Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 26,410
Males: 13,224 (50.1%), Females: 13,186 (49.9%)
Median resident age: 37.0 years
Median household income: $74,124 (year 2000)
Median house value: $171,200 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in West Milford:
- White Non-Hispanic (92.7%)
- Hispanic (3.4%)
- Two or more races (1.4%)
- American Indian (1.2%)
- Black (1.2%)
- Other race (0.6%)
Ancestries: Italian (26.3%), Irish (25.4%), German (24.7%), English (10.5%), Polish (9.7%), Dutch (6.3%).
New! Milford, New Jersey forum
Elevation: 710 feet
Land area: 75.4 square miles
For population 25 years and over in West Milford
- High school or higher: 89.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 27.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 8.0%
- Unemployed: 4.3%
- Mean travel time to work: 38.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in West Milford CDP
- Never married: 22.5%
- Now married: 64.6%
- Separated: 1.1%
- Widowed: 5.0%
- Divorced: 6.7%
5.8% Foreign born (3.7% Europe, 1.0% Latin America, 0.8% Asia).
Hotels - Tours, Reviews, Hotel Maps Compare & Save on Hotels Today! />
Laurel Hotels - to find great deals? Compare low hotel rates before you book. />
Real Estate For Sale - Property For Sale Nation Wide Realty Access MLS (Official Site) />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: NY (14.8 miles Ramapo, pop. 108,905).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: NJ Newark, (29.8 miles pop. 273,546).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (43.0 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: Lake, NJ (6.5 miles Highland NJ (8.1 miles Bloomingdale, NJ (8.5 miles Wanaque, NJ (8.6 miles Butler, NJ Ringwood, (8.6 miles NJ (8.9 miles Kinnelon, NY (9.5 miles Warwick, .
Latitude: 41.12 N, Longitude: 74.38 W
Area code: 973
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (18.4%), Manufacturing (13.8%), Retail trade (11.7%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (10.7%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -8,778 (-33.2%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 2,648 (19.0%)
Average climate in West Milford, New Jersey
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
West Milford-area historical tornado activity is near New Jersey state average. It is 30% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/14/1988, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 15.8 miles away from the West Milford city center injured one person and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 5/28/1973, a category 3 tornado 23.4 miles away from the city center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near West Milford:
- ST ANTHONY COMMUNITY HOSPITAL (about 10 miles; WARWICK, NY)
- CHILTON MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 13 miles; POMPTON PLAINS, NJ)
- WAYNE GENERAL HOSPITAL (about 16 miles; WAYNE, NJ)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to West Milford:
- TETERBORO (about 30 miles; TETERBORO, NJ; ID: TEB)
- STEWART INT'L (about 33 miles; NEWBURGH, NY; ID: SWF)
- NEWARK LIBERTY INTL (about 34 miles; NEWARK, NJ; ID: EWR)
Other public-use airports nearest to West Milford:
- GREENWOOD LAKE (about 4 miles; WEST MILFORD, NJ; ID: 4N1)
- WARWICK MUNI (about 14 miles; WARWICK, NY; ID: N72)
- LINCOLN PARK (about 14 miles; LINCOLN PARK, NJ; ID: N07)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to West Milford:
- WILLIAM PATERSON UNIVERSITY OF NEW JERSEY (about 16 miles; WAYNE, NJ; Full-time enrollment: 8,017)
- RAMAPO COLLEGE OF NEW JERSEY (about 16 miles; MAHWAH, NJ; FT enrollment: 4,076)
- ROCKLAND COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 18 miles; SUFFERN, NY; FT enrollment: 4,409)
- PASSAIC COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 21 miles; PATERSON, NJ; FT enrollment: 2,452)
- MONTCLAIR STATE UNIVERSITY (about 23 miles; UPPER MONTCLAIR, NJ; FT enrollment: 10,226)
- COUNTY COLLEGE OF MORRIS (about 23 miles; RANDOLPH, NJ; FT enrollment: 5,202)
- ORANGE COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 24 miles; MIDDLETOWN, NY; FT enrollment: 3,486)
Public high school in West Milford:
- WEST MILFORD HIGH (Students: 1,450; Location: 67 HIGHLANDER DRIVE; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in West Milford:
- MACOPIN (Students: 811; Location: 70 HIGHLANDER DRIVE; Grades: 07 - 08)
- WEST BROOK (Students: 507; Location: 55 NOSENZO POND ROAD; Grades: PK - 06)
- MARSHALL HILL (Students: 456; Location: 210 MARSHALL HILL ROAD; Grades: PK - 06)
- MAPLE ROAD (Students: 393; Location: 36 MAPLE ROAD; Grades: KG - 06)
- APSHAWA (Students: 352; Location: 140 HIGH CREST DRIVE; Grades: KG - 06)
Private primary/middle school in West Milford:
- ST JOSEPH SCHOOL (Students: 203; Location: 484 GERMANTOWN ROAD; Grades: PK - 8)
Library in West Milford:
- WEST MILFORD TOWNSHIP LIBRARY (Operating income: $679,016; Location: 1490 UNION VALLEY ROAD; 37,479 books; 1,395 audio materials; 778 video materials; 154 serial subscriptions)
Notable location: Camp Hope (A).
Churches in West Milford include: Church of the Incarnation (A), West Milford Presbyterian Church (B), Greenwood Church (C), Our Lady Queen of Peace Church (D), Echo Lake Church (E), Saint Joseph Church (F).
