Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 53,917
Males: 26,979 (50.0%), Females: 26,938 (50.0%)
Median resident age: 31.0 years
Median household income: $59,208 (year 2000)
Median house value: $139,000 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Brentwood:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- Hispanic (54.3%)
- Other race (25.4%)
- White Non-Hispanic (24.9%)
- Black (18.1%)
- Two or more races (6.1%)
- American Indian (1.4%)
- Asian Indian (0.9%)
Ancestries: Italian (7.9%), Irish (6.8%), West Indian (4.6%), German (4.4%), United States (2.5%), English (1.6%).
New! New York forum
Elevation: 80 feet
Land area: 10.1 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Brentwood
- High school or higher: 65.8%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 11.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.3%
- Unemployed: 5.8%
- Mean travel time to work: 29.1 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Brentwood CDP
- Never married: 33.8%
- Now married: 51.6%
- Separated: 3.4%
- Widowed: 4.5%
- Divorced: 6.7%
34.7% Foreign born (30.8% Latin America).
on Long Island - Properties offers apartments in desirable areas of Long Island. />
Bay Homes - Through Our MLS List & Find Your Fantastic Dream Home Today. />
a Home in Brentwood - the Brentwood MLS Now Find a Home and a Realtor®, aff />
Island Luxury Homes - Gale Sotheby's International Luxury Real Estate Broker />
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: NY Islip, (3.5 miles pop. 322,612).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (46.6 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: Bay Shore, NY (1.9 miles North Islip, NY (3.1 miles Central NY Islip, (3.5 miles NY Hauppauge, (3.6 miles Shore, NY Bay (3.7 miles NY (3.8 miles Baywood, NY (4.4 miles Brightwaters,
Latitude: 40.78 N, Longitude: 73.24 W
Area codes: 631, 516
Industries providing employment: Manufacturing (23.7%), Educational,health and social services (17.0%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -11,437 (-21.2%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 2,516 (10.9%)
Average climate in Brentwood, New York
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Brentwood-area historical tornado activity is near New York state average. It is 56% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/10/1989, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 43.4 miles away from the Brentwood city center injured 40 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
On 9/18/1973, a category 2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 16.1 miles away from the city center .
Hospitals/medical centers near Brentwood:
- PILGRIM STATE HOSP (about 1 miles; WEST BRENTWOOD, NY)
- SOUTHSIDE HOSPITAL (about 4 miles; BAY SHORE, NY)
- ST CATHERINE OF SIENA MEDICAL CENTER (about 6 miles; SMITHTOWN, NY)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Brentwood:
- LONG ISLAND MAC ARTHUR (about 10 miles; ISLIP, NY; ID: ISP)
- REPUBLIC (about 12 miles; FARMINGDALE, NY; ID: FRG)
- IGOR I SIKORSKY MEMORIAL (about 27 miles; BRIDGEPORT, CT; ID: BDR)
Other public-use airports nearest to Brentwood:
- BAYPORT AERODROME (about 14 miles; BAYPORT, NY; ID: 23N)
- BROOKHAVEN (about 28 miles; SHIRLEY, NY; ID: HWV)
- SANDS POINT (about 32 miles; PORT WASHINGTON, NY; ID: 7N3)
Colleges/Universities in Brentwood:
- SUFFOLK COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-WESTERN CAMPUS (Full-time enrollment: 3,485; Location: CROOKED HILL RD; Public)
- LONG ISLAND UNIVERSITY-BRENTWOOD (FT enrollment: 446; Location: 100 SECOND AVENUE; Private, not-for-profit; Website: www.liu.edu; Offers Master's degree)
Other colleges/universities with over 2000 students near Brentwood:
- DOWLING COLLEGE (about 9 miles; OAKDALE, NY; Full-time enrollment: 3,747)
- SUNY COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY AT FARMINGDALE (about 15 miles; FARMINGDALE, NY; FT enrollment: 3,831)
- SUFFOLK COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-AMMERMAN CAMPUS (about 16 miles; SELDEN, NY; FT enrollment: 6,992)
- SAINT JOSEPHS COLLEGE-SUFFOLK CAMPUS (about 17 miles; PATCHOGUE, NY; FT enrollment: 2,617)
- NEW YORK INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY-OLD WESTBURY (about 25 miles; OLD WESTBURY, NY; FT enrollment: 4,459)
- SUNY COLLEGE AT OLD WESTBURY (about 25 miles; OLD WESTBURY, NY; FT enrollment: 2,594)
- HOFSTRA UNIVERSITY (about 25 miles; HEMPSTEAD, NY; FT enrollment: 10,842)
Public high school in Brentwood:
- BRENTWOOD HS (Students: 3,175; Location: 2 SIXTH AVE; Grades: 09 - 12)
Private high school in Brentwood:
- ACADEMY OF ST JOSEPH (Students: 422; Location: 1725 BRENTWOOD RD; Grades: PK - 12)
Biggest public primary/middle schools in Brentwood:
- FRESHMAN CTR (Students: 1,234; Location: 33 LEAHY AVE; Grades: 09 - 09)
- NORTH MS (Students: 1,126; Location: 350 WICKS RD; Grades: 06 - 08)
- EAST MS (Students: 1,036; Location: 70 HILLTOP DR; Grades: 06 - 08)
- NORTHEAST ES (Students: 1,032; Location: 2 DEVON RD; Grades: 01 - 05)
- SOUTH MS (Students: 965; Location: 785 CANDLEWOOD RD; Grades: 06 - 08)
- NORTH ES (Students: 849; Location: 50 W WHITE ST; Grades: 01 - 05)
- TWIN PINES ES (Students: 826; Location: 2 MUR PL; Grades: 01 - 05)
- LORETTA PARK ES (Students: 648; Location: 77 STAHLEY ST; Grades: 01 - 05)
- SOUTHEAST ES (Students: 620; Location: 1 MELODY LN; Grades: 01 - 05)
- EAST ES (Students: 614; Location: 50 TIMBERLINE DR; Grades: PK - KG)
Library in Brentwood:
- BRENTWOOD PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $4,188,262; Location: SECOND AVENUE & FOURTH STREET; 286,492 books; 14,994 audio materials; 14,947 video materials; 1,635 serial subscriptions)
Notable location: Brentwood Country Club (A).
