Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 31,950
Males: 15,774 (49.4%), Females: 16,176 (50.6%)
Median resident age: 31.6 years
Median household income: $55,504 (year 2000)
Median house value: $134,800 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Central Islip:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- Hispanic (35.8%)
- White Non-Hispanic (31.8%)
- Black (27.4%)
- Other race (16.0%)
- Two or more races (5.0%)
- Asian Indian (1.6%)
- American Indian (1.3%)
Ancestries: Italian (10.0%), Irish (9.8%), German (6.5%), West Indian (6.4%), English (2.2%), United States (2.2%).Islip, New York
Elevation: 88 feet
Land area: 7.3 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Central Islip
- High school or higher: 74.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 14.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.7%
- Unemployed: 6.1%
- Mean travel time to work: 30.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Central Islip CDP
- Never married: 35.2%
- Now married: 47.9%
- Separated: 4.2%
- Widowed: 4.2%
- Divorced: 8.4%
22.9% Foreign born (19.4% Latin America).
on Long Island - Properties offers apartments in desirable areas of Long Island. />
Island Luxury Homes - Gale Sotheby's International Luxury Real Estate Broker />
- Strike style - food, bar, music & video wall A perfect place for private events! />
Island Real Estate - or selling Mike Costanza is your answer. Save thousands in fees />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: NY (3.1 miles Brentwood, pop. 53,917).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: NY Islip, (3.5 miles pop. 322,612).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (49.7 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: Great River, NY (2.2 miles North NY (2.3 miles Islandia, NY Hauppauge, (2.4 miles Terrace, NY (2.6 miles Islip NY (3.1 miles Brentwood, NY Islip, (3.5 miles Islip, NY (3.7 miles East
Latitude: 40.78 N, Longitude: 73.20 W
Area codes: 631, 516
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (21.8%), Manufacturing (16.7%), Retail trade (10.7%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -6,805 (-21.3%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,366 (9.6%)
Average climate in Central Islip, New York
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Central Islip-area historical tornado activity is near New York state average. It is 56% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/10/1989, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 41.7 miles away from the Central Islip city center injured 40 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
On 9/18/1973, a category 2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 19.0 miles away from the city center .
Birthplace of: Donald Brown - College basketball player (Bucknell Bison), Solomon Bamiro - College basketball player (Stony Brook Seawolves).
Hospitals/medical centers near Central Islip:
- PILGRIM STATE HOSP (about 4 miles; WEST BRENTWOOD, NY)
- ST CATHERINE OF SIENA MEDICAL CENTER (about 5 miles; SMITHTOWN, NY)
- SOUTHSIDE HOSPITAL (about 6 miles; BAY SHORE, NY)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Central Islip:
- LONG ISLAND MAC ARTHUR (about 7 miles; ISLIP, NY; ID: ISP)
- REPUBLIC (about 15 miles; FARMINGDALE, NY; ID: FRG)
- IGOR I SIKORSKY MEMORIAL (about 26 miles; BRIDGEPORT, CT; ID: BDR)
Other public-use airports nearest to Central Islip:
- BAYPORT AERODROME (about 11 miles; BAYPORT, NY; ID: 23N)
- BROOKHAVEN (about 25 miles; SHIRLEY, NY; ID: HWV)
- LUFKER (about 32 miles; EAST MORICHES, NY; ID: O00)
College/University in Central Islip:
- NEW YORK INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY-CENTRAL ISLIP (Full-time enrollment: 708; Location: 211 CARLETON AVE; Private, not-for-profit; Website: www.nyit.edu; Offers Master's degree)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Central Islip:
- SUFFOLK COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-WESTERN CAMPUS (about 4 miles; BRENTWOOD, NY; Full-time enrollment: 3,485)
- DOWLING COLLEGE (about 6 miles; OAKDALE, NY; FT enrollment: 3,747)
- SUFFOLK COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-AMMERMAN CAMPUS (about 13 miles; SELDEN, NY; FT enrollment: 6,992)
- SAINT JOSEPHS COLLEGE-SUFFOLK CAMPUS (about 14 miles; PATCHOGUE, NY; FT enrollment: 2,617)
- SUNY COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY AT FARMINGDALE (about 18 miles; FARMINGDALE, NY; FT enrollment: 3,831)
- FAIRFIELD UNIVERSITY (about 27 miles; FAIRFIELD, CT; FT enrollment: 4,197)
- NORWALK COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 27 miles; NORWALK, CT; FT enrollment: 2,772)
Public high school in Central Islip:
- CENTRAL ISLIP SHS (Students: 1,881; Location: 85 WHEELER RD; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Central Islip:
- RALPH REED SCHOOL (Students: 1,091; Location: 200 HALF MILE RD; Grades: 07 - 08)
- CHARLES A. MULLIGAN SCHOOL (Students: 822; Location: ONE BROADWAY; Grades: 01 - 06)
- ANDREW T. MORROW SCHOOL (Students: 786; Location: 299 SYCAMORE LN; Grades: 01 - 06)
- CENTRAL ISLIP EARLY CHLDHD CTR (Students: 634; Location: 50 WHEELER RD; Grades: PK - KG)
- MARGUERITE L. MULVEY SCHOOL (Students: 535; Location: 44 E CHERRY ST; Grades: 01 - 06)
- FRANCIS J. O'NEILL SCHOOL (Students: 524; Location: 545 CLAYTON ST; Grades: 01 - 06)
- CORDELLO AVE ES (Students: 468; Location: 51 CORDELLO AVENUE; Grades: 01 - 06)
Private primary/middle school in Central Islip:
- OUR LADY OF PROVIDENCE REG. SC (Students: 603; Location: 82 CARLETON AVENUE; Grades: PK - 8)
Library in Central Islip:
- CENTRAL ISLIP PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $1,360,048; Location: 33 HAWTHORNE AVENUE; 128,262 books; 6,298 audio materials; 3,608 video materials; 237 serial subscriptions)
Cemetery: Saint Johns Cemetery (1).
