Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 27,512
Males: 13,376 (48.6%), Females: 14,136 (51.4%)
Median resident age: 35.3 years
Median household income: $72,801 (year 2000)
Median house value: $178,600 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Holbrook:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (89.1%)
- Hispanic (5.9%)
- Black (1.3%)
- Two or more races (1.1%)
- Filipino (1.0%)
- Asian Indian (0.9%)
- Other race (0.7%)
- Chinese (0.5%)
Ancestries: Italian (39.9%), Irish (27.5%), German (18.9%), Polish (6.0%), English (4.9%), Russian (3.1%).
New! New York forum
Elevation: 118 feet
Land area: 6.8 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Holbrook
- High school or higher: 90.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 22.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 7.7%
- Unemployed: 2.7%
- Mean travel time to work: 33.0 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Holbrook CDP
- Never married: 24.3%
- Now married: 61.8%
- Separated: 1.7%
- Widowed: 5.5%
- Divorced: 6.6%
5.9% Foreign born (2.2% Europe, 2.0% Asia, 1.5% Latin America).
Island Real Estate - or selling Mike Costanza is your answer. Save thousands in fees />
Island Luxury Homes - Gale Sotheby's International Luxury Real Estate Broker />
on Long Island - Properties offers apartments in desirable areas of Long Island. />
Real Estate - - featured real estate listings, condos, land, and homes for sale. />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: NY Smithtown, (10.3 miles pop. 115,715).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: NY Islip, (10.8 miles pop. 322,612).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (58.2 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: NY (2.2 miles Holtsville, Ronkonkoma, NY (3.3 miles Lake NY (3.3 miles Bohemia, NY (3.7 miles Farmingville, NY (3.7 miles Sayville, NY Ronkonkoma, (3.8 miles Patchogue, NY (3.8 miles North NY (3.9 miles Bayport,
Latitude: 40.80 N, Longitude: 73.08 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 631
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (19.8%), Retail trade (12.1%), Manufacturing (11.1%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: -7,393 (-26.9%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,125 (7.7%)
Average climate in Holbrook, New York
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Holbrook-area historical tornado activity is near New York state average. It is 57% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/10/1989, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 37.5 miles away from the Holbrook city center injured 40 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
On 7/10/1989, a category 2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 20.4 miles away from the city center injured one person.
Hospitals/medical centers near Holbrook:
- BROOKHAVEN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 6 miles; PATCHOGUE, NY)
- ST CATHERINE OF SIENA MEDICAL CENTER (about 10 miles; SMITHTOWN, NY)
- JOHN T MATHER MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 11 miles; PORT JEFFERSON, NY)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Holbrook:
- LONG ISLAND MAC ARTHUR (about 3 miles; ISLIP, NY; ID: ISP)
- REPUBLIC (about 24 miles; FARMINGDALE, NY; ID: FRG)
- IGOR I SIKORSKY MEMORIAL (about 25 miles; BRIDGEPORT, CT; ID: BDR)
Other public-use airports nearest to Holbrook:
- BAYPORT AERODROME (about 4 miles; BAYPORT, NY; ID: 23N)
- BROOKHAVEN (about 16 miles; SHIRLEY, NY; ID: HWV)
- LUFKER (about 23 miles; EAST MORICHES, NY; ID: O00)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Holbrook:
- SUFFOLK COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-AMMERMAN CAMPUS (about 6 miles; SELDEN, NY; Full-time enrollment: 6,992)
- SAINT JOSEPHS COLLEGE-SUFFOLK CAMPUS (about 6 miles; PATCHOGUE, NY; FT enrollment: 2,617)
- DOWLING COLLEGE (about 6 miles; OAKDALE, NY; FT enrollment: 3,747)
- SUFFOLK COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-WESTERN CAMPUS (about 12 miles; BRENTWOOD, NY; FT enrollment: 3,485)
- SUNY COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY AT FARMINGDALE (about 26 miles; FARMINGDALE, NY; FT enrollment: 3,831)
- FAIRFIELD UNIVERSITY (about 29 miles; FAIRFIELD, CT; FT enrollment: 4,197)
- SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY (about 29 miles; FAIRFIELD, CT; FT enrollment: 4,120)
Public primary/middle schools in Holbrook:
- SENECA JHS (Students: 1,272; Location: 850 MAIN ST; Grades: 07 - 08)
- NOKOMIS SCHOOL (Students: 717; Location: 151 HOLBROOK RD; Grades: KG - 06)
- GRUNDY AVE SCHOOL (Students: 657; Location: 950 GRUNDY AVE; Grades: KG - 06)
- MERRIMAC SCHOOL (Students: 628; Location: 1090 BROADWAY AVE; Grades: KG - 06)
Library in Holbrook:
- SACHEM PUBLIC LIBRARY (Operating income: $5,137,995; Location: 150 HOLBROOK ROAD; 281,289 books; 10,113 audio materials; 17,055 video materials; 690 serial subscriptions)
Church in Holbrook: Saint Johns Church (A).
