Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 14,078
Males: 6,866 (48.8%), Females: 7,212 (51.2%)
Median resident age: 36.6 years
Median household income: $71,106 (year 2000)
Median house value: $190,600 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in East Islip:
- White Non-Hispanic (93.4%)
- Hispanic (3.9%)
- Other race (1.0%)
- Two or more races (0.8%)
- Black (0.6%)
Ancestries: Italian (35.1%), Irish (31.3%), German (21.5%), English (6.1%), Polish (6.1%), United States (3.6%).
New! Islip, New York forum
Elevation: 15 feet
Land area: 4.1 square miles
For population 25 years and over in East Islip
- High school or higher: 90.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 27.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 12.1%
- Unemployed: 2.6%
- Mean travel time to work: 32.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in East Islip CDP
- Never married: 22.4%
- Now married: 63.7%
- Separated: 1.0%
- Widowed: 7.0%
- Divorced: 5.8%
4.8% Foreign born (2.9% Europe, 1.0% Latin America, 0.6% Asia).
Homes of LI - MLS 17,000 listings and our exclusives. Recieve daily updates. />
on Long Island - Properties offers apartments in desirable areas of Long Island. />
Island Luxury Homes - Gale Sotheby's International Luxury Real Estate Broker />
Real Estate - - featured real estate listings, condos, land, and homes for sale. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: NY Islip, (2.4 miles pop. 322,612).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (50.4 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: Terrace, NY (1.2 miles Islip River, NY (1.8 miles Great Great River, NY (2.2 miles North NY Islip, (2.4 miles NY (3.2 miles Oakdale, Islip, NY (3.7 miles Central Shore, NY Bay (4.7 miles
Latitude: 40.73 N, Longitude: 73.19 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 631
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (23.2%), Retail trade (11.4%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -3,311 (-23.5%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 715 (10.8%)
Average climate in East Islip, New York
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
East Islip-area historical tornado activity is near New York state average. It is 59% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/10/1989, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 44.6 miles away from the East Islip city center injured 40 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
On 9/18/1973, a category 2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 18.7 miles away from the city center .
Hospitals/medical centers near East Islip:
- SOUTHSIDE HOSPITAL (about 5 miles; BAY SHORE, NY)
- PILGRIM STATE HOSP (about 6 miles; WEST BRENTWOOD, NY)
- GOOD SAMARITAN HOSPITAL (about 9 miles; WEST ISLIP, NY)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to East Islip:
- LONG ISLAND MAC ARTHUR (about 7 miles; ISLIP, NY; ID: ISP)
- REPUBLIC (about 15 miles; FARMINGDALE, NY; ID: FRG)
- IGOR I SIKORSKY MEMORIAL (about 30 miles; BRIDGEPORT, CT; ID: BDR)
Other public-use airports nearest to East Islip:
- BAYPORT AERODROME (about 10 miles; BAYPORT, NY; ID: 23N)
- BROOKHAVEN (about 24 miles; SHIRLEY, NY; ID: HWV)
- LUFKER (about 31 miles; EAST MORICHES, NY; ID: O00)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to East Islip:
- DOWLING COLLEGE (about 4 miles; OAKDALE, NY; Full-time enrollment: 3,747)
- SUFFOLK COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-WESTERN CAMPUS (about 6 miles; BRENTWOOD, NY; FT enrollment: 3,485)
- SAINT JOSEPHS COLLEGE-SUFFOLK CAMPUS (about 13 miles; PATCHOGUE, NY; FT enrollment: 2,617)
- SUFFOLK COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-AMMERMAN CAMPUS (about 14 miles; SELDEN, NY; FT enrollment: 6,992)
- SUNY COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY AT FARMINGDALE (about 18 miles; FARMINGDALE, NY; FT enrollment: 3,831)
- HOFSTRA UNIVERSITY (about 29 miles; HEMPSTEAD, NY; FT enrollment: 10,842)
- NEW YORK INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY-OLD WESTBURY (about 30 miles; OLD WESTBURY, NY; FT enrollment: 4,459)
Private high school in East Islip:
- THE HEWLETT SCHOOL (Students: 146; Location: 74 SUFFOLK LANE; Grades: PK - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in East Islip:
- TIMBER POINT ES (Students: 730; Location: 200 TIMBER POINT RD; Grades: 01 - 06)
- JOHN F. KENNEDY ES (Students: 688; Location: 94 WOODLAND DR; Grades: 01 - 06)
Private primary/middle schools in East Islip:
- ST MARY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 945; Location: 16 HARRISON AVENUE; Grades: PK - 8)
- CHATTERBOX DAY SCHOOL (Students: 151; Location: 52 HAWTHORNE AVE; Grades: PK - KG)
Library in East Islip:
- EAST ISLIP PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $1,959,141; Location: 381 EAST MAIN STREET; 149,453 books; 7,954 audio materials; 5,237 video materials; 379 serial subscriptions)
Lake: Knapps Lake (A).
