Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 20,824
Males: 10,132 (48.7%), Females: 10,692 (51.3%)
Median resident age: 38.1 years
Median household income: $57,237 (year 2000)
Median house value: $154,500 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in East Patchogue:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (84.3%)
- Hispanic (9.1%)
- Other race (3.2%)
- Black (3.2%)
- Two or more races (2.0%)
- Asian Indian (0.8%)
Ancestries: Italian (33.0%), Irish (23.9%), German (19.8%), English (7.3%), Polish (5.2%), United States (2.6%).
New! Patchogue, New York forum
Land area: 8.3 square miles
For population 25 years and over in East Patchogue
- High school or higher: 83.9%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 19.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 8.2%
- Unemployed: 3.7%
- Mean travel time to work: 32.1 minutes
For population 15 years and over in East Patchogue CDP
- Never married: 24.6%
- Now married: 58.1%
- Separated: 1.8%
- Widowed: 8.2%
- Divorced: 7.3%
9.3% Foreign born (3.9% Latin America, 2.5% Europe, 2.3% Asia).
Real Estate - Albertson Hamptons We Sell Investments to Live In! />
Homes of LI - MLS 17,000 listings and our exclusives. Recieve daily updates. />
on Long Island - Properties offers apartments in desirable areas of Long Island. />
Island Luxury Homes - Gale Sotheby's International Luxury Real Estate Broker />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: NY (4.5 miles Brookhaven, pop. 448,248).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (64.4 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: Bellport, NY (2.4 miles North NY Patchogue, (2.4 miles Patchogue, NY (3.0 miles North NY (3.0 miles Bellport, NY (3.4 miles Medford, Point, NY (3.7 miles Blue NY (4.5 miles Brookhaven, .
Latitude: 40.77 N, Longitude: 72.98 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 631
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (21.2%), Retail trade (11.0%), Manufacturing (10.2%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -6,355 (-30.5%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 909 (8.7%)
Average climate in East Patchogue, New York
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
East Patchogue-area historical tornado activity is near New York state average. It is 61% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/10/1989, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 38.4 miles away from the East Patchogue city center injured 40 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
On 7/10/1989, a category 2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 14.4 miles away from the city center injured one person.
Hospitals/medical centers near East Patchogue:
- BROOKHAVEN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 2 miles; PATCHOGUE, NY)
- JOHN T MATHER MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 14 miles; PORT JEFFERSON, NY)
- ST CHARLES HOSPITAL (about 14 miles; PORT JEFFERSON, NY)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to East Patchogue:
- LONG ISLAND MAC ARTHUR (about 9 miles; ISLIP, NY; ID: ISP)
- IGOR I SIKORSKY MEMORIAL (about 28 miles; BRIDGEPORT, CT; ID: BDR)
- REPUBLIC (about 30 miles; FARMINGDALE, NY; ID: FRG)
Other public-use airports nearest to East Patchogue:
- BAYPORT AERODROME (about 5 miles; BAYPORT, NY; ID: 23N)
- BROOKHAVEN (about 10 miles; SHIRLEY, NY; ID: HWV)
- LUFKER (about 17 miles; EAST MORICHES, NY; ID: O00)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to East Patchogue:
- SAINT JOSEPHS COLLEGE-SUFFOLK CAMPUS (about 2 miles; PATCHOGUE, NY; Full-time enrollment: 2,617)
- SUFFOLK COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-AMMERMAN CAMPUS (about 9 miles; SELDEN, NY; FT enrollment: 6,992)
- DOWLING COLLEGE (about 11 miles; OAKDALE, NY; FT enrollment: 3,747)
- SUFFOLK COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-WESTERN CAMPUS (about 19 miles; BRENTWOOD, NY; FT enrollment: 3,485)
- SUNY AT STONY BROOK (about 27 miles; STONY BROOK, NY; FT enrollment: 16,829)
- SUNY COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY AT FARMINGDALE (about 32 miles; FARMINGDALE, NY; FT enrollment: 3,831)
- FAIRFIELD UNIVERSITY (about 34 miles; FAIRFIELD, CT; FT enrollment: 4,197)
Private high school in East Patchogue:
- VICTORY CHRISTIAN ACADEMY (Students: 43; Location: 1343 MONTAUK HWY; Grades: PK - 12)
Public primary/middle school in East Patchogue:
- VERNE W. CRITZ ES (Students: 433; Location: DUNTON AVE; Grades: KG - 03)
Private primary/middle school in East Patchogue:
- APPLE DUMPLING PLAY SCHOOL (Students: 25; Location: 195 SWEZEY STREET; Grades: PK - 1)
Church in East Patchogue: Brookhaven Church (A).
Lakes and reservoirs: Swan Lake (A), Robinson Pond (B), Dunton Lake (C).
Creek: Abets Creek (A).
East Patchogue compared to New York state average:
- Median household income above state average.
- Median house value above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in East Patchogue:
- WLIM (1580 AM; 10 kW; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: POLNET COMMUNICATIONS, LTD.)
- WALK (1370 AM; 1 kW; EAST PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WGSM (740 AM; 25 kW; HUNTINGTON, NY; Owner: K RADIO LICENSEE, INC.)
- WFAN (660 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WCBS (880 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WLIE (540 AM; 3 kW; ISLIP, NY; Owner: LONG ISLAND MULTIMEDIA, LLC.)
- WMCA (570 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF NEW YORK, LLC)
- WOR (710 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BUCKLEY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WABC (770 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WABC-AM RADIO, INC.)
- WTIC (1080 AM; 50 kW; HARTFORD, CT; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WEPN (1050 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK AM RADIO, LLC)
- WBBR (1130 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BLOOMBERG COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WINS (1010 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in East Patchogue:
- WALK-FM (97.5 FM; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WBLI (106.1 FM; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WUSB (90.1 FM; STONY BROOK, NY; Owner: STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK)
- W289AD (105.7 FM; SELDEN, NY; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WLIU (88.3 FM; SOUTHAMPTON, NY; Owner: LONG ISLAND UNIVERSITY PUBLIC RADIO NETWORK)
- WFRS (88.9 FM; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- WXXP (105.3 FM; CALVERTON-ROANOKE, NY; Owner: JARAD BROADCASTING CO. OF CALVERTON, INC)
- WRCN-FM (103.9 FM; RIVERHEAD, NY; Owner: IW LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY)
- WBZO (103.1 FM; BAY SHORE, NY; Owner: MID-ISLAND BROADCASTING LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WLVG (96.1 FM; CENTER MORICHES, NY; Owner: WAY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WSHR (91.9 FM; LAKE RONKONKOMA, NY; Owner: SACHEM CENTRAL SCH DIST HOLBROOK)
- WDRE (98.5 FM; WESTHAMPTON, NY; Owner: JARAD BROADCATING COMPANY OF WESTHAMPTON, INC.)
- WMJC (94.3 FM; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: IW LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY)
- WKCI-FM (101.3 FM; HAMDEN, CT; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- W217AF (91.3 FM; HUNTINGTON STATION, NY; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around East Patchogue:
- WFTY (Channel 67; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: UNIVISION NEW YORK LLC)
- WLNY (Channel 55; RIVERHEAD, NY; Owner: WLNY-TV, INC.)
- W26CE (Channel 26; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ATLANTIC COAST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.