Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 8,230. Estimated population in July 2005: 8,216 (-0.2% change)
Males: 3,885 (47.2%), Females: 4,345 (52.8%)
Median resident age: 30.4 years
Median household income: $38,818 (year 2000)
Median house value: $82,700 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Allegany:
- White Non-Hispanic (95.8%)
- Hispanic (0.9%)
- Two or more races (0.9%)
- Black (0.8%)
- Asian Indian (0.7%)
- American Indian (0.7%)
Ancestries: German (32.1%), Irish (26.8%), Italian (14.7%), English (11.2%), Polish (9.0%), United States (3.2%).New York forum
Land area: 0.7 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Allegany
- High school or higher: 91.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 25.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 12.3%
- Unemployed: 13.2%
- Mean travel time to work: 15.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Allegany town
- Never married: 36.6%
- Now married: 49.9%
- Separated: 0.6%
- Widowed: 6.4%
- Divorced: 6.5%
2.4% Foreign born (1.0% Asia, 0.9% Europe).
at Mystic Shores - premium lots & acreage in this hilltop community on Canyon Lake />
Reservations - information, resources & links to accommodations. Compare & save. />
Data - out large selection of City Data />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: NY Hamburg, (49.4 miles pop. 56,259).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: NY Buffalo, (61.2 miles pop. 292,648).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: PA Philadelphia, (272.0 miles pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: NY (0.0 miles Allegany, Bonaventure, NY (1.6 miles St. NY Olean, (4.4 miles NY (6.6 miles Harrisburg, Mills, NY (8.1 miles Weston NY (8.4 miles Humphrey, NY Hinsdale, (9.0 miles
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 2 buildings, average cost: $150,000
- 1997: 2 buildings, average cost: $72,000
- 1998: 0 buildings
- 1999: 0 buildings
- 2000: 0 buildings
- 2001: 1 building, cost: $30,000
- 2002: 0 buildings
- 2003: 0 buildings
- 2005: 1 building, cost: $75,000
Latitude: 42.09 N, Longitude: 78.49 W
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (32.0%), Manufacturing (13.7%), Retail trade (13.4%).
Average climate in Allegany, New York
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Allegany-area historical tornado activity is slightly above New York state average. It is 47% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/15/1961, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 1.8 miles away from the Allegany city center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 5/31/1985, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 37.5 miles away from the city center killed 4 people and injured 40 people.
Hospitals/medical centers near Allegany:
- OLEAN GENERAL HOSPITAL WEST (about 5 miles; OLEAN, NY)
- BRADFORD REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (about 16 miles; BRADFORD, PA)
- CUBA MEMORIAL HOSPITAL INC (about 17 miles; CUBA, NY)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Allegany:
- BRADFORD REGIONAL (about 23 miles; BRADFORD, PA; ID: BFD)
- CHAUTAUQUA COUNTY/JAMESTOWN (about 53 miles; JAMESTOWN, NY; ID: JHW)
- BUFFALO NIAGARA INTL (about 60 miles; BUFFALO, NY; ID: BUF)
Other public-use airports nearest to Allegany:
- GIERMEK EXECUTIVE (about 7 miles; OLEAN, NY; ID: 8G3)
- GREAT VALLEY (about 13 miles; GREAT VALLEY, NY; ID: N56)
- CATTARAUGUS COUNTY-OLEAN (about 14 miles; OLEAN, NY; ID: OLE)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Allegany:
- SAINT BONAVENTURE UNIVERSITY (about 18 miles; ST BONAVENTURE, NY; Full-time enrollment: 2,538)
- ERIE COMMUNITY COLLEGE-SOUTH CAMPUS (about 50 miles; ORCHARD PARK, NY; FT enrollment: 2,389)
- SUNY COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY AT ALFRED (about 51 miles; ALFRED, NY; FT enrollment: 2,588)
- JAMESTOWN COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 52 miles; JAMESTOWN, NY; FT enrollment: 2,662)
- SUNY AT BUFFALO (about 54 miles; BUFFALO, NY; FT enrollment: 21,661)
- D'YOUVILLE COLLEGE (about 62 miles; BUFFALO, NY; FT enrollment: 2,033)
- CANISIUS COLLEGE (about 62 miles; BUFFALO, NY; FT enrollment: 4,002)
Public high school in Allegany:
- ALLEGANY-LIMESTONE HS (Students: 466; Location: 3131 FIVE MILE RD; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Allegany:
- ALLEGANY ES (Students: 562; Location: MAPLE AVE; Grades: PK - 05)
- ALLEGANY-LIMESTONE MS (Students: 352; Location: 3131 FIVE MILE RD; Grades: 06 - 08)
Library in Allegany:
- ALLEGANY PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $49,873; Location: 90 WEST MAIN STREET; 27,450 books; 423 audio materials; 570 video materials; 75 serial subscriptions)
Allegany compared to New York state average:
- Unemployed percentage above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Number of college students above state average.
