Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 36,367
Males: 17,759 (48.8%), Females: 18,608 (51.2%)
Median resident age: 38.7 years
Median household income: $84,009 (year 2000)
Median house value: $253,700 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Commack:
- White Non-Hispanic (92.1%)
- Hispanic (2.9%)
- Asian Indian (1.1%)
- Korean (1.0%)
- Chinese (1.0%)
- Two or more races (0.7%)
- Black (0.6%)
Ancestries: Italian (33.3%), Irish (19.4%), German (14.1%), Polish (7.7%), Russian (5.8%), United States (4.1%).
New! New York forum
Elevation: 130 feet
Land area: 12.1 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Commack
- High school or higher: 92.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 37.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 14.8%
- Unemployed: 2.9%
- Mean travel time to work: 33.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Commack CDP
- Never married: 19.2%
- Now married: 68.9%
- Separated: 1.0%
- Widowed: 6.5%
- Divorced: 4.4%
9.4% Foreign born (4.1% Europe, 3.6% Asia, 1.3% Latin America).
on Long Island - Properties offers apartments in desirable areas of Long Island. />
Island Luxury Homes - Gale Sotheby's International Luxury Real Estate Broker />
- Strike style - food, bar, music & video wall A perfect place for private events! />
Island Real Estate - or selling Mike Costanza is your answer. Save thousands in fees />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: NY Smithtown, (4.8 miles pop. 115,715).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: NY Islip, (8.6 miles pop. 322,612).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (44.7 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: NY (3.6 miles Elwood, Northport, NY (3.7 miles East Park, NY (4.1 miles Kings Salonga, NY (4.4 miles Fort NY Smithtown, (4.8 miles Hills, NY (4.9 miles Dix NY (5.1 miles Brentwood,
Latitude: 40.85 N, Longitude: 73.28 W
Area code: 631
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (23.0%), Retail trade (11.9%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (11.6%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -1,676 (-4.6%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 2,672 (15.7%)
Average climate in Commack, New York
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Commack-area historical tornado activity is slightly above New York state average. It is 52% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/10/1989, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 41.3 miles away from the Commack city center injured 40 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
On 9/18/1973, a category 2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 16.7 miles away from the city center .
Birthplace of: Rosie O'Donnell - (born 1962), actress, comedian and talk show host.
Hospitals/medical centers near Commack:
- PILGRIM STATE HOSP (about 5 miles; WEST BRENTWOOD, NY)
- ST CATHERINE OF SIENA MEDICAL CENTER (about 6 miles; SMITHTOWN, NY)
- SOUTHSIDE HOSPITAL (about 9 miles; BAY SHORE, NY)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Commack:
- REPUBLIC (about 12 miles; FARMINGDALE, NY; ID: FRG)
- LONG ISLAND MAC ARTHUR (about 14 miles; ISLIP, NY; ID: ISP)
- IGOR I SIKORSKY MEMORIAL (about 24 miles; BRIDGEPORT, CT; ID: BDR)
Other public-use airports nearest to Commack:
- BAYPORT AERODROME (about 18 miles; BAYPORT, NY; ID: 23N)
- SANDS POINT (about 29 miles; PORT WASHINGTON, NY; ID: 7N3)
- BROOKHAVEN (about 31 miles; SHIRLEY, NY; ID: HWV)
College/University in Commack:
- LONG ISLAND BUSINESS INSTITUTE (Full-time enrollment: 59; Location: 6500 JERICHO TPK; Private, for-profit; Website: www.libinstitute.com)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Commack:
- SUFFOLK COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-WESTERN CAMPUS (about 5 miles; BRENTWOOD, NY; Full-time enrollment: 3,485)
- DOWLING COLLEGE (about 13 miles; OAKDALE, NY; FT enrollment: 3,747)
- SUNY COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY AT FARMINGDALE (about 14 miles; FARMINGDALE, NY; FT enrollment: 3,831)
- SUFFOLK COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-AMMERMAN CAMPUS (about 17 miles; SELDEN, NY; FT enrollment: 6,992)
- NORWALK COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 20 miles; NORWALK, CT; FT enrollment: 2,772)
- SAINT JOSEPHS COLLEGE-SUFFOLK CAMPUS (about 21 miles; PATCHOGUE, NY; FT enrollment: 2,617)
- FAIRFIELD UNIVERSITY (about 22 miles; FAIRFIELD, CT; FT enrollment: 4,197)
Public high school in Commack:
- COMMACK HS (Students: 2,119; Location: 1 SCHOLAR LN; Grades: 09 - 12)
Private high school in Commack:
- TORAH ACADEMY OF SUFFOLK CO (Students: 39; Location: 40 KINGS PARK RD; Grades: 9 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Commack:
- COMMACK MS (Students: 1,755; Location: 700 VANDERBILT PKY; Grades: 06 - 08)
- BURR IS (Students: 1,007; Location: 235 BURR RD; Grades: 03 - 05)
- SAWMILL IS (Students: 797; Location: 103 NEW HWY; Grades: 03 - 05)
- NORTH RIDGE SCHOOL (Students: 567; Location: 300 TOWNLINE RD; Grades: KG - 02)
- WOOD PARK SCHOOL (Students: 508; Location: 15 NEW HWY; Grades: KG - 02)
- INDIAN HOLLOW SCHOOL (Students: 428; Location: 151 KINGS PARK RD; Grades: KG - 02)
Private primary/middle schools in Commack:
- HOLY FAMILY REGIONAL SCHOOL (Students: 489; Location: INDIAN HEAD ROAD; Grades: PK - 8)
- SAGTIKOS EDUCAR ARC-SUFFOLK CO (Students: 135; Location: 29 PINEWOOD DR; Grades: PK - UG)
- SOLOMON SCHECHTER DAY SCHOOL (Students: 124; Location: 74 HAUPPAUGE RD; Grades: KG - 8)
- THE CHILDREN'S CENTER AT U.C.P (Students: 29; Location: 9 SMITHS LANE; Grades: UG - UG)
Library in Commack:
- COMMACK PUBLIC LIBRARY DISTRICT (Operating income: $2,483,167; Location: 18 HAUPPAUGE ROAD; 151,441 books; 15,803 audio materials; 9,372 video materials; 1,965 serial subscriptions)
Notable locations in Commack: Commack Hills Country Club (A), Bishop McConnel Day Camp (B).
