Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 8,662
Males: 4,137 (47.8%), Females: 4,525 (52.2%)
Median resident age: 37.9 years
Median household income: $74,861 (year 2000)
Median house value: $218,000 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Bayport:
- White Non-Hispanic (93.3%)
- Hispanic (3.9%)
- Two or more races (1.0%)
- Black (0.9%)
- Other race (0.8%)
- Asian Indian (0.6%)
Ancestries: Italian (32.8%), Irish (31.0%), German (24.1%), English (9.5%), Polish (5.5%), Russian (2.7%).
New! New York forum
Elevation: 15 feet
Land area: 3.7 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Bayport
- High school or higher: 91.4%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 33.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 14.9%
- Unemployed: 2.0%
- Mean travel time to work: 30.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Bayport CDP
- Never married: 21.3%
- Now married: 62.0%
- Separated: 2.1%
- Widowed: 7.7%
- Divorced: 6.9%
3.8% Foreign born (1.8% Europe, 1.3% Asia, 0.7% Latin America).
Real Estate - Albertson Hamptons We Sell Investments to Live In! />
on Long Island - Properties offers apartments in desirable areas of Long Island. />
Island Luxury Homes - Gale Sotheby's International Luxury Real Estate Broker />
Island Real Estate - or selling Mike Costanza is your answer. Save thousands in fees />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: NY (9.6 miles Brookhaven, pop. 448,248).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (59.4 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: Point, NY (1.4 miles Blue NY (1.9 miles Sayville, NY Patchogue, (2.7 miles Patchogue, NY (3.3 miles North Sayville, NY West (3.7 miles NY (3.9 miles Holbrook, NY (4.4 miles Bohemia, NY (4.6 miles Holtsville,
Latitude: 40.75 N, Longitude: 73.05 W
Area code: 631
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (25.3%), Retail trade (11.2%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -2,201 (-25.4%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 371 (8.7%)
Average climate in Bayport, New York
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Bayport-area historical tornado activity is near New York state average. It is 61% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/10/1989, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 40.6 miles away from the Bayport city center injured 40 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
On 7/10/1989, a category 2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 19.5 miles away from the city center injured one person.
Hospitals/medical centers near Bayport:
- BROOKHAVEN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 4 miles; PATCHOGUE, NY)
- ST CATHERINE OF SIENA MEDICAL CENTER (about 13 miles; SMITHTOWN, NY)
- PILGRIM STATE HOSP (about 14 miles; WEST BRENTWOOD, NY)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Bayport:
- LONG ISLAND MAC ARTHUR (about 4 miles; ISLIP, NY; ID: ISP)
- REPUBLIC (about 25 miles; FARMINGDALE, NY; ID: FRG)
- IGOR I SIKORSKY MEMORIAL (about 28 miles; BRIDGEPORT, CT; ID: BDR)
Other public-use airports nearest to Bayport:
- BAYPORT AERODROME (about 1 miles; BAYPORT, NY; ID: 23N)
- BROOKHAVEN (about 15 miles; SHIRLEY, NY; ID: HWV)
- LUFKER (about 22 miles; EAST MORICHES, NY; ID: O00)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Bayport:
- SAINT JOSEPHS COLLEGE-SUFFOLK CAMPUS (about 4 miles; PATCHOGUE, NY; Full-time enrollment: 2,617)
- DOWLING COLLEGE (about 6 miles; OAKDALE, NY; FT enrollment: 3,747)
- SUFFOLK COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-AMMERMAN CAMPUS (about 9 miles; SELDEN, NY; FT enrollment: 6,992)
- SUFFOLK COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-WESTERN CAMPUS (about 14 miles; BRENTWOOD, NY; FT enrollment: 3,485)
- SUNY COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY AT FARMINGDALE (about 27 miles; FARMINGDALE, NY; FT enrollment: 3,831)
- SUNY AT STONY BROOK (about 32 miles; STONY BROOK, NY; FT enrollment: 16,829)
- FAIRFIELD UNIVERSITY (about 32 miles; FAIRFIELD, CT; FT enrollment: 4,197)
Public high school in Bayport:
- BAYPORT-BLUE POINT HS (Students: 710; Location: 200 SNEDECOR AVE; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Bayport:
- JAMES WILSON YOUNG MS (Students: 556; Location: 602 SYLVAN AVE; Grades: 06 - 08)
- ACAD STREET ES (Students: 510; Location: 150 ACADEMY ST; Grades: KG - 05)
- SYLVAN AVE ES (Students: 470; Location: 600 SYLVAN AVE; Grades: KG - 05)
Notable location: Camp Edey (A).
Creeks: Brown Creek (A), Homans Creek (B).
Bayport compared to New York state average:
- Median household income above state average.
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Bayport:
- WLIM (1580 AM; 10 kW; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: POLNET COMMUNICATIONS, LTD.)
- WGSM (740 AM; 25 kW; HUNTINGTON, NY; Owner: K RADIO LICENSEE, INC.)
- WLIE (540 AM; 3 kW; ISLIP, NY; Owner: LONG ISLAND MULTIMEDIA, LLC.)
- WFAN (660 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WCBS (880 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WALK (1370 AM; 1 kW; EAST PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WMCA (570 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF NEW YORK, LLC)
- WOR (710 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BUCKLEY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WABC (770 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WABC-AM RADIO, INC.)
- WEPN (1050 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK AM RADIO, LLC)
- WBBR (1130 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BLOOMBERG COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WINS (1010 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WQEW (1560 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: THE NEW YORK TIMES ELECTRONIC MEDIA COMPANY)
Strongest FM radio stations in Bayport:
- WALK-FM (97.5 FM; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WUSB (90.1 FM; STONY BROOK, NY; Owner: STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK)
- WBLI (106.1 FM; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- W289AD (105.7 FM; SELDEN, NY; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WFRS (88.9 FM; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- WBZO (103.1 FM; BAY SHORE, NY; Owner: MID-ISLAND BROADCASTING LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WSHR (91.9 FM; LAKE RONKONKOMA, NY; Owner: SACHEM CENTRAL SCH DIST HOLBROOK)
- WLIU (88.3 FM; SOUTHAMPTON, NY; Owner: LONG ISLAND UNIVERSITY PUBLIC RADIO NETWORK)
- WMJC (94.3 FM; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: IW LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY)
- WXXP (105.3 FM; CALVERTON-ROANOKE, NY; Owner: JARAD BROADCASTING CO. OF CALVERTON, INC)
- WRCN-FM (103.9 FM; RIVERHEAD, NY; Owner: IW LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY)
- WLVG (96.1 FM; CENTER MORICHES, NY; Owner: WAY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- W217AF (91.3 FM; HUNTINGTON STATION, NY; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WDRE (98.5 FM; WESTHAMPTON, NY; Owner: JARAD BROADCATING COMPANY OF WESTHAMPTON, INC.)
- WBAB (102.3 FM; BABYLON, NY; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Bayport:
- WFTY (Channel 67; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: UNIVISION NEW YORK LLC)
- WLNY (Channel 55; RIVERHEAD, NY; Owner: WLNY-TV, INC.)
- W26CE (Channel 26; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ATLANTIC COAST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.