Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 9,634
Males: 4,772 (49.5%), Females: 4,862 (50.5%)
Median resident age: 40.2 years
Median household income: $98,128 (year 2000)
Median house value: $364,300 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Fort Salonga:
- White Non-Hispanic (94.9%)
- Hispanic (2.3%)
- Black (0.6%)
- Chinese (0.5%)
- Two or more races (0.5%)
Ancestries: Italian (31.9%), Irish (30.5%), German (20.6%), English (8.6%), Polish (5.3%), United States (4.6%).
New! Salonga, New York forum
Elevation: 31 feet
Land area: 9.0 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Fort Salonga
- High school or higher: 96.4%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 51.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 25.0%
- Unemployed: 2.7%
- Mean travel time to work: 35.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Fort Salonga CDP
- Never married: 20.8%
- Now married: 68.3%
- Separated: 1.1%
- Widowed: 4.6%
- Divorced: 5.2%
5.6% Foreign born (2.9% Europe, 1.8% Asia, 0.6% Latin America).
on Long Island - Properties offers apartments in desirable areas of Long Island. />
Island Luxury Homes - Gale Sotheby's International Luxury Real Estate Broker />
Real Estate - - featured real estate listings, condos, land, and homes for sale. />
- Strike style - food, bar, music & video wall A perfect place for private events! />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: NY Smithtown, (6.9 miles pop. 115,715).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: NY Islip, (12.9 miles pop. 322,612).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (44.6 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: Northport, NY (2.4 miles East NY (3.0 miles Northport, Park, NY (4.2 miles Kings NY (4.4 miles Commack, NY (4.8 miles Elwood, NY (5.4 miles Centerport, NY (5.6 miles Greenlawn, NY (6.1 miles Asharoken,
Latitude: 40.91 N, Longitude: 73.30 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 631
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (28.2%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (16.6%), Retail trade (12.5%), Finance,insurance,real estate,and rental and leasing (10.6%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -1,832 (-19.0%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 399 (8.8%)
Average climate in Fort Salonga, New York
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Fort Salonga-area historical tornado activity is slightly above New York state average. It is 48% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/10/1989, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 38.8 miles away from the Fort Salonga city center injured 40 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
On 7/19/1971, a category 2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 16.1 miles away from the city center caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Fort Salonga:
- ST CATHERINE OF SIENA MEDICAL CENTER (about 8 miles; SMITHTOWN, NY)
- HUNTINGTON HOSPITAL (about 9 miles; HUNTINGTON, NY)
- PILGRIM STATE HOSP (about 10 miles; WEST BRENTWOOD, NY)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Fort Salonga:
- REPUBLIC (about 15 miles; FARMINGDALE, NY; ID: FRG)
- LONG ISLAND MAC ARTHUR (about 17 miles; ISLIP, NY; ID: ISP)
- IGOR I SIKORSKY MEMORIAL (about 22 miles; BRIDGEPORT, CT; ID: BDR)
Other public-use airports nearest to Fort Salonga:
- BAYPORT AERODROME (about 21 miles; BAYPORT, NY; ID: 23N)
- SANDS POINT (about 29 miles; PORT WASHINGTON, NY; ID: 7N3)
- WESTCHESTER COUNTY (about 30 miles; WHITE PLAINS, NY; ID: HPN)
Amtrak station near Fort Salonga:
- 20 miles: STAMFORD (WASHINGTON BLVD. & E. STATE ST.). Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, snack bar, ATM, paid short-term parking, paid long-term parking, call for car rental service, taxi stand, public transit connection.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Fort Salonga:
- SUFFOLK COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-WESTERN CAMPUS (about 10 miles; BRENTWOOD, NY; Full-time enrollment: 3,485)
- NORWALK COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 16 miles; NORWALK, CT; FT enrollment: 2,772)
- SUNY COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY AT FARMINGDALE (about 16 miles; FARMINGDALE, NY; FT enrollment: 3,831)
- DOWLING COLLEGE (about 17 miles; OAKDALE, NY; FT enrollment: 3,747)
- FAIRFIELD UNIVERSITY (about 18 miles; FAIRFIELD, CT; FT enrollment: 4,197)
- SUFFOLK COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-AMMERMAN CAMPUS (about 19 miles; SELDEN, NY; FT enrollment: 6,992)
- SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY (about 21 miles; FAIRFIELD, CT; FT enrollment: 4,120)
Notable location: Indian Hills Country Club (A).