Cemeteries: Holy Cross Cemetery (1), Commack Cemetery (2).
Parks in Commack include: Commack Park (1), Burr-Winkle Park (2), Sunshine Acres Park (3), Valmont Village Park (4).
Commack compared to New York state average:
- Median household income significantly above state average.
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage above state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Number of rooms per house above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Commack:
- WGSM (740 AM; 25 kW; HUNTINGTON, NY; Owner: K RADIO LICENSEE, INC.)
- WLIE (540 AM; 3 kW; ISLIP, NY; Owner: LONG ISLAND MULTIMEDIA, LLC.)
- WFAN (660 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WCBS (880 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WMCA (570 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF NEW YORK, LLC)
- WOR (710 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BUCKLEY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WABC (770 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WABC-AM RADIO, INC.)
- WQEW (1560 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: THE NEW YORK TIMES ELECTRONIC MEDIA COMPANY)
- WBBR (1130 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BLOOMBERG COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WEPN (1050 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK AM RADIO, LLC)
- WLIM (1580 AM; 10 kW; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: POLNET COMMUNICATIONS, LTD.)
- WINS (1010 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WHLI (1100 AM; daytime; 10 kW; HEMPSTEAD, NY)
Strongest FM radio stations in Commack:
- WMJC (94.3 FM; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: IW LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY)
- WBAB (102.3 FM; BABYLON, NY; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WBZO (103.1 FM; BAY SHORE, NY; Owner: MID-ISLAND BROADCASTING LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WFRS (88.9 FM; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- W217AF (91.3 FM; HUNTINGTON STATION, NY; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WALK-FM (97.5 FM; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WUSB (90.1 FM; STONY BROOK, NY; Owner: STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK)
- WBLI (106.1 FM; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- W289AD (105.7 FM; SELDEN, NY; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WXBA (88.1 FM; BRENTWOOD, NY; Owner: BRENTWOOD UNION FREE SCHOOL DISTRICT)
- WKWZ (88.5 FM; SYOSSET, NY; Owner: SYOSSET CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT)
- WPOB (88.5 FM; PLAINVIEW, NY; Owner: PLAINVIEW-OLD BETHPAGE CENT SCH DIST)
- WPLJ (95.5 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WPLJ-FM RADIO, INC.)
- WKCR-FM (89.9 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: TRUSTEES OF COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY IN NEW YORK)
- WKTU (103.5 FM; LAKE SUCCESS, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, LLC)
- WQCD (101.9 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: EMMIS RADIO LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WCAA (105.9 FM; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: WADO-AM LICENSE CORP. ("WADO"))
- WAXQ (104.3 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: AMFM NEW YORK LICENSES, LLC)
- WHTZ (100.3 FM; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WWPR-FM (105.1 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
TV broadcast stations around Commack:
- WNYW (Channel 5; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WCBS-TV (Channel 2; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: CBS BROADCASTING INC.)
- WLIW (Channel 21; GARDEN CITY, NY; Owner: EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WABC-TV (Channel 7; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: AMERICAN BROADCASTING COMPANIES, INC)
- WPIX (Channel 11; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WPIX, INC.)
- WWOR-TV (Channel 9; SECAUCUS, NJ; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WFTY (Channel 67; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: UNIVISION NEW YORK LLC)
- WXNY-LP (Channel 32; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ISLAND BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WNJU (Channel 47; LINDEN, NJ; Owner: WNJU LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WPXN-TV (Channel 31; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WLNY (Channel 55; RIVERHEAD, NY; Owner: WLNY-TV, INC.)
- WFUT (Channel 68; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: UNIVISION NEW YORK LLC)
- WNBC (Channel 4; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NATIONAL BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WNET (Channel 13; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WXTV (Channel 41; PATERSON, NJ; Owner: WXTV LICENSE PARTNERSHIP, G.P.)
- WNYE-TV (Channel 25; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK CITY BOARD OF EDUCATION)
- W27CB (Channel 27; HEMPSTEAD, NY; Owner: K LICENSEE INC.)
- WEDW (Channel 49; BRIDGEPORT, CT; Owner: CONNECTICUT PUBLIC BROADCASTING, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.