Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 7,571
Males: 3,728 (49.2%), Females: 3,843 (50.8%)
Median resident age: 34.9 years
Median household income: $60,294 (year 2000)
Median house value: $138,700 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Baywood:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (63.5%)
- Hispanic (23.2%)
- Other race (10.1%)
- Black (9.6%)
- Two or more races (3.6%)
- American Indian (0.7%)
- Asian Indian (0.7%)
Ancestries: Italian (26.0%), Irish (17.6%), German (15.0%), Polish (4.7%), English (3.6%), West Indian (2.4%).
New! New York forum
Land area: 2.2 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Baywood
- High school or higher: 80.8%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 12.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.9%
- Unemployed: 2.6%
- Mean travel time to work: 32.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Baywood CDP
- Never married: 29.5%
- Now married: 53.2%
- Separated: 2.0%
- Widowed: 6.6%
- Divorced: 8.7%
12.9% Foreign born (9.7% Latin America, 1.7% Europe, 1.5% Asia).
on Long Island - Properties offers apartments in desirable areas of Long Island. />
Bay Homes - Through Our MLS List & Find Your Fantastic Dream Home Today. />
- Help From A Local Expert, Scout Neighborhoods, Mortgages & More />
Island Luxury Homes - Gale Sotheby's International Luxury Real Estate Broker />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: NY (3.8 miles Brentwood, pop. 53,917).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: NY (4.7 miles Babylon, pop. 211,792).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (43.2 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: Bay Shore, NY (2.1 miles North Babylon, NY North (2.6 miles Islip, NY (2.6 miles West NY (2.7 miles Brightwaters, Park, NY Deer (2.8 miles Bay Shore, NY (2.9 miles West Shore, NY Bay (2.9 miles NY (3.8 miles Brentwood,
Latitude: 40.75 N, Longitude: 73.29 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 631
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (20.1%), Manufacturing (15.0%), Retail trade (12.6%), Transportation and warehousing,and utilities (11.9%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -1,764 (-23.3%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 154 (4.3%)
Average climate in Baywood, New York
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Baywood-area historical tornado activity is near New York state average. It is 57% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/10/1989, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 46.9 miles away from the Baywood city center injured 40 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
On 9/18/1973, a category 2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 12.3 miles away from the city center .
Hospitals/medical centers near Baywood:
- GOOD SAMARITAN HOSPITAL (about 3 miles; WEST ISLIP, NY)
- SOUTHSIDE HOSPITAL (about 3 miles; BAY SHORE, NY)
- PILGRIM STATE HOSP (about 4 miles; WEST BRENTWOOD, NY)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Baywood:
- REPUBLIC (about 8 miles; FARMINGDALE, NY; ID: FRG)
- LONG ISLAND MAC ARTHUR (about 14 miles; ISLIP, NY; ID: ISP)
- IGOR I SIKORSKY MEMORIAL (about 30 miles; BRIDGEPORT, CT; ID: BDR)
Other public-use airports nearest to Baywood:
- BAYPORT AERODROME (about 17 miles; BAYPORT, NY; ID: 23N)
- SANDS POINT (about 29 miles; PORT WASHINGTON, NY; ID: 7N3)
- BROOKHAVEN (about 31 miles; SHIRLEY, NY; ID: HWV)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Baywood:
- SUFFOLK COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-WESTERN CAMPUS (about 4 miles; BRENTWOOD, NY; Full-time enrollment: 3,485)
- SUNY COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY AT FARMINGDALE (about 11 miles; FARMINGDALE, NY; FT enrollment: 3,831)
- DOWLING COLLEGE (about 12 miles; OAKDALE, NY; FT enrollment: 3,747)
- SUFFOLK COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-AMMERMAN CAMPUS (about 19 miles; SELDEN, NY; FT enrollment: 6,992)
- SAINT JOSEPHS COLLEGE-SUFFOLK CAMPUS (about 20 miles; PATCHOGUE, NY; FT enrollment: 2,617)
- HOFSTRA UNIVERSITY (about 22 miles; HEMPSTEAD, NY; FT enrollment: 10,842)
- NEW YORK INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY-OLD WESTBURY (about 22 miles; OLD WESTBURY, NY; FT enrollment: 4,459)
Park in Baywood: Causeway Park (1).
