Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 6,028
Males: 4,080 (67.7%), Females: 1,948 (32.3%)
Median resident age: 34.7 years
Median household income: $44,877 (year 2000)
Median house value: $75,500 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Attica:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (69.6%)
- Black (21.1%)
- Hispanic (9.2%)
- Other race (5.2%)
Ancestries: German (28.0%), Irish (10.5%), Polish (10.2%), English (10.0%), Italian (4.7%), United States (4.3%).
New! New York forum
Land area: 1.7 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Attica
- High school or higher: 59.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 8.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.3%
- Unemployed: 4.7%
- Mean travel time to work: 26.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Attica town
- Never married: 41.7%
- Now married: 43.4%
- Separated: 3.2%
- Widowed: 3.8%
- Divorced: 7.8%
5.5% Foreign born (4.5% Latin America, 0.6% Europe).
NY Real Estate - to databases so you can find a home and get school reports. />
Properties - NY Times listings for commercial properties nationwide. />
Rider Real Estate Co - County NY Real Estate Residential, Farms, Commercial />
in the Catskills - Ritter, NYS Licensed Guide Catskills and Sullivan County MLS />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: NY Cheektowaga, (33.3 miles pop. 94,019).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: NY Buffalo, (39.4 miles pop. 292,648).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: PA Philadelphia, (292.6 miles pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: NY (0.0 miles Attica, NY (2.9 miles Alexander, NY (5.7 miles Darien, NY (8.5 miles Bennington, NY Corfu, (10.9 miles NY Batavia, (11.2 miles .
Latitude: 42.87 N, Longitude: 78.28 W
Area code: 585
Industries providing employment: Public administration (21.4%), Educational,health and social services (20.6%), Retail trade (13.5%), Manufacturing (11.0%).
Average climate in Attica, New York
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Attica-area historical tornado activity is slightly below New York state average. It is 71% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/2/1972, a category 2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 5.9 miles away from the Attica city center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 6/2/1998, a category 2 tornado 8.2 miles away from the city center caused $1 million in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Attica:
- UNITED MEMORIAL MEDICAL CENTER (about 11 miles; BATAVIA, NY)
- WYOMING COUNTY COMMUNITY HOSPITAL (about 12 miles; WARSAW, NY)
- MEDINA MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 26 miles; MEDINA, NY)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Attica:
- BUFFALO NIAGARA INTL (about 31 miles; BUFFALO, NY; ID: BUF)
- GREATER ROCHESTER INTERNATIONAL (about 46 miles; ROCHESTER, NY; ID: ROC)
- NIAGARA FALLS INTL (about 49 miles; NIAGARA FALLS, NY; ID: IAG)
Other public-use airports nearest to Attica:
- GENESEE COUNTY (about 13 miles; BATAVIA, NY; ID: GVQ)
- AKRON (about 17 miles; AKRON, NY; ID: 9G3)
- PERRY-WARSAW (about 19 miles; PERRY, NY; ID: 01G)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Attica:
- GENESEE VALLEY BOCES (about 11 miles; BATAVIA, NY; Full-time enrollment: 3,249)
- GENESEE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 11 miles; BATAVIA, NY; FT enrollment: 2,942)
- ERIE COMMUNITY COLLEGE-NORTH CAMPUS (about 33 miles; WILLIAMSVILLE, NY; FT enrollment: 3,464)
- SUNY COLLEGE AT BROCKPORT (about 34 miles; BROCKPORT, NY; FT enrollment: 6,973)
- ERIE COMMUNITY COLLEGE-SOUTH CAMPUS (about 34 miles; ORCHARD PARK, NY; FT enrollment: 2,389)
- SUNY COLLEGE AT GENESEO (about 35 miles; GENESEO, NY; FT enrollment: 5,246)
- CANISIUS COLLEGE (about 40 miles; BUFFALO, NY; FT enrollment: 4,002)
Public high school in Attica:
- ATTICA SHS (Students: 580; Location: 3338 E MAIN ST; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Attica:
- ATTICA JHS (Students: 587; Location: 3338 E MAIN ST; Grades: 05 - 08)
- ATTICA ES (Students: 461; Location: 31 PROSPECT ST; Grades: KG - 04)
- WYOMING CORR FACIL (Students: 55; Location: DUNBAR RD; Grades: UG - UG)
- ATTICA CORR FACIL (Students: 11; Location: BOX 149; Grades: UG - UG)
Private primary/middle school in Attica:
- GENESEE WYOMING CATHOLIC CENTR (Students: 160; Location: 72 EAST AVENUE; Grades: PK - 8)
Library in Attica:
- STEVENS MEMORIAL LIBRARY (Operating income: $152,607; Location: 146 MAIN STREET; 27,295 books; 340 audio materials; 2,101 video materials; 90 serial subscriptions)
Cemetery: Forest Hills Cemetery (1).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Tunnery Brook (A).
