Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 12,236
Males: 6,075 (49.6%), Females: 6,161 (50.4%)
Median resident age: 38.8 years
Median household income: $50,161 (year 2000)
Median house value: $178,000 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Hampton Bays:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (85.0%)
- Hispanic (12.5%)
- Other race (3.7%)
- Two or more races (1.6%)
- Black (0.9%)
Ancestries: Irish (25.6%), Italian (21.6%), German (17.3%), English (11.5%), Polish (8.2%), United States (3.2%).
New! Bays, New York forum
Elevation: 34 feet
Land area: 12.0 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Hampton Bays
- High school or higher: 86.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 25.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 9.9%
- Unemployed: 5.6%
- Mean travel time to work: 26.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Hampton Bays CDP
- Never married: 25.1%
- Now married: 54.2%
- Separated: 2.1%
- Widowed: 8.9%
- Divorced: 9.8%
13.4% Foreign born (7.7% Latin America, 4.7% Europe).
Real Estate - Real Estate in The Hamptons Representing the finest properties />
Real Estate - - featured real estate listings, condos, land, and homes for sale. />
Resort Motel - Village, NY. Pool/Patio. Short Walk To Ocean. Low Rates! />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: NY Southampton, (8.7 miles pop. 54,712).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: NY (28.1 miles Brookhaven, pop. 448,248).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (96.7 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: Quogue, NY East (4.1 miles Hills, NY (4.2 miles Shinnecock NY (6.1 miles Tuckahoe, NY (6.2 miles Jamesport, NY Quogue, (6.5 miles NY (6.6 miles Flanders, NY (7.3 miles Laurel, NY (8.1 miles Aquebogue,
Latitude: 40.87 N, Longitude: 72.52 W
Area code: 631
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (20.3%), Construction (18.9%), Retail trade (14.4%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -1,926 (-15.7%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,235 (22.3%)
Average climate in Hampton Bays, New York
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Hampton Bays-area historical tornado activity is slightly below New York state average. It is 65% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/10/1989, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 41.3 miles away from the Hampton Bays city center injured 40 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
On 8/8/1999, a category 2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 8.7 miles away from the city center injured one person and caused $1 million in damages.
Hospitals/medical centers near Hampton Bays:
- SOUTHAMPTON HOSPITAL (about 9 miles; SOUTHAMPTON, NY)
- UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL (about 9 miles; SUNY STONY BROOK, NY)
- CENTRAL SUFFOLK HOSPITAL (about 10 miles; RIVERHEAD, NY)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Hampton Bays:
- TWEED-NEW HAVEN (about 36 miles; NEW HAVEN, CT; ID: HVN)
- LONG ISLAND MAC ARTHUR (about 41 miles; ISLIP, NY; ID: ISP)
- IGOR I SIKORSKY MEMORIAL (about 46 miles; BRIDGEPORT, CT; ID: BDR)
Other public-use airports nearest to Hampton Bays:
- SOUTHAMPTON (about 6 miles; SOUTHAMPTON, NY; ID: 87N)
- FRANCIS S GABRESKI (about 8 miles; WESTHAMPTON BEACH, NY; ID: FOK)
- MATTITUCK (about 8 miles; MATTITUCK, NY; ID: 21N)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Hampton Bays:
- SUNY AT STONY BROOK (about 9 miles; STONY BROOK, NY; Full-time enrollment: 16,829)
- SAINT JOSEPHS COLLEGE-SUFFOLK CAMPUS (about 35 miles; PATCHOGUE, NY; FT enrollment: 2,617)
- SUFFOLK COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-AMMERMAN CAMPUS (about 37 miles; SELDEN, NY; FT enrollment: 6,992)
- UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAVEN (about 42 miles; WEST HAVEN, CT; FT enrollment: 3,081)
- GATEWAY COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 42 miles; NEW HAVEN, CT; FT enrollment: 2,100)
- DOWLING COLLEGE (about 44 miles; OAKDALE, NY; FT enrollment: 3,747)
- YALE UNIVERSITY (about 44 miles; NEW HAVEN, CT; FT enrollment: 11,011)
Public high school in Hampton Bays:
- HAMPTON BAYS SECONDARY SCHOOL (Students: 801; Location: 88 ARGONNE RD; Grades: 07 - 12)
Public primary/middle school in Hampton Bays:
- HAMPTON BAYS ES (Students: 968; Location: 72 PONQUOGUE AVE; Grades: KG - 06)
Library in Hampton Bays:
- HAMPTON BAYS PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $974,139; Location: PONQUOGUE AVENUE; 59,602 books; 1,868 audio materials; 2,189 video materials; 602 serial subscriptions)
Notable location: Shinnecock Light (A).
