Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 8,156
Males: 3,926 (48.1%), Females: 4,230 (51.9%)
Median resident age: 24.9 years
Median household income: $24,523 (year 2000)
Median house value: $34,000 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Shiprock:
- American Indian (97.4%)
- White Non-Hispanic (2.0%)
- Hispanic (1.3%)
- Two or more races (0.7%)
New! New Mexico forum
Elevation: 4900 feet
Land area: 15.9 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Shiprock
- High school or higher: 66.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 6.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.7%
- Unemployed: 15.6%
- Mean travel time to work: 24.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Shiprock CDP
- Never married: 39.5%
- Now married: 43.5%
- Separated: 2.7%
- Widowed: 4.6%
- Divorced: 9.7%
0.5% Foreign born
NM B&B Inn - New Mexico's finest. Visit Chaco, Mesa Verde, Monument V />
Mexico Land For Sale - Land in New Mexico. Buy Online. Financing Available. />
Hotels - Tours, Reviews, Hotel Maps Compare & Save on Hotels Today! />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Rancho, NM Rio (173.4 miles pop. 51,765).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: NM Albuquerque, (184.1 miles pop. 448,607).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: AZ Phoenix, (324.3 miles pop. 1,321,045).
Nearest cities: NM (19.1 miles Nenahnezad, NM (22.6 miles Beclabito, Amarillo, NM (22.9 miles Ojo NM (23.6 miles Kirtland, Fruitland, NM (27.2 miles Upper NM (28.0 miles Sanostee, CO Towaoc, (28.7 miles Nos Pos, AZ (29.0 miles Teec
Latitude: 36.79 N, Longitude: 108.69 W
Area code: 505
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (31.7%), Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (11.3%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +645 (+7.9%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,254 (57.7%)
Average climate in Shiprock, New Mexico
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Hospital/medical center in Shiprock:
- PHS INDIAN HOSPITAL (P O BOX 160)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Shiprock:
- LIFECOURSE CENTER FOR REHAB SERVICES (about 37 miles; FARMINGTON, NM)
- SAN JUAN REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER INC (about 37 miles; FARMINGTON, NM)
- SOUTHWEST HEALTH SYSTEM INC (about 39 miles; CORTEZ, CO)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Shiprock:
- FOUR CORNERS REGIONAL (about 33 miles; FARMINGTON, NM; ID: FMN)
- CORTEZ MUNI (about 36 miles; CORTEZ, CO; ID: CEZ)
- DURANGO-LA PLATA COUNTY (about 70 miles; DURANGO, CO; ID: DRO)
Other public-use airports nearest to Shiprock:
- SHIPROCK AIRSTRIP (about 8 miles; SHIPROCK, NM; ID: 5V5)
- AZTEC MUNI (about 47 miles; AZTEC, NM; ID: Q19)
- ANIMAS AIR PARK (about 64 miles; DURANGO, CO; ID: 00C)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Shiprock:
- SAN JUAN COLLEGE (about 38 miles; FARMINGTON, NM; Full-time enrollment: 2,837)
- FORT LEWIS COLLEGE (about 68 miles; DURANGO, CO; FT enrollment: 4,051)
- MESA STATE COLLEGE (about 157 miles; GRAND JUNCTION, CO; FT enrollment: 4,415)
- NORTHLAND PIONEER COLLEGE (about 163 miles; HOLBROOK, AZ; FT enrollment: 2,177)
- WESTERN STATE COLLEGE COLORADO (about 179 miles; GUNNISON, CO; FT enrollment: 2,199)
- UNIVERSITY OF NEW MEXICO-MAIN CAMPUS (about 184 miles; ALBUQUERQUE, NM; FT enrollment: 18,780)
- UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX-ALBUQUERQUE NM CAMPUS (about 185 miles; ALBUQUERQUE, NM; FT enrollment: 3,261)
Public high schools in Shiprock:
- SHIPROCK HIGH (Students: 882; Location: HWY 64 WEST; Grades: 09 - 12)
