Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 21,922
Males: 10,929 (49.9%), Females: 10,993 (50.1%)
Median resident age: 36.6 years
Median household income: $58,906 (year 2000)
Median house value: $154,900 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Copiague:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (72.3%)
- Hispanic (20.5%)
- Other race (8.5%)
- Black (4.4%)
- Two or more races (3.1%)
- Asian Indian (0.7%)
Ancestries: Italian (30.9%), Irish (19.4%), German (14.4%), Polish (6.4%), English (3.9%), United States (3.0%).
New! New York forum
Land area: 3.2 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Copiague
- High school or higher: 77.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 13.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.2%
- Unemployed: 4.9%
- Mean travel time to work: 31.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Copiague CDP
- Never married: 27.2%
- Now married: 55.7%
- Separated: 2.5%
- Widowed: 6.1%
- Divorced: 8.4%
21.7% Foreign born (12.6% Latin America, 6.9% Europe).
on Long Island - Properties offers apartments in desirable areas of Long Island. />
, NY Homes - Help From A Local Expert, Scout Neighborhoods, Mortgages & More />
Bay Homes - Through Our MLS List & Find Your Fantastic Dream Home Today. />
- Film & MultiMedia Production Full HD Facility, Rentals />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: NY (4.6 miles Babylon, pop. 211,792).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (36.1 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: NY Amityville, (1.5 miles NY Lindenhurst, (1.6 miles Amityville, NY (2.2 miles North Lindenhurst, NY (2.3 miles North Massapequa, NY (2.9 miles East Babylon, NY West (3.7 miles Park, NY (3.9 miles Massapequa Farmingdale, NY (4.2 miles East
Latitude: 40.67 N, Longitude: 73.39 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 631
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (17.5%), Manufacturing (13.7%), Retail trade (12.4%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -6,036 (-27.5%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,041 (9.9%)
Average climate in Copiague, New York
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Copiague-area historical tornado activity is near New York state average. It is 58% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 9/18/1973, a category 2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 3.9 miles away from the Copiague city center .
On 9/27/1970, a category 2 tornado 7.5 miles away from the city center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Birthplace of: James St. Robert - College basketball player (St. Francis (NY) Terriers).
Main business address for: TII NETWORK TECHNOLOGIES INC (SWITCHGEAR & SWITCHBOARD APPARATUS).
Hospitals/medical centers near Copiague:
- BRUNSWICK HOSPITAL (about 2 miles; AMITYVILLE, NY)
- BRUNSWICK PSYCH CENTER (about 2 miles; AMITYVILLE, NY)
- SOUTH OAKS HOSP (about 2 miles; AMITYVILLE, NY)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Copiague:
- REPUBLIC (about 3 miles; FARMINGDALE, NY; ID: FRG)
- LONG ISLAND MAC ARTHUR (about 22 miles; ISLIP, NY; ID: ISP)
- JOHN F KENNEDY INTL (about 26 miles; NEW YORK, NY; ID: JFK)
Other public-use airports nearest to Copiague:
- SANDS POINT (about 24 miles; PORT WASHINGTON, NY; ID: 7N3)
- BAYPORT AERODROME (about 25 miles; BAYPORT, NY; ID: 23N)
- FLUSHING (about 30 miles; NEW YORK/FLUSHING/, NY; ID: FLU)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Copiague:
- SUNY COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY AT FARMINGDALE (about 5 miles; FARMINGDALE, NY; Full-time enrollment: 3,831)
- SUFFOLK COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-WESTERN CAMPUS (about 13 miles; BRENTWOOD, NY; FT enrollment: 3,485)
- HOFSTRA UNIVERSITY (about 16 miles; HEMPSTEAD, NY; FT enrollment: 10,842)
- NEW YORK INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY-OLD WESTBURY (about 17 miles; OLD WESTBURY, NY; FT enrollment: 4,459)
- SUNY COLLEGE AT OLD WESTBURY (about 17 miles; OLD WESTBURY, NY; FT enrollment: 2,594)
- NASSAU COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 18 miles; GARDEN CITY, NY; FT enrollment: 13,710)
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY (about 18 miles; GARDEN CITY, NY; FT enrollment: 4,074)
Public high school in Copiague:
- WALTER G. O'CONNELL COPIAGUE HS (Students: 1,380; Location: 1100 DIXON AVE; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Copiague:
- COPIAGUE MS (Students: 1,194; Location: 2650 GREAT NECK RD; Grades: 06 - 08)
- DEAUVILLE GARDENS ES (Students: 945; Location: 100 DEAUVILLE BLVD; Grades: KG - 05)
- SUSAN E. WILEY SCHOOL (Students: 771; Location: SCUDDER AVE; Grades: KG - 05)
- GREAT NECK ROAD ES (Students: 531; Location: 1400 GREAT NECK RD; Grades: KG - 05)
Private primary/middle school in Copiague:
- COPIAGUE CHRISTIAN ACADEMY (Students: 142; Location: 2675 GREAT NECK RD; Grades: PK - 6)
Library in Copiague:
- COPIAGUE MEMORIAL PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $2,445,635; Location: 50 DEAUVILLE BOULEVARD; 124,305 books; 7,064 audio materials; 14,277 video materials; 5 serial subscriptions)
Creeks: Strongs Creek (A), Great Neck Creek (B), Howell Creek (C).
