Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 12,913. Estimated population in July 2005: 13,743 (+6.4% change)
Males: 6,468 (50.1%), Females: 6,445 (49.9%)
Median resident age: 38.8 years
Median household income: $60,066 (year 2000)
Median house value: $170,600 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Goshen:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (83.9%)
- Hispanic (7.4%)
- Black (6.7%)
- Other race (1.8%)
- Two or more races (0.9%)
- Asian Indian (0.6%)
Ancestries: Irish (21.6%), Italian (15.1%), German (14.7%), Polish (10.1%), English (8.2%), United States (3.0%).
New! New York forum
Elevation: 420 feet
Land area: 3.2 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Goshen
- High school or higher: 81.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 29.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 11.8%
- Unemployed: 4.1%
- Mean travel time to work: 33.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Goshen town
- Never married: 22.0%
- Now married: 62.4%
- Separated: 1.2%
- Widowed: 7.5%
- Divorced: 6.9%
7.9% Foreign born (2.9% Europe, 2.9% Latin America, 1.6% Asia).
Real Estate - - featured real estate listings, condos, land, and homes for sale. />
Estate Bend Oregon - Oregon property resource Search listings and neighborhoods />
Real Estate - search, community & school info Central NJ Area />
- Help From A Local Expert, Scout Neighborhoods, Mortgages & More />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: NY (21.0 miles Ramapo, pop. 108,905).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: NJ Newark, (47.1 miles pop. 273,546).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (55.8 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: NY Goshen, (0.0 miles NY (4.6 miles Chester, NY Hamptonburgh, (5.0 miles NY (5.4 miles Florida, NY (5.7 miles Scotchtown,
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1996: 0 buildings
- 1998: 1 building, cost: $159,000
- 2000: 7 buildings, average cost: $127,100
- 2002: 0 buildings
- 2003: 4 buildings, average cost: $141,500
- 2004: 15 buildings, average cost: $353,300
- 2005: 30 buildings, average cost: $138,900
Latitude: 41.40 N, Longitude: 74.33 W
Area code: 845
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (28.1%), Retail trade (11.1%).
Average climate in Goshen, New York
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Goshen-area historical tornado activity is above New York state average. It is 33% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/14/1988, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 11.1 miles away from the Goshen city center injured one person and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 5/31/1998, a category 3 tornado 39.3 miles away from the city center injured 2 people and caused $1 million in damages.
Birthplace of: Mike Edwards - 2005 Major League Baseball player (Los Angeles Dodgers, born: Nov 24, 1976), Willie The Lion Smith.
Hospital/medical center in Goshen:
- ARDEN HILL HOSPITAL (4 HARRIMAN DRIVE)
Other hospitals/medical centers near Goshen:
- MID HUDSON FORENSIC PSYCHIATRIC CTR (about 7 miles; NEW HAMPTON, NY)
- HORTON MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 9 miles; MIDDLETOWN, NY)
- MIDDLETOWN PSYCH CENTER (about 9 miles; MIDDLETOWN, NY)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Goshen:
- STEWART INT'L (about 17 miles; NEWBURGH, NY; ID: SWF)
- DUTCHESS COUNTY (about 34 miles; POUGHKEEPSIE, NY; ID: POU)
- SULLIVAN COUNTY INTL (about 38 miles; MONTICELLO, NY; ID: MSV)
Other public-use airports nearest to Goshen:
- RANDALL (about 5 miles; MIDDLETOWN, NY; ID: 06N)
- ORANGE COUNTY (about 9 miles; MONTGOMERY, NY; ID: MGJ)
- WARWICK MUNI (about 9 miles; WARWICK, NY; ID: N72)
College/University in Goshen:
- ORANGE-ULSTER BOCES SCHOOL OF PRACTICAL NURSING (Full-time enrollment: 46; Location: GIBSON RD; Public)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Goshen:
- ORANGE COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 9 miles; MIDDLETOWN, NY; Full-time enrollment: 3,486)
- ROCKLAND COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 24 miles; SUFFERN, NY; FT enrollment: 4,409)
- UNITED STATES MILITARY ACADEMY (about 25 miles; WEST POINT, NY; FT enrollment: 4,088)
- RAMAPO COLLEGE OF NEW JERSEY (about 26 miles; MAHWAH, NJ; FT enrollment: 4,076)
- SUNY COLLEGE AT NEW PALTZ (about 29 miles; NEW PALTZ, NY; FT enrollment: 6,334)
- WILLIAM PATERSON UNIVERSITY OF NEW JERSEY (about 32 miles; WAYNE, NJ; FT enrollment: 8,017)
- MARIST COLLEGE (about 35 miles; POUGHKEEPSIE, NY; FT enrollment: 4,646)
Public high schools in Goshen:
- GOSHEN CENTRAL HS (Students: 880; Location: 120 SCOTCHTOWN AVE; Grades: 09 - 12)
- GOSHEN RES CTR (Students: 85; Location: CROSSROADS; Grades: 07 - 12)
Private high school in Goshen:
- JOHN S BURKE CATHOLIC HS (Students: 534; Location: 80 FLETCHER STREET; Grades: 9 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Goshen:
- BOCES ORANGE-ULSTER (Students: 925; Location: 53 GIBSON RD; Grades: UG - UG)
- GOSHEN IS (Students: 680; Location: 13 MCNALLY ST; Grades: 03 - 05)
- C.J. HOOKER MS (Students: 679; Location: 41 LINCOLN AVE; Grades: 06 - 08)
- SCOTCHTOWN AVE SCHOOL (Students: 594; Location: 118 SCOTCHTOWN AVE; Grades: KG - 02)
Private primary/middle schools in Goshen:
- ST JOHN SCHOOL (Students: 230; Location: 77 MURRAY AVE; Grades: 1 - 8)
- GOSHEN CHRISTIAN SCHOOL (Students: 206; Location: 43 RT 17A; Grades: KG - 8)
Library in Goshen:
- GOSHEN PUBLIC LIBRARY AND HISTORICAL SOCIETY (Operating income: $566,513; Location: 203 MAIN STREET; 40,091 books; 1,297 audio materials; 1,963 video materials; 94 serial subscriptions)
Cemeteries: Saint James Cemetery (1), Saint Johns Cemetery (2), Slate Hill Cemetery (3).