Attica compared to New York state average:
- Black race population percentage above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage significantly above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Attica:
- WHAM (1180 AM; 50 kW; ROCHESTER, NY; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WWKB (1520 AM; 50 kW; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: ENTERCOM BUFFALO LICENSE, LLC)
- WCJW (1140 AM; daytime; 3 kW; WARSAW, NY; Owner: LLOYD LANE, INCORPORATED)
- WBTA (1490 AM; 1 kW; BATAVIA, NY; Owner: BRO-BEN COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WXRL (1300 AM; 5 kW; LANCASTER, NY; Owner: DOME BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WGR (550 AM; 5 kW; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: ENTERCOM BUFFALO LICENSE, LLC)
- WTOR (770 AM; daytime; 9 kW; YOUNGSTOWN, NY; Owner: BIRACH BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WLGZ (990 AM; 5 kW; ROCHESTER, NY; Owner: KIMTRON, INC.)
- WNED (970 AM; 5 kW; BUFFALO, NY)
- WBEN (930 AM; 5 kW; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: ENTERCOM BUFFALO LICENSE, LLC)
- WHLD (1270 AM; 5 kW; NIAGARA FALLS, NY; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WYSL (1040 AM; 3 kW; AVON, NY; Owner: RADIO LIVINGSTON, LTD)
- WHTK (1280 AM; 5 kW; ROCHESTER, NY)
Strongest FM radio stations in Attica:
- WCOU (88.3 FM; WARSAW, NY; Owner: FAMILY LIFE MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WLOF (101.7 FM; ATTICA, NY; Owner: HOLY FAMILY COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WNSA (107.7 FM; WETHERSFIELD TWNSHP, NY; Owner: ADELPHIA COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION, DEBTOR-IN-POSSESSION)
- WTSS (102.5 FM; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: ENTERCOM BUFFALO LICENSE, LLC)
- DW208AM (89.5 FM; BATAVIA, NY; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION)
- WGRF (96.9 FM; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WBUF (92.9 FM; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WNED-FM (94.5 FM; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: WESTERN NEW YORK PUBLIC B/C ASSOC.)
- WMJQ (105.5 FM; BROCKPORT, NY; Owner: CANANDAIGUA BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WGCC-FM (90.7 FM; BATAVIA, NY; Owner: GENESEE COMMUNITY COLLEGE)
TV broadcast stations around Attica:
- WNYO-TV (Channel 49; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: NEW YORK TELEVISION, INC.)
- WPXJ-TV (Channel 51; BATAVIA, NY; Owner: PAXSON BUFFALO LICENSE, INC.)
- WGRZ-TV (Channel 2; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: MULTIMEDIA ENTERTAINMENT, INC.)
- WKBW-TV (Channel 7; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: WKBW-TV LICENSE, INC.)
- WIVB-TV (Channel 4; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: WIVB BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WNGS (Channel 67; SPRINGVILLE, NY; Owner: CAROLINE K. POWLEY D/B/A UNICORN/SPRINGVILLE)
- WNED-TV (Channel 17; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: WESTERN NY PUBLIC BROADCASTING ASSOC.)
- WUTV (Channel 29; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: WUTV LICENSEE, LLC)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.