Cemetery: Calvary Cemetery (1).
Brentwood compared to New York state average:
- Median household income above state average.
- Median house value above state average.
- Black race population percentage above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
- Population density above state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Brentwood:
- WLIE (540 AM; 3 kW; ISLIP, NY; Owner: LONG ISLAND MULTIMEDIA, LLC.)
- WGSM (740 AM; 25 kW; HUNTINGTON, NY; Owner: K RADIO LICENSEE, INC.)
- WFAN (660 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WCBS (880 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WMCA (570 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF NEW YORK, LLC)
- WLIM (1580 AM; 10 kW; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: POLNET COMMUNICATIONS, LTD.)
- WOR (710 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BUCKLEY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WABC (770 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WABC-AM RADIO, INC.)
- WQEW (1560 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: THE NEW YORK TIMES ELECTRONIC MEDIA COMPANY)
- WBBR (1130 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BLOOMBERG COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WEPN (1050 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK AM RADIO, LLC)
- WINS (1010 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WHLI (1100 AM; daytime; 10 kW; HEMPSTEAD, NY)
Strongest FM radio stations in Brentwood:
- WBZO (103.1 FM; BAY SHORE, NY; Owner: MID-ISLAND BROADCASTING LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WMJC (94.3 FM; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: IW LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY)
- WXBA (88.1 FM; BRENTWOOD, NY; Owner: BRENTWOOD UNION FREE SCHOOL DISTRICT)
- WFRS (88.9 FM; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- WALK-FM (97.5 FM; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- W217AF (91.3 FM; HUNTINGTON STATION, NY; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WBAB (102.3 FM; BABYLON, NY; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WUSB (90.1 FM; STONY BROOK, NY; Owner: STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK)
- WBLI (106.1 FM; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- W289AD (105.7 FM; SELDEN, NY; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WKCR-FM (89.9 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: TRUSTEES OF COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY IN NEW YORK)
- WPLJ (95.5 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WPLJ-FM RADIO, INC.)
- WSHR (91.9 FM; LAKE RONKONKOMA, NY; Owner: SACHEM CENTRAL SCH DIST HOLBROOK)
- WKTU (103.5 FM; LAKE SUCCESS, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, LLC)
- WQCD (101.9 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: EMMIS RADIO LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WNYC-FM (93.9 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WNYC RADIO)
- WCAA (105.9 FM; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: WADO-AM LICENSE CORP. ("WADO"))
- WBAI (99.5 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: PACIFICA FOUNDATION, INC.)
- WBLS (107.5 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ICBC BROADCAST HOLDINGS-NY, INC.)
- WLTW (106.7 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: AMFM NEW YORK LICENSES, LLC)
TV broadcast stations around Brentwood:
- WNYW (Channel 5; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WFTY (Channel 67; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: UNIVISION NEW YORK LLC)
- WCBS-TV (Channel 2; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: CBS BROADCASTING INC.)
- WABC-TV (Channel 7; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: AMERICAN BROADCASTING COMPANIES, INC)
- WPIX (Channel 11; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WPIX, INC.)
- WWOR-TV (Channel 9; SECAUCUS, NJ; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WLNY (Channel 55; RIVERHEAD, NY; Owner: WLNY-TV, INC.)
- WLIW (Channel 21; GARDEN CITY, NY; Owner: EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WXNY-LP (Channel 32; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ISLAND BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WNJU (Channel 47; LINDEN, NJ; Owner: WNJU LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WPXN-TV (Channel 31; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WFUT (Channel 68; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: UNIVISION NEW YORK LLC)
- WNBC (Channel 4; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NATIONAL BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WNET (Channel 13; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WXTV (Channel 41; PATERSON, NJ; Owner: WXTV LICENSE PARTNERSHIP, G.P.)
- WNYE-TV (Channel 25; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK CITY BOARD OF EDUCATION)
- W27CB (Channel 27; HEMPSTEAD, NY; Owner: K LICENSEE INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.