Creek: Quintuck Creek (A).
Beach: Town Beach (A).
East Islip compared to New York state average:
- Median household income above state average.
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Number of rooms per house above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in East Islip:
- WLIE (540 AM; 3 kW; ISLIP, NY; Owner: LONG ISLAND MULTIMEDIA, LLC.)
- WGSM (740 AM; 25 kW; HUNTINGTON, NY; Owner: K RADIO LICENSEE, INC.)
- WFAN (660 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WLIM (1580 AM; 10 kW; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: POLNET COMMUNICATIONS, LTD.)
- WCBS (880 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WMCA (570 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF NEW YORK, LLC)
- WOR (710 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BUCKLEY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WABC (770 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WABC-AM RADIO, INC.)
- WQEW (1560 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: THE NEW YORK TIMES ELECTRONIC MEDIA COMPANY)
- WEPN (1050 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK AM RADIO, LLC)
- WBBR (1130 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BLOOMBERG COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WINS (1010 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WHLI (1100 AM; daytime; 10 kW; HEMPSTEAD, NY)
Strongest FM radio stations in East Islip:
- WBZO (103.1 FM; BAY SHORE, NY; Owner: MID-ISLAND BROADCASTING LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WFRS (88.9 FM; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- WALK-FM (97.5 FM; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WMJC (94.3 FM; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: IW LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY)
- WUSB (90.1 FM; STONY BROOK, NY; Owner: STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK)
- WBLI (106.1 FM; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- W289AD (105.7 FM; SELDEN, NY; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- W217AF (91.3 FM; HUNTINGTON STATION, NY; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WBAB (102.3 FM; BABYLON, NY; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WXBA (88.1 FM; BRENTWOOD, NY; Owner: BRENTWOOD UNION FREE SCHOOL DISTRICT)
- WSHR (91.9 FM; LAKE RONKONKOMA, NY; Owner: SACHEM CENTRAL SCH DIST HOLBROOK)
- WLIU (88.3 FM; SOUTHAMPTON, NY; Owner: LONG ISLAND UNIVERSITY PUBLIC RADIO NETWORK)
- WXXP (105.3 FM; CALVERTON-ROANOKE, NY; Owner: JARAD BROADCASTING CO. OF CALVERTON, INC)
- WRCN-FM (103.9 FM; RIVERHEAD, NY; Owner: IW LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY)
- WKWZ (88.5 FM; SYOSSET, NY; Owner: SYOSSET CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT)
- WPOB (88.5 FM; PLAINVIEW, NY; Owner: PLAINVIEW-OLD BETHPAGE CENT SCH DIST)
TV broadcast stations around East Islip:
- WFTY (Channel 67; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: UNIVISION NEW YORK LLC)
- WNYW (Channel 5; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WLNY (Channel 55; RIVERHEAD, NY; Owner: WLNY-TV, INC.)
- WXNY-LP (Channel 32; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ISLAND BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WLIW (Channel 21; GARDEN CITY, NY; Owner: EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.