Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 13,286
Males: 6,244 (47.0%), Females: 7,042 (53.0%)
Median resident age: 39.0 years
Median household income: $64,201 (year 2000)
Median house value: $220,500 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Greenlawn:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (73.7%)
- Black (15.3%)
- Hispanic (6.8%)
- Other race (2.4%)
- Two or more races (2.0%)
- Asian Indian (0.9%)
- Chinese (0.8%)
- American Indian (0.6%)
Ancestries: Italian (23.3%), Irish (22.2%), German (16.5%), Polish (5.5%), English (5.3%), West Indian (3.9%).
New! New York forum
Land area: 3.7 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Greenlawn
- High school or higher: 87.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 32.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 13.9%
- Unemployed: 4.7%
- Mean travel time to work: 32.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Greenlawn CDP
- Never married: 25.5%
- Now married: 54.9%
- Separated: 1.8%
- Widowed: 10.9%
- Divorced: 7.0%
12.7% Foreign born (6.6% Latin America, 3.7% Europe, 2.1% Asia).
on Long Island - Properties offers apartments in desirable areas of Long Island. />
Real Estate - - featured real estate listings, condos, land, and homes for sale. />
NY Real Estate - Help From A Local Expert, Scout Neighborhoods, Mortgages & More />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: NY (3.6 miles Huntington, pop. 195,289).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Bay, NY (11.4 miles Oyster pop. 293,925).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (39.4 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: NY (2.3 miles Elwood, NY (2.6 miles Centerport, Station, NY (3.0 miles Huntington Northport, NY (3.2 miles East NY (3.5 miles Northport, Huntington, NY (3.5 miles South NY (3.6 miles Huntington, .
Latitude: 40.86 N, Longitude: 73.37 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 631
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (24.3%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (13.3%), Retail trade (11.6%), Finance,insurance,real estate,and rental and leasing (10.1%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -3,805 (-28.6%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 703 (11.4%)
Average climate in Greenlawn, New York
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Greenlawn-area historical tornado activity is slightly above New York state average. It is 50% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/10/1989, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 44.3 miles away from the Greenlawn city center injured 40 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
On 9/18/1973, a category 2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 14.2 miles away from the city center .
Hospitals/medical centers near Greenlawn:
- HUNTINGTON HOSPITAL (about 4 miles; HUNTINGTON, NY)
- NORTH SHORE UNIV HOSP AT PLAINVIEW (about 10 miles; PLAINVIEW, NY)
- PILGRIM STATE HOSP (about 10 miles; WEST BRENTWOOD, NY)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Greenlawn:
- REPUBLIC (about 10 miles; FARMINGDALE, NY; ID: FRG)
- LONG ISLAND MAC ARTHUR (about 20 miles; ISLIP, NY; ID: ISP)
- IGOR I SIKORSKY MEMORIAL (about 27 miles; BRIDGEPORT, CT; ID: BDR)
Other public-use airports nearest to Greenlawn:
- BAYPORT AERODROME (about 24 miles; BAYPORT, NY; ID: 23N)
- SANDS POINT (about 24 miles; PORT WASHINGTON, NY; ID: 7N3)
- WESTCHESTER COUNTY (about 28 miles; WHITE PLAINS, NY; ID: HPN)
Amtrak station near Greenlawn:
- 18 miles: STAMFORD (WASHINGTON BLVD. & E. STATE ST.). Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, snack bar, ATM, paid short-term parking, paid long-term parking, call for car rental service, taxi stand, public transit connection.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Greenlawn:
- SUFFOLK COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-WESTERN CAMPUS (about 10 miles; BRENTWOOD, NY; Full-time enrollment: 3,485)
- SUNY COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY AT FARMINGDALE (about 11 miles; FARMINGDALE, NY; FT enrollment: 3,831)
- NORWALK COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 17 miles; NORWALK, CT; FT enrollment: 2,772)
- NEW YORK INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY-OLD WESTBURY (about 17 miles; OLD WESTBURY, NY; FT enrollment: 4,459)
- SUNY COLLEGE AT OLD WESTBURY (about 17 miles; OLD WESTBURY, NY; FT enrollment: 2,594)
- HOFSTRA UNIVERSITY (about 18 miles; HEMPSTEAD, NY; FT enrollment: 10,842)
- LONG ISLAND UNIVERSITY-C W POST CAMPUS (about 19 miles; BROOKVILLE, NY; FT enrollment: 6,605)
Public high school in Greenlawn:
- HARBORFIELDS HS (Students: 950; Location: 98 TAYLOR AVE; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Greenlawn:
- THOMAS J. LAHEY ES (Students: 891; Location: 625 PULASKI RD; Grades: 03 - 05)
- OLDFIELD MS (Students: 866; Location: 2 OLDFIELD RD; Grades: 06 - 08)
Library in Greenlawn:
- HARBORFIELDS PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $2,776,541; Location: 31 BROADWAY; 106,319 books; 14,105 audio materials; 4,548 video materials; 495 serial subscriptions)
Greenlawn compared to New York state average:
- Median household income above state average.
