Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 20,258. Estimated population in July 2005: 20,390 (+0.7% change)
Males: 11,665 (57.6%), Females: 8,593 (42.4%)
Median resident age: 38.1 years
Median household income: $52,745 (year 2000)
Median house value: $149,800 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Fishkill:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (72.1%)
- Black (14.1%)
- Hispanic (10.5%)
- Other race (4.5%)
- Asian Indian (1.1%)
- Chinese (1.0%)
- Two or more races (1.0%)
Ancestries: Italian (23.0%), Irish (17.3%), German (13.4%), English (6.8%), Polish (4.9%), United States (2.3%).
New! New York forum
Land area: 0.9 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Fishkill
- High school or higher: 72.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 24.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 10.5%
- Unemployed: 4.2%
- Mean travel time to work: 32.0 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Fishkill town
- Never married: 29.4%
- Now married: 55.6%
- Separated: 2.5%
- Widowed: 7.0%
- Divorced: 5.5%
10.2% Foreign born (4.1% Latin America, 3.2% Europe, 2.7% Asia).
Real Estate - Buyers Market! Homes Galore Dream Homes, Fine Desert Living />
NY Real Estate - Color Photos & Virtual Tours Contact Us for More Info Now! />
NJ Real Estate - Margate NJ Real Estate Where you come First! />
Real Estate - - featured real estate listings, condos, land, and homes for sale. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: CT Danbury, (31.5 miles pop. 74,848).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Bay, NY (52.6 miles Oyster pop. 293,925).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (57.4 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: NY (0.0 miles Fishkill, NY (2.3 miles Brinckerhoff, Corner, NY (4.5 miles Myers Falls, NY Wappingers (4.7 miles NY Beacon, (5.0 miles NY (7.1 miles Marlboro, Fishkill, NY (7.2 miles East Heights, NY (7.7 miles Crown
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 3 buildings, average cost: $59,300
- 1999: 3 buildings, average cost: $59,300
- 2001: 0 buildings
- 2004: 1 building, cost: $235,000
- 2005: 0 buildings
Latitude: 41.53 N, Longitude: 73.90 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 845
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (18.8%), Manufacturing (15.5%), Retail trade (13.3%).
Crime in Fishkill by Year
|Type ||2001 ||2002 ||2003 |
|Murders ||0 ||0 ||0 |
| per 100,000 ||0.0 ||0.0 ||0.0 |
|Rapes ||1 ||2 ||3 |
| per 100,000 ||4.9 ||9.9 ||14.8 |
|Robberies ||2 ||2 ||2 |
| per 100,000 ||9.9 ||9.9 ||9.9 |
|Assaults ||17 ||12 ||11 |
| per 100,000 ||83.9 ||59.2 ||54.3 |
|Burglaries ||19 ||33 ||31 |
| per 100,000 ||93.8 ||162.9 ||153.0 |
|Thefts ||277 ||213 ||258 |
| per 100,000 ||1367.4 ||1051.4 ||1273.6 |
|Auto thefts ||23 ||13 ||17 |
| per 100,000 ||113.5 ||64.2 ||83.9 |
| ||92.1 ||77.4 ||88.1 |
Average climate in Fishkill, New York
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Fishkill-area historical tornado activity is above New York state average. It is 28% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/29/1971, a category 2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 9.7 miles away from the Fishkill city center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 5/29/1995, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 56.2 miles away from the city center killed 3 people and injured 24 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Fishkill:
- JULIA BUTTERFIELD HOSPITAL (about 7 miles; COLD SPRING, NY)
- ST LUKES HOSPITAL (about 10 miles; NEWBURGH, NY)
- HUDSON RIVER PSYCHIATRIC CENTER (about 12 miles; POUGHKEEPSIE, NY)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Fishkill:
- DUTCHESS COUNTY (about 6 miles; POUGHKEEPSIE, NY; ID: POU)
- STEWART INT'L (about 15 miles; NEWBURGH, NY; ID: SWF)
- DANBURY MUNI (about 33 miles; DANBURY, CT; ID: DXR)
Other public-use airports nearest to Fishkill:
- STORMVILLE (about 13 miles; STORMVILLE, NY; ID: N69)
- SKY ACRES (about 17 miles; MILLBROOK, NY; ID: 44N)
- KOBELT (about 18 miles; WALLKILL, NY; ID: N45)
Amtrak station near Fishkill:
- 13 miles: POUGHKEEPSIE (41 MAIN ST.). Services: partially wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, snack bar, paid short-term parking, paid long-term parking, call for car rental service, taxi stand, public transit connection.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Fishkill:
- MARIST COLLEGE (about 12 miles; POUGHKEEPSIE, NY; Full-time enrollment: 4,646)
- DUTCHESS COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 12 miles; POUGHKEEPSIE, NY; FT enrollment: 4,112)
- UNITED STATES MILITARY ACADEMY (about 13 miles; WEST POINT, NY; FT enrollment: 4,088)
