Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 23,852
Males: 11,680 (49.0%), Females: 12,172 (51.0%)
Median resident age: 35.3 years
Median household income: $50,155 (year 2000)
Median house value: $148,100 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Bay Shore:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (58.8%)
- Hispanic (19.9%)
- Black (17.2%)
- Other race (7.2%)
- Two or more races (4.0%)
- American Indian (1.3%)
- Asian Indian (1.0%)
Ancestries: Italian (20.8%), Irish (19.4%), German (12.8%), English (4.3%), Polish (3.3%), United States (2.6%).
New! Shore, New York forum
Elevation: 15 feet
Land area: 5.3 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Bay Shore
- High school or higher: 82.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 20.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 8.3%
- Unemployed: 5.1%
- Mean travel time to work: 28.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Bay Shore CDP
- Never married: 30.9%
- Now married: 48.3%
- Separated: 4.2%
- Widowed: 7.3%
- Divorced: 9.3%
14.2% Foreign born (8.7% Latin America, 2.7% Europe, 2.0% Asia).
on Long Island - Properties offers apartments in desirable areas of Long Island. />
Island Luxury Homes - Gale Sotheby's International Luxury Real Estate Broker />
a Home in Bay Shore - the Bay Shore MLS Now Find a Home and a Realtor®, aff />
Island Real Estate - or selling Mike Costanza is your answer. Save thousands in fees />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: NY Islip, (2.4 miles pop. 322,612).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (45.7 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: NY (1.0 miles Brightwaters, Bay Shore, NY (1.9 miles West Bay Shore, NY (2.1 miles North NY Islip, (2.4 miles NY (2.9 miles Baywood, Islip, NY (3.2 miles West NY (3.7 miles Brentwood,
Latitude: 40.73 N, Longitude: 73.25 W
Area code: 631
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (22.3%), Retail trade (13.2%), Manufacturing (11.2%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +155 (+0.6%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,769 (16.0%)
Average climate in Bay Shore, New York
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Bay Shore-area historical tornado activity is near New York state average. It is 58% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/10/1989, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 46.8 miles away from the Bay Shore city center injured 40 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
On 9/18/1973, a category 2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 14.1 miles away from the city center .
Birthplace of: Corey Hinnant - College basketball player (St. Peter's Peacocks), William Frisby - College basketball player (Miami Hurricanes).
Main business address for: WINDSWEPT ENVIRONMENTAL GROUP INC (HAZARDOUS WASTE MANAGEMENT).
Hospital/medical center in Bay Shore:
- SOUTHSIDE HOSPITAL (301 EAST MAIN STREET)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Bay Shore:
- GOOD SAMARITAN HOSPITAL (about 4 miles; WEST ISLIP, NY)
- PILGRIM STATE HOSP (about 4 miles; WEST BRENTWOOD, NY)
- ST CATHERINE OF SIENA MEDICAL CENTER (about 10 miles; SMITHTOWN, NY)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Bay Shore:
- REPUBLIC (about 11 miles; FARMINGDALE, NY; ID: FRG)
- LONG ISLAND MAC ARTHUR (about 12 miles; ISLIP, NY; ID: ISP)
- IGOR I SIKORSKY MEMORIAL (about 31 miles; BRIDGEPORT, CT; ID: BDR)
Other public-use airports nearest to Bay Shore:
- BAYPORT AERODROME (about 15 miles; BAYPORT, NY; ID: 23N)
- BROOKHAVEN (about 29 miles; SHIRLEY, NY; ID: HWV)
- SANDS POINT (about 32 miles; PORT WASHINGTON, NY; ID: 7N3)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Bay Shore:
- SUFFOLK COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-WESTERN CAMPUS (about 4 miles; BRENTWOOD, NY; Full-time enrollment: 3,485)
- DOWLING COLLEGE (about 9 miles; OAKDALE, NY; FT enrollment: 3,747)
- SUNY COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY AT FARMINGDALE (about 13 miles; FARMINGDALE, NY; FT enrollment: 3,831)
- SUFFOLK COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-AMMERMAN CAMPUS (about 18 miles; SELDEN, NY; FT enrollment: 6,992)
- SAINT JOSEPHS COLLEGE-SUFFOLK CAMPUS (about 18 miles; PATCHOGUE, NY; FT enrollment: 2,617)
- HOFSTRA UNIVERSITY (about 25 miles; HEMPSTEAD, NY; FT enrollment: 10,842)
- NEW YORK INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY-OLD WESTBURY (about 25 miles; OLD WESTBURY, NY; FT enrollment: 4,459)
Public high school in Bay Shore:
- BAY SHORE SHS (Students: 1,724; Location: 155 THIRD AVE; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Bay Shore:
- BAY SHORE MS (Students: 1,467; Location: 393 BROOK AVE; Grades: 06 - 08)
- SOUTHWEST ES (Students: 1,109; Location: 1095 JOSELSEN AVE; Grades: PK - 05)
- WEST MS (Students: 809; Location: 2030 UDALL RD; Grades: 06 - 08)
- OAK PARK ES (Students: 732; Location: 775 WISCONSIN AVE; Grades: 01 - 05)
- GARDINER MANOR SCHOOL (Students: 629; Location: 125 WOHSEEPEE DR; Grades: 03 - 05)
- HEMLOCK ES (Students: 613; Location: 19 HEMLOCK DR; Grades: 01 - 05)
- SOUTH COUNTRY SCHOOL (Students: 600; Location: 885 HAMPSHIRE RD; Grades: 03 - 05)
- MARY G. CLARKSON SCHOOL (Students: 491; Location: 1415 E THIRD AVE; Grades: KG - 02)
- FIFTH AVE SCHOOL (Students: 396; Location: 217 FIFTH AVE; Grades: KG - 03)
- BROOK AVE ES (Students: 391; Location: 45 BROOK AVE; Grades: KG - 03)
Private primary/middle schools in Bay Shore:
- ST. PATRICK PAROCHIAL SCHOOL (Students: 486; Location: MONTAUK HIGHWAY; Grades: PK - 8)
- ST PETERS BY THE SEA DAY SCHOO (Students: 313; Location: 500 S COUNTRY ROAD; Grades: PK - 6)
- THE CAROUSEL SCHOOL (Students: 150; Location: 39 BRENTWOOD RD; Grades: PK - KG)
- MARK COUNTRY DAY SCHOOL (Students: 87; Location: 67 GREENWOOD RD PO BOX 188M; Grades: PK - 4)
- EBENEZER CHRISTIAN ACAD (Students: 48; Location: 63 WISCONSIN AVE; Grades: PK - 3)
- HERITAGE CHRISTIAN ACADEMY (Students: 33; Location: 1380 5TH AVE; Grades: PK - 10)
Notable location: Bay Shore Marina (A).
