Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 6,417. Estimated population in July 2005: 6,559 (+2.2% change)
Males: 4,590 (71.5%), Females: 1,827 (28.5%)
Median resident age: 33.1 years
Median household income: $41,832 (year 2000)
Median house value: $85,500 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Fort Ann:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (63.3%)
- Black (24.1%)
- Hispanic (12.5%)
- Other race (6.4%)
- Two or more races (0.7%)
- American Indian (0.6%)
Ancestries: Irish (10.7%), French (9.9%), English (8.7%), Italian (6.0%), German (5.4%), United States (5.3%).
New! Ann, New York forum
Elevation: 138 feet
Land area: 0.3 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Fort Ann
- High school or higher: 57.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 8.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.1%
- Unemployed: 3.9%
- Mean travel time to work: 23.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Fort Ann town
- Never married: 44.3%
- Now married: 44.3%
- Separated: 3.0%
- Widowed: 4.3%
- Divorced: 4.1%
5.6% Foreign born (4.6% Latin America, 0.6% Europe).
NY Real Estate - for Homes, Condos and Land By Map, Street Address, Mtg Payment />
Quechee Lakes - Home Sites, New Homes Exclusive New Townhomes! />
York Real Estate - Listings, Find Local Brokers & Get Info on Buying a New NY Home />
Real Estate - Banker - RE Real Easy! 2+ hrs from the NYC Metro Area />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: NY Schenectady, (51.9 miles pop. 61,821).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Bay, NY (176.2 miles Oyster pop. 293,925).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (189.8 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: Ann, NY (0.0 miles Fort NY (4.6 miles Kingsbury, NY (7.5 miles Hartford, NY Queensbury, (8.9 miles Falls, NY (10.0 miles Hudson NY (11.2 miles Whitehall, Edward, NY (12.1 miles Fort
Latitude: 43.42 N, Longitude: 73.49 W
Area code: 518
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (22.1%), Manufacturing (15.0%), Public administration (11.4%), Construction (10.7%), Retail trade (10.3%).
Average climate in Fort Ann, New York
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Fort Ann-area historical tornado activity is slightly below New York state average. It is 66% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/24/1960, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 38.0 miles away from the Fort Ann city center injured 9 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 5/31/1998, a category 3 tornado 39.3 miles away from the city center injured 68 people and caused $71 million in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Fort Ann:
- GLENS FALLS HOSPITAL (about 14 miles; GLENS FALLS, NY)
- MARY MCCLELLAN HOSPITAL (about 27 miles; CAMBRIDGE, NY)
- FOUR WINDS (about 31 miles; SARATOGA SPRINGS, NY)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Fort Ann:
- FLOYD BENNETT MEMORIAL (about 10 miles; GLENS FALLS, NY; ID: GFL)
- RUTLAND STATE (about 40 miles; RUTLAND, VT; ID: RUT)
- ALBANY INTL (about 52 miles; ALBANY, NY; ID: ALB)
Other public-use airports nearest to Fort Ann:
- ARGYLE (about 12 miles; ARGYLE, NY; ID: 1C3)
- GRANVILLE (about 17 miles; GRANVILLE, NY; ID: B01)
- HEBER AIRPARK (about 19 miles; GANSEVOORT, NY; ID: K30)
Amtrak stations near Fort Ann:
- 12 miles: WHITEHALL (MAIN ST.). Services: enclosed waiting area, public payphones, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for taxi service.
- 12 miles: FORT EDWARD/GLENS FALLS (FORT EDWARD, EAST ST.). Services: public payphones, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for car rental service, call for taxi service.