- CULINARY INSTITUTE OF AMERICA (about 17 miles; HYDE PARK, NY; FT enrollment: 2,028)
- VASSAR COLLEGE (about 19 miles; POUGHKEEPSIE, NY; FT enrollment: 2,374)
- SUNY COLLEGE AT NEW PALTZ (about 21 miles; NEW PALTZ, NY; FT enrollment: 6,334)
- PACE UNIVERSITY-PLEASANTVILLE BRIARCLIFF (about 29 miles; PLEASANTVILLE, NY; FT enrollment: 2,837)
Public primary/middle schools in Fishkill:
- BRINCKERHOFF ES (Students: 597; Location: 16 WEDGEWOOD RD; Grades: KG - 05)
- FISHKILL ES (Students: 460; Location: 20 CHURCH ST; Grades: KG - 05)
- GLENHAM SCHOOL (Students: 391; Location: 20 CHASE DR; Grades: KG - 05)
- DOWNSTATE CORR FACIL (Students: 9; Location: RED SCHOOLHOUSE RD; Grades: UG - UG)
Private primary/middle schools in Fishkill:
- ST MARY SCHOOL (Students: 277; Location: 100 JACKSON ST BOX L; Grades: KG - 8)
- ESTELLE & ALFONSO PRESCH & KG (Students: 53; Location: 2206 ROUTE 9; Grades: PK - KG)
Library in Fishkill:
- BLODGETT MEMORIAL LIB DISTRICT OF FISHKILL (Operating income: $218,943; Location: 37 BROAD STREET; 43,685 books; 2,114 audio materials; 2,555 video materials; 115 serial subscriptions)
Church in Fishkill: Trinity Church (A).
Fishkill compared to New York state average:
- Median household income above state average.
- Median house value above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage significantly above state average.
- Population density significantly above state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Fishkill:
- WGNY (1220 AM; 10 kW; NEWBURGH, NY; Owner: SUNRISE BROADCASTING LLC)
- WFAN (660 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WABC (770 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WABC-AM RADIO, INC.)
- WMCA (570 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF NEW YORK, LLC)
- WCBS (880 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WOR (710 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BUCKLEY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WEOK (1390 AM; 5 kW; POUGHKEEPSIE, NY)
- WBNR (1260 AM; 1 kW; BEACON, NY; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WINS (1010 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WEPN (1050 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK AM RADIO, LLC)
- WBBR (1130 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BLOOMBERG COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WADO (1280 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WADO-AM LICENSE CORP.)
- WLNA (1420 AM; 5 kW; PEEKSKILL, NY; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Fishkill:
- WSPK (104.7 FM; POUGHKEEPSIE, NY; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WPDH (101.5 FM; POUGHKEEPSIE, NY; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WRNQ (92.1 FM; POUGHKEEPSIE, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WFNP (88.7 FM; ROSENDALE, NY; Owner: STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK)
- WRHV (88.7 FM; POUGHKEEPSIE, NY; Owner: WMHT EDUCATIONAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS)
- WBWZ (93.3 FM; NEW PALTZ, NY; Owner: CLEVELAND RADIO LICENSES, LLC)
- WRWD-FM (107.3 FM; HIGHLAND, NY; Owner: CLEVELAND RADIO LICENSES, LLC)
- WCZX (97.7 FM; HYDE PARK, NY; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WRRB (96.9 FM; ARLINGTON, NY; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- W292CM (106.3 FM; POUGHKEEPSIE, NY; Owner: JOHN KATONAH)
- WLJP (89.3 FM; MONROE, NY; Owner: SOUND OF LIFE, INC.)
- WHUD (100.7 FM; PEEKSKILL, NY; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- W202AR (88.3 FM; NEWBURGH, NY; Owner: SOUND OF LIFE, INC.)
- WFKP (99.3 FM; ELLENVILLE, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- W299AG (107.7 FM; NEWBURGH, NY; Owner: WAMC)
- W272AV (102.3 FM; NEWBURGH, NY; Owner: JOHN KATONAH)
- WDBY (105.5 FM; PATTERSON, NY; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WAMK (90.9 FM; KINGSTON, NY; Owner: W A M C)
- WFGB (89.7 FM; KINGSTON, NY; Owner: SOUND OF LIFE, INC.)
- WPLJ (95.5 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WPLJ-FM RADIO, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Fishkill:
- WTBY (Channel 54; POUGHKEEPSIE, NY; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING OF NEW YORK, INC.)
- WRNN-TV (Channel 62; KINGSTON, NY; Owner: WRNN-TV ASSOCIATES LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WNYW (Channel 5; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WFME-TV (Channel 66; WEST MILFORD, NJ; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- WNJU (Channel 47; LINDEN, NJ; Owner: WNJU LICENSE CORPORATION)
- W42AE (Channel 42; POUGHKEEPSIE, NY; Owner: DUTCHESS COMMUNITY COLLEGE)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.