Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 9,654. Estimated population in July 2005: 10,257 (+6.2% change)
Males: 4,050 (42.0%), Females: 5,604 (58.0%)
Median resident age: 21.6 years
Median household income: $40,660 (year 2000)
Median house value: $114,100 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Geneseo:
- White Non-Hispanic (92.7%)
- Hispanic (2.2%)
- Black (1.5%)
- Two or more races (1.1%)
- Chinese (0.8%)
- Other race (0.7%)
- Korean (0.6%)
Ancestries: Irish (26.2%), German (22.3%), Italian (19.2%), English (16.6%), Polish (6.1%), Dutch (4.2%).New York forum
Land area: 2.8 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Geneseo
- High school or higher: 86.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 42.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 23.9%
- Unemployed: 8.2%
- Mean travel time to work: 18.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Geneseo town
- Never married: 59.9%
- Now married: 31.4%
- Separated: 1.1%
- Widowed: 3.6%
- Divorced: 4.0%
4.7% Foreign born (2.6% Asia, 1.1% Europe, 0.6% Latin America).
in New York - charge of your career. Train at Rochester Business Institute. />
Management - apartments for everyone. See locations, floor plans, & deals />
NY Real Estate - for Homes, Condos and Land By Map, Street Address, Mtg Payment />
York Real Estate - Listings, Find Local Brokers & Get Info on Buying a New NY Home />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: NY Rochester, (29.0 miles pop. 219,773).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: PA Philadelphia, (266.5 miles pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: NY (0.0 miles Geneseo, NY (6.1 miles Leicester, Morris, NY (6.8 miles Mount NY (7.3 miles York, NY (9.0 miles Avon, .
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 8 buildings, average cost: $105,500
- 1998: 7 buildings, average cost: $97,900
- 2001: 14 buildings, average cost: $119,900
- 2005: 6 buildings, average cost: $131,800
Latitude: 42.80 N, Longitude: 77.81 W
Area code: 585
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (36.0%), Arts,entertainment,recreation,accommodation and food services (14.5%), Retail trade (11.7%).
Average climate in Geneseo, New York
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Geneseo-area historical tornado activity is below New York state average. It is 75% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/20/1969, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 36.8 miles away from the Geneseo city center caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 6/2/1998, a category 2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 20.1 miles away from the city center caused $1 million in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Geneseo:
- NICHOLAS NOYES MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 17 miles; DANSVILLE, NY)
- WYOMING COUNTY COMMUNITY HOSPITAL (about 25 miles; WARSAW, NY)
- ST MARYS HOSPITAL (about 27 miles; ROCHESTER, NY)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Geneseo:
- GREATER ROCHESTER INTERNATIONAL (about 25 miles; ROCHESTER, NY; ID: ROC)
- BUFFALO NIAGARA INTL (about 64 miles; BUFFALO, NY; ID: BUF)
- ELMIRA/CORNING REGIONAL (about 79 miles; ELMIRA/CORNING, NY; ID: ELM)
Other public-use airports nearest to Geneseo:
- GENESEO (about 2 miles; GENESEO, NY; ID: D52)
- LE ROY (about 15 miles; LE ROY, NY; ID: 5G0)
- PERRY-WARSAW (about 18 miles; PERRY, NY; ID: 01G)
College/University in Geneseo:
- SUNY COLLEGE AT GENESEO (Full-time enrollment: 5,246; Location: 1 COLLEGE CIR; Public; Website: www.geneseo.edu; Offers Master's degree)
Other colleges/universities with over 2000 students near Geneseo:
- ROCHESTER INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (about 24 miles; ROCHESTER, NY; Full-time enrollment: 11,426)
- MONROE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 24 miles; ROCHESTER, NY; FT enrollment: 10,019)
- UNIVERSITY OF ROCHESTER (about 27 miles; ROCHESTER, NY; FT enrollment: 7,207)
- NAZARETH COLLEGE OF ROCHESTER (about 29 miles; ROCHESTER, NY; FT enrollment: 2,351)
- SAINT JOHN FISHER COLLEGE (about 29 miles; ROCHESTER, NY; FT enrollment: 2,136)
- GENESEE VALLEY BOCES (about 30 miles; BATAVIA, NY; FT enrollment: 3,249)
- GENESEE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 30 miles; BATAVIA, NY; FT enrollment: 2,942)
Public primary/middle schools in Geneseo:
- GENESEO MS HS (Students: 506; Location: 4050 AVON RD; Grades: 06 - 12)
- GENESEO ES (Students: 423; Location: 4050 AVON RD; Grades: KG - 05)
Private primary/middle school in Geneseo:
- GENESEE COUNTRY CHRISTIAN SCHO (Students: 23; Location: 4120 LONG POINT RD; Grades: KG - 4)
Library in Geneseo:
- WADSWORTH LIBRARY (Operating income: $196,319; Location: 24 CENTER STREET; 27,604 books; 348 audio materials; 339 video materials; 127 serial subscriptions)
Cemeteries: Saint Marys Cemetery (1), Temple Hill Cemetery (2).
