Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 20,100
Males: 9,958 (49.5%), Females: 10,142 (50.5%)
Median resident age: 38.3 years
Median household income: $78,178 (year 2000)
Median house value: $248,200 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Hauppauge:
- White Non-Hispanic (89.8%)
- Hispanic (4.4%)
- Asian Indian (1.4%)
- Two or more races (1.2%)
- Black (1.1%)
- Chinese (1.0%)
- Other race (0.8%)
- Korean (0.6%)
Ancestries: Italian (37.6%), Irish (24.4%), German (18.7%), Polish (6.6%), English (5.2%), Russian (3.3%).
New! New York forum
Elevation: 50 feet
Land area: 10.8 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Hauppauge
- High school or higher: 92.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 37.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 15.2%
- Unemployed: 3.3%
- Mean travel time to work: 32.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Hauppauge CDP
- Never married: 22.2%
- Now married: 62.6%
- Separated: 1.7%
- Widowed: 5.7%
- Divorced: 7.8%
8.4% Foreign born (3.5% Europe, 3.1% Asia, 1.4% Latin America).
Homes of LI - MLS 17,000 listings and our exclusives. Recieve daily updates. />
Island Luxury Homes - Gale Sotheby's International Luxury Real Estate Broker />
on Long Island - Properties offers apartments in desirable areas of Long Island. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: NY Smithtown, (2.7 miles pop. 115,715).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: NY Islip, (5.6 miles pop. 322,612).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (49.5 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: Islip, NY (2.4 miles Central NY (2.5 miles Islandia, NY Smithtown, (2.7 miles of the Branch, NY (3.0 miles Village NY (3.6 miles Brentwood, NY Nesconset, (4.3 miles Great River, NY (4.4 miles North
Latitude: 40.82 N, Longitude: 73.21 W
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (23.5%), Professional,scientific,management,administrative,and waste management services (10.9%), Retail trade (10.7%), Manufacturing (10.1%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +22,595 (+112.4%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,754 (17.1%)
Average climate in Hauppauge, New York
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Hauppauge-area historical tornado activity is near New York state average. It is 54% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/10/1989, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 39.9 miles away from the Hauppauge city center injured 40 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
On 9/18/1973, a category 2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 19.6 miles away from the city center .
Main business address for: MEDICAL ACTION INDUSTRIES INC (ORTHOPEDIC, PROSTHETIC & SURGICAL APPLIANCES & SUPPLIES), AUDIOVOX CORP (WHOLESALE-ELECTRONIC PARTS & EQUIPMENT, NEC), STANDARD MICROSYSTEMS CORP (SEMICONDUCTORS & RELATED DEVICES), TSR INC (SERVICES-COMPUTER PROGRAMMING SERVICES), MANCHESTER TECHNOLOGIES INC (SERVICES-COMPUTER PROGRAMMING SERVICES), HAUPPAUGE DIGITAL INC (COMPUTER PERIPHERAL EQUIPMENT, NEC), GLOBAL PAYMENT TECHNOLOGIES INC (CALCULATING & ACCOUNTING MACHINES (NO ELECTRONIC COMPUTERS)), GLOBECOMM SYSTEMS INC (RADIO & TV BROADCASTING & COMMUNICATIONS EQUIPMENT) and 3 other public companies.
Hospitals/medical centers near Hauppauge:
- ST CATHERINE OF SIENA MEDICAL CENTER (about 3 miles; SMITHTOWN, NY)
- PILGRIM STATE HOSP (about 4 miles; WEST BRENTWOOD, NY)
- SOUTHSIDE HOSPITAL (about 8 miles; BAY SHORE, NY)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Hauppauge:
- LONG ISLAND MAC ARTHUR (about 8 miles; ISLIP, NY; ID: ISP)
- REPUBLIC (about 16 miles; FARMINGDALE, NY; ID: FRG)
- IGOR I SIKORSKY MEMORIAL (about 24 miles; BRIDGEPORT, CT; ID: BDR)
Other public-use airports nearest to Hauppauge:
- BAYPORT AERODROME (about 12 miles; BAYPORT, NY; ID: 23N)
- BROOKHAVEN (about 25 miles; SHIRLEY, NY; ID: HWV)
- LUFKER (about 32 miles; EAST MORICHES, NY; ID: O00)
College/University in Hauppauge:
- LEARNING INSTITUTE FOR BEAUTY SCIENCES (Full-time enrollment: 61; Location: 544 RTE 111; Private, for-profit; Website: LIBSBEAUTYSCHOOL.COM)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Hauppauge:
- SUFFOLK COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-WESTERN CAMPUS (about 4 miles; BRENTWOOD, NY; Full-time enrollment: 3,485)
- DOWLING COLLEGE (about 8 miles; OAKDALE, NY; FT enrollment: 3,747)
- SUFFOLK COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-AMMERMAN CAMPUS (about 12 miles; SELDEN, NY; FT enrollment: 6,992)
- SAINT JOSEPHS COLLEGE-SUFFOLK CAMPUS (about 15 miles; PATCHOGUE, NY; FT enrollment: 2,617)
- SUNY COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY AT FARMINGDALE (about 18 miles; FARMINGDALE, NY; FT enrollment: 3,831)
- FAIRFIELD UNIVERSITY (about 25 miles; FAIRFIELD, CT; FT enrollment: 4,197)
- NORWALK COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 25 miles; NORWALK, CT; FT enrollment: 2,772)
Public high school in Hauppauge:
- HAUPPAUGE HS (Students: 1,196; Location: 500 LINCOLN BLVD; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Hauppauge:
- HAUPPAUGE MS (Students: 1,002; Location: 600 TOWN LINE RD; Grades: 06 - 08)
- BRETTON WOODS ES (Students: 729; Location: 1 CLUB LN; Grades: KG - 05)
Private primary/middle school in Hauppauge:
- HAPPY ACRES SCHOOL (Students: 83; Location: 358 HOFFMAN LANE; Grades: PK - KG)
Library in Hauppauge:
- HAUPPAUGE PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $810,786; Location: 380 TOWNLINE ROAD; 10,444 books; 128 audio materials; 1,104 video materials; 4 serial subscriptions)
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Northeast Branch (A).
