Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 7,606. Estimated population in July 2005: 7,803 (+2.6% change)
Males: 3,619 (47.6%), Females: 3,987 (52.4%)
Median resident age: 40.0 years
Median household income: $84,744 (year 2000)
Median house value: $266,600 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Croton-on-Hudson:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (87.7%)
- Hispanic (6.9%)
- Other race (2.6%)
- Black (1.9%)
- Two or more races (1.7%)
- Chinese (1.0%)
- American Indian (0.6%)
Ancestries: Irish (20.3%), Italian (18.6%), German (11.6%), English (8.4%), Russian (6.5%), United States (5.1%).
New! New York forum
Elevation: 160 feet
Land area: 4.7 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Croton-on-Hudson
- High school or higher: 92.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 55.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 30.3%
- Unemployed: 2.5%
- Mean travel time to work: 40.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Croton-on-Hudson village
- Never married: 20.0%
- Now married: 66.6%
- Separated: 1.2%
- Widowed: 5.5%
- Divorced: 6.7%
11.5% Foreign born (5.0% Europe, 3.2% Latin America, 2.6% Asia).
Population change in the 1990s: +480 (+6.7%).
On Hudson Homes - Help From A Local Expert, Scout Neighborhoods, Mortgages & More />
Ny Real Estate - Current Home Listings, MLS, Houses For Sale & More In NY. Free! />
County Homes - Of Listings & Pics. Family Owned Agency-Choose Joyce, Get More />
Foreclosed Homes - for Half Price. 600,000 pre- foreclosure listings. Try it Free! />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Plains, NY White (15.1 miles pop. 53,077).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Bay, NY (33.7 miles Oyster pop. 293,925).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (34.6 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: NY (3.1 miles Crugers, NY (3.4 miles Ossining, NY (4.4 miles Sparta, Manor, NY (5.2 miles Briarcliff NY (5.5 miles Buchanan, NY Haverstraw, (5.6 miles .
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 16 buildings, average cost: $146,100
- 1997: 28 buildings, average cost: $168,300
- 1998: 49 buildings, average cost: $167,200
- 1999: 35 buildings, average cost: $190,300
- 2000: 14 buildings, average cost: $145,600
- 2001: 5 buildings, average cost: $155,000
- 2002: 9 buildings, average cost: $172,800
- 2003: 6 buildings, average cost: $251,200
- 2004: 3 buildings, average cost: $216,700
- 2005: 11 buildings, average cost: $294,500
Latitude: 41.20 N, Longitude: 73.89 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 914
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (21.5%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (20.5%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -819 (-10.8%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 819 (20.7%)
Average climate in Croton-on-Hudson, New York
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Croton-on-Hudson-area historical tornado activity is above New York state average. It is 32% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/14/1988, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 41.0 miles away from the Croton-on-Hudson city center injured one person and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 7/29/1971, a category 2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 15.3 miles away from the city center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Birthplace of: Sylvester Pennoyer - Oregon Governor.
Hospitals/medical centers near Croton-on-Hudson:
- STONEY LODGE HOSPITAL (about 4 miles; OSSINING, NY)
- HUDSON VALLEY HOSPITAL CENTER (about 7 miles; PEEKSKILL, NY)
- HELEN HAYES HOSP (about 7 miles; WEST HAVERSTRAW, NY)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Croton-on-Hudson:
- WESTCHESTER COUNTY (about 16 miles; WHITE PLAINS, NY; ID: HPN)
- STEWART INT'L (about 26 miles; NEWBURGH, NY; ID: SWF)
- TETERBORO (about 27 miles; TETERBORO, NJ; ID: TEB)
Other public-use airports nearest to Croton-on-Hudson:
- PEEKSKILL (about 5 miles; PEEKSKILL, NY; ID: 7N2)
- HAVERSTRAW (about 6 miles; HAVERSTRAW, NY; ID: H43)
- LITTLE FERRY (about 26 miles; LITTLE FERRY, NJ; ID: 2N7)
CROTON-HARMON (CROTON POINT AVE.). Services: partially wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, snack bar, paid short-term parking, paid long-term parking, call for car rental service, call for taxi service, public transit connection.
