Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 6,456. Estimated population in July 2005: 6,756 (+4.6% change)
Males: 3,154 (48.9%), Females: 3,302 (51.1%)
Median resident age: 38.0 years
Median household income: $36,128 (year 2000)
Median house value: $68,300 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Granville:
- White Non-Hispanic (97.7%)
- Two or more races (0.8%)
- American Indian (0.7%)
- Hispanic (0.6%)
Ancestries: Irish (17.3%), English (14.0%), French (14.0%), German (8.7%), United States (8.2%), Italian (7.6%).
New! New York forum
Elevation: 407 feet
Land area: 1.6 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Granville
- High school or higher: 80.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 12.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.4%
- Unemployed: 3.1%
- Mean travel time to work: 20.1 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Granville town
- Never married: 23.4%
- Now married: 55.9%
- Separated: 2.0%
- Widowed: 10.0%
- Divorced: 8.7%
1.1% Foreign born
Quechee Lakes - Home Sites, New Homes Exclusive New Townhomes! />
Real Estate - - feature real estate listings, condos, land, and homes for sale. />
Estate In New York - from $25,000 $0 down 3, 4, 5 bdrm homes - try a search />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: NY Colonie, (61.4 miles pop. 79,258).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: MA Boston, (167.2 miles pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (192.2 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: NY Granville, (0.0 miles NY (4.1 miles Hillsdale, VT (4.2 miles Wells, VT (7.3 miles Pawlet, NY (7.8 miles Porter, VT (8.0 miles Poultney, NY (8.3 miles Hampton,
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1998: 2 buildings, average cost: $80,000
- 2004: 4 buildings, average cost: $74,000
- 2005: 2 buildings, average cost: $150,000
Latitude: 43.41 N, Longitude: 73.26 W
Area code: 518
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (19.9%), Manufacturing (19.4%), Retail trade (18.6%).
Average climate in Granville, New York
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Granville-area historical tornado activity is near New York state average. It is 62% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/31/1998, a category 3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 33.4 miles away from the Granville city center injured 68 people and caused $71 million in damages.
On 8/20/1968, a category 3 tornado 38.3 miles away from the city center injured one person and caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Granville:
- RUTLAND REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (about 26 miles; RUTLAND, VT)
- MARY MCCLELLAN HOSPITAL (about 27 miles; CAMBRIDGE, NY)
- GLENS FALLS HOSPITAL (about 28 miles; GLENS FALLS, NY)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Granville:
- FLOYD BENNETT MEMORIAL (about 24 miles; GLENS FALLS, NY; ID: GFL)
- RUTLAND STATE (about 25 miles; RUTLAND, VT; ID: RUT)
- ALBANY INTL (about 60 miles; ALBANY, NY; ID: ALB)
Other public-use airports nearest to Granville:
- GRANVILLE (about 2 miles; GRANVILLE, NY; ID: B01)
- FAIR HAVEN MUNI (about 14 miles; FAIR HAVEN, VT; ID: 1B3)
- ARGYLE (about 18 miles; ARGYLE, NY; ID: 1C3)
Amtrak stations near Granville:
- 13 miles: FAIR HAVEN (DEPOT & WATER STS.)