Parks in Hauppauge include: Weld Park (1), Greengate Park (2).
Hauppauge compared to New York state average:
- Median household income significantly above state average.
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage above state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Number of rooms per house above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Hauppauge:
- WLIE (540 AM; 3 kW; ISLIP, NY; Owner: LONG ISLAND MULTIMEDIA, LLC.)
- WGSM (740 AM; 25 kW; HUNTINGTON, NY; Owner: K RADIO LICENSEE, INC.)
- WFAN (660 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WCBS (880 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WLIM (1580 AM; 10 kW; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: POLNET COMMUNICATIONS, LTD.)
- WMCA (570 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF NEW YORK, LLC)
- WOR (710 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BUCKLEY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WABC (770 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WABC-AM RADIO, INC.)
- WBBR (1130 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BLOOMBERG COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WQEW (1560 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: THE NEW YORK TIMES ELECTRONIC MEDIA COMPANY)
- WEPN (1050 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK AM RADIO, LLC)
- WINS (1010 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WADO (1280 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WADO-AM LICENSE CORP.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Hauppauge:
- WFRS (88.9 FM; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- WBZO (103.1 FM; BAY SHORE, NY; Owner: MID-ISLAND BROADCASTING LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WMJC (94.3 FM; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: IW LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY)
- WALK-FM (97.5 FM; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WUSB (90.1 FM; STONY BROOK, NY; Owner: STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK)
- W289AD (105.7 FM; SELDEN, NY; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WBLI (106.1 FM; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- W217AF (91.3 FM; HUNTINGTON STATION, NY; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WBAB (102.3 FM; BABYLON, NY; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WXBA (88.1 FM; BRENTWOOD, NY; Owner: BRENTWOOD UNION FREE SCHOOL DISTRICT)
- WSHR (91.9 FM; LAKE RONKONKOMA, NY; Owner: SACHEM CENTRAL SCH DIST HOLBROOK)
- WLIU (88.3 FM; SOUTHAMPTON, NY; Owner: LONG ISLAND UNIVERSITY PUBLIC RADIO NETWORK)
- WKCR-FM (89.9 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: TRUSTEES OF COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY IN NEW YORK)
- WPLJ (95.5 FM; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WPLJ-FM RADIO, INC.)
- WEZN-FM (99.9 FM; BRIDGEPORT, CT; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WKCI-FM (101.3 FM; HAMDEN, CT; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WSHU-FM (91.1 FM; FAIRFIELD, CT; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WPKN (89.5 FM; BRIDGEPORT, CT; Owner: WPKN, INC.)
- WKWZ (88.5 FM; SYOSSET, NY; Owner: SYOSSET CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT)
- WPOB (88.5 FM; PLAINVIEW, NY; Owner: PLAINVIEW-OLD BETHPAGE CENT SCH DIST)
TV broadcast stations around Hauppauge:
- WFTY (Channel 67; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: UNIVISION NEW YORK LLC)
- WNYW (Channel 5; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WLNY (Channel 55; RIVERHEAD, NY; Owner: WLNY-TV, INC.)
- WNJU (Channel 47; LINDEN, NJ; Owner: WNJU LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WXNY-LP (Channel 32; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ISLAND BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WPXN-TV (Channel 31; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WLIW (Channel 21; GARDEN CITY, NY; Owner: EDUCATIONAL BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- W26CE (Channel 26; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ATLANTIC COAST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- W27CB (Channel 27; HEMPSTEAD, NY; Owner: K LICENSEE INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.