Park in Copiague: Tanner Park (1).
Copiague compared to New York state average:
- Median household income above state average.
- Median house value above state average.
- Black race population percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
- Population density above state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Copiague:
- WGSM (740 AM; 25 kW; HUNTINGTON, NY; Owner: K RADIO LICENSEE, INC.)
- WFAN (660 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WNYG (1440 AM; 1 kW; BABYLON, NY; Owner: MULTICULTURAL RADIO BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WCBS (880 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WHLI (1100 AM; daytime; 10 kW; HEMPSTEAD, NY)
- WMCA (570 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF NEW YORK, LLC)
- WOR (710 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BUCKLEY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WABC (770 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WABC-AM RADIO, INC.)
- WQEW (1560 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: THE NEW YORK TIMES ELECTRONIC MEDIA COMPANY)
- WLIE (540 AM; 3 kW; ISLIP, NY; Owner: LONG ISLAND MULTIMEDIA, LLC.)
- WBBR (1130 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BLOOMBERG COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WEPN (1050 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK AM RADIO, LLC)
- WINS (1010 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Copiague:
- W217AF (91.3 FM; HUNTINGTON STATION, NY; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WMJC (94.3 FM; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: IW LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY)
- WBZO (103.1 FM; BAY SHORE, NY; Owner: MID-ISLAND BROADCASTING LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WBAB (102.3 FM; BABYLON, NY; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WALK-FM (97.5 FM; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WKWZ (88.5 FM; SYOSSET, NY; Owner: SYOSSET CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT)
- WPOB (88.5 FM; PLAINVIEW, NY; Owner: PLAINVIEW-OLD BETHPAGE CENT SCH DIST)
- WKCR-FM (89.9 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: TRUSTEES OF COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY IN NEW YORK)
- WKTU (103.5 FM; LAKE SUCCESS, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, LLC)
- WQCD (101.9 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: EMMIS RADIO LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WFRS (88.9 FM; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- WNYC-FM (93.9 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WNYC RADIO)
- WCAA (105.9 FM; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: WADO-AM LICENSE CORP. ("WADO"))
- WBAI (99.5 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: PACIFICA FOUNDATION, INC.)
- WBLS (107.5 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ICBC BROADCAST HOLDINGS-NY, INC.)
- WLTW (106.7 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: AMFM NEW YORK LICENSES, LLC)
- WQXR-FM (96.3 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: THE NEW YORK TIMES ELECTRONIC MEDIA COMPANY)
- WSKQ-FM (97.9 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WSKQ LICENSING, INC.)
- WXRK (92.3 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WAXQ (104.3 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: AMFM NEW YORK LICENSES, LLC)
TV broadcast stations around Copiague:
- WLIW (Channel 21; GARDEN CITY, NY; Owner: EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WNYW (Channel 5; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WCBS-TV (Channel 2; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: CBS BROADCASTING INC.)
- WABC-TV (Channel 7; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: AMERICAN BROADCASTING COMPANIES, INC)
- WPIX (Channel 11; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WPIX, INC.)
- WWOR-TV (Channel 9; SECAUCUS, NJ; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WXNY-LP (Channel 32; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ISLAND BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WNJU (Channel 47; LINDEN, NJ; Owner: WNJU LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WPXN-TV (Channel 31; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WFUT (Channel 68; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: UNIVISION NEW YORK LLC)
- WNBC (Channel 4; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NATIONAL BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WNET (Channel 13; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WXTV (Channel 41; PATERSON, NJ; Owner: WXTV LICENSE PARTNERSHIP, G.P.)
- WNYE-TV (Channel 25; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK CITY BOARD OF EDUCATION)
- W27CB (Channel 27; HEMPSTEAD, NY; Owner: K LICENSEE INC.)
- WKOB-LP (Channel 53; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WKOB COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WEBR-CA (Channel 17; MANHATTAN, NY; Owner: K LICENSEE INC.)
- WRNN-LP (Channel 57; NYACK, NY; Owner: LP NYACK LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- W60AI (Channel 60; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: VENTANA TELEVISION, INC.)
- WPXU-LP (Channel 38; AMITYVILLE, NY; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LPTV, INC.)
- WLIG-LP (Channel 54; MINEOLA, NY; Owner: WLNY-TV, INC.)
- WFTY (Channel 67; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: UNIVISION NEW YORK LLC)
- W38CL (Channel 38; BRONX, NY; Owner: RENARD COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.