Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 13,996. Estimated population in July 2005: 13,787 (-1.5% change)
Males: 6,772 (48.4%), Females: 7,224 (51.6%)
Median resident age: 40.9 years
Median household income: $51,939 (year 2000)
Median house value: $119,700 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Aurora:
- White Non-Hispanic (98.4%)
- Hispanic (0.6%)
Ancestries: German (39.3%), Irish (21.2%), English (18.1%), Polish (15.1%), Italian (11.4%), French (4.2%).
New! New York forum
Land area: 1.0 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Aurora
- High school or higher: 90.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 36.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 13.7%
- Unemployed: 3.7%
- Mean travel time to work: 23.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Aurora town
- Never married: 20.7%
- Now married: 63.3%
- Separated: 1.0%
- Widowed: 8.0%
- Divorced: 7.0%
2.5% Foreign born (1.4% Europe, 0.8% North America, 0.3% Asia).
Solutions Ithaca - will help you find housing or help you rent out your property. />
Near Cornell - Private Shuttle to Campus Free high-speed internet & cable TV />
Hotel at Cornell - only Ithaca hotel on Cornell's Campus 1800-541-2501 />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: NY Syracuse, (43.4 miles pop. 147,306).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: NY Rochester, (69.0 miles pop. 219,773).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: PA Philadelphia, (218.1 miles pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: NY (0.0 miles Aurora, NY (6.4 miles Ledyard, Springs, NY (6.7 miles Union NY (8.9 miles Fayette, NY (9.1 miles Interlaken, NY (9.2 miles Romulus, NY (9.8 miles Ovid, .
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 2000: 1 building, cost: $340,000
- 2004: 0 buildings
- 2005: 0 buildings
Latitude: 42.75 N, Longitude: 76.70 W
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (25.0%), Manufacturing (15.8%), Retail trade (11.0%).
Average climate in Aurora, New York
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Aurora-area historical tornado activity is below New York state average. It is 72% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/2/1983, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 29.8 miles away from the Aurora city center killed one person and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 8/30/1955, a category 3 tornado 32.6 miles away from the city center caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Aurora:
- AUBURN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 16 miles; AUBURN, NY)
- GENEVA GENERAL HOSPITAL (about 22 miles; GENEVA, NY)
- CAYUGA MEDICAL CENTER AT ITHACA (about 25 miles; ITHACA, NY)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Aurora:
- ITHACA TOMPKINS REGIONAL (about 26 miles; ITHACA, NY; ID: ITH)
- ELMIRA/CORNING REGIONAL (about 43 miles; ELMIRA/CORNING, NY; ID: ELM)
- SYRACUSE HANCOCK INTL (about 49 miles; SYRACUSE, NY; ID: SYR)
Other public-use airports nearest to Aurora:
- OVID (about 9 miles; OVID, NY; ID: D82)
- FINGER LAKES REGIONAL (about 11 miles; SENECA FALLS, NY; ID: 0G7)
- AIRTREK (about 12 miles; WATERLOO, NY; ID: D93)
College/University in Aurora:
- WELLS COLLEGE (Full-time enrollment: 446; Location: 170 STATE RTE 90; Private, not-for-profit; Website: www.wells.edu)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Aurora:
- ITHACA COLLEGE (about 25 miles; ITHACA, NY; Full-time enrollment: 6,052)
- CORNELL UNIVERSITY-ENDOWED COLLEGES (about 26 miles; ITHACA, NY; FT enrollment: 12,036)
- CORNELL UNIVERSITY-NY STATE STATUTORY COLLEGES (about 26 miles; ITHACA, NY; FT enrollment: 7,413)
- SUNY COLLEGE AT CORTLAND (about 37 miles; CORTLAND, NY; FT enrollment: 6,187)
- ONONDAGA COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 38 miles; SYRACUSE, NY; FT enrollment: 5,132)
- FINGER LAKES COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 42 miles; CANANDAIGUA, NY; FT enrollment: 3,021)
- SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY (about 44 miles; SYRACUSE, NY; FT enrollment: 15,859)
Public primary/middle school in Aurora:
- SOUTHERN CAYUGA ES - HOWLAND BLDG (Students: 315; Location: 2892 RT 34B; Grades: PK - 04)
Private primary/middle school in Aurora:
- PEACHTOWN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 15; Location: PO BOX 178; Grades: PK - 7)
Library in Aurora:
- AURORA FREE LIBRARY (Operating income: $53,668; Location: 370 MAIN STREET; 7,133 books; 206 audio materials; 251 video materials; 2 serial subscriptions)
Church in Aurora: Saint Pauls Church (A).