Local government website:
Local government employment and payroll (March 2002)
|Function ||Full-time employees ||Monthly full-time payroll ||Average yearly full-time wage ||Part-time employees ||Monthly part-time payroll |
|Fire - Other ||0 ||$0 || ||1 ||$866 |
|Water Supply ||4 ||$21,066 ||$63,198 ||0 ||$0 |
|Police Protection - Officers ||19 ||$131,937 ||$83,328 ||0 ||$0 |
|Police - Other ||1 ||$2,905 ||$34,860 ||13 ||$13,282 |
|Financial Administration ||6 ||$27,471 ||$54,942 ||2 ||$852 |
|Streets and Highways ||25 ||$99,818 ||$47,912 ||0 ||$0 |
|Parks and Recreation ||5 ||$21,188 ||$50,851 ||15 ||$3,808 |
|Judicial and Legal ||2 ||$6,786 ||$40,716 ||5 ||$5,391 |
|Other Government Administration ||6 ||$38,169 ||$76,338 ||3 ||$3,943 |
|Totals for Government ||68 ||$349,340 ||$61,648 ||39 ||$28,142 |Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Croton-on-Hudson:
- PACE UNIVERSITY-PLEASANTVILLE BRIARCLIFF (about 9 miles; PLEASANTVILLE, NY; Full-time enrollment: 2,837)
- SUNY WESTCHESTER COMMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 12 miles; VALHALLA, NY; FT enrollment: 6,730)
- MERCY COLLEGE-MAIN CAMPUS (about 14 miles; DOBBS FERRY, NY; FT enrollment: 6,643)
- UNITED STATES MILITARY ACADEMY (about 14 miles; WEST POINT, NY; FT enrollment: 4,088)
- SUNY COLLEGE AT PURCHASE (about 17 miles; PURCHASE, NY; FT enrollment: 3,517)
- ROCKLAND COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 18 miles; SUFFERN, NY; FT enrollment: 4,409)
- MANHATTAN COLLEGE (about 21 miles; BRONX, NY; FT enrollment: 2,769)
Public high school in Croton-on-Hudson:
- CROTON-HARMON SHS (Students: 409; Location: 36 OLD POST RD S; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle school in Croton-on-Hudson:
- PIERRE VAN CORTLANDT SCHOOL (Students: 368; Location: 3 GLEN PL; Grades: 06 - 08)
Library in Croton-on-Hudson:
- CROTON FREE LIBRARY (Operating income: $683,567; Location: 171 CLEVELAND DRIVE; 78,188 books; 2,953 audio materials; 2,736 video materials; 162 serial subscriptions)
Notable locations in Croton-on-Hudson: Croton Yacht Club (A), Croton - Harmon Station (B), Croton Free Library (C).
Churches in Croton-on-Hudson include: Good Shepherd Chapel (A), Asbury United Methodist Church (B), Our Saviour Evangelical Lutheran Church (C), Temple Israel (D).
Cemetery: Bethel Cemetery (1).
River: Croton River (A).
Parks in Croton-on-Hudson include: Brinton Brook National Audubon Society Sanctuary (1), Croton Point Park (2), Dobbs Park (3), Duck Pond Playground (4), Firemans Park (5), Graff Audubon Sanctuary (6), Harrison Street Playground (7), Black Rock Park (8), Senassqua Park (9).
Post office: (A).
Croton-on-Hudson compared to New York state average:
- Median household income significantly above state average.
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Croton-on-Hudson:
- WFAN (660 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WABC (770 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WABC-AM RADIO, INC.)
- WCBS (880 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WMCA (570 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF NEW YORK, LLC)
- WOR (710 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BUCKLEY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WLNA (1420 AM; 5 kW; PEEKSKILL, NY; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WBBR (1130 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BLOOMBERG COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WEPN (1050 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK AM RADIO, LLC)
- WINS (1010 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WADO (1280 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WADO-AM LICENSE CORP.)
