Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 19,719. Estimated population in July 2005: 21,267 (+7.9% change)
Males: 9,813 (49.8%), Females: 9,906 (50.2%)
Median resident age: 41.6 years
Median household income: $52,201 (year 2000)
Median house value: $293,300 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in East Hampton:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (78.3%)
- Hispanic (14.8%)
- Other race (4.9%)
- Black (3.6%)
- Two or more races (2.3%)
- American Indian (0.8%)
Ancestries: Irish (22.3%), German (16.6%), English (14.8%), Italian (12.3%), Polish (5.6%), United States (5.4%).
New! Hampton, New York forum
Elevation: 36 feet
Land area: 4.8 square miles
For population 25 years and over in East Hampton
- High school or higher: 86.4%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 35.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 14.4%
- Unemployed: 5.4%
- Mean travel time to work: 21.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in East Hampton town
- Never married: 26.4%
- Now married: 53.4%
- Separated: 2.3%
- Widowed: 8.1%
- Divorced: 9.7%
18.2% Foreign born (12.7% Latin America, 3.6% Europe).
Vacation Homes - family vacations near Hamptons beaches! Pools, decks, A/C />
Real Estate - - featured real estate listings, condos, land, and homes for sale. />
Resort Motel - Village, NY. Pool/Patio. Short Walk To Ocean. Low Rates! />
CT Homes - just listed homes, townhomes condos and real estate for sale />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: NY Southampton, (14.4 miles pop. 54,712).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: NY (51.0 miles Brookhaven, pop. 448,248).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (119.4 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: Hampton, NY East (0.0 miles Hampton North, NY (1.2 miles East NY (1.7 miles Freetown, NY (3.2 miles Wainscott, Harbor, NY (3.6 miles Northwest NY (5.3 miles Amagansett, NY (5.5 miles Springs, NY (5.8 miles Sagaponack,
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 19 buildings, average cost: $896,600
- 1997: 15 buildings, average cost: $580,400
- 1998: 19 buildings, average cost: $1,242,900
- 1999: 15 buildings, average cost: $814,000
- 2000: 11 buildings, average cost: $1,072,700
- 2001: 9 buildings, average cost: $996,700
- 2002: 7 buildings, average cost: $797,900
- 2003: 5 buildings, average cost: $787,800
- 2004: 7 buildings, average cost: $1,081,400
- 2005: 0 buildings
Latitude: 40.96 N, Longitude: 72.20 W
Area code: 631
Industries providing employment: Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (15.5%), Construction (15.1%), Educational,health and social services (14.2%), Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (13.7%), Retail trade (11.8%).
Crime in East Hampton (2003):
- 0 murders (0.0 per 100,000)
- 1 rape (5.4 per 100,000)
- 1 robbery (5.4 per 100,000)
- 6 assaults (32.5 per 100,000)
- 94 burglaries (509.7 per 100,000)
- 325 thefts (1762.3 per 100,000)
- 19 auto thefts (103.0 per 100,000) crime index = 116.6 (higher means more crime, US average = 321.8)
Average climate in East Hampton, New York
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
East Hampton-area historical tornado activity is slightly below New York state average. It is 70% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/10/1989, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 55.5 miles away from the East Hampton city center injured 40 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
On 8/8/1999, a category 2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 18.9 miles away from the city center injured one person and caused $1 million in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near East Hampton:
- SOUTHAMPTON HOSPITAL (about 15 miles; SOUTHAMPTON, NY)
- EASTERN LONG ISLAND HOSPITAL (about 16 miles; GREENPORT, NY)
- LAWRENCE & MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 28 miles; NEW LONDON, CT)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to East Hampton:
- GROTON-NEW LONDON (about 28 miles; GROTON NEW LONDON, CT; ID: GON)
- TWEED-NEW HAVEN (about 52 miles; NEW HAVEN, CT; ID: HVN)