Holbrook compared to New York state average:
- Median household income above state average.
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Number of rooms per house above state average.
- Population density above state average for cities.
Strongest AM radio stations in Holbrook:
- WLIM (1580 AM; 10 kW; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: POLNET COMMUNICATIONS, LTD.)
- WGSM (740 AM; 25 kW; HUNTINGTON, NY; Owner: K RADIO LICENSEE, INC.)
- WLIE (540 AM; 3 kW; ISLIP, NY; Owner: LONG ISLAND MULTIMEDIA, LLC.)
- WFAN (660 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WCBS (880 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WMCA (570 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF NEW YORK, LLC)
- WOR (710 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BUCKLEY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WABC (770 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WABC-AM RADIO, INC.)
- WEPN (1050 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK AM RADIO, LLC)
- WBBR (1130 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BLOOMBERG COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WINS (1010 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WQEW (1560 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: THE NEW YORK TIMES ELECTRONIC MEDIA COMPANY)
- WTIC (1080 AM; 50 kW; HARTFORD, CT; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Holbrook:
- WALK-FM (97.5 FM; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WUSB (90.1 FM; STONY BROOK, NY; Owner: STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK)
- W289AD (105.7 FM; SELDEN, NY; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WBLI (106.1 FM; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WSHR (91.9 FM; LAKE RONKONKOMA, NY; Owner: SACHEM CENTRAL SCH DIST HOLBROOK)
- WFRS (88.9 FM; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- WBZO (103.1 FM; BAY SHORE, NY; Owner: MID-ISLAND BROADCASTING LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WMJC (94.3 FM; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: IW LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY)
- WLIU (88.3 FM; SOUTHAMPTON, NY; Owner: LONG ISLAND UNIVERSITY PUBLIC RADIO NETWORK)
- WXXP (105.3 FM; CALVERTON-ROANOKE, NY; Owner: JARAD BROADCASTING CO. OF CALVERTON, INC)
- WRCN-FM (103.9 FM; RIVERHEAD, NY; Owner: IW LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY)
- W217AF (91.3 FM; HUNTINGTON STATION, NY; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WKCI-FM (101.3 FM; HAMDEN, CT; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WLVG (96.1 FM; CENTER MORICHES, NY; Owner: WAY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WEZN-FM (99.9 FM; BRIDGEPORT, CT; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WBAB (102.3 FM; BABYLON, NY; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WSHU-FM (91.1 FM; FAIRFIELD, CT; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WDRE (98.5 FM; WESTHAMPTON, NY; Owner: JARAD BROADCATING COMPANY OF WESTHAMPTON, INC.)
- WEBE (107.9 FM; WESTPORT, CT; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WXBA (88.1 FM; BRENTWOOD, NY; Owner: BRENTWOOD UNION FREE SCHOOL DISTRICT)
TV broadcast stations around Holbrook:
- WFTY (Channel 67; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: UNIVISION NEW YORK LLC)
- WLNY (Channel 55; RIVERHEAD, NY; Owner: WLNY-TV, INC.)
- W26CE (Channel 26; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ATLANTIC COAST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.