Baywood compared to New York state average:
- Median household income above state average.
- Median house value above state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Baywood:
- WGSM (740 AM; 25 kW; HUNTINGTON, NY; Owner: K RADIO LICENSEE, INC.)
- WLIE (540 AM; 3 kW; ISLIP, NY; Owner: LONG ISLAND MULTIMEDIA, LLC.)
- WFAN (660 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WCBS (880 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WMCA (570 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF NEW YORK, LLC)
- WOR (710 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BUCKLEY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WABC (770 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WABC-AM RADIO, INC.)
- WNYG (1440 AM; 1 kW; BABYLON, NY; Owner: MULTICULTURAL RADIO BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WHLI (1100 AM; daytime; 10 kW; HEMPSTEAD, NY)
- WQEW (1560 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: THE NEW YORK TIMES ELECTRONIC MEDIA COMPANY)
- WBBR (1130 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BLOOMBERG COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WEPN (1050 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK AM RADIO, LLC)
- WINS (1010 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Baywood:
- WMJC (94.3 FM; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: IW LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY)
- WBZO (103.1 FM; BAY SHORE, NY; Owner: MID-ISLAND BROADCASTING LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- W217AF (91.3 FM; HUNTINGTON STATION, NY; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WBAB (102.3 FM; BABYLON, NY; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WFRS (88.9 FM; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- WXBA (88.1 FM; BRENTWOOD, NY; Owner: BRENTWOOD UNION FREE SCHOOL DISTRICT)
- WALK-FM (97.5 FM; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WUSB (90.1 FM; STONY BROOK, NY; Owner: STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK)
- WBLI (106.1 FM; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- W289AD (105.7 FM; SELDEN, NY; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WKWZ (88.5 FM; SYOSSET, NY; Owner: SYOSSET CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT)
- WPOB (88.5 FM; PLAINVIEW, NY; Owner: PLAINVIEW-OLD BETHPAGE CENT SCH DIST)
- WKCR-FM (89.9 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: TRUSTEES OF COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY IN NEW YORK)
- WKTU (103.5 FM; LAKE SUCCESS, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, LLC)
- WPLJ (95.5 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WPLJ-FM RADIO, INC.)
- WQCD (101.9 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: EMMIS RADIO LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WCAA (105.9 FM; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: WADO-AM LICENSE CORP. ("WADO"))
- WNYC-FM (93.9 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WNYC RADIO)
- WBAI (99.5 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: PACIFICA FOUNDATION, INC.)
- WBLS (107.5 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ICBC BROADCAST HOLDINGS-NY, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Baywood:
- WNYW (Channel 5; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WLIW (Channel 21; GARDEN CITY, NY; Owner: EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WCBS-TV (Channel 2; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: CBS BROADCASTING INC.)
- WABC-TV (Channel 7; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: AMERICAN BROADCASTING COMPANIES, INC)
- WPIX (Channel 11; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WPIX, INC.)
- WWOR-TV (Channel 9; SECAUCUS, NJ; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WFTY (Channel 67; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: UNIVISION NEW YORK LLC)
- WXNY-LP (Channel 32; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ISLAND BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WNJU (Channel 47; LINDEN, NJ; Owner: WNJU LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WPXN-TV (Channel 31; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WFUT (Channel 68; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: UNIVISION NEW YORK LLC)
- WNBC (Channel 4; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NATIONAL BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WNET (Channel 13; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WXTV (Channel 41; PATERSON, NJ; Owner: WXTV LICENSE PARTNERSHIP, G.P.)
- WNYE-TV (Channel 25; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK CITY BOARD OF EDUCATION)
- WLNY (Channel 55; RIVERHEAD, NY; Owner: WLNY-TV, INC.)
- W27CB (Channel 27; HEMPSTEAD, NY; Owner: K LICENSEE INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.