Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 9,064
Males: 4,340 (47.9%), Females: 4,724 (52.1%)
Median resident age: 39.1 years
Median household income: $33,563 (year 2000)
Median house value: $78,700 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Villas:
- White Non-Hispanic (95.1%)
- Hispanic (2.4%)
- Black (1.2%)
- Two or more races (0.9%)
- Other race (0.9%)
- American Indian (0.5%)
Ancestries: Irish (32.3%), German (23.6%), Italian (17.7%), English (12.6%), Polish (7.0%), United States (3.2%).New Jersey
Elevation: 10 feet
Land area: 4.0 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Villas
- High school or higher: 72.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 9.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.7%
- Unemployed: 12.2%
- Mean travel time to work: 26.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Villas CDP
- Never married: 22.3%
- Now married: 53.0%
- Separated: 2.8%
- Widowed: 9.5%
- Divorced: 12.4%
2.1% Foreign born (1.6% Europe, 0.2% North America).
Michaels Real Estate - Vacation and 2nd Homes Search our listings and mris />
City New Jersey - Hotel Rates, Photos & Reviews Find Great Deals with Yahoo! Travel />
May Hotels - Cape May? Find Deals & Read Hotel Reviews! />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: NJ Vineland, (32.3 miles pop. 56,271).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: PA Philadelphia, (69.2 miles pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: Cape May, NJ (2.9 miles North NJ (3.6 miles Erma, Grande, NJ (4.1 miles Rio NJ (5.4 miles Whitesboro-Burleigh, Cape May, NJ (5.6 miles West May Point, NJ Cape (6.0 miles May, NJ Cape (6.0 miles Beach, NJ (7.2 miles Diamond
Latitude: 39.02 N, Longitude: 74.94 W
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (19.4%), Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (17.3%), Retail trade (15.7%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -2,537 (-28.0%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 352 (10.2%)
Average climate in Villas, New Jersey
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Villas-area historical tornado activity is slightly below New Jersey state average. It is 45% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/27/1971, a category 2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 6.9 miles away from the Villas city center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 5/6/1956, a category 2 tornado 17.6 miles away from the city center caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Villas:
- BURDETE TOMLIN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 9 miles; CAPE MAY COURT HOUSE, NJ)
- BEEBE MEDICAL CENTER (about 25 miles; LEWES, DE)
- SHORE MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 32 miles; SOMERS POINT, NJ)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Villas:
- DOVER AFB (about 37 miles; DOVER, DE; ID: DOV)
- ATLANTIC CITY INTERNATIONAL (about 40 miles; ATLANTIC CITY, NJ; ID: ACY)
- SALISBURY-OCEAN CITY WICOMICO REGIONAL (about 62 miles; SALISBURY, MD; ID: SBY)
Other public-use airports nearest to Villas:
- CAPE MAY COUNTY (about 3 miles; WILDWOOD, NJ; ID: WWD)
- WOODBINE MUNI (about 18 miles; WOODBINE, NJ; ID: 1N4)
- MILLVILLE MUNI (about 26 miles; MILLVILLE, NJ; ID: MIV)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Villas:
- ATLANTIC CAPE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 34 miles; MAYS LANDING, NJ; Full-time enrollment: 3,086)
- DELAWARE TECHNICAL AND COMMUNITY COLLEGE-OWENS (about 40 miles; GEORGETOWN, DE; FT enrollment: 2,053)
- DELAWARE STATE UNIVERSITY (about 41 miles; Dover, DE; FT enrollment: 2,641)
- THE RICHARD STOCKTON COLLEGE OF NEW JERSEY (about 42 miles; POMONA, NJ; FT enrollment: 5,526)
- ROWAN UNIVERSITY (about 49 miles; GLASSBORO, NJ; FT enrollment: 7,587)
- GLOUCESTER COUNTY COLLEGE (about 52 miles; SEWELL, NJ; FT enrollment: 3,135)
- CAMDEN COUNTY COLLEGE (about 54 miles; BLACKWOOD, NJ; FT enrollment: 7,662)
Public primary/middle school in Villas:
- MEMORIAL SCHOOL (Students: 404; Location: 2600 BAYSHORE RD; Grades: PK - KG)
Private primary/middle school in Villas:
- ST RAYMOND REGIONAL SCHOOL (Students: 199; Location: 25 E OCEAN AVE; Grades: KG - 8)
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Mickels Run (A), Fulling Mill Stream (B), Fishing Creek (C).