- SHIPROCK NORTHWEST HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 193; Location: P.O. BOX 1809; Grades: 09 - 12)
- CAREER PREP HS (Students: 134; Location: WEST HWY 64; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Shiprock:
- TSE'BIT'AI MID (Students: 498; Location: HWY 64 WEST; Grades: 07 - 08)
- EVA B. STOKELY ELEM (Students: 373; Location: W. HWY 64; Grades: 04 - 12)
- NATAANI NEZ ELEM. (Students: 358; Location: HWY 64; Grades: PK - 03)
- NIZHONI ELEM (Students: 310; Location: SOUTH HWY 666; Grades: PK - 04)
- ATSA’BI’YAAZH COMMUNITY SCHOOL (Students: 281; Location: PO BOX 1809; Grades: KG - 08)
- MESA ELEMENTARY (Students: 216; Location: NORTH HWY 666; Grades: 04 - 06)
- BECLABITO DAY SCHOOL (Students: 77; Location: P.O. BOX 1200; Grades: KG - 04)
- SHIPROCK ALTERNATIVE DORMITORY (Students: 10; Location: PINON STREET, PO BOX 1109; Grades: 01 - 12)
- HOMEBOUND/HOSPITAL (Students: 7; Location: HWY 64 OLD SCHOOL RD.; Grades: KG - 12)
| || |
Notable locations in Shiprock: Hogback Ruin Historic Site (A), Mitten Rock Archaeological District (B), Pictured Cliffs Historic Site (C), Shiprock Weather Station (D), Shiprock Community Health Center Library (E), Navajo Community College Library (F). their locations on the map
Churches in Shiprock include: Blue Gap/Four Corners United Methodist Church (A), Shiprock United Methodist Church (B), Mesa View Assembly Church (C), First Baptist Church (D), Beclabito Chapel (E). their locations on the map
Cemetery: Shiprock Cemetery (1). its location on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Baker Arroyo (A), Rattlesnake Wash (B). their locations on the map
Post office: (A). its location on the map
Shiprock compared to New Mexico state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Median age significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
- Population density below state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Shiprock:
- KTNN (660 AM; 50 kW; WINDOW ROCK, AZ; Owner: THE NAVAJO NATION)
- KHAC (880 AM; 43 kW; TSE BONITO, NM; Owner: WESTERN INDIAN MINISTRIES, INC.)
- KENN (1390 AM; 10 kW; FARMINGTON, NM; Owner: WINTON ROAD BROADCASTING CO, LLC)
- KNDN (960 AM; 5 kW; FARMINGTON, NM; Owner: BASIN BROADCASTING CO.)
- KRZE (1280 AM; 5 kW; FARMINGTON, NM; Owner: J. THOMAS DEVELOPMENT OF NM, INC.)
- KNZZ (1100 AM; 50 kW; GRAND JUNCTION, CO; Owner: M B C GRAND BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KKOB (770 AM; 50 kW; ALBUQUERQUE, NM; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KLLV (550 AM; daytime; 2 kW; BREEN, CO; Owner: DAYSTAR RADIO, LTD.)
- KIUP (930 AM; 5 kW; DURANGO, CO; Owner: FOUR CORNERS BROADCASTING, LLC)
- KVFC (740 AM; 1 kW; CORTEZ, CO; Owner: WINTON ROAD BROADCASTING CO., LLC)
- KMIA (710 AM; 50 kW; BLACK CANYON CITY, AZ; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KJOL (620 AM; 10 kW; GRAND JUNCTION, CO; Owner: UNITED MINISTRIES)
- KLTT (670 AM; 50 kW; COMMERCE CITY, CO; Owner: KLZ RADIO, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Shiprock:
- KRTZ (98.7 FM; CORTEZ, CO; Owner: WINTON ROAD BROADCASTING CO., LLC)
- K289AD (105.7 FM; CHINLE, AZ; Owner: PROCLAIMING CHRIST'S LOVE MINISTRIES)
- K232DA (94.3 FM; HESPERUS, CO; Owner: NATIVE AMERICAN CHRISTIAN VOICE, INC.)
- K237CR (95.3 FM; HESPERUS, CO; Owner: NATIVE AMERICAN CHRISTIAN VOICE, INC.)
- KNMI (88.9 FM; FARMINGTON, NM; Owner: NAVAJO MISSIONS, INC.)
- KISZ-FM1 (97.9 FM; FARMINGTON, NM; Owner: WINTON ROAD BROADCASTING CO, LLC)
- K287AC (105.3 FM; FARMINGTON, NM; Owner: KUTE, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Shiprock:
- K48AW (Channel 48; SHIPROCK, NM; Owner: THE NAVAJO NATION)
- K08HQ (Channel 8; CHINLE, AZ; Owner: KOB-TV, LLC)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.