- WVIP (1310 AM; 5 kW; MT. KISCO, NY; Owner: RADIO VISION CRISTIANA MANAGEMENT)
- WQEW (1560 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: THE NEW YORK TIMES ELECTRONIC MEDIA COMPANY)
- WLIB (1190 AM; 30 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ICBC BROADCAST HOLDINGS-NY, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Croton-on-Hudson:
- WDFH (90.3 FM; OSSINING, NY; Owner: WESTCHESTER COUNCIL FOR PUBLIC B/CNG)
- WPLJ (95.5 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WPLJ-FM RADIO, INC.)
- WHUD (100.7 FM; PEEKSKILL, NY; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WNYK (88.7 FM; NYACK, NY; Owner: NYACK COLLEGE)
- WXPK (107.1 FM; BRIARCLIFF MANOR, NY; Owner: NASSAU BROADCASTING HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WSPK (104.7 FM; POUGHKEEPSIE, NY; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WFAS-FM (103.9 FM; WHITE PLAINS, NY; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WFAF (106.3 FM; MOUNT KISCO, NY; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WLJP (89.3 FM; MONROE, NY; Owner: SOUND OF LIFE, INC.)
- WKCR-FM (89.9 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: TRUSTEES OF COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY IN NEW YORK)
- WARY (88.1 FM; VALHALLA, NY; Owner: WESTCHESTER COMMUNITY COLLEGE)
- WKTU (103.5 FM; LAKE SUCCESS, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, LLC)
- WQCD (101.9 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: EMMIS RADIO LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WNEW (102.7 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WAXQ (104.3 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: AMFM NEW YORK LICENSES, LLC)
- WHTZ (100.3 FM; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WWPR-FM (105.1 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WCAA (105.9 FM; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: WADO-AM LICENSE CORP. ("WADO"))
- WBAI (99.5 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: PACIFICA FOUNDATION, INC.)
- WBLS (107.5 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ICBC BROADCAST HOLDINGS-NY, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Croton-on-Hudson:
- WNYW (Channel 5; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WCBS-TV (Channel 2; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: CBS BROADCASTING INC.)
- WABC-TV (Channel 7; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: AMERICAN BROADCASTING COMPANIES, INC)
- WPIX (Channel 11; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WPIX, INC.)
- WWOR-TV (Channel 9; SECAUCUS, NJ; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- W68DN (Channel 68; CHERRY HILL, ETC., NJ; Owner: MARCIA COHEN)
- WTBY (Channel 54; POUGHKEEPSIE, NY; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING OF NEW YORK, INC.)
- WNJU (Channel 47; LINDEN, NJ; Owner: WNJU LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WFME-TV (Channel 66; WEST MILFORD, NJ; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- WXNY-LP (Channel 32; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ISLAND BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WFUT (Channel 68; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: UNIVISION NEW YORK LLC)
- WPXN-TV (Channel 31; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WNYE-TV (Channel 25; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK CITY BOARD OF EDUCATION)
- WNBC (Channel 4; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NATIONAL BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WNET (Channel 13; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WXTV (Channel 41; PATERSON, NJ; Owner: WXTV LICENSE PARTNERSHIP, G.P.)
- WKOB-LP (Channel 53; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WKOB COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WEBR-CA (Channel 17; MANHATTAN, NY; Owner: K LICENSEE INC.)
- WRNN-LP (Channel 57; NYACK, NY; Owner: LP NYACK LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WPXO-LP (Channel 34; EAST ORANGE, NJ; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LPTV, INC.)
- W60AI (Channel 60; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: VENTANA TELEVISION, INC.)
- W38CL (Channel 38; BRONX, NY; Owner: RENARD COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- WNYX-LP (Channel 35; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ISLAND BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- W33BS (Channel 33; DARIEN, CT; Owner: CT&T BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WNYN-LP (Channel 39; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ISLAND BROADCASTING COMPANY)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.