Geneseo compared to New York state average:
- Median house value above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Median age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Geneseo:
- WHAM (1180 AM; 50 kW; ROCHESTER, NY; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WYSL (1040 AM; 3 kW; AVON, NY; Owner: RADIO LIVINGSTON, LTD)
- WWKB (1520 AM; 50 kW; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: ENTERCOM BUFFALO LICENSE, LLC)
- WHTK (1280 AM; 5 kW; ROCHESTER, NY)
- WLGZ (990 AM; 5 kW; ROCHESTER, NY; Owner: KIMTRON, INC.)
- WXXI (1370 AM; 5 kW; ROCHESTER, NY; Owner: WXXI PUBLIC BROADCASTING COUNCIL)
- WCJW (1140 AM; daytime; 3 kW; WARSAW, NY; Owner: LLOYD LANE, INCORPORATED)
- WHIC (1460 AM; 5 kW; ROCHESTER, NY; Owner: HOLY FAMILY COMMUNICATIONS)
- WABH (1380 AM; 10 kW; BATH, NY)
- WHHO (1320 AM; 5 kW; HORNELL, NY; Owner: BILBAT RADIO, INC.)
- WDNY (1400 AM; 1 kW; DANSVILLE, NY; Owner: MILLER MEDIA INC)
- WGR (550 AM; 5 kW; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: ENTERCOM BUFFALO LICENSE, LLC)
- WTOR (770 AM; daytime; 9 kW; YOUNGSTOWN, NY; Owner: BIRACH BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
Strongest FM radio stations in Geneseo:
- WGSU (89.3 FM; GENESEO, NY; Owner: STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK)
- WCIY (88.9 FM; CANANDAIGUA, NY; Owner: FAMILY LIFE MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WFXF (107.3 FM; SOUTH BRISTOL TOWNSH, NY; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WNVE (95.1 FM; HONEOYE FALLS, NY; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WDNY-FM (93.9 FM; DANSVILLE, NY; Owner: MILLER MEDIA INC.)
- W201CY (88.1 FM; DANSVILLE, NY; Owner: MARS HILL BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- W246AP (97.1 FM; DANSVILLE, NY; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF THE FINGER LAKES)
- W282AC (104.3 FM; DANSVILLE, NY; Owner: FAMILY LIFE MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WRMM-FM (101.3 FM; ROCHESTER, NY; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WISY (102.3 FM; CANANDAIGUA, NY; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WNSA (107.7 FM; WETHERSFIELD TWNSHP, NY; Owner: ADELPHIA COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION, DEBTOR-IN-POSSESSION)
- WBZA (98.9 FM; ROCHESTER, NY; Owner: ENTERCOM ROCHESTER LICENSE, LLC.)
- WCOU (88.3 FM; WARSAW, NY; Owner: FAMILY LIFE MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WDKX (103.9 FM; ROCHESTER, NY; Owner: MONROE COUNTY BROADCASTING CO., LTD.)
- WMJQ (105.5 FM; BROCKPORT, NY; Owner: CANANDAIGUA BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WDCZ-FM (102.7 FM; WEBSTER, NY; Owner: KIMTRON, INC.)
- WCMF-FM (96.5 FM; ROCHESTER, NY; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WXXI-FM (91.5 FM; ROCHESTER, NY; Owner: WXXI PUBLIC BROADCASTING COUNCIL)
- W238AB (95.5 FM; ROCHESTER, NY; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WZNE (94.1 FM; BRIGHTON, NY; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Geneseo:
- WPXJ-TV (Channel 51; BATAVIA, NY; Owner: PAXSON BUFFALO LICENSE, INC.)
- WNYO-TV (Channel 49; BUFFALO, NY; Owner: NEW YORK TELEVISION, INC.)
- WBXO-LP (Channel 15; ROCHESTER, NY; Owner: METRO TV, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.