Park in Goshen: Good Time Park (1).
Goshen compared to New York state average:
- Median household income above state average.
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage significantly above state average.
- Population density above state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Goshen:
- WABC (770 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WABC-AM RADIO, INC.)
- WMCA (570 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF NEW YORK, LLC)
- WOR (710 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BUCKLEY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WSNR (620 AM; 20 kW; JERSEY CITY, NJ)
- WVNJ (1160 AM; 20 kW; OAKLAND, NJ; Owner: UNIVERSAL B/CASTING OF NEW YORK,INC.)
- WGNY (1220 AM; 10 kW; NEWBURGH, NY; Owner: SUNRISE BROADCASTING LLC)
- WFAN (660 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WINS (1010 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WEPN (1050 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK AM RADIO, LLC)
- WBBR (1130 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BLOOMBERG COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WADO (1280 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WADO-AM LICENSE CORP.)
- WCBS (880 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WLIB (1190 AM; 30 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ICBC BROADCAST HOLDINGS-NY, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Goshen:
- WLJP (89.3 FM; MONROE, NY; Owner: SOUND OF LIFE, INC.)
- WFKP (99.3 FM; ELLENVILLE, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WRRV (92.7 FM; MIDDLETOWN, NY; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WSPK (104.7 FM; POUGHKEEPSIE, NY; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WPDH (101.5 FM; POUGHKEEPSIE, NY; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WZAD (97.3 FM; WURTSBORO, NY; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WXHD (90.1 FM; MOUNT HOPE, NY; Owner: AURICLE COMMUNICATIONS)
- WFNP (88.7 FM; ROSENDALE, NY; Owner: STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK)
- WRHV (88.7 FM; POUGHKEEPSIE, NY; Owner: WMHT EDUCATIONAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS)
- WRPJ (88.9 FM; PORT JERVIS, NY; Owner: SOUND OF LIFE, INC.)
- WSUS (102.3 FM; FRANKLIN, NJ; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WOSR (91.7 FM; MIDDLETOWN, NY; Owner: WAMC)
- WCZX (97.7 FM; HYDE PARK, NY; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WBWZ (93.3 FM; NEW PALTZ, NY; Owner: CLEVELAND RADIO LICENSES, LLC)
- WRWD-FM (107.3 FM; HIGHLAND, NY; Owner: CLEVELAND RADIO LICENSES, LLC)
- WRRB (96.9 FM; ARLINGTON, NY; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WNJP (88.5 FM; SUSSEX, NJ; Owner: NEW JERSEY PUBLIC BROADCASTING AUTH.)
- WPLJ (95.5 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WPLJ-FM RADIO, INC.)
- WRKS (98.7 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: EMMIS RADIO LICENSE CORP OF NEW YORK)
- WNEW (102.7 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Goshen:
- WFME-TV (Channel 66; WEST MILFORD, NJ; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- WNYW (Channel 5; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WTBY (Channel 54; POUGHKEEPSIE, NY; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING OF NEW YORK, INC.)
- WCBS-TV (Channel 2; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: CBS BROADCASTING INC.)
- WABC-TV (Channel 7; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: AMERICAN BROADCASTING COMPANIES, INC)
- WPIX (Channel 11; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WPIX, INC.)
- WWOR-TV (Channel 9; SECAUCUS, NJ; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WPXO-LP (Channel 34; EAST ORANGE, NJ; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LPTV, INC.)
- WNJU (Channel 47; LINDEN, NJ; Owner: WNJU LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WPXN-TV (Channel 31; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WNBC (Channel 4; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NATIONAL BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WNET (Channel 13; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WXTV (Channel 41; PATERSON, NJ; Owner: WXTV LICENSE PARTNERSHIP, G.P.)
- WFUT (Channel 68; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: UNIVISION NEW YORK LLC)
- WXNY-LP (Channel 32; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ISLAND BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WNYE-TV (Channel 25; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK CITY BOARD OF EDUCATION)
- WMBC-TV (Channel 63; NEWTON, NJ; Owner: MOUNTAIN BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.