Cemetery: Hampton Bays Cemetery (1).
Lakes: Squire Pond (A), Red Creek Pond (B).
Creek: Tiana Creek (A).
Beach: Tiana Beach (A).
Hampton Bays compared to New York state average:
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage above state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Hampton Bays:
- WTIC (1080 AM; 50 kW; HARTFORD, CT; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WFAN (660 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WGSM (740 AM; 25 kW; HUNTINGTON, NY; Owner: K RADIO LICENSEE, INC.)
- WCBS (880 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WFTU (1570 AM; 1 kW; RIVERHEAD, NY; Owner: FIVE TOWNS COLLEGE)
- WMCA (570 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF NEW YORK, LLC)
- WLIM (1580 AM; 10 kW; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: POLNET COMMUNICATIONS, LTD.)
- WOR (710 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BUCKLEY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WABC (770 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WABC-AM RADIO, INC.)
- WALE (990 AM; 50 kW; GREENVILLE, RI; Owner: NORTH AMERICAN BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WEPN (1050 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK AM RADIO, LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Hampton Bays:
- WBON (107.1 FM; HAMPTON BAYS, NY; Owner: NASSAU BROADCASTING HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WBAZ (102.5 FM; BRIDGEHAMPTON, NY; Owner: AAA ENTERTAINMENT LICENSING LLC)
- WLIU (88.3 FM; SOUTHAMPTON, NY; Owner: LONG ISLAND UNIVERSITY PUBLIC RADIO NETWORK)
- W277AB (103.3 FM; NOYACK, NY; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WHFM (95.3 FM; SOUTHAMPTON, NY; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WLVG (96.1 FM; CENTER MORICHES, NY; Owner: WAY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WRLI-FM (91.3 FM; SOUTHAMPTON, NY; Owner: CONNECTICUT PUBLIC BROADCASTING, INC)
- W264AJ (100.7 FM; SOUTHAMPTON, NY; Owner: MONROE BOARD OF EDUCATION)
- WRCN-FM (103.9 FM; RIVERHEAD, NY; Owner: IW LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY)
- WXXP (105.3 FM; CALVERTON-ROANOKE, NY; Owner: JARAD BROADCASTING CO. OF CALVERTON, INC)
- WLNG (92.1 FM; SAG HARBOR, NY; Owner: MAIN STREET BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WBEA (101.7 FM; SOUTHOLD, NY; Owner: AAA ENTERTAINMENT LICENSING LLC)
- WALK-FM (97.5 FM; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- W233AI (94.5 FM; SAG HARBOR, NY; Owner: MONROE BOARD OF EDUCATION)
- WDRE (98.5 FM; WESTHAMPTON, NY; Owner: JARAD BROADCATING COMPANY OF WESTHAMPTON, INC.)
- WSUF (89.9 FM; NOYACK, NY; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WHBE (96.7 FM; EAST HAMPTON, NY; Owner: AAA ENTERTAINMENT LICENSING LLC)
TV broadcast stations around Hampton Bays:
- WHPX (Channel 26; NEW LONDON, CT; Owner: PAXSON HARTFORD LICENSE, INC.)
- WLNY (Channel 55; RIVERHEAD, NY; Owner: WLNY-TV, INC.)
- WFTY (Channel 67; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: UNIVISION NEW YORK LLC)
- WVVH-LP (Channel 23; SOUTHAMPTON, ETC., NY; Owner: VIDEO VOICE, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.