Beach: Miami Beach (A).
Villas compared to New Jersey state average:
- Unemployed percentage above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage above state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Villas:
- WVCH (740 AM; 50 kW; CHESTER, PA; Owner: WVCH COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WPEN (950 AM; 50 kW; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: GREATER PHILADELPHIA RADIO, INC.)
- WCMC (1230 AM; 1 kW; WILDWOOD, NJ; Owner: EQUITY COMMUNICATIONS, L.P.)
- WPHT (1210 AM; 50 kW; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WZZD (990 AM; 50 kW; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: PENNSYLVANIA MEDIA ASSOCIATES, INC.)
- WWJZ (640 AM; 50 kW; MOUNT HOLLY, NJ; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- KYW (1060 AM; 50 kW; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WJWL (900 AM; 11 kW; GEORGETOWN, DE; Owner: GREAT SCOTT BROADCASTING)
- WNWR (1540 AM; 50 kW; PHILADELPHIA, PA)
- WMCA (570 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF NEW YORK, LLC)
- WCBM (680 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WCBM MARYLAND, INC.)
- WBIS (1190 AM; 50 kW; ANNAPOLIS, MD; Owner: NATIONS RADIO, LLC)
- WOR (710 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BUCKLEY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
Strongest FM radio stations in Villas:
- WBNJ (93.1 FM; WILDWOOD CREST, NJ; Owner: EQUITY COMMUNICATIONS, L.P.)
- WDOX (106.7 FM; NORTH CAPE MAY, NJ; Owner: WJNN, INC.)
- WWCJ (89.1 FM; CAPE MAY, NJ; Owner: MERCER COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE)
- WCZT (98.7 FM; VILLAS, NJ; Owner: WZK, LLC)
- WGBZ (105.5 FM; CAPE MAY COURT HOUSE, NJ; Owner: EQUITY COMMUNICATIONS, L.P.)
- WNJZ (90.3 FM; CAPE MAY COURT HOUSE, NJ; Owner: NEW JERSEY PUBLIC BROADCASTING AUTHORITY)
- WWZK (94.3 FM; AVALON, NJ; Owner: COASTAL BROADCASTING SYSTEMS, INC.)
- WZXL (100.7 FM; WILDWOOD, NJ; Owner: EQUITY COMMUNICATIONS, L.P.)
- WIXM (97.3 FM; MILLVILLE, NJ; Owner: MILLENNIUM ATLANTIC CITY II LICENSE HOLDCO, LLC)
- WRTQ (91.3 FM; OCEAN CITY, NJ; Owner: TEMPLE U. OF THE COMMONWEALTH SYSTEM)
- WKOE (106.3 FM; OCEAN CITY, NJ; Owner: OCEAN COMMUNICATIONS)
- WTKU (98.3 FM; OCEAN CITY, NJ; Owner: SOUTH JERSEY RADIO, INC.)
- WJSE (102.7 FM; PETERSBURG, NJ; Owner: PARINELLO ENTERPRISES, INC.)
- W222AL (92.3 FM; CAPE MAY, NJ; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Villas:
- WMGM-TV (Channel 40; WILDWOOD, NJ; Owner: SOUTH JERSEY RADIO, INC.)
- W05AX (Channel 5; CAPE MAY, NJ; Owner: WILDWOOD FIVE TELEVISION)
- WUVP (Channel 65; VINELAND, NJ; Owner: UNIVISION PHILADELPHIA LLC)
- WMCN-TV (Channel 53; ATLANTIC CITY, NJ; Owner: LENFEST BROADCASTING, LLC)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.