- Population density significantly above state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Allegany:
- WHDL (1450 AM; 1 kW; OLEAN, NY; Owner: ARROW COMMUNICATIONS OF N.Y., INC.)
- WGGO (1590 AM; 5 kW; SALAMANCA, NY; Owner: CATT COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WOEN (1360 AM; 1 kW; OLEAN, NY; Owner: VOX ALLEGANY, LLC)
- WWKB (1520 AM; 50 kW; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: ENTERCOM BUFFALO LICENSE, LLC)
- WHAM (1180 AM; 50 kW; ROCHESTER, NY; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WESB (1490 AM; 1 kW; BRADFORD, PA; Owner: RADIO STATION WESB, INC.)
- WGR (550 AM; 5 kW; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: ENTERCOM BUFFALO LICENSE, LLC)
- KDKA (1020 AM; 50 kW; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WNED (970 AM; 5 kW; BUFFALO, NY)
- WTOR (770 AM; daytime; 9 kW; YOUNGSTOWN, NY; Owner: BIRACH BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WNAE (1310 AM; 5 kW; WARREN, PA; Owner: KINZUA BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WCBM (680 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WCBM MARYLAND, INC.)
- WHLD (1270 AM; 5 kW; NIAGARA FALLS, NY; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
Strongest FM radio stations in Allegany:
- WPIG (95.7 FM; OLEAN, NY; Owner: ARROW COMMUNICATIONS OF N.Y., INC.)
- WOLN (91.3 FM; OLEAN, NY; Owner: STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK)
- W213BC (90.5 FM; OLEAN, NY; Owner: FAMILY LIFE MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WQRT (98.3 FM; SALAMANCA, NY; Owner: CATT COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WMXO (101.5 FM; OLEAN, NY; Owner: VOX ALLEGANY, LLC)
- WSBU (88.3 FM; ST. BONAVENTURE, NY; Owner: ST. BONAVENTURE UNIVERSITY)
- WQRM (106.3 FM; SMETHPORT, PA; Owner: FARM & HOME BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WBRR (100.1 FM; BRADFORD, PA; Owner: RADIO STATION WESB, INC.)
- WHKS (94.9 FM; PORT ALLEGANY, PA; Owner: L-COM INC.)
- WTSS (102.5 FM; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: ENTERCOM BUFFALO LICENSE, LLC)
- WCID (89.1 FM; FRIENDSHIP, NY; Owner: FAMILY LIFE MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WDDH (97.5 FM; ST. MARYS, PA; Owner: LAUREL MEDIA, INC.)
- WNSA (107.7 FM; WETHERSFIELD TWNSHP, NY; Owner: ADELPHIA COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION, DEBTOR-IN-POSSESSION)
- WPSB (90.1 FM; KANE, PA; Owner: THE PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY)
- WJQZ (103.5 FM; WELLSVILLE, NY; Owner: DBM COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Allegany:
- W30BW (Channel 30; OLEAN, NY; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- WNGS (Channel 67; SPRINGVILLE, NY; Owner: CAROLINE K. POWLEY D/B/A UNICORN/SPRINGVILLE)
- WONS-LP (Channel 25; OLEAN, NY; Owner: CHOICE OLEAN TELEVISION STATION, INC.)
- W20AB (Channel 20; OLEAN, NY; Owner: CHOICE OLEAN TELEVISION STATION, INC.)
- WKBW-TV (Channel 7; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: WKBW-TV LICENSE, INC.)
- WIVB-TV (Channel 4; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: WIVB BROADCASTING, LLC)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.