Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 7,760. Estimated population in July 2005: 7,578 (-2.3% change)
Males: 3,816 (49.2%), Females: 3,944 (50.8%)
Median resident age: 42.1 years
Median household income: $41,450 (year 2000)
Median house value: $77,900 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Busti:
- White Non-Hispanic (97.4%)
- Hispanic (0.7%)
- Two or more races (0.6%)
- Black (0.5%)
Ancestries: Swedish (25.5%), German (22.3%), English (17.4%), Irish (14.1%), Italian (11.3%), Polish (5.7%).
New! New York forum
Elevation: 1368 feet
For population 25 years and over in Busti
- High school or higher: 87.8%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 25.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 10.3%
- Unemployed: 5.9%
- Mean travel time to work: 18.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Busti town
- Never married: 20.2%
- Now married: 60.8%
- Separated: 1.6%
- Widowed: 7.3%
- Divorced: 10.1%
1.1% Foreign born
NY Real Estate - for Homes, Condos and Land By Map, Street Address, Mtg Payment />
York Real Estate - Listings, Find Local Brokers & Get Info on Buying a New NY Home />
Park Real Estate - HR to NYC! Carriage Houses to Estates in Historic Gated Village. />
Real Estate - Barrington, MA (413) 528-1188 Spencertown, NY (518) 392-4975 />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: PA Erie, (54.7 miles pop. 103,717).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: NY Buffalo, (66.9 miles pop. 292,648).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: PA Philadelphia, (317.4 miles pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: West, NY (3.9 miles Jamestown NY (4.8 miles Celoron, NY Jamestown, (5.0 miles NY (5.1 miles Lakewood, Grove, PA Sugar (5.6 miles NY (6.0 miles Kiantone, NY (8.0 miles Falconer, NY (8.5 miles Frewsburg,
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 11 buildings, average cost: $102,400
- 1997: 16 buildings, average cost: $145,000
- 1998: 8 buildings, average cost: $145,700
- 1999: 8 buildings, average cost: $150,300
- 2000: 13 buildings, average cost: $139,200
- 2001: 15 buildings, average cost: $207,600
- 2002: 15 buildings, average cost: $208,000
- 2003: 14 buildings, average cost: $176,100
- 2004: 13 buildings, average cost: $183,800
- 2005: 11 buildings, average cost: $162,700
Latitude: 42.04 N, Longitude: 79.28 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 716
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (24.7%), Manufacturing (23.2%), Retail trade (12.1%).
Average climate in Busti, New York
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Busti-area historical tornado activity is above New York state average. It is 26% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/31/1985, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 10.1 miles away from the Busti city center .
On 5/31/1985, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 3.7 miles away from the city center injured 10 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
alt="Busti topographic map" align="right" border="0" height="300" width="400" />
Hospitals/medical centers near Busti:
- WOMANS CHRISTIAN ASSOC HOSPITAL (about 5 miles; JAMESTOWN, NY)
- WARREN GENERAL HOSPITAL (about 16 miles; WARREN, PA)
- WARREN STATE HOSP (about 16 miles; WARREN, PA)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Busti:
- CHAUTAUQUA COUNTY/JAMESTOWN (about 9 miles; JAMESTOWN, NY; ID: JHW)
- BRADFORD REGIONAL (about 48 miles; BRADFORD, PA; ID: BFD)
- VENANGO REGIONAL (about 61 miles; FRANKLIN, PA; ID: FKL)
Other public-use airports nearest to Busti:
- BROKENSTRAW (about 16 miles; PITTSFIELD, PA; ID: P15)
- DART (about 21 miles; MAYVILLE, NY; ID: D79)
- RANDOLPH (about 22 miles; RANDOLPH, NY; ID: D85)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Busti:
- JAMESTOWN COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 5 miles; JAMESTOWN, NY; Full-time enrollment: 2,662)
- SUNY COLLEGE AT FREDONIA (about 27 miles; FREDONIA, NY; FT enrollment: 4,758)
- SAINT BONAVENTURE UNIVERSITY (about 45 miles; ST BONAVENTURE, NY; FT enrollment: 2,538)
- NORTHWEST PENNSYLVANIA TECHNICAL INSTITUTE (about 50 miles; ERIE, PA; FT enrollment: 3,304)
- EDINBORO UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA (about 55 miles; EDINBORO, PA; FT enrollment: 6,631)
- PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIV-PENN ST ERIE-BEHREND COLL (about 55 miles; ERIE, PA; FT enrollment: 3,481)
- MERCYHURST COLLEGE (about 55 miles; ERIE, PA; FT enrollment: 2,824)
Busti compared to New York state average:
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Busti:
- WKSN (1340 AM; 1 kW; JAMESTOWN, NY; Owner: VOX ALLEGANY, L.L.C.)
- WJTN (1240 AM; 1 kW; JAMESTOWN, NY; Owner: MEDIA ONE GROUP, LLC)
- WNAE (1310 AM; 5 kW; WARREN, PA; Owner: KINZUA BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WWKB (1520 AM; 50 kW; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: ENTERCOM BUFFALO LICENSE, LLC)
- KDKA (1020 AM; 50 kW; PITTSBURGH, PA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WHAM (1180 AM; 50 kW; ROCHESTER, NY; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WGR (550 AM; 5 kW; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: ENTERCOM BUFFALO LICENSE, LLC)
- WKNR (850 AM; 50 kW; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: CARON BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WGGO (1590 AM; 5 kW; SALAMANCA, NY; Owner: CATT COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WNED (970 AM; 5 kW; BUFFALO, NY)
- WTOR (770 AM; daytime; 9 kW; YOUNGSTOWN, NY; Owner: BIRACH BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WTAM (1100 AM; 50 kW; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: JACOR BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WWVA (1170 AM; 53 kW; WHEELING, WV; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
Strongest FM radio stations in Busti:
- WWSE (93.3 FM; JAMESTOWN, NY; Owner: MEDIA ONE GROUP, LLC)
- WKZA (106.9 FM; LAKEWOOD, NY; Owner: CROSS COUNTRY COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- WUBJ (88.1 FM; JAMESTOWN, NY; Owner: STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK)
- WNJA (89.7 FM; JAMESTOWN, NY; Owner: WESTERN NEW YORK PUBLIC B/CING ASSOC)
- WQFX-FM (103.1 FM; RUSSELL, PA; Owner: SOUTHBRIDGE RADIO CORPORATION)
- WMHU (101.9 FM; JAMESTOWN, NY; Owner: VOX ALLEGANY, L.L.C.)
- W205BA (88.9 FM; JAMESTOWN, NY; Owner: BIBLE BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- WCOT (90.9 FM; JAMESTOWN, NY; Owner: FAMILY LIFE MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WBKX (96.5 FM; FREDONIA, NY; Owner: CHADWICK BAY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WRRN (92.3 FM; WARREN, PA; Owner: KINZUA BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WKNB (104.3 FM; CLARENDON, PA; Owner: KINZUA BROADCASTING CO., INC)
- WOGM-LP (105.9 FM; JAMESTOWN, NY; Owner: LIGHTHOUSE BAPTIST CHURCH)
TV broadcast stations around Busti:
- W46BA (Channel 46; JAMESTOWN, NY; Owner: WESTERN NEW YORK PUBLIC B/CING.ASSN.)
- WNYB (Channel 26; JAMESTOWN, NY; Owner: FAITH BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- W10BH (Channel 10; JAMESTOWN, NY; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.