- 15 miles: WHITEHALL (MAIN ST.). Services: enclosed waiting area, public payphones, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for taxi service.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Granville:
- ADIRONDACK COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 30 miles; QUEENSBURY, NY; Full-time enrollment: 2,182)
- SUNY EMPIRE STATE COLLEGE (about 42 miles; SARATOGA SPRINGS, NY; FT enrollment: 4,499)
- SKIDMORE COLLEGE (about 42 miles; SARATOGA SPRINGS, NY; FT enrollment: 2,317)
- MIDDLEBURY COLLEGE (about 42 miles; MIDDLEBURY, VT; FT enrollment: 2,265)
- WILLIAMS COLLEGE (about 50 miles; WILLIAMSTOWN, MA; FT enrollment: 2,047)
- RENSSELAER POLYTECHNIC INSTITUTE (about 54 miles; TROY, NY; FT enrollment: 7,150)
- HUDSON VALLEY COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 54 miles; TROY, NY; FT enrollment: 6,337)
Public high school in Granville:
- GRANVILLE JSHS (Students: 761; Location: 58 QUAKER ST; Grades: 07 - 12)
Public primary/middle school in Granville:
- GRANVILLE ES (Students: 434; Location: 60 QUAKER ST; Grades: 03 - 06)
Library in Granville:
- PEMBER LIBRARY & MUSEUM (Operating income: $86,266; Location: 33 WEST MAIN STREET; 27,931 books; 1,003 audio materials; 744 video materials; 56 serial subscriptions)
Cemetery: Mettawee Valley Cemetery (1).
Granville compared to New York state average:
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
- Population density above state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Granville:
- WGY (810 AM; 50 kW; SCHENECTADY, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WVNR (1340 AM; 1 kW; POULTNEY, VT; Owner: PINE TREE BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WPTR (1540 AM; 50 kW; ALBANY, NY; Owner: KIMTRON, INC.)
- WSYB (1380 AM; 5 kW; RUTLAND, VT; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WCHP (760 AM; 35 kW; CHAMPLAIN, NY; Owner: CHAMPLAIN RADIO, INC.)
- WTIC (1080 AM; 50 kW; HARTFORD, CT; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WVNE (760 AM; daytime; 25 kW; LEICESTER, MA; Owner: BLOUNT MASSCOM, INC.)
- WICY (1490 AM; 50 kW; MALONE, NY; Owner: CARTIER COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WFAN (660 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Granville:
- WEQX (102.7 FM; MANCHESTER, VT; Owner: NORTHSHIRE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WLJH (90.9 FM; GLENS FALLS, NY; Owner: SOUND OF LIFE INC)
- WJAN (95.1 FM; SUNDERLAND, VT; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WNGN (91.9 FM; ARGYLE, NY; Owner: NORTHEAST GOSPEL BROADCASTING INC)
- WJJR (98.1 FM; RUTLAND, VT; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WZRT (97.1 FM; RUTLAND, VT; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WEBK (105.3 FM; KILLINGTON, VT; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WGLV (91.7 FM; WOODSTOCK, VT; Owner: CHRISTIAN MINISTRIES INC)
- WHDQ-FM1 (106.1 FM; RUTLAND, VT; Owner: GREAT NORTHERN RADIO, L.L.C.)
- WEXP (101.5 FM; BRANDON, VT; Owner: VOX VERMONT, L.L.C.)
- WKBE (100.3 FM; WARRENSBURG, NY; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WJEN (94.5 FM; RUTLAND, VT; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WCKM-FM (99.1 FM; LAKE GEORGE, NY; Owner: ENTERTRONICS, INC.)
- WNYQ (105.7 FM; QUEENSBURY, NY; Owner: VOX NEW YORK, L.L.C.)
- WVAY (100.7 FM; WILMINGTON, VT; Owner: GREAT NORTHERN RADIO, L.L.C.)
- WDEV-FM (96.1 FM; WARREN, VT; Owner: RADIO VERMONT, INC.)
- WMNV (104.1 FM; RUPERT, VT; Owner: CAPITAL MEDIA CORPORATION)
- WNYV (94.1 FM; WHITEHALL, NY; Owner: PINE TREE BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WVPR (89.5 FM; WINDSOR, VT; Owner: VERMONT PUBLIC RADIO)
- WAMC-FM (90.3 FM; ALBANY, NY; Owner: WAMC)
TV broadcast stations around Granville:
- WVER (Channel 28; RUTLAND, VT; Owner: VERMONT ETV, INC.)
- W61CE (Channel 61; RUTLAND, VT; Owner: MARGARET SANGUINETTI (ADMINISTRATRIX OF THE ESTATE))
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.