- HARTFORD-BRAINARD (about 62 miles; HARTFORD, CT; ID: HFD)
Other public-use airports nearest to East Hampton:
- EAST HAMPTON (about 4 miles; EAST HAMPTON, NY; ID: HTO)
- SOUTHAMPTON (about 20 miles; SOUTHAMPTON, NY; ID: 87N)
- MONTAUK (about 21 miles; MONTAUK, NY; ID: MTP)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to East Hampton:
- SUNY AT STONY BROOK (about 31 miles; STONY BROOK, NY; Full-time enrollment: 16,829)
- WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY (about 53 miles; MIDDLETOWN, CT; FT enrollment: 2,993)
- EASTERN CONNECTICUT STATE UNIVERSITY (about 53 miles; WILLIMANTIC, CT; FT enrollment: 4,165)
- GATEWAY COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 57 miles; NEW HAVEN, CT; FT enrollment: 2,100)
- SAINT JOSEPHS COLLEGE-SUFFOLK CAMPUS (about 58 miles; PATCHOGUE, NY; FT enrollment: 2,617)
- UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAVEN (about 58 miles; WEST HAVEN, CT; FT enrollment: 3,081)
- YALE UNIVERSITY (about 58 miles; NEW HAVEN, CT; FT enrollment: 11,011)
Public high school in East Hampton:
- EAST HAMPTON HS (Students: 1,000; Location: 2 LONG LN; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in East Hampton:
- SPRINGS SCHOOL (Students: 591; Location: 48 SCHOOL ST; Grades: PK - 08)
- EAST HAMPTON MS (Students: 500; Location: 76 NEWTOWN LN; Grades: 05 - 08)
- JOHN M. MARSHALL ES (Students: 471; Location: 3 GINGERBREAD LN; Grades: KG - 04)
Private primary/middle school in East Hampton:
- ROSS SCHOOL (Students: 195; Location: 18 GOOD FRIEND PARK; Grades: 5 - 11)
Library in East Hampton:
- EAST HAMPTON LIBRARY (Operating income: $913,212; Location: 159 MAIN STREET; 72,236 books; 4,374 audio materials; 3,649 video materials; 95 serial subscriptions)
Lakes: Town Pond (A), Lily Pond (B), Hook Pond (C).
Beach: East Hampton Beach (A).
East Hampton compared to New York state average:
- Median household income above state average.
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Black race population percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage above state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher above state average.
- Population density above state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in East Hampton:
- WTIC (1080 AM; 50 kW; HARTFORD, CT; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WALE (990 AM; 50 kW; GREENVILLE, RI; Owner: NORTH AMERICAN BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WFAN (660 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WMCA (570 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF NEW YORK, LLC)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WCBS (880 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WGSM (740 AM; 25 kW; HUNTINGTON, NY; Owner: K RADIO LICENSEE, INC.)
- WLIS (1420 AM; 5 kW; OLD SAYBROOK, CT; Owner: CROSSROADS COMM. OLD SAYBROOK, LLC)
- WVNE (760 AM; daytime; 25 kW; LEICESTER, MA; Owner: BLOUNT MASSCOM, INC.)
- WOR (710 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BUCKLEY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
Strongest FM radio stations in East Hampton:
- WHBE (96.7 FM; EAST HAMPTON, NY; Owner: AAA ENTERTAINMENT LICENSING LLC)
- WBEA (101.7 FM; SOUTHOLD, NY; Owner: AAA ENTERTAINMENT LICENSING LLC)
- WLNG (92.1 FM; SAG HARBOR, NY; Owner: MAIN STREET BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WBAZ (102.5 FM; BRIDGEHAMPTON, NY; Owner: AAA ENTERTAINMENT LICENSING LLC)
- WHFM (95.3 FM; SOUTHAMPTON, NY; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- W233AI (94.5 FM; SAG HARBOR, NY; Owner: MONROE BOARD OF EDUCATION)
- W277AB (103.3 FM; NOYACK, NY; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WRLI-FM (91.3 FM; SOUTHAMPTON, NY; Owner: CONNECTICUT PUBLIC BROADCASTING, INC)
- WSUF (89.9 FM; NOYACK, NY; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WMOS (104.7 FM; MONTAUK, NY; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- W264AJ (100.7 FM; SOUTHAMPTON, NY; Owner: MONROE BOARD OF EDUCATION)
TV broadcast stations around East Hampton:
- WVVH-LP (Channel 23; SOUTHAMPTON, ETC., NY; Owner: VIDEO VOICE, INC.)
- WHPX (Channel 26; NEW LONDON, CT; Owner: PAXSON HARTFORD LICENSE, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.