Cemeteries: Oak Glen Cemetery (1), Saint Patricks Cemetery (2).
Aurora compared to New York state average:
- Median household income above state average.
- Median house value above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Number of rooms per house above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher above state average.
- Population density significantly above state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Aurora:
- WPIE (1160 AM; 5 kW; TRUMANSBURG, NY; Owner: PEMBROOK PINES ITHACA LTD. N.A.)
- WHAM (1180 AM; 50 kW; ROCHESTER, NY; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WHCU (870 AM; 5 kW; ITHACA, NY; Owner: EAGLE BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WSFW (1110 AM; daytime; 1 kW; SENECA FALLS, NY; Owner: AUBURN BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WFLR (1570 AM; 5 kW; DUNDEE, NY; Owner: LAKES COUNTY COMMUNICATION CORP.)
- WSYR (570 AM; 5 kW; SYRACUSE, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WHEN (620 AM; 5 kW; SYRACUSE, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WTKO (1470 AM; 5 kW; ITHACA, NY; Owner: EAGLE II BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WAUB (1590 AM; 1 kW; AUBURN, NY; Owner: AUBURN BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WACK (1420 AM; 5 kW; NEWARK, NY; Owner: PEMBROOK PINES, INC.)
- WABH (1380 AM; 10 kW; BATH, NY)
- WWLF (1340 AM; 1 kW; AUBURN, NY; Owner: WOLF RADIO, INC)
- WLNL (1000 AM; daytime; 5 kW; HORSEHEADS, NY; Owner: LIGHTHOUSE MEDIA, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Aurora:
- WPHR (106.9 FM; AUBURN, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WNYR-FM (98.5 FM; WATERLOO, NY; Owner: LAKE COUNTRY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WFLK (101.7 FM; GENEVA, NY; Owner: MB COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WQNY (103.7 FM; ITHACA, NY; Owner: EAGLE II BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WLLW (99.3 FM; SENECA FALLS, NY; Owner: AUBURN BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WYXL (97.3 FM; ITHACA, NY; Owner: EAGLE BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WSQG-FM (90.9 FM; ITHACA, NY; Owner: WSKG PUBLIC TELECOMM. COUNCIL)
- WFLR-FM (95.9 FM; DUNDEE, NY; Owner: LAKES COUNTRY COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- WMHR (102.9 FM; SYRACUSE, NY; Owner: MARS HILL BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WCOV-FM (93.7 FM; CLYDE, NY; Owner: FAMILY LIFE MINISTRIES, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Aurora:
- WSYT (Channel 68; SYRACUSE, NY; Owner: WSYT LICENSEE L.P.)
- WCNY-TV (Channel 24; SYRACUSE, NY; Owner: PUBLIC BROADCASTING COUNCIL OF CENTRAL NEW YORK)
- W48AO (Channel 48; AUBURN, NY; Owner: SONNY PERSAD)
- W20BT (Channel 20; ITHACA, NY; Owner: NATIONAL MINORITY T.V., INC.)
- W54AK (Channel 54; AUBURN, NY; Owner: SONNY PERSAD)
- W69AN (Channel 69; UNION SPRINGS, ETC., NY; Owner: SONNY PERSAD)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.