Cemeteries: Turner Cemetery (1), Cedar Heights Cemetery (2), Vreeland Cemetery (3).
Lakes and reservoirs: West Pond (A), Buckabear Pond (B), Reflection Lake (C), Surprise Lake (D), Tallmans Pond (E), Vreeland Pond (F), Leeper Pond (G), Green Turtle Lake (H).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Apshawa Brook (A), Sawmill Pond Brook (B), Beech Brook (C), Belcher Creek (D), Matthews Brook (E), Green Brook (F), Hewitt Brook (G), Cooley Brook (H), Dunker Brook (I).
Parks in West Milford include: Longpond Ironworks State Park (1), Browns Point (2), Wanaque Wildlife Management Area (3), San Cap County Park (4).
West Milford compared to New Jersey state average:
- Median household income above state average.
- Median house value above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Population density below state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in West Milford:
- WSNR (620 AM; 20 kW; JERSEY CITY, NJ)
- WVNJ (1160 AM; 20 kW; OAKLAND, NJ; Owner: UNIVERSAL B/CASTING OF NEW YORK,INC.)
- WABC (770 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WABC-AM RADIO, INC.)
- WMCA (570 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF NEW YORK, LLC)
- WOR (710 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BUCKLEY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WINS (1010 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WEPN (1050 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK AM RADIO, LLC)
- WADO (1280 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WADO-AM LICENSE CORP.)
- WBBR (1130 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BLOOMBERG COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WFAN (660 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WLIB (1190 AM; 30 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ICBC BROADCAST HOLDINGS-NY, INC.)
- WCBS (880 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WQEW (1560 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: THE NEW YORK TIMES ELECTRONIC MEDIA COMPANY)
Strongest FM radio stations in West Milford:
- WSUS (102.3 FM; FRANKLIN, NJ; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WNJP (88.5 FM; SUSSEX, NJ; Owner: NEW JERSEY PUBLIC BROADCASTING AUTH.)
- WRKS (98.7 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: EMMIS RADIO LICENSE CORP OF NEW YORK)
- WNEW (102.7 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WLJP (89.3 FM; MONROE, NY; Owner: SOUND OF LIFE, INC.)
- WPLJ (95.5 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WPLJ-FM RADIO, INC.)
- WFKP (99.3 FM; ELLENVILLE, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WKCR-FM (89.9 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: TRUSTEES OF COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY IN NEW YORK)
- WKTU (103.5 FM; LAKE SUCCESS, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, LLC)
- WQCD (101.9 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: EMMIS RADIO LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WNYC-FM (93.9 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WNYC RADIO)
- WPSC-FM (88.7 FM; WAYNE, NJ; Owner: WILLIAM PATERSON COLLEGE OF N. J.)
- WMSC (90.3 FM; UPPER MONTCLAIR, NJ; Owner: MONTCLAIR STATE UNIVERSITY)
- WPAT-FM (93.1 FM; PATERSON, NJ; Owner: WPAT LICENSING, INC.)
- WAXQ (104.3 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: AMFM NEW YORK LICENSES, LLC)
- WHTZ (100.3 FM; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WWPR-FM (105.1 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WCAA (105.9 FM; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: WADO-AM LICENSE CORP. ("WADO"))
- WBAI (99.5 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: PACIFICA FOUNDATION, INC.)
- WBLS (107.5 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ICBC BROADCAST HOLDINGS-NY, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around West Milford:
- WFME-TV (Channel 66; WEST MILFORD, NJ; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- WNYW (Channel 5; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WPXO-LP (Channel 34; EAST ORANGE, NJ; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LPTV, INC.)
- WCBS-TV (Channel 2; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: CBS BROADCASTING INC.)
- WMBC-TV (Channel 63; NEWTON, NJ; Owner: MOUNTAIN BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WABC-TV (Channel 7; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: AMERICAN BROADCASTING COMPANIES, INC)
- WPIX (Channel 11; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WPIX, INC.)
- WWOR-TV (Channel 9; SECAUCUS, NJ; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WPXN-TV (Channel 31; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WNJU (Channel 47; LINDEN, NJ; Owner: WNJU LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WNBC (Channel 4; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NATIONAL BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WNET (Channel 13; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WXTV (Channel 41; PATERSON, NJ; Owner: WXTV LICENSE PARTNERSHIP, G.P.)
- WFUT (Channel 68; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: UNIVISION NEW YORK LLC)
- WNYE-TV (Channel 25; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK CITY BOARD OF EDUCATION)
- WXNY-LP (Channel 32; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ISLAND BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WKOB-LP (Channel 53; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WKOB COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WEBR-CA (Channel 17; MANHATTAN, NY; Owner: K LICENSEE INC.)
- WRNN-LP (Channel 57; NYACK, NY; Owner: LP NYACK LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- W36AZ (Channel 36; SUSSEX, NJ; Owner: NEW JERSEY PUBLIC B/CING. AUTHORITY)
- W60AI (Channel 60; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: VENTANA TELEVISION, INC.)
- W68DN (Channel 68; CHERRY HILL, ETC., NJ; Owner: MARCIA COHEN)
- WTBY (Channel 54; POUGHKEEPSIE, NY; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING OF NEW YORK, INC.)
- WNXY-LP (Channel 26; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ISLAND BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- W54CZ (Channel 54; MORRISTOWN, NJ; Owner: WLNY-TV, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.