Cemeteries: Oakwood Cemetery (1), Saint Patricks Cemetery (2).
Lakes: Lawrence Lake (A), O-co-nee Lake (B).
Creeks: Awixa Creek (A), Lawrence Creek (B), Orowoc Creek (C), Watchogue Creek (D), Penataquit Creek (E).
Bay Shore compared to New York state average:
- Median house value above state average.
- Black race population percentage above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Population density above state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Bay Shore:
- WLIE (540 AM; 3 kW; ISLIP, NY; Owner: LONG ISLAND MULTIMEDIA, LLC.)
- WGSM (740 AM; 25 kW; HUNTINGTON, NY; Owner: K RADIO LICENSEE, INC.)
- WFAN (660 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WCBS (880 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WMCA (570 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF NEW YORK, LLC)
- WOR (710 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BUCKLEY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WABC (770 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WABC-AM RADIO, INC.)
- WLIM (1580 AM; 10 kW; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: POLNET COMMUNICATIONS, LTD.)
- WQEW (1560 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: THE NEW YORK TIMES ELECTRONIC MEDIA COMPANY)
- WBBR (1130 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BLOOMBERG COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WEPN (1050 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK AM RADIO, LLC)
- WHLI (1100 AM; daytime; 10 kW; HEMPSTEAD, NY)
- WINS (1010 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Bay Shore:
- WBZO (103.1 FM; BAY SHORE, NY; Owner: MID-ISLAND BROADCASTING LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WMJC (94.3 FM; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: IW LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY)
- WFRS (88.9 FM; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- WALK-FM (97.5 FM; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WXBA (88.1 FM; BRENTWOOD, NY; Owner: BRENTWOOD UNION FREE SCHOOL DISTRICT)
- W217AF (91.3 FM; HUNTINGTON STATION, NY; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WBAB (102.3 FM; BABYLON, NY; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WUSB (90.1 FM; STONY BROOK, NY; Owner: STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK)
- WBLI (106.1 FM; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- W289AD (105.7 FM; SELDEN, NY; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WKCR-FM (89.9 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: TRUSTEES OF COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY IN NEW YORK)
- WKTU (103.5 FM; LAKE SUCCESS, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, LLC)
- WQCD (101.9 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: EMMIS RADIO LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WPLJ (95.5 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WPLJ-FM RADIO, INC.)
- WNYC-FM (93.9 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WNYC RADIO)
- WCAA (105.9 FM; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: WADO-AM LICENSE CORP. ("WADO"))
- WBAI (99.5 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: PACIFICA FOUNDATION, INC.)
- WBLS (107.5 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ICBC BROADCAST HOLDINGS-NY, INC.)
- WLTW (106.7 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: AMFM NEW YORK LICENSES, LLC)
- WQXR-FM (96.3 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: THE NEW YORK TIMES ELECTRONIC MEDIA COMPANY)
TV broadcast stations around Bay Shore:
- WNYW (Channel 5; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WCBS-TV (Channel 2; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: CBS BROADCASTING INC.)
- WABC-TV (Channel 7; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: AMERICAN BROADCASTING COMPANIES, INC)
- WPIX (Channel 11; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WPIX, INC.)
- WWOR-TV (Channel 9; SECAUCUS, NJ; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WFTY (Channel 67; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: UNIVISION NEW YORK LLC)
- WLIW (Channel 21; GARDEN CITY, NY; Owner: EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WXNY-LP (Channel 32; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ISLAND BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WNJU (Channel 47; LINDEN, NJ; Owner: WNJU LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WPXN-TV (Channel 31; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WLNY (Channel 55; RIVERHEAD, NY; Owner: WLNY-TV, INC.)
- WFUT (Channel 68; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: UNIVISION NEW YORK LLC)
- WNBC (Channel 4; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NATIONAL BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WNET (Channel 13; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WXTV (Channel 41; PATERSON, NJ; Owner: WXTV LICENSE PARTNERSHIP, G.P.)
- WNYE-TV (Channel 25; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK CITY BOARD OF EDUCATION)
- W27CB (Channel 27; HEMPSTEAD, NY; Owner: K LICENSEE INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.