Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 9,871
Males: 4,895 (49.6%), Females: 4,976 (50.4%)
Median resident age: 38.0 years
Median household income: $65,308 (year 2000)
Median house value: $188,100 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Bohemia:
- White Non-Hispanic (91.6%)
- Hispanic (4.4%)
- Two or more races (1.3%)
- Black (0.9%)
- Asian Indian (0.8%)
- Other race (0.8%)
- Chinese (0.8%)
Ancestries: Italian (38.5%), Irish (28.0%), German (22.3%), Polish (5.8%), English (5.2%), United States (2.9%).
New! New York forum
Elevation: 65 feet
Land area: 8.7 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Bohemia
- High school or higher: 84.7%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 20.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 8.4%
- Unemployed: 1.9%
- Mean travel time to work: 30.1 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Bohemia CDP
- Never married: 21.7%
- Now married: 60.3%
- Separated: 2.7%
- Widowed: 8.7%
- Divorced: 6.6%
5.8% Foreign born (2.4% Europe, 2.3% Asia, 0.8% Latin America).
Real Estate - Albertson Hamptons We Sell Investments to Live In! />
Island Luxury Homes - Gale Sotheby's International Luxury Real Estate Broker />
on Long Island - Properties offers apartments in desirable areas of Long Island. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: NY Islip, (7.6 miles pop. 322,612).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (55.4 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: Sayville, NY West (2.7 miles NY (2.7 miles Oakdale, NY (2.8 miles Sayville, NY Ronkonkoma, (3.2 miles NY (3.3 miles Holbrook, Ronkonkoma, NY (4.1 miles Lake Great River, NY (4.2 miles North NY (4.4 miles Bayport,
Latitude: 40.77 N, Longitude: 73.11 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 631
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (23.3%), Retail trade (12.8%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +12,023 (+121.8%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 799 (15.9%)
Average climate in Bohemia, New York
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Bohemia-area historical tornado activity is near New York state average. It is 58% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/10/1989, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 40.3 miles away from the Bohemia city center injured 40 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
On 7/10/1989, a category 2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 23.2 miles away from the city center injured one person.
Birthplace of: Mike Petke - Major League Soccer player (Colorado, born: Jan 30, 1976).
Main business address for: NBTY INC (PHARMACEUTICAL PREPARATIONS).
Hospitals/medical centers near Bohemia:
- BROOKHAVEN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 8 miles; PATCHOGUE, NY)
- ST CATHERINE OF SIENA MEDICAL CENTER (about 9 miles; SMITHTOWN, NY)
- PILGRIM STATE HOSP (about 10 miles; WEST BRENTWOOD, NY)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Bohemia:
- LONG ISLAND MAC ARTHUR (about 2 miles; ISLIP, NY; ID: ISP)
- REPUBLIC (about 21 miles; FARMINGDALE, NY; ID: FRG)
- IGOR I SIKORSKY MEMORIAL (about 27 miles; BRIDGEPORT, CT; ID: BDR)
Other public-use airports nearest to Bohemia:
- BAYPORT AERODROME (about 5 miles; BAYPORT, NY; ID: 23N)
- BROOKHAVEN (about 19 miles; SHIRLEY, NY; ID: HWV)
- LUFKER (about 26 miles; EAST MORICHES, NY; ID: O00)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Bohemia:
- DOWLING COLLEGE (about 3 miles; OAKDALE, NY; Full-time enrollment: 3,747)
- SAINT JOSEPHS COLLEGE-SUFFOLK CAMPUS (about 8 miles; PATCHOGUE, NY; FT enrollment: 2,617)
- SUFFOLK COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-AMMERMAN CAMPUS (about 9 miles; SELDEN, NY; FT enrollment: 6,992)
- SUFFOLK COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-WESTERN CAMPUS (about 10 miles; BRENTWOOD, NY; FT enrollment: 3,485)
- SUNY COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY AT FARMINGDALE (about 23 miles; FARMINGDALE, NY; FT enrollment: 3,831)
- FAIRFIELD UNIVERSITY (about 29 miles; FAIRFIELD, CT; FT enrollment: 4,197)
- SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY (about 31 miles; FAIRFIELD, CT; FT enrollment: 4,120)
Public high school in Bohemia:
- CONNETQUOT HS (Students: 1,594; Location: 190 SEVENTH ST; Grades: 10 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Bohemia:
- EDWARD J. BOSTI ES (Students: 625; Location: 50 BOURNE BLVD; Grades: KG - 06)
- SYCAMORE AVE ES (Students: 513; Location: 745 SYCAMORE AVE; Grades: KG - 06)
- JOHN PEARL ES (Students: 386; Location: 1070 SMITHTOWN AVE; Grades: KG - 06)
Library in Bohemia:
- CONNETQUOT PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $3,916,984; Location: 760 OCEAN AVENUE; 189,161 books; 42,330 audio materials; 13,452 video materials; 694 serial subscriptions)
Church in Bohemia: Saint Lukes Church (A).