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Number of rooms per house above state average.
- Population density above state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Greenlawn:
- WGSM (740 AM; 25 kW; HUNTINGTON, NY; Owner: K RADIO LICENSEE, INC.)
- WFAN (660 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WCBS (880 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WMCA (570 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF NEW YORK, LLC)
- WABC (770 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WABC-AM RADIO, INC.)
- WOR (710 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BUCKLEY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WLIE (540 AM; 3 kW; ISLIP, NY; Owner: LONG ISLAND MULTIMEDIA, LLC.)
- WHLI (1100 AM; daytime; 10 kW; HEMPSTEAD, NY)
- WQEW (1560 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: THE NEW YORK TIMES ELECTRONIC MEDIA COMPANY)
- WBBR (1130 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BLOOMBERG COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WEPN (1050 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK AM RADIO, LLC)
- WINS (1010 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WADO (1280 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WADO-AM LICENSE CORP.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Greenlawn:
- W217AF (91.3 FM; HUNTINGTON STATION, NY; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WMJC (94.3 FM; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: IW LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY)
- WBAB (102.3 FM; BABYLON, NY; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WKWZ (88.5 FM; SYOSSET, NY; Owner: SYOSSET CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT)
- WPOB (88.5 FM; PLAINVIEW, NY; Owner: PLAINVIEW-OLD BETHPAGE CENT SCH DIST)
- WALK-FM (97.5 FM; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WBZO (103.1 FM; BAY SHORE, NY; Owner: MID-ISLAND BROADCASTING LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WFRS (88.9 FM; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- WPLJ (95.5 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WPLJ-FM RADIO, INC.)
- WKCR-FM (89.9 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: TRUSTEES OF COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY IN NEW YORK)
- WKTU (103.5 FM; LAKE SUCCESS, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, LLC)
- WQCD (101.9 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: EMMIS RADIO LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WCAA (105.9 FM; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: WADO-AM LICENSE CORP. ("WADO"))
- WAXQ (104.3 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: AMFM NEW YORK LICENSES, LLC)
- WHTZ (100.3 FM; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WWPR-FM (105.1 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WBAI (99.5 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: PACIFICA FOUNDATION, INC.)
- WBLS (107.5 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ICBC BROADCAST HOLDINGS-NY, INC.)
- WLTW (106.7 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: AMFM NEW YORK LICENSES, LLC)
- WQXR-FM (96.3 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: THE NEW YORK TIMES ELECTRONIC MEDIA COMPANY)
TV broadcast stations around Greenlawn:
- WLIW (Channel 21; GARDEN CITY, NY; Owner: EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WNYW (Channel 5; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WCBS-TV (Channel 2; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: CBS BROADCASTING INC.)
- WABC-TV (Channel 7; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: AMERICAN BROADCASTING COMPANIES, INC)
- WPIX (Channel 11; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WPIX, INC.)
- WWOR-TV (Channel 9; SECAUCUS, NJ; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WXNY-LP (Channel 32; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ISLAND BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WNJU (Channel 47; LINDEN, NJ; Owner: WNJU LICENSE CORPORATION)
- W27CB (Channel 27; HEMPSTEAD, NY; Owner: K LICENSEE INC.)
- WPXN-TV (Channel 31; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WFUT (Channel 68; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: UNIVISION NEW YORK LLC)
- WNBC (Channel 4; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NATIONAL BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WNET (Channel 13; NEWARK, NJ; Owner: EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WXTV (Channel 41; PATERSON, NJ; Owner: WXTV LICENSE PARTNERSHIP, G.P.)
- WNYE-TV (Channel 25; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK CITY BOARD OF EDUCATION)
- WKOB-LP (Channel 53; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WKOB COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WEBR-CA (Channel 17; MANHATTAN, NY; Owner: K LICENSEE INC.)
- WFTY (Channel 67; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: UNIVISION NEW YORK LLC)
- WRNN-LP (Channel 57; NYACK, NY; Owner: LP NYACK LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- W60AI (Channel 60; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: VENTANA TELEVISION, INC.)
- WLNY (Channel 55; RIVERHEAD, NY; Owner: WLNY-TV, INC.)
- W38CL (Channel 38; BRONX, NY; Owner: RENARD COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- WPXU-LP (Channel 38; AMITYVILLE, NY; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LPTV, INC.)
- WLIG-LP (Channel 54; MINEOLA, NY; Owner: WLNY-TV, INC.)
- W27CD (Channel 27; STAMFORD, CT; Owner: WLNY-TV, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.