65; VINELAND, NJ; Owner: UNIVISION PHILADELPHIA LLC)
- WNJT (Channel 52; TRENTON, NJ; Owner: NEW JERSEY PUBLIC BROADCASTING AUTHORITY)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.