Lakes and reservoirs: Slade Pond (A), East Pond (B), Main Pond (C).
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Middle Brook (A), West Brook (B).
Bohemia compared to New York state average:
- Median household income above state average.
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Bohemia:
- WLIM (1580 AM; 10 kW; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: POLNET COMMUNICATIONS, LTD.)
- WLIE (540 AM; 3 kW; ISLIP, NY; Owner: LONG ISLAND MULTIMEDIA, LLC.)
- WGSM (740 AM; 25 kW; HUNTINGTON, NY; Owner: K RADIO LICENSEE, INC.)
- WFAN (660 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WCBS (880 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WMCA (570 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF NEW YORK, LLC)
- WOR (710 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BUCKLEY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WABC (770 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WABC-AM RADIO, INC.)
- WEPN (1050 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK AM RADIO, LLC)
- WBBR (1130 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BLOOMBERG COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WQEW (1560 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: THE NEW YORK TIMES ELECTRONIC MEDIA COMPANY)
- WINS (1010 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WADO (1280 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WADO-AM LICENSE CORP.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Bohemia:
- WALK-FM (97.5 FM; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WFRS (88.9 FM; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- WUSB (90.1 FM; STONY BROOK, NY; Owner: STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK)
- WBZO (103.1 FM; BAY SHORE, NY; Owner: MID-ISLAND BROADCASTING LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- W289AD (105.7 FM; SELDEN, NY; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WBLI (106.1 FM; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WSHR (91.9 FM; LAKE RONKONKOMA, NY; Owner: SACHEM CENTRAL SCH DIST HOLBROOK)
- WMJC (94.3 FM; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: IW LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY)
- WLIU (88.3 FM; SOUTHAMPTON, NY; Owner: LONG ISLAND UNIVERSITY PUBLIC RADIO NETWORK)
- W217AF (91.3 FM; HUNTINGTON STATION, NY; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WBAB (102.3 FM; BABYLON, NY; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WXXP (105.3 FM; CALVERTON-ROANOKE, NY; Owner: JARAD BROADCASTING CO. OF CALVERTON, INC)
- WRCN-FM (103.9 FM; RIVERHEAD, NY; Owner: IW LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY)
- WEZN-FM (99.9 FM; BRIDGEPORT, CT; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WLVG (96.1 FM; CENTER MORICHES, NY; Owner: WAY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WDRE (98.5 FM; WESTHAMPTON, NY; Owner: JARAD BROADCATING COMPANY OF WESTHAMPTON, INC.)
- WXBA (88.1 FM; BRENTWOOD, NY; Owner: BRENTWOOD UNION FREE SCHOOL DISTRICT)
TV broadcast stations around Bohemia:
- WFTY (Channel 67; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: UNIVISION NEW YORK LLC)
- WLNY (Channel 55; RIVERHEAD, NY; Owner: WLNY-TV, INC.)
- W26CE (Channel 26; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ATLANTIC COAST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WLIW (Channel 21; GARDEN CITY, NY; Owner: EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.