Cemetery: Scidmore Cemetery (1).
Lakes and swamps: Fresh Pond (A), Blanchard Lake (B), Crab Meadow (C), Sunken Meadow (D).
Creek: Sunken Meadow Creek (A).
Parks in Fort Salonga include: Crab Meadow Park (1), Sunken Meadow State Park (2).
Beaches: Callahans Beach (A), Makamah Beach (B).
Fort Salonga compared to New York state average:
- Median household income significantly above state average.
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Fort Salonga:
- WGSM (740 AM; 25 kW; HUNTINGTON, NY; Owner: K RADIO LICENSEE, INC.)
- WFAN (660 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WCBS (880 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WLIE (540 AM; 3 kW; ISLIP, NY; Owner: LONG ISLAND MULTIMEDIA, LLC.)
- WMCA (570 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF NEW YORK, LLC)
- WABC (770 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WABC-AM RADIO, INC.)
- WOR (710 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BUCKLEY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WBBR (1130 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BLOOMBERG COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WQEW (1560 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: THE NEW YORK TIMES ELECTRONIC MEDIA COMPANY)
- WEPN (1050 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK AM RADIO, LLC)
- WINS (1010 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WADO (1280 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WADO-AM LICENSE CORP.)
- WHLI (1100 AM; daytime; 10 kW; HEMPSTEAD, NY)
Strongest FM radio stations in Fort Salonga:
- WMJC (94.3 FM; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: IW LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY)
- WALK-FM (97.5 FM; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- W217AF (91.3 FM; HUNTINGTON STATION, NY; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WFRS (88.9 FM; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- WBAB (102.3 FM; BABYLON, NY; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WBZO (103.1 FM; BAY SHORE, NY; Owner: MID-ISLAND BROADCASTING LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WUSB (90.1 FM; STONY BROOK, NY; Owner: STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK)
- WBLI (106.1 FM; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- W289AD (105.7 FM; SELDEN, NY; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WPLJ (95.5 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WPLJ-FM RADIO, INC.)
- WKCR-FM (89.9 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: TRUSTEES OF COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY IN NEW YORK)
- WKWZ (88.5 FM; SYOSSET, NY; Owner: SYOSSET CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT)
- WPOB (88.5 FM; PLAINVIEW, NY; Owner: PLAINVIEW-OLD BETHPAGE CENT SCH DIST)
- WEZN-FM (99.9 FM; BRIDGEPORT, CT; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WKTU (103.5 FM; LAKE SUCCESS, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, LLC)
- WQCD (101.9 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: EMMIS RADIO LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WSHU-FM (91.1 FM; FAIRFIELD, CT; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WCAA (105.9 FM; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: WADO-AM LICENSE CORP. ("WADO"))
- WAXQ (104.3 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: AMFM NEW YORK LICENSES, LLC)
- WHTZ (100.3 FM; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
TV broadcast stations around Fort Salonga:
- WNYW (Channel 5; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WCBS-TV (Channel 2; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: CBS BROADCASTING INC.)
- WABC-TV (Channel 7; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: AMERICAN BROADCASTING COMPANIES, INC)
- WPIX (Channel 11; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WPIX, INC.)
- WWOR-TV (Channel 9; SECAUCUS, NJ; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WLIW (Channel 21; GARDEN CITY, NY; Owner: EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WFTY (Channel 67; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: UNIVISION NEW YORK LLC)
- WXNY-LP (Channel 32; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ISLAND BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WNJU (Channel 47; LINDEN, NJ; Owner: WNJU LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WPXN-TV (Channel 31; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WFUT (Channel 68; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: UNIVISION NEW YORK LLC)
- WNBC (Channel 4; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NATIONAL BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WNET (Channel 13; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WXTV (Channel 41; PATERSON, NJ; Owner: WXTV LICENSE PARTNERSHIP, G.P.)
- WLNY (Channel 55; RIVERHEAD, NY; Owner: WLNY-TV, INC.)
- WNYE-TV (Channel 25; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK CITY BOARD OF EDUCATION)
- WEDW (Channel 49; BRIDGEPORT, CT; Owner: CONNECTICUT PUBLIC BROADCASTING, INC.)
- W27CB (Channel 27; HEMPSTEAD, NY; Owner: K LICENSEE INC.)
- W27CD (Channel 27; STAMFORD, CT; Owner: WLNY-TV, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.