Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 16,458
Males: 8,291 (50.4%), Females: 8,167 (49.6%)
Median resident age: 34.1 years
Median household income: $69,148 (year 2000)
Median house value: $161,200 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Farmingville:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (87.8%)
- Hispanic (8.1%)
- Two or more races (1.8%)
- Other race (1.5%)
- Black (1.2%)
- Asian Indian (0.6%)
Ancestries: Italian (39.7%), Irish (27.6%), German (19.8%), Polish (7.2%), English (4.1%), Russian (2.3%).
New! New York forum
Elevation: 105 feet
Land area: 4.5 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Farmingville
- High school or higher: 87.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 21.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 6.5%
- Unemployed: 4.7%
- Mean travel time to work: 33.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Farmingville CDP
- Never married: 28.0%
- Now married: 59.5%
- Separated: 1.6%
- Widowed: 5.2%
- Divorced: 5.6%
8.8% Foreign born (3.9% Europe, 2.9% Latin America, 1.8% Asia).
Island Real Estate - or selling Mike Costanza is your answer. Save thousands in fees />
on Long Island - Properties offers apartments in desirable areas of Long Island. />
Island Luxury Homes - Gale Sotheby's International Luxury Real Estate Broker />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: NY (9.8 miles Brookhaven, pop. 448,248).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (60.8 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: NY (2.0 miles Selden, NY (2.0 miles Holtsville, NY (3.3 miles Centereach, NY (3.7 miles Holbrook, NY (4.0 miles Coram, Patchogue, NY (4.3 miles North NY (4.3 miles Medford, NY (4.3 miles Terryville,
Latitude: 40.84 N, Longitude: 73.04 W
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (21.0%), Retail trade (12.2%), Manufacturing (10.6%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (10.5%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -5,575 (-33.9%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 496 (6.0%)
Average climate in Farmingville, New York
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Farmingville-area historical tornado activity is near New York state average. It is 55% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/10/1989, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 34.1 miles away from the Farmingville city center injured 40 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
On 7/10/1989, a category 2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 18.2 miles away from the city center injured one person.
Hospitals/medical centers near Farmingville:
- BROOKHAVEN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 6 miles; PATCHOGUE, NY)
- JOHN T MATHER MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 8 miles; PORT JEFFERSON, NY)
- ST CHARLES HOSPITAL (about 8 miles; PORT JEFFERSON, NY)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Farmingville:
- LONG ISLAND MAC ARTHUR (about 6 miles; ISLIP, NY; ID: ISP)
- IGOR I SIKORSKY MEMORIAL (about 22 miles; BRIDGEPORT, CT; ID: BDR)
- REPUBLIC (about 27 miles; FARMINGDALE, NY; ID: FRG)
Other public-use airports nearest to Farmingville:
- BAYPORT AERODROME (about 7 miles; BAYPORT, NY; ID: 23N)
- BROOKHAVEN (about 14 miles; SHIRLEY, NY; ID: HWV)
- LUFKER (about 21 miles; EAST MORICHES, NY; ID: O00)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Farmingville:
- SUFFOLK COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-AMMERMAN CAMPUS (about 2 miles; SELDEN, NY; Full-time enrollment: 6,992)
- SAINT JOSEPHS COLLEGE-SUFFOLK CAMPUS (about 6 miles; PATCHOGUE, NY; FT enrollment: 2,617)
- DOWLING COLLEGE (about 10 miles; OAKDALE, NY; FT enrollment: 3,747)
- SUFFOLK COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-WESTERN CAMPUS (about 15 miles; BRENTWOOD, NY; FT enrollment: 3,485)
- FAIRFIELD UNIVERSITY (about 27 miles; FAIRFIELD, CT; FT enrollment: 4,197)
- SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY (about 28 miles; FAIRFIELD, CT; FT enrollment: 4,120)
- SUNY COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY AT FARMINGDALE (about 29 miles; FARMINGDALE, NY; FT enrollment: 3,831)
Private high school in Farmingville:
- FAITH ACADEMY (Students: 257; Location: 1070 PORTION RD; Grades: PK - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Farmingville:
- TECUMSEH ES (Students: 647; Location: 179 GRANNY RD; Grades: KG - 06)
- LYNWOOD AVE SCHOOL (Students: 603; Location: 50 LYNWOOD AVE; Grades: KG - 06)
Notable location: Bald Hill Ski Bowl (A).
Churches in Farmingville include: Centereach Church (A), Farmingville-Holtsville Church (B).
Farmingville compared to New York state average:
- Median household income above state average.
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage above state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Number of rooms per house above state average.
- Population density above state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Farmingville:
- WLIM (1580 AM; 10 kW; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: POLNET COMMUNICATIONS, LTD.)
- WGSM (740 AM; 25 kW; HUNTINGTON, NY; Owner: K RADIO LICENSEE, INC.)
- WFAN (660 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WLIE (540 AM; 3 kW; ISLIP, NY; Owner: LONG ISLAND MULTIMEDIA, LLC.)
- WCBS (880 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WMCA (570 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF NEW YORK, LLC)
- WOR (710 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BUCKLEY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WABC (770 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WABC-AM RADIO, INC.)
- WTIC (1080 AM; 50 kW; HARTFORD, CT; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WEPN (1050 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK AM RADIO, LLC)
- WBBR (1130 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BLOOMBERG COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WINS (1010 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WQEW (1560 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: THE NEW YORK TIMES ELECTRONIC MEDIA COMPANY)
Strongest FM radio stations in Farmingville:
- WUSB (90.1 FM; STONY BROOK, NY; Owner: STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK)
- W289AD (105.7 FM; SELDEN, NY; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WALK-FM (97.5 FM; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WBLI (106.1 FM; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WSHR (91.9 FM; LAKE RONKONKOMA, NY; Owner: SACHEM CENTRAL SCH DIST HOLBROOK)
- WFRS (88.9 FM; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- WLIU (88.3 FM; SOUTHAMPTON, NY; Owner: LONG ISLAND UNIVERSITY PUBLIC RADIO NETWORK)
- WBZO (103.1 FM; BAY SHORE, NY; Owner: MID-ISLAND BROADCASTING LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WMJC (94.3 FM; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: IW LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY)
- WXXP (105.3 FM; CALVERTON-ROANOKE, NY; Owner: JARAD BROADCASTING CO. OF CALVERTON, INC)
- WRCN-FM (103.9 FM; RIVERHEAD, NY; Owner: IW LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY)
- WLVG (96.1 FM; CENTER MORICHES, NY; Owner: WAY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WKCI-FM (101.3 FM; HAMDEN, CT; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WPLR (99.1 FM; NEW HAVEN, CT; Owner: COX RADIO, INC.)
- WEZN-FM (99.9 FM; BRIDGEPORT, CT; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WDRE (98.5 FM; WESTHAMPTON, NY; Owner: JARAD BROADCATING COMPANY OF WESTHAMPTON, INC.)
- WSHU-FM (91.1 FM; FAIRFIELD, CT; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- W217AF (91.3 FM; HUNTINGTON STATION, NY; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WPKN (89.5 FM; BRIDGEPORT, CT; Owner: WPKN, INC.)
- WEBE (107.9 FM; WESTPORT, CT; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
TV broadcast stations around Farmingville:
- WFTY (Channel 67; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: UNIVISION NEW YORK LLC)
- WLNY (Channel 55; RIVERHEAD, NY; Owner: WLNY-TV, INC.)
- W26CE (Channel 26; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ATLANTIC COAST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WTNH (Channel 8; NEW HAVEN, CT; Owner: WTNH BROADCASTING, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.