- 20 miles: FAIR HAVEN (DEPOT & WATER STS.)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Fort Ann:
- ADIRONDACK COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 15 miles; QUEENSBURY, NY; Full-time enrollment: 2,182)
- SUNY EMPIRE STATE COLLEGE (about 31 miles; SARATOGA SPRINGS, NY; FT enrollment: 4,499)
- SKIDMORE COLLEGE (about 31 miles; SARATOGA SPRINGS, NY; FT enrollment: 2,317)
- MIDDLEBURY COLLEGE (about 47 miles; MIDDLEBURY, VT; FT enrollment: 2,265)
- RENSSELAER POLYTECHNIC INSTITUTE (about 49 miles; TROY, NY; FT enrollment: 7,150)
- HUDSON VALLEY COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 49 miles; TROY, NY; FT enrollment: 6,337)
- UNION COLLEGE (about 51 miles; SCHENECTADY, NY; FT enrollment: 2,315)
Public primary/middle school in Fort Ann:
- FORT ANN CENTRAL SCHOOL (Students: 646; Location: ONE CATHERINE ST; Grades: PK - 12)
Creek: Halfway Creek (A).
Fort Ann compared to New York state average:
- Black race population percentage above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage above state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage significantly above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
- Population density significantly above state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Fort Ann:
- WGY (810 AM; 50 kW; SCHENECTADY, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WPTR (1540 AM; 50 kW; ALBANY, NY; Owner: KIMTRON, INC.)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WWSC (1450 AM; 1 kW; GLENS FALLS, NY; Owner: ENTERTRONICS, INC.)
- WMML (1230 AM; 1 kW; GLENS FALLS, NY; Owner: VOX NEW YORK, L.L.C.)
- WCHP (760 AM; 35 kW; CHAMPLAIN, NY; Owner: CHAMPLAIN RADIO, INC.)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WABY (1160 AM; 5 kW; MECHANICVILLE, NY; Owner: ANASTOS MEDIA GROUP, INC.)
- WTIC (1080 AM; 50 kW; HARTFORD, CT; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WENU (1410 AM; 1 kW; SOUTH GLEN FALLS, NY; Owner: VOX NEW YORK, L.L.C.)
- WSYB (1380 AM; 5 kW; RUTLAND, VT; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WICY (1490 AM; 50 kW; MALONE, NY; Owner: CARTIER COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Fort Ann:
- WNGN (91.9 FM; ARGYLE, NY; Owner: NORTHEAST GOSPEL BROADCASTING INC)
- WNYV (94.1 FM; WHITEHALL, NY; Owner: PINE TREE BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WKBE (100.3 FM; WARRENSBURG, NY; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WCKM-FM (99.1 FM; LAKE GEORGE, NY; Owner: ENTERTRONICS, INC.)
- WNYQ (105.7 FM; QUEENSBURY, NY; Owner: VOX NEW YORK, L.L.C.)
- WEQX (102.7 FM; MANCHESTER, VT; Owner: NORTHSHIRE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WJAN (95.1 FM; SUNDERLAND, VT; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WLJH (90.9 FM; GLENS FALLS, NY; Owner: SOUND OF LIFE INC)
- WBAR-FM (94.7 FM; LAKE LUZERNE, NY; Owner: CAPITAL MEDIA CORPORATION)
- WCQL (95.9 FM; GLENS FALLS, NY; Owner: ENTERTRONICS, INC.)
- WEBK (105.3 FM; KILLINGTON, VT; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WJJR (98.1 FM; RUTLAND, VT; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WZRT (97.1 FM; RUTLAND, VT; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WXLG (89.9 FM; NORTH CREEK, NY; Owner: THE ST. LAWRENCE UNIVERSITY)
- WGLV (91.7 FM; WOODSTOCK, VT; Owner: CHRISTIAN MINISTRIES INC)
- WFFG-FM (107.1 FM; CORINTH, NY; Owner: VOX NEW YORK, L.L.C.)
- WHDQ-FM1 (106.1 FM; RUTLAND, VT; Owner: GREAT NORTHERN RADIO, L.L.C.)
- WKRD (93.7 FM; SCOTIA, NY; Owner: DOT COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WEXP (101.5 FM; BRANDON, VT; Owner: VOX VERMONT, L.L.C.)
- WDEV-FM (96.1 FM; WARREN, VT; Owner: RADIO VERMONT, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Fort Ann:
- WNCE-CA (Channel 8; GLENS FALLS, NY; Owner: NORTHERN BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- W47CM (Channel 47; GLENS FALLS, NY; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.