Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 12,307. Estimated population in July 2005: 12,826 (+4.2% change)
Males: 5,901 (47.9%), Females: 6,406 (52.1%)
Median resident age: 38.2 years
Median household income: $59,537 (year 2000)
Median house value: $164,900 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Cornwall:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (91.2%)
- Hispanic (5.1%)
- Two or more races (1.3%)
- Black (1.3%)
- Other race (1.2%)
Ancestries: Irish (27.2%), Italian (23.4%), German (17.9%), English (10.4%), Polish (5.1%), United States (4.2%).
New! New York forum
For population 25 years and over in Cornwall
- High school or higher: 90.8%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 35.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 17.2%
- Unemployed: 3.4%
- Mean travel time to work: 31.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Cornwall town
- Never married: 22.0%
- Now married: 62.4%
- Separated: 2.3%
- Widowed: 6.9%
- Divorced: 6.4%
5.8% Foreign born (3.1% Europe, 1.6% Asia, 1.0% Latin America).
NY Real Estate - for Homes, Condos and Land By Map, Street Address, Mtg Payment />
Park Real Estate - HR to NYC! Carriage Houses to Estates in Historic Gated Village. />
York Real Estate - Listings, Find Local Brokers & Get Info on Buying a New NY Home />
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 53 buildings, average cost: $109,600
- 1997: 58 buildings, average cost: $124,800
- 1998: 89 buildings, average cost: $99,900
- 1999: 36 buildings, average cost: $135,600
- 2000: 20 buildings, average cost: $181,400
- 2001: 34 buildings, average cost: $160,800
- 2002: 35 buildings, average cost: $220,300
- 2003: 29 buildings, average cost: $221,800
- 2004: 46 buildings, average cost: $254,000
- 2005: 22 buildings, average cost: $236,600
Birthplace of: Bonnie Blair - (born 1964), Olympic gold medalist in speed skating, Phil Missere - College basketball player (St. John's Red Storm).
Hospital/medical center in Cornwall:
- CORNWALL HOSPITAL,THE (LAUREL AVE)
Public primary/middle schools in Cornwall:
- CORNWALL MS (Students: 1,021; Location: 122 MAIN ST; Grades: 05 - 08)
- CORNWALL ES (Students: 553; Location: LEE RD; Grades: KG - 04)
- WILLOW AVE ES (Students: 274; Location: 76 WILLOW AVE; Grades: KG - 04)
Library in Cornwall:
- CORNWALL PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $690,966; Location: 395 HUDSON STREET; 35,890 books; 1,993 audio materials; 1,685 video materials; 126 serial subscriptions)
Cornwall compared to New York state average:
- Median household income above state average.
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher above state average.
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.