Central Islip compared to New York state average:
- Median household income above state average.
- Median house value above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Population density above state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Central Islip:
- WLIE (540 AM; 3 kW; ISLIP, NY; Owner: LONG ISLAND MULTIMEDIA, LLC.)
- WGSM (740 AM; 25 kW; HUNTINGTON, NY; Owner: K RADIO LICENSEE, INC.)
- WFAN (660 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WCBS (880 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WLIM (1580 AM; 10 kW; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: POLNET COMMUNICATIONS, LTD.)
- WMCA (570 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF NEW YORK, LLC)
- WOR (710 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BUCKLEY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WABC (770 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WABC-AM RADIO, INC.)
- WQEW (1560 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: THE NEW YORK TIMES ELECTRONIC MEDIA COMPANY)
- WBBR (1130 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BLOOMBERG COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WEPN (1050 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK AM RADIO, LLC)
- WINS (1010 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WADO (1280 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WADO-AM LICENSE CORP.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Central Islip:
- WFRS (88.9 FM; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- WBZO (103.1 FM; BAY SHORE, NY; Owner: MID-ISLAND BROADCASTING LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WMJC (94.3 FM; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: IW LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY)
- WALK-FM (97.5 FM; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WUSB (90.1 FM; STONY BROOK, NY; Owner: STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK)
- W289AD (105.7 FM; SELDEN, NY; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WBLI (106.1 FM; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WXBA (88.1 FM; BRENTWOOD, NY; Owner: BRENTWOOD UNION FREE SCHOOL DISTRICT)
- W217AF (91.3 FM; HUNTINGTON STATION, NY; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WBAB (102.3 FM; BABYLON, NY; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WSHR (91.9 FM; LAKE RONKONKOMA, NY; Owner: SACHEM CENTRAL SCH DIST HOLBROOK)
- WLIU (88.3 FM; SOUTHAMPTON, NY; Owner: LONG ISLAND UNIVERSITY PUBLIC RADIO NETWORK)
- WKCR-FM (89.9 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: TRUSTEES OF COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY IN NEW YORK)
- WPLJ (95.5 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WPLJ-FM RADIO, INC.)
- WEZN-FM (99.9 FM; BRIDGEPORT, CT; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WSHU-FM (91.1 FM; FAIRFIELD, CT; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WXXP (105.3 FM; CALVERTON-ROANOKE, NY; Owner: JARAD BROADCASTING CO. OF CALVERTON, INC)
- WKWZ (88.5 FM; SYOSSET, NY; Owner: SYOSSET CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT)
- WPOB (88.5 FM; PLAINVIEW, NY; Owner: PLAINVIEW-OLD BETHPAGE CENT SCH DIST)
- WRCN-FM (103.9 FM; RIVERHEAD, NY; Owner: IW LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY)
TV broadcast stations around Central Islip:
- WFTY (Channel 67; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: UNIVISION NEW YORK LLC)
- WNYW (Channel 5; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WLNY (Channel 55; RIVERHEAD, NY; Owner: WLNY-TV, INC.)
- WNJU (Channel 47; LINDEN, NJ; Owner: WNJU LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WXNY-LP (Channel 32; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ISLAND BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WLIW (Channel 21; GARDEN CITY, NY; Owner: EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- W26CE (Channel 26; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ATLANTIC COAST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.