Zip Code, Weather Forecast, Radio Stations, Population, Crime Rate, Area Codes
<< See who will be the next president.
Population (year 2000): 17,006
Males: 8,332 (49.0%), Females: 8,674 (51.0%)
Median resident age: 34.5 years
Median household income: $68,544 (year 2000)
Median house value: $171,200 (year 2000)
List your B&M business here for free. Over a million visitors/week. Get a huge advantage over your competition
Races in Holtsville:
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
- White Non-Hispanic (89.0%)
- Hispanic (7.1%)
- Two or more races (1.4%)
- Other race (1.2%)
- Black (1.1%)
- Asian Indian (0.6%)
Ancestries: Italian (40.1%), Irish (29.0%), German (20.3%), Polish (5.6%), English (4.4%), United States (3.2%).
New! New York forum
Elevation: 105 feet
Land area: 7.0 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Holtsville
- High school or higher: 89.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 19.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 6.1%
- Unemployed: 3.1%
- Mean travel time to work: 31.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Holtsville CDP
- Never married: 24.3%
- Now married: 64.0%
- Separated: 1.2%
- Widowed: 3.9%
- Divorced: 6.6%
7.0% Foreign born (3.1% Europe, 2.1% Latin America, 1.6% Asia).
Island Real Estate - or selling Mike Costanza is your answer. Save thousands in fees />
a Home in Holtsville - the Holtsville MLS Now Find a Home and a Realtor®, aff />
Island Luxury Homes - Gale Sotheby's International Luxury Real Estate Broker />
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: NY (9.2 miles Brookhaven, pop. 448,248).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: York, NY New (60.3 miles pop. 8,008,278).
Nearest cities: NY (2.0 miles Farmingville, NY (2.2 miles Holbrook, Patchogue, NY (2.6 miles North NY (4.0 miles Selden, NY Patchogue, (4.0 miles NY (4.2 miles Medford, Point, NY (4.4 miles Blue NY (4.6 miles Bayport,
Latitude: 40.81 N, Longitude: 73.05 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 631
Industries providing employment: Educational,health and social services (20.0%), Retail trade (13.3%).
Daytime population change due to commuting: +795 (+4.7%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 731 (8.4%)
Average climate in Holtsville, New York
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Holtsville-area historical tornado activity is near New York state average. It is 57% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/10/1989, a category 4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 36.1 miles away from the Holtsville city center injured 40 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
On 7/10/1989, a category 2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 18.4 miles away from the city center injured one person.
Main business address for: SYMBOL TECHNOLOGIES INC (COMPUTER PERIPHERAL EQUIPMENT, NEC).
Hospitals/medical centers near Holtsville:
- BROOKHAVEN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 5 miles; PATCHOGUE, NY)
- JOHN T MATHER MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 10 miles; PORT JEFFERSON, NY)
- ST CHARLES HOSPITAL (about 10 miles; PORT JEFFERSON, NY)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Holtsville:
- LONG ISLAND MAC ARTHUR (about 5 miles; ISLIP, NY; ID: ISP)
- IGOR I SIKORSKY MEMORIAL (about 24 miles; BRIDGEPORT, CT; ID: BDR)
- REPUBLIC (about 26 miles; FARMINGDALE, NY; ID: FRG)
Other public-use airports nearest to Holtsville:
- BAYPORT AERODROME (about 5 miles; BAYPORT, NY; ID: 23N)
- BROOKHAVEN (about 14 miles; SHIRLEY, NY; ID: HWV)
- LUFKER (about 21 miles; EAST MORICHES, NY; ID: O00)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Holtsville:
- SUFFOLK COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-AMMERMAN CAMPUS (about 4 miles; SELDEN, NY; Full-time enrollment: 6,992)
- SAINT JOSEPHS COLLEGE-SUFFOLK CAMPUS (about 5 miles; PATCHOGUE, NY; FT enrollment: 2,617)
- DOWLING COLLEGE (about 8 miles; OAKDALE, NY; FT enrollment: 3,747)
- SUFFOLK COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-WESTERN CAMPUS (about 14 miles; BRENTWOOD, NY; FT enrollment: 3,485)
- SUNY COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY AT FARMINGDALE (about 28 miles; FARMINGDALE, NY; FT enrollment: 3,831)
- FAIRFIELD UNIVERSITY (about 29 miles; FAIRFIELD, CT; FT enrollment: 4,197)
- SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY (about 29 miles; FAIRFIELD, CT; FT enrollment: 4,120)
Public primary/middle schools in Holtsville:
- SAGAMORE JHS (Students: 1,326; Location: 57 DIVISION ST; Grades: 07 - 08)
- TAMARAC ES (Students: 781; Location: 50 SPENCE AVE; Grades: KG - 06)
- WAVERLY AVE SCHOOL (Students: 740; Location: 1111 WAVERLY AVE; Grades: KG - 06)
- CHIPPEWA ES (Students: 683; Location: ONE DAVID MELLO DR; Grades: KG - 06)
Cemeteries: Patchogue Cemetery (1), Waverly Cemetery (2).
Holtsville compared to New York state average:
- Median household income above state average.
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage above state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Number of rooms per house above state average.
Strongest AM radio stations in Holtsville:
- WLIM (1580 AM; 10 kW; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: POLNET COMMUNICATIONS, LTD.)
- WGSM (740 AM; 25 kW; HUNTINGTON, NY; Owner: K RADIO LICENSEE, INC.)
- WLIE (540 AM; 3 kW; ISLIP, NY; Owner: LONG ISLAND MULTIMEDIA, LLC.)
- WFAN (660 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WCBS (880 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WMCA (570 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF NEW YORK, LLC)
- WOR (710 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BUCKLEY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WABC (770 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: WABC-AM RADIO, INC.)
- WALK (1370 AM; 1 kW; EAST PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WTIC (1080 AM; 50 kW; HARTFORD, CT; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WEPN (1050 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: NEW YORK AM RADIO, LLC)
- WBBR (1130 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: BLOOMBERG COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WINS (1010 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Holtsville:
- WALK-FM (97.5 FM; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WUSB (90.1 FM; STONY BROOK, NY; Owner: STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK)
- W289AD (105.7 FM; SELDEN, NY; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WBLI (106.1 FM; PATCHOGUE, NY; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WSHR (91.9 FM; LAKE RONKONKOMA, NY; Owner: SACHEM CENTRAL SCH DIST HOLBROOK)
- WFRS (88.9 FM; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- WBZO (103.1 FM; BAY SHORE, NY; Owner: MID-ISLAND BROADCASTING LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WLIU (88.3 FM; SOUTHAMPTON, NY; Owner: LONG ISLAND UNIVERSITY PUBLIC RADIO NETWORK)
- WMJC (94.3 FM; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: IW LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY)
- WXXP (105.3 FM; CALVERTON-ROANOKE, NY; Owner: JARAD BROADCASTING CO. OF CALVERTON, INC)
- WRCN-FM (103.9 FM; RIVERHEAD, NY; Owner: IW LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY)
- WLVG (96.1 FM; CENTER MORICHES, NY; Owner: WAY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WKCI-FM (101.3 FM; HAMDEN, CT; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WPLR (99.1 FM; NEW HAVEN, CT; Owner: COX RADIO, INC.)
- W217AF (91.3 FM; HUNTINGTON STATION, NY; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WDRE (98.5 FM; WESTHAMPTON, NY; Owner: JARAD BROADCATING COMPANY OF WESTHAMPTON, INC.)
- WEZN-FM (99.9 FM; BRIDGEPORT, CT; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WSHU-FM (91.1 FM; FAIRFIELD, CT; Owner: SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY, INC.)
- WBAB (102.3 FM; BABYLON, NY; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WEBE (107.9 FM; WESTPORT, CT; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
TV broadcast stations around Holtsville:
- WFTY (Channel 67; SMITHTOWN, NY; Owner: UNIVISION NEW YORK LLC)
- WLNY (Channel 55; RIVERHEAD, NY; Owner: WLNY-TV, INC.)
- W26CE (Channel 26; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: ATLANTIC COAST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
To understand how the electorate votes by state, you have to understand the demographics of the cities and counties in each of those states. As pollsters, we try to keep